Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outstanding point 21:44 - Aug 17 with 6384 viewsDarran

Those young players deserve nothing but praise and should be very proud of themselves,everyone one of them.

People need to get off their backs and lower their expectations at the moment because we are not as good as some think.

We need some experience in the starting line up too,some of them looked to be getting a little frustrated tonight and we needed someone to tell them to calm it as a point is an outstanding point.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Outstanding point on 22:19 - Aug 17 with 1829 viewspencoedjack

Outstanding point on 21:47 - Aug 17 by Oldjack

bollocks .we were utter crap especially in the first half , Brum should have been at least three up my nan could pass a ball better

Liids will murder us if we play like that

I agree but hopeful with time Potters game plan comes to fruition

Hopefully Leroy @ full fitness will boss the midfield

Fulton/Carroll are far to lightweight
Outstanding point on 22:24 - Aug 17 with 1786 viewsSwansNZ

You can’t win anything with kids (Hansen, 1995)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Outstanding point on 22:29 - Aug 17 with 1751 viewsRancid

2 away games and 4 points with a team full of inexperienced strangers.Plus a home win.

It'll take a few months for the players to get familiar with eachother but when we do we'll be walloping sides.When you're that young you're fearless and don't have a losing mentality only a mentality of wanting to get better.I'm pretty excited about what's to come even though tonight we didn't click but it'll come.
Outstanding point on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 1744 viewsjasfan

Very good effort from a young team against a typically physical championship side.
Outstanding point on 22:31 - Aug 17 with 1720 viewsjacksfullaces

players worked hard.

trying to be expressive, but we'll see if that goes anywhere if the tiredness creeps in,

mcburnie can't continue to be our only option up front, and the defence can only keep than energy up for so long. the midfield I thought looks exciting, but will make mistakes and is a bit naive.

over to the owners now - what do they want this team to look like.

optimistically a rough diamond, pessimistically bits and pieces squad made up of hope to bes and what we have left from the EPL. so could go anyway at the moment.
Outstanding point on 22:33 - Aug 17 with 1712 viewsexiledclaseboy

bollocks .we were utter crap especially in the first half , Brum should have been at least three up my nan could pass a ball better

Well fair play that missed the point of the OP in spectacular fashion.

Poll: Tory leader

Outstanding point on 22:39 - Aug 17 with 1664 viewslonglostjack

Outstanding point on 22:19 - Aug 17 by lifelong

We rode our luck occasionally but I thought Birmingham were poor in their finishing, I actually thought that we were going to go on and win it, I was a bit disappointed that Montero wasn’t brought on in the last 20.

Maybe GP thought that if he’d turned in another brilliant performance the Board might be tempted to sell him before the Spanish and Italian windows close.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Outstanding point on 22:50 - Aug 17 with 1605 viewsbermudajack

Outstanding point on 22:39 - Aug 17 by longlostjack

Maybe GP thought that if he’d turned in another brilliant performance the Board might be tempted to sell him before the Spanish and Italian windows close.

Do people genuinely think we’re only a couple of signings away from being a good side?

Potter may well be equipped to improve performances in some players (not seen much evidence of this with Carrol, Olsson, McKay, McBurnie or Roberts yet) as they’re all playing like they did last year...agreed it’s early days yet...

Surely We need 1CD, 1DM, 1CF, 1CM at the very least ?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Outstanding point on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 1587 viewstrinityann

The last 3 half's of football we have played is relegation standard football. Our defense can't keep saving the team, the floodgates will open soon and young inexperienced heads will drop. Its disappointing at this level especially against Garry Monk where we are losing 12/13-0 on a attempts on goal. I dont buy the excuse of young players, its 11 vs 11 at the end of the day.

I also have no confidence that we will bring anymore players in. The body language of Mr Potter was not great when asked the question after the game.
Outstanding point on 23:17 - Aug 17 with 1524 viewslonglostjack

Outstanding point on 22:50 - Aug 17 by bermudajack

Do people genuinely think we’re only a couple of signings away from being a good side?

Potter may well be equipped to improve performances in some players (not seen much evidence of this with Carrol, Olsson, McKay, McBurnie or Roberts yet) as they’re all playing like they did last year...agreed it’s early days yet...

I’d say three signings away. CB cover DM and an alternative for McBurnie up front.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Outstanding point on 23:46 - Aug 17 with 1470 viewsItchySphincter

Idiot.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Outstanding point on 23:51 - Aug 17 with 1456 viewsbermudajack

Outstanding point on 23:17 - Aug 17 by longlostjack

I’d say three signings away. CB cover DM and an alternative for McBurnie up front.

Someone said on here recently that our lack of signings and the big fire sale would result in us sliding down the league until the Yanks offload us to cut their losses and sell...

If we fail to sign at least 4 players on loan to boost the squad, then I’m going to give this idea some credibility as they've clearly lost interest in us since our relegation

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Outstanding point on 00:40 - Aug 18 with 1397 viewsBanosswan

Outstanding point on 22:19 - Aug 17 by lifelong

We rode our luck occasionally but I thought Birmingham were poor in their finishing, I actually thought that we were going to go on and win it, I was a bit disappointed that Montero wasn’t brought on in the last 20.

Montero against this lot would be six months out ai least.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Outstanding point on 13:05 - Aug 18 with 1213 viewsDarran

Outstanding point on 22:33 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Well fair play that missed the point of the OP in spectacular fashion.

