Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 21:45 - Aug 17 with 6533 viewspencoedjack

Thoughts ?
Tom Carroll on 00:10 - Aug 18 with 1502 viewsGaz_M

Tom Carroll on 00:00 - Aug 18 by DJack

To be fair JT got stuck in to some difficult battles and therefore a good pass was limited (unavailable)...what the fck did TC do?

Who’s JT
Tom Carroll on 00:16 - Aug 18 with 1485 viewsDJack

Tom Carroll on 00:10 - Aug 18 by Gaz_M

Who’s JT

I think you know I meant to type JF, so please agree or disagree.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tom Carroll on 00:18 - Aug 18 with 1483 viewsGaz_M

Tom Carroll on 00:16 - Aug 18 by DJack

I think you know I meant to type JF, so please agree or disagree.

I wasn’t sure, hence I asked for clarification.

Jay Fulton had an awful, awful game and yet again showed how limited as a player he is.
Tom Carroll on 00:25 - Aug 18 with 1463 viewsDJack

Tom Carroll on 00:18 - Aug 18 by Gaz_M

I wasn’t sure, hence I asked for clarification.

Jay Fulton had an awful, awful game and yet again showed how limited as a player he is.

Really? I agree that he is limited but I thought that he battled well...sometimes to turn around his mistake but there you go. If you have a Rolls Royce that refuses to start or a Ford KA that sometimes misfires which would you use?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tom Carroll on 00:26 - Aug 18 with 1469 viewsjasper_T

Tom Carroll on 00:25 - Aug 18 by DJack

Really? I agree that he is limited but I thought that he battled well...sometimes to turn around his mistake but there you go. If you have a Rolls Royce that refuses to start or a Ford KA that sometimes misfires which would you use?

What's George Byers drive?
Tom Carroll on 00:28 - Aug 18 with 1458 viewsDJack

Tom Carroll on 00:26 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

Eh?

Tom Carroll on 00:40 - Aug 18 with 1427 viewsminimichu

Someone’s gonna have to do a very fine job convincing me that Carroll is a decent player at this level. I continue to fail to see what he brings to our team. Painfully weak and always goes missing when we’re in a scrap. Gutless in the tackle and gutless when courage is needed to produce something positive going forward.
Tom Carroll on 01:08 - Aug 18 with 1410 viewsKerouac

I do rate him and reckon he will be an asset in this league, he appears low on confidence though.

Tonight he had a 'mare in a physical game where an experienced, streetwise team set out to press us and bully us.
He wanted too long on the ball, he was weak in the challenge and he made poor decisions.

Carroll wasn't at the races at all and it was no surprise when Fer came on that it was he that got hooked.

Midfield in general...
The balance in there wasn't right.
Fulton as the DM and Carroll + Celina further forward didn't work in this game. We were on the backfoot and getting bullied.

Potter tried to rectify things by moving Carroll back next to Fulton...but Carroll wasn't up to the job.
Fer for Carroll stiffened us up in there.

Fulton worked his bollocks off and was a big reason why we escaped with a point, he challenged, he blocked, he won headers, he anticipated when his team mates were about to get their pockets picked and backed them up, he double teamed with Connor Roberts on the Birmingham winger at every opportunity.
He is never going to help dominate possession.

Celina is a lovely player, our most potent attacking threat...he is young and slight and didn't enjoy a game like that much though

We have all known for a long time that we need an experienced midfield general in there, we have been crying out for it for 3 seasons at least now, ever since Leon's little legs went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 01:11 - Aug 18 with 1402 viewsbuilthjack

Very weak.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tom Carroll on 01:37 - Aug 18 with 1383 viewsswan65split

needs a dog in MF to help and feed him, he has the skill, we haven't the players W&nks take note.
Tom Carroll on 07:22 - Aug 18 with 1286 viewscurleigh

Tom Carroll on 21:50 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

MOM in my opinion, lived up to his reputation with aplomb.

Is this a wind up, because you must have been watching a different game, take a look at the comments on this thread....absolute gash.....was last year and it's carried on to this season
Tom Carroll on 07:23 - Aug 18 with 1285 viewscurleigh

Tom Carroll on 23:26 - Aug 17 by icecoldjack

He failed to break into the team on his first stint at the club, so I was staggered that we later on signed him.

Not prem quality at all, thought champi9nship would be more his level but I'm starting to doubt that now, neat and tidy but only once in a blue moon will he do anything of note, I'm desperate for all the Ayers to do well, but it looks like Tom may have bit of a sulk on because it's finally dawning on him he isn't wanted by anyone and he is far away from being stand out in our worst midfield to take the field in over 10 yrs.

Gotta ho0e this boy can step up, but to me he lacks bottle .

