Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early evaluation 00:34 - Aug 18 with 7717 viewsCroftyjack

So heres my early evaluation after 3 games.

Positives: Unbeaten with only 1 goal conceded, 2 clean sheets
Some of the u23s look like they could be useful and have desire.
Potter learning quickly about the squad and the league
The quality the teams we played is gash(luckily tonight and 2nd half Preston)

Negatives: 2nd half against Sheff utd and 1st half Preston we looked decent..the rest we looked poor.
The Squad looks thin and lacks quality.
We have not addressed last seasons issues..ie midfield and creativity.
Reluctant to use Naughton,Montero, Narsingh and Dyer could mean they be loaned off.
Lack of urgency with new additions with at least 4 really needed for the squad.
No leaders on the pitch..again what we missed last season.

So you can view it 2 ways..7 points from 9 with plenty of room for improvement or we are lucky so far and things could have been different in the 3 games and with 43 games left the squad could fizzle away.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope we get those 3 or 4 quality players and Potter will get the team really going!!
Early evaluation on 11:07 - Aug 18 with 1339 viewsLoyal

Early evaluation on 08:47 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

Dont expect more than 2 signings and at the same time, I can see 4/5 leave before the end of the month.

Look at Cardiff and Villa last season, both done well in this league and got experienced free agents in at some point.

The free agent list after the window closed IF used correctly is a good asset at our disposal.

Spend some money you yank wa*ks.

I cant see us signing anyone.
Get to 55 points then relax,,it's our only hope.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Early evaluation on 11:10 - Aug 18 with 1331 viewslonglostjack

I'm still hoping that Potter is right when he said at the press conference last week that we were getting closer to loan signings. If nothing comes in and there are the usual bullshit excuses it'll be clear that he's being screwed over.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Early evaluation on 11:12 - Aug 18 with 1325 viewsjasfan

I think that's a good summary of what's happened so far.

Like you, I am still hoping that we can get three or four players in to help this young side develop individually and as a team. However all the signs at the moment point to players being moved on solely for financial rather than football reasons. From the debates on here about the Club's accounts it's hard to determine at this time whether the manager will be given a chance to recruit good replacements.

The financial impact of relegation from the Premier League has been compounded by the failure to recover the high fees paid in last season's transfer gambles and also the excessive wage bill that has developed since Andre Ayew and Bafe Gomis were signed on 'frees'. With relegation from the PL always a possibility for a club like ours, it's disappointing to say the least that football club wasn't managed differently to mitigate it's effect on the finances and hence allow the best possible chance for the Club to recover its PL status.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 11:18]
Early evaluation on 12:37 - Aug 18 with 1255 viewskrunchykarrot

Just needa ball winning dog or 2 in the centre and time for kids to adapt physically away from home where after last nights mauling all teams will try it on.
Leeds will be a good test with a great tactical coach who will get a tune out of any team.

We need to build a strong spine and bring youngsters on if we want to go up and not come straight back down, so last nights point was huge.
Early evaluation on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 1232 viewsTom1912

Early evaluation on 09:15 - Aug 18 by AngelRangelQS

Far better start than I imagined. Players looking raw but they’re a new team full of youngsters.

My concern is that our fans don’t understand the long term project and end up destroying confidence at games. Anyone who thought/thinks we are getting promoted this year is living in dreamland. I fully expect us to drop away as the season progresses but that’s fine... this team needs experience and game time (as well as a couple of reinforcements, obviously)

Spot on.

Great post.
Early evaluation on 13:24 - Aug 18 with 1212 viewsFireboy2

Early evaluation on 11:02 - Aug 18 by E20Jack

We have had 7 years in the PL and now sit 2nd in the Championship.

I think the majority of the football league would love to be screwed over if that’s what constitutes it.

Our position atm is false

We wont find our true standing for another 3 months

Just need a few loan signings in and the players that arent getting games or have earmarked to be loan out gone then potter can work his magic

Just hope the bellends who run us back him

And fwiw and i think i speak for most swans fans,im totally grateful for the last 7 years,whilst the last 3 have been a nightmare its been a privilege to part of the besr league in the world

Now we have to knuckle down and enjoy the ride
Early evaluation on 13:35 - Aug 18 with 1193 viewsoldcob

Major point for me is even when we are not playing well heads don't drop. They don't give up, which is more than you can say about some of last seasons divas.
Early evaluation on 13:49 - Aug 18 with 1183 viewsCroftyjack

Early evaluation on 10:15 - Aug 18 by 34dfgdf54

Agreed.

Top half would be a quality season. I don’t get the negativity over the point either, but the performance highlighted we need three players minimum, and sharpish.

