Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 21:27 - Aug 17 with 9012 viewsbluenile

Looks like a League One player tonight.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

McBurnie on 09:13 - Aug 18 with 2155 viewsLoyal

McBurnie on 09:10 - Aug 18 by clloy2

Can anyone suggest what might happen if he gets injured ?

He definitely won't play ....

We will revert to a 6 4 1. And any one from 3 midfielders up front, its called asset stripping.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 10:58]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

McBurnie on 09:20 - Aug 18 with 2143 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie on 22:00 - Aug 17 by Rancid

Bollocks and bookmarked!!!!

He's not a hold up striker , just not his game. It's a pity Bony isn't fit, would have been a different game which we might have sneaked. His ability to dominate 2 CB's at once would have encouraged the MF 3 behind him to get forward much more.

It was a worrying performance but it says a lot about the standard of this league that we didn't lose. Leeds on the horizon is a real worry though.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 9:21]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie on 09:41 - Aug 18 with 2099 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie on 09:20 - Aug 18 by Brynmill_Jack

He's not a hold up striker , just not his game. It's a pity Bony isn't fit, would have been a different game which we might have sneaked. His ability to dominate 2 CB's at once would have encouraged the MF 3 behind him to get forward much more.

It was a worrying performance but it says a lot about the standard of this league that we didn't lose. Leeds on the horizon is a real worry though.

The thing is though we shouldn’t worry about Leeds. They’ve had a couple of years together as a team doing reasonably ok in the division whereas obviously we are at the other end of the spectrum.

I think to some extent we all need to realise that this is going to take time and there will be some (more) pain along the way but if everyone is sensible and we recruit well over the next few windows then hopefully in a season or twos time we’ll have a settled side with a real chance of taking the division by storm.
McBurnie on 09:41 - Aug 18 with 2098 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie on 09:10 - Aug 18 by clloy2

Can anyone suggest what might happen if he gets injured ?

Ex postie Gary Waggy Richards steps in, or young Tosh. Sorted.

Beware of the Risen People

McBurnie on 11:26 - Aug 18 with 2021 viewsjasper_T

We played much of the game with Asoro (and later James) technically up front with McBurnie lurking out in the left channel.

Young Joel has played more games in the Championship at centre forward than out on the wing. I imagine that's the current plan B if Ollie's toothpicks break.
McBurnie on 11:54 - Aug 18 with 1956 viewscontroversial_jack

McBurnie on 21:44 - Aug 17 by LeonWasGod

Nah. He had no supply, so he ended up dropping deep and then he’s no use to anyone. Especially as nobody was prepared to run beyond him. It was a bad team performance on the ball, not just a bad Ollie performance. As part of that I hope VdH isn’t going to go back to his aimless punts down the channels- he was guilty of that when we first signed him and seemed to revert to it tonight. Joe going long ball too.

We desperately need a Leon type in the middle. Tom isn’t it.

VDH, found his man most of the time, it wasn't always controlled when received is another matter. Olssons punts weren't accurate though
McBurnie on 12:37 - Aug 18 with 1931 viewsdobjack2

McBurnie on 09:41 - Aug 18 by AngelRangelQS

The thing is though we shouldn’t worry about Leeds. They’ve had a couple of years together as a team doing reasonably ok in the division whereas obviously we are at the other end of the spectrum.

I think to some extent we all need to realise that this is going to take time and there will be some (more) pain along the way but if everyone is sensible and we recruit well over the next few windows then hopefully in a season or twos time we’ll have a settled side with a real chance of taking the division by storm.

We also need to recruit well in the rest of this window.
McBurnie on 13:07 - Aug 18 with 1918 viewsDr_Winston

McBurnie on 21:49 - Aug 17 by bluenile

Yes? Whenever he had it he gave it away. Not good enough at this level. Carroll no better. McKay invisible. Thing is, I believe this manager can get us promoted , given the tools. Aah there's the rub, not a chance with these cretins in charge. A few good performances tonight. Mulder, Rodon, VDH, Roberts, Olsson, Fer when he came on. Celina has skill aplenty, but kept losing possession, you can't do that at this level.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:51]

Yeah, the guy who scored nine goals in about thirteen starts for Barnsley in the Championship last season is not good enough at this level.

