Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd have thought 20:40 - Aug 17 with 3142 viewsBarrySwan

That if a manager decides to implement a passing game he'd check to see if most of the hopeless inadequates in his squad were actually capable of passing to their own side occasionally rather than teeing up the opposition with monotonous regularity.

I suppose fielding a midfield that appears to be capable of being out muscled by most under 12 sides in any local league doesn't help either. I'd be surprised if most of them had the strength to put their own kit on unaided judging by the first half tonight.
I'd have thought on 20:45 - Aug 17 with 3052 viewsSwan91

Wow doesn't take long... 1 bad half after 2 wins (that included good passing play from all players) and suddenly all out players are bad and can't pass to save their life.

bad 45 minutes yes, how about wait till the second half before slating a team that one their first 2 games.. not all games are going to be great and we are playing against a team who know how to defend the way we play.

give Potter half time to fix things and sort other things out and let's see how it goes.

Most of our fans are impatient...
I'd have thought on 20:47 - Aug 17 with 3014 viewsplasjack

If the second half has the same statistics we will lose.
I'd have thought on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 2989 viewsSwan91

I'd have thought on 20:47 - Aug 17 by plasjack

well no... if the second half had the same exact statistics.. then we would draw... goals are statistics aswell...
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 20:48]
I'd have thought on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 2980 viewsPhil_S

Well we wouldn't as if the statistics were the same it would be 0-0
I'd have thought on 20:50 - Aug 17 with 2960 viewsbarry_island

Our main problem looks to be extreme inexperience.

they are trying things even if it hasn't worked on the previous 100 attempts.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

I'd have thought on 20:52 - Aug 17 with 2947 viewsLeonWasGod

I reckon if the second half has the same statistics that count we won’t lose. Know what you mean though.

As for Potter and his passing game, there’s only do much he can do so quickly. Especially when the board are selling players from underneath him but are to tight to fund the replacements he wants. He’s having to work with the hand he’s dealt with and doing remarkably well considering. Celina’s showing what could be possible if Potter is backed - he opens up the game and makes making space (for him or others) look so easy. Streets ahead of Carroll and Fulton even though he’s still raw.
I'd have thought on 21:41 - Aug 17 with 2700 viewsE20Jack

I said people would be lying in wait for a bad game.

Looks like patience has wore thin waiting so it’s this 0-0 away game to be the target by the looks of it.

Oh joy.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I'd have thought on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 2603 viewsSwanseajill

I'd have thought on 20:50 - Aug 17 by barry_island

I agree about inexperience, it was men against boys tonight. But don't these boys have guts.

B,ham bullies didn't overwhelm them particularly in the first half. I can see better things to come from this team.
A point well won.
Login to get fewer ads

I'd have thought on 21:51 - Aug 17 with 2567 viewsgolly47

I'd have thought on 21:50 - Aug 17 by Swanseajill

I agree about inexperience, it was men against boys tonight. But don't these boys have guts.

B,ham bullies didn't overwhelm them particularly in the first half. I can see better things to come from this team.
A point well won.

It literally was men against boys. Swansea Under 23's vs Brums XI

Poll: What was worse?

I'd have thought on 21:54 - Aug 17 with 2534 viewsBarrySwan

I'd have thought on 21:41 - Aug 17 by E20Jack

I said people would be lying in wait for a bad game.

Looks like patience has wore thin waiting so it’s this 0-0 away game to be the target by the looks of it.

Oh joy.

To be fair you are right Oh font of all knowledge football.

I've reassessed the performance given your obvious displeasure with anyone stating the obvious and here is my new assessement of the game:-

I'd have thought hat if a manager decides to implement a passing game he'd check to see if most of the hopeless inadequates in his squad were actually capable of passing to their own side occasionally rather than teeing up the opposition with monotonous regularity.

I suppose fielding a midfield that appears to be capable of being out muscled by most under 12 sides in any local league doesn't help either. I'd be surprised if most of them had the strength to put their own kit on unaided judging by the first half tonight.

Hooking two midfielders who struggled with the intensity and strength of the handshakes from the Birmingham mascots in the pre match line up with two substitutes who showed a bit of fight and the ability to actually find their own teamates helped by a gritty gutsy determined battling, if still poor quality second half from the rest of the team gained an unlikely much appreciated away point
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:55]
I'd have thought on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 2510 viewsAngelRangelQS

Great gutsy point.

Worst performance of the season but with such a young and new side you’re always going to get that. To have 7 points in the bag at this stage is a bonus.

We need a couple of new faces and there were a lot of errors today but they can be forgiven. I don’t think we’ll be challenging for promotion this year but that doesn’t matter... we aren’t in it for a quick fix
I'd have thought on 22:17 - Aug 17 with 2390 viewsE20Jack

I'd have thought on 21:56 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

Great gutsy point.

Worst performance of the season but with such a young and new side you’re always going to get that. To have 7 points in the bag at this stage is a bonus.

We need a couple of new faces and there were a lot of errors today but they can be forgiven. I don’t think we’ll be challenging for promotion this year but that doesn’t matter... we aren’t in it for a quick fix

Superb away point at a place where Welsh clubs have won 4 times in 50+ attempts.