Spot on
Tom Carroll on 07:48 - Aug 18 with 1266 viewsawayjack

Poor game. Lost the ball far too many times and brushed aside Far too easily. Rightly subbed.
Tom Carroll on 08:55 - Aug 18 with 1233 viewsclloy2

Tom Carroll on 07:48 - Aug 18 by awayjack

Poor game. Lost the ball far too many times and brushed aside Far too easily. Rightly subbed.

I think the fact that no one in this thread is saying anything different says it all really.
TC does not have the physicality to perform at this level, and GP knows that as well, he is no mug for sure. The only reason he is having to play him every game, is that the board refuse to back him. And while this continues to happen there'll be numerous threads about this player or that player not being up to the required standard, but in many respects it's the fault of the owners not the players
Tom Carroll on 09:06 - Aug 18 with 1212 viewsWAFU

He is šhît
Tom Carroll on 09:06 - Aug 18 with 1212 viewsLoyal

Lord Lucan.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tom Carroll on 09:17 - Aug 18 with 1205 viewsCatullus

Tom Carroll on 23:26 - Aug 17 by icecoldjack

He failed to break into the team on his first stint at the club, so I was staggered that we later on signed him.

Not prem quality at all, thought champi9nship would be more his level but I'm starting to doubt that now, neat and tidy but only once in a blue moon will he do anything of note, I'm desperate for all the Ayers to do well, but it looks like Tom may have bit of a sulk on because it's finally dawning on him he isn't wanted by anyone and he is far away from being stand out in our worst midfield to take the field in over 10 yrs.

Gotta ho0e this boy can step up, but to me he lacks bottle .

Yep all that and more, he's far too happy to give in and pass backwards and he gave the ball away so much I thought he was colour blind; sometimes his passing was so bad it made Renato Sanches pass to the hoarding board look good!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tom Carroll on 10:12 - Aug 18 with 1163 views34dfgdf54

He had a mare.

Desperately need reinforcements in midfield.
Tom Carroll on 10:58 - Aug 18 with 1128 viewscontroversial_jack

He makes up the numbers
Tom Carroll on 11:14 - Aug 18 with 1110 viewsairedale

Tom Carroll on 00:26 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

A street in Sketty?
Tom Carroll on 11:57 - Aug 18 with 1042 viewspencoedjack

Tom Carroll on 09:06 - Aug 18 by WAFU

He is šhît

Glad the majority think the same as me.
Tom Carroll on 12:26 - Aug 18 with 1016 viewskrunchykarrot

Tom carrol was part of a poor lightweight midfield, they tried passing in to our front 3 but they to were lightweight. Martin Olsen gave the ball away 3 times in the first 6 minutes if i remember correctly. They tried playing through them with give and go but were bullied off the ball making everyone even Celina hesitant or play long.

But hey we knew this and rode our luck to a point and are still unbeaten Leroy will boost the MF and we must get a ball winning loanee urgently, someone who tackles for fun doesnt need to be skillfull just a dog.
Tom Carroll on 14:48 - Aug 18 with 965 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you believe in statistic sites then WhoScored has some very interesing stats for our side that confirm what most of us think about our players and the midfield in particular.
Here are the basics in the order of
Minutes played, Total touches, Pass%, Total Tackles, clearances
Asoro 76m, 31, 77%, 2, 1
Carroll 63m, 40, 72%, 1, 2
Celina 95m, 77, 78%, 2, 3
Fulton 95m, 48, 36%, 6, 3
McKay 63m, 24, 69%, 1, 0
As you can see Celina was the most effective mid field player.
Fulton's passing was very poor but he at least tried to make up for it with defensive duties.
Both Carroll and Mckay were pretty ineffective and basically "hid" from the ball.
Asoro also did not see much of the ball.
Tom Carroll on 14:54 - Aug 18 with 950 viewsjack247

Good player, as is Fulton, haven’t really seen enough of Grimes.

Whichever of them you play, particularly if its Carroll, needs a ball winning, physical midfield partner. He’d look good if he had a bit of time and space. Put that combination up against a battling, pressing midfield like yesterday and they are going to get bullied, they will rush in possession because they know they are about to get harried and make simple mistakes.

We’ve probably got the makings of a decent team, but we are missing a couple of experienced, physical first teamers and squad depth. I don’t see our owners addressing that and can see players like Carroll ending up as scapegoats.
Tom Carroll on 14:58 - Aug 18 with 935 viewsFlashberryjack

Tom Carroll on 22:37 - Aug 17 by bermudajack

He was disappointed last year with his standards apparently...

Nothing’s changed... lightweight, sloppy, bottler who could have cost us 3 goals already thus season with sloppy, sloppy passes and failing to run back...

Needs dropping, put Grimes & Fulton in front of the back 4.., they can’t do any worse.. (or better still... sign a quality DM)

"Needs dropping, put Grimes & Fulton in front of the back 4"

If that happens god f*cking help us.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024