Do people think for a split second before posting this shit?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 13:54 - Aug 18 with 1870 viewsElmo

He is clearly under-performing - by his own standards and the standards we desperately needed in the last 2 games

From the moment he missed the pen he seems to be trying too hard - running his socks off without the composure to run into the right positions and control the ball effectively

He needs time, and an experienced CF to mentor him.

GP sees his potential and is the right man to nurture his natural talent
McBurnie on 14:18 - Aug 18 with 1838 viewstrinityann

McBurnie on 13:54 - Aug 18 by Elmo

He is clearly under-performing - by his own standards and the standards we desperately needed in the last 2 games

From the moment he missed the pen he seems to be trying too hard - running his socks off without the composure to run into the right positions and control the ball effectively

He needs time, and an experienced CF to mentor him.

GP has not much choice, being he is the only striker.
McBurnie on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 1752 viewsperplex

To lightweight always has been and always will be, as the thread starter says League 1 player at best.
McBurnie on 19:54 - Aug 18 with 1698 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie on 22:57 - Aug 17 by jasper_T

The money he's paid means he should be held to a higher standard of performance as a footballer compared to me, yeah.

He had a bad game. Yes, it's hard when your team isn't playing well, but he didn't cover himself in glory flailing through the air, misplacing simple passes, and getting into arguments with the refs.

Hope Potter has got him on the weights, he's got the frame to be a much more effective player with some mass. Not like he has any pace to lose.

"The money he's paid means he should be held to a higher standard of performance as a footballer compared to me, yeah."

Wrong. He's an average footballer on an average wage for where he's at. I don't know what your wage is for what you do, but i guess you're paid the going rate just like Ollie.

And no, you cannot change an athletes natural physique in the hope it will improve their performance, as it won't, whatever sport you play. He is what he is. Give the guy a break. In fact we need to give them all a break because they're all we've got. Get behind them!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:55]
McBurnie on 20:06 - Aug 18 with 1671 viewsOldjack

He's a good goal poacher,Even the best in the world won't score or get a sniff without service ,he had about zero of that yesterday ,he'll thrive when we put the opposition under pressure in the 18 yard area

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

McBurnie on 20:10 - Aug 18 with 1664 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 19:54 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

"The money he's paid means he should be held to a higher standard of performance as a footballer compared to me, yeah."

Wrong. He's an average footballer on an average wage for where he's at. I don't know what your wage is for what you do, but i guess you're paid the going rate just like Ollie.

And no, you cannot change an athletes natural physique in the hope it will improve their performance, as it won't, whatever sport you play. He is what he is. Give the guy a break. In fact we need to give them all a break because they're all we've got. Get behind them!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:55]

"Yeah cos it's so easy me and you could do it right?"

That's the post I was responding to with the wage comment. Try following a conversation before going off on one, yeah? Nothing to do with relative earnings for our respective careers, it was implied that we can't criticise Ollie's performance if we can't put in better ourselves.

Seen any pics of Ronaldo or Bale when they were lads? Of course young players can change physiques, don't be daft. Ollie's an absolute beanpole, could put on a couple of stone easy. Get in the gym and add some power to those thighs.
McBurnie on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 1623 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie on 20:10 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

That's the post I was responding to with the wage comment. Try following a conversation before going off on one, yeah? Nothing to do with relative earnings for our respective careers, it was implied that we can't criticise Ollie's performance if we can't put in better ourselves.

Seen any pics of Ronaldo or Bale when they were lads? Of course young players can change physiques, don't be daft. Ollie's an absolute beanpole, could put on a couple of stone easy. Get in the gym and add some power to those thighs.