I'd have thought on 22:25 - Aug 17 with 2308 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can’t see how that can be considered as anything other than an excellent, hard earned point. We have a team full of kids and strangers who are learning literally on the job in the second highest league in the country and a manager with a squad shorn of any experience. Give them a break mun. We also have owners seemingly completely unwilling to help the manager out by recruiting the experienced players everyone can see we so desperately need.

Poll: Tory leader

I'd have thought on 22:29 - Aug 17 with 2248 viewsFireboy2

Tbf gp is only playing his hand with the cards hes been dealt with
I'd have thought on 22:39 - Aug 17 with 2197 viewsjasfan

I'd have thought on 22:29 - Aug 17 by Fireboy2

Tbf gp is only playing his hand with the cards hes been dealt with

Exactly.

He has stated that he would like to bring in players to support the ones he already has here and that includes a midfield player like Ryan Woods that is essential to the style of football he wants to play.
I'd have thought on 22:46 - Aug 17 with 2155 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

For team that has played three games, I think Potter is working hard to organised, the second half was not great but better than the first.
I'm prepared to give it time and see how we shape up in the next month.
Hopefully we will we have a couple of strong loans in the starting line up.
Because of the off field tawtage it's our only hope.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

I'd have thought on 23:04 - Aug 17 with 2096 viewsDJack

I'd have thought on 20:50 - Aug 17 by barry_island

"they are trying things even if it hasn't worked on the previous 100 attempts."

Much like your postings then.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

I'd have thought on 23:08 - Aug 17 with 2066 viewsDJack

I'd have thought on 21:56 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

Great gutsy point.

I am saddened to report that this is a rare good post from yourself these days. I would suggest that you look at Clasie's post below to get the full picture.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

I'd have thought on 23:11 - Aug 17 with 2047 viewsmajorraglan

GP can only work with the resources available at his disposal. As has been the case over the last few seasons, most of the fans can see the shortcomings in the squad, it now a case of the board realising the same thing and doing something about it. Great point all things considered.
I'd have thought on 23:18 - Aug 17 with 2020 viewsGlyn1

Good point. Good result

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

I'd have thought on 23:30 - Aug 17 with 1981 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd have thought on 23:08 - Aug 17 by DJack

I am saddened to report that this is a rare good post from yourself these days. I would suggest that you look at Clasie's post below to get the full picture.

Not sure if that’s a compliment
I'd have thought on 23:57 - Aug 17 with 1914 viewsDJack

I'd have thought on 23:30 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

Unfortunately it is not mate...in this instance.

Here is the root of my thinking... both you and Highjack have generally posted stuff that I disagree with but I've accepted that you both post from a position of belief in what you post, with an argument to back it up. However these days for the most part I think that your thinking has altered for the worst as you appear, to me at least, to be a club apologist whilst Highjack is generally consistent, if not a little more right wing. Highjack is still a good poster, you not so much (in my biased opinion) -my opinion of you can still go up or down, please seek advise of a financial professional etc, etc

But as I said in reply to your earlier comment, it was a good post.

TL;DR Over the many, many years on this board I respected your different views...now not so much.

p.s. please keep posting though.

I'd have thought on 07:20 - Aug 18 with 1723 viewsE20Jack

I'd have thought on 23:57 - Aug 17 by DJack

Unfortunately it is not mate...in this instance.

Here is the root of my thinking... both you and Highjack have generally posted stuff that I disagree with but I've accepted that you both post from a position of belief in what you post, with an argument to back it up. However these days for the most part I think that your thinking has altered for the worst as you appear, to me at least, to be a club apologist whilst Highjack is generally consistent, if not a little more right wing. Highjack is still a good poster, you not so much (in my biased opinion) -my opinion of you can still go up or down, please seek advise of a financial professional etc, etc

But as I said in reply to your earlier comment, it was a good post.

TL;DR Over the many, many years on this board I respected your different views...now not so much.

p.s. please keep posting though.

DJack seems to have spent the day critiquing posters over their contributions in recent times, then replying to the post. Wtf is wrong with you?

Reply to the post if you want but please stop thinking that these guys care what you think of their hisroric posting. Yours are among the worst on here at the moment so it’s a little rich, now you brought it up.

I'd have thought on 08:05 - Aug 18 with 1647 viewsMo_Wives

I'd have thought on 23:30 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

I'm not sure it matters, considering who posted it.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

I'd have thought on 08:19 - Aug 18 with 1601 viewsMo_Wives

I'd have thought on 07:20 - Aug 18 by E20Jack

DJack seems to have spent the day critiquing posters over their contributions in recent times, then replying to the post. Wtf is wrong with you?

Reply to the post if you want but please stop thinking that these guys care what you think of their hisroric posting. Yours are among the worst on here at the moment so it’s a little rich, now you brought it up.

It's like as if they got Russell Grant to be a judge on celebrity fit club and he decided to do it in the style of Simon Cowell.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 8:24]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024