Alan’s not the brightest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Outstanding point on 13:20 - Aug 18 with 1188 viewsraynor94

Yes, it was an excellent point, but we can't continue like this, Potter has one arm tied behind his back.

If fresh blood isn't fetched in before the loan window closes, it's going to be a long hard season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Outstanding point on 13:31 - Aug 18 with 1173 viewsElmo

Great thread, many positives to build upon

GP being the biggest positive - cleverly nurturing youngsters, tactical adaptability, professional demeanor etc

GP - future DoF in the making
Outstanding point on 13:47 - Aug 18 with 1162 viewsMuteswan

We’ll play far, far better than that and lose during the rest of the season. A very good point, away from home, with a young team. 7 points from 3 games, 2 away from home, take that all day long.
Outstanding point on 14:53 - Aug 18 with 1121 viewsFlashberryjack

Outstanding point on 22:11 - Aug 17 by Oldjack

it was a very very lucky point ,not a great point ,

It was a very very lucky point...but an absolute sh*te performance.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Outstanding point on 15:16 - Aug 18 with 1083 viewsmonmouth

Outstanding point on 13:20 - Aug 18 by raynor94

Yes, it was an excellent point, but we can't continue like this, Potter has one arm tied behind his back.

If fresh blood isn't fetched in before the loan window closes, it's going to be a long hard season

We had to have a change of approach but we are in serious danger of chucking out the bath water, the baby, and the f*cking bath. We may well find ourselves rebuilding in league one if the next couple of weeks are treated the same way as the last 10.

The really good thing is I’m watching the development with a bit of hope again. I really think it’ll be a long time if ever before we trouble the circus above again, but I’m finding this more interesting. I care about the team and the players more now, and I’m much more forgiving of them because I believe they are playing for the team and not their egos. Don’t know if this will continue.

Sorry to be a bit pessimistic, but I have the post holiday blues, and I do think our golden periods for my lifetime have passed in 1977-1982 and 2007-2013. I feel quite blessed to have seen both though so I’m cool with it, as long as we can have a club to be proud of again, rather than the pigs trough squalid greedfest typified by anything Ayew that we’ve seen from all and sundry over the last couple of gravy train years.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Outstanding point on 15:20 - Aug 18 with 1063 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Outstanding point on 15:16 - Aug 18 by monmouth

We had to have a change of approach but we are in serious danger of chucking out the bath water, the baby, and the f*cking bath. We may well find ourselves rebuilding in league one if the next couple of weeks are treated the same way as the last 10.

The really good thing is I’m watching the development with a bit of hope again. I really think it’ll be a long time if ever before we trouble the circus above again, but I’m finding this more interesting. I care about the team and the players more now, and I’m much more forgiving of them because I believe they are playing for the team and not their egos. Don’t know if this will continue.

Sorry to be a bit pessimistic, but I have the post holiday blues, and I do think our golden periods for my lifetime have passed in 1977-1982 and 2007-2013. I feel quite blessed to have seen both though so I’m cool with it, as long as we can have a club to be proud of again, rather than the pigs trough squalid greedfest typified by anything Ayew that we’ve seen from all and sundry over the last couple of gravy train years.

I suppose the question has to be :- if they can get enough money back but as a result get us relegated to league one - will it matter to them?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Outstanding point on 15:33 - Aug 18 with 1030 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Outstanding point on 22:50 - Aug 17 by bermudajack

"Potter may well be equipped to improve performances in some players (not seen much evidence of this with Carrol, Olsson, McKay, McBurnie or Roberts yet) as they’re all playing like they did last year"
What world do you live in?
Roberts is playing very well, McBurnie scored 9 goals in 12 games last year, McKay didn't even play for us.
So that leaves Carroll and Olsson, Olsson had a reasonable game, so that just leaves Carroll, OK.
Outstanding point on 15:40 - Aug 18 with 1017 viewsFlashberryjack

Outstanding point on 15:16 - Aug 18 by monmouth

Sadly we are watching history repeat itself, like yourself I've watched us through our two stints at the top table, I can't imagine me ever seeing it again, it's going to take that long.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Outstanding point on 17:37 - Aug 18 with 914 viewsPozuelosSideys

We've started as well as we could have hoped. Unbeaten, only conceded once and still picked up a point in an away game we should have lost by a couple.

But we really need at least a couple of loans to build on the start. Even beaky will realise this and hopefully is going to make it happen

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Outstanding point on 18:47 - Aug 18 with 860 viewsmike1

Totally agree at least we are seeing players who are trying not overpaid wannaways. Some look very good footballers and yes they would benefit from older heads and physicality.They are running themselves into the ground for the cause which is worrying due to number of games and no replacements to give some a break.
We all want to win but in reality what would that bring? Promotion - if this were to happen how much would we need to spend to try and stay up again? The lower teams in the premiership spent a lot of mone- if we had stayed up would we- no. We are stuck in a vicious circle let's get behind these youngsters and hope that someone has the sense to add finances to much needed reinforcements ( not mercenaries).
Outstanding point on 19:19 - Aug 18 with 840 viewsOldjack

Outstanding point on 23:46 - Aug 17 by ItchySphincter

Idiot.

Pr1ck , an outstanding point is when you can compete with the opposition and battle for a draw we did neither ,but we got damn lucky even the manager said so ,that was a VERY LUCKY point and most certainly not an outstanding point

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024