I thought the same. 💪

Beware of the Risen People

McBurnie on 21:11 - Aug 18 with 1580 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie on 20:10 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

Erm no, you've been replying to me and responding to me. You're just being very silly now. Comparing pics of Ronaldo and Bale as lads to what they look like now!
Ollie could do with putting on a few stone? He's been like that all his life! That's the way he is built you idiot. It's not as simple as 'bulking him up' to make him perform better, hopefully as he matures and looks after himself he'll become more defined and muscular like Ronaldo and Bale who although look bigger, are probably about the same weight as they were when they were younger. I'm pretty sure they haven't put on a' few stone' as you are implying Potter does with Ollie you fvckin nugget!
McBurnie on 21:28 - Aug 18 with 1551 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 21:11 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

Erm no, you've been replying to me and responding to me. You're just being very silly now. Comparing pics of Ronaldo and Bale as lads to what they look like now!
Ollie could do with putting on a few stone? He's been like that all his life! That's the way he is built you idiot. It's not as simple as 'bulking him up' to make him perform better, hopefully as he matures and looks after himself he'll become more defined and muscular like Ronaldo and Bale who although look bigger, are probably about the same weight as they were when they were younger. I'm pretty sure they haven't put on a' few stone' as you are implying Potter does with Ollie you fvckin nugget!

I'm guessing you've never done any training yourself, then.
McBurnie on 21:31 - Aug 18 with 1543 viewsjasper_T

Same weight, yeah?
McBurnie on 21:58 - Aug 18 with 1513 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie on 21:28 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

I'm guessing you've never done any training yourself, then.

Not to 'bulk up' to perform a sport against my natural weight no. And those pictures back up my point not yours. A young kid who needs to mature physically, and a man at his peak fitness after years of training and looking after himself with the best fitness trainers money can buy .Not someone who needs to 'bulk up' and put on a few stone!

I'd hazard a guess and say there's very little difference in weight between those two pictures.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 22:01]
McBurnie on 22:13 - Aug 18 with 1477 viewsElmo

McBurnie on 21:58 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

Not to 'bulk up' to perform a sport against my natural weight no. And those pictures back up my point not yours. A young kid who needs to mature physically, and a man at his peak fitness after years of training and looking after himself with the best fitness trainers money can buy .Not someone who needs to 'bulk up' and put on a few stone!

I'd hazard a guess and say there's very little difference in weight between those two pictures.

No doubt if he bulked up he could massively transform his game.

At the moment he is in the main ineffective as a gangly utility front-man. Struggles to hold it up, win it in the air, provide an outlet etc.

To bulk up would give him an edge
McBurnie on 22:31 - Aug 18 with 1457 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 21:58 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

15lbs minimum.

McBurnie's got the frame to be a lot bigger and stronger than he is. "Natural" weight is a cop out, outdated nonsense. This is professional sport, every advantage should be sought.
McBurnie on 23:23 - Aug 18 with 1426 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie on 22:31 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

15lbs minimum.

McBurnie's got the frame to be a lot bigger and stronger than he is. "Natural" weight is a cop out, outdated nonsense. This is professional sport, every advantage should be sought.

15lbs minimum after years of fitness training and conditioning at the very top level. Very different to bulking up and putting on a few stone. What timescale do you suggest he does this over?
McBurnie on 23:48 - Aug 18 with 1394 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 23:23 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

15lbs minimum after years of fitness training and conditioning at the very top level. Very different to bulking up and putting on a few stone. What timescale do you suggest he does this over?

12-18 months easy. I did similar in 9 when I was in my mid twenties and first picked up a weight. Should be a lot easier for Ollie with all the staff at his disposal steering him in the right directions (plus he's even skinnier than I was back then).
McBurnie on 08:54 - Aug 19 with 1273 viewsscruffyjack

McBurnie on 09:20 - Aug 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Well said, he’s playing there because we’ve got no options. He didn’t play that role for Barnsley, so give the boy a break and get off his back.
McBurnie on 19:10 - Aug 19 with 1168 viewsGaryjack

McBurnie on 23:48 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

12-18 months easy. I did similar in 9 when I was in my mid twenties and first picked up a weight. Should be a lot easier for Ollie with all the staff at his disposal steering him in the right directions (plus he's even skinnier than I was back then).

He's a professional footballer performing at his natural physique. What you are suggesting would mean injury after injury. Final word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024