It's not about the point though is it..it's about the performance and the massive holes within the squad.
And with more going who the hell will be on our bench in a few weeks?? ...2 will come in maximum and will be nowhere near enough.
Some here really believe the board will bring in quality... If they earn over 15k a week they not coming.
Login to get fewer ads

Early evaluation on 13:56 - Aug 18 with 1175 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Early evaluation on 09:49 - Aug 18 by builthjack

The goalkeeper(s), and the present back 4, we can get away with. But we need a central defender in to cover. Naughton can cover at rb and left back if need be.
Midfield very poor last night, and for an hour against Preston, and for periods against Sheffield Utd.
Celina great at times, but his passing is woeful. Weak around the middle of the park. We need at least 2, probably 3 to come in.
Up front we have McBurnie. Never won a header all night last night. His positioning isn't anywhere near right. Ball control poor. A problem. A fit Bony would easily be first choice.
But we need another.
So if we are to be anywhere near the top 8, we need 4 or 5 in.
My fear is if we lose a couple, heads will go down, and we will stumble.
7 points out of 9 is fantastic. But each game could easily have gone the other way.

I do think Potter can do the job, but it will take time, and some money.

"Up front we have McBurnie. Never won a header all night last night"
It is odd how we all see the game differently, according to the stats at WhoScored Ollie was the joint 3rd most successful header of the night with
1st & way out in front was Lukas Jutkiewicz on 14
2nd VDH on 6
3rd Ollie, Rodon, Gardner & Dean all on 5
Early evaluation on 14:07 - Aug 18 with 1165 viewsBadlands

Early evaluation on 13:56 - Aug 18 by A_Fans_Dad

It is odd how we all see the game differently, according to the stats at WhoScored Ollie was the joint 3rd most successful header of the night with
2nd VDH on 6

In fairness, every time he jumped the Drum defenders were crumpling under him and being given free kicks.
Did he win headers or did he head the ball 5 times?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Early evaluation on 17:46 - Aug 18 with 1091 viewsbuilthjack

Early evaluation on 13:56 - Aug 18 by A_Fans_Dad

2nd VDH on 6

But each time it hit his head he gave a free kick away. So they don't count.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Early evaluation on 17:56 - Aug 18 with 1086 viewsDJack

Early evaluation on 09:15 - Aug 18 by AngelRangelQS

Far better start than I imagined. Players looking raw but they’re a new team full of youngsters.

My concern is that our fans don’t understand the long term project and end up destroying confidence at games. Anyone who thought/thinks we are getting promoted this year is living in dreamland. I fully expect us to drop away as the season progresses but that’s fine... this team needs experience and game time (as well as a couple of reinforcements, obviously)

"My concern is that our fans don’t understand the long term project "

Spot on. We need to take time to build the team and it's new style. Even with credible loan players we are going to struggle with the amount of games in the Championship. This year is one to steady the ship.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Early evaluation on 18:07 - Aug 18 with 1068 viewsCatullus

That all depends on whether you think the long term project is to build the team back up and go for promotion or.....and many believe this, to get as much money back as possible and disappear into the ether as soon as they can find a buyer.
Me, I don't think the latter idea is a winner. They aren't going to invest serious money in the team, it'll always be a cheap job and if they keep on cutting the squad we'll be relegated soon enough and they'll never make a profit. As for the former, the evidence hardly backs it up so far.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Early evaluation on 18:16 - Aug 18 with 1064 viewsDJack

Early evaluation on 18:07 - Aug 18 by Catullus

That all depends on whether you think the long term project is to build the team back up and go for promotion or.....and many believe this, to get as much money back as possible and disappear into the ether as soon as they can find a buyer.
Me, I don't think the latter idea is a winner. They aren't going to invest serious money in the team, it'll always be a cheap job and if they keep on cutting the squad we'll be relegated soon enough and they'll never make a profit. As for the former, the evidence hardly backs it up so far.

The Yanks will most definitely sell us when they feel that they will get a decent return on their "investment".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Early evaluation on 18:28 - Aug 18 with 1048 viewsFlashberryjack

Early evaluation on 18:16 - Aug 18 by DJack

The Yanks will most definitely sell us when they feel that they will get a decent return on their "investment".

Just who do you think would want to buy us ?

The yanks have ways of getting a return on their investment, and selling a 2 bit championship team for a peanuts isn't one of them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Early evaluation on 18:38 - Aug 18 with 1037 viewsOldjack

Early evaluation on 09:09 - Aug 18 by SgorioFruit

From what i have seen so far, Leeds are going to shred us to pieces infront of our own crowd in a few days time.

they've changed into a team of in your faces and not giving an inch ,bit like Brum did to us yesterday ,but they have good finishers aswell , i don't think we'll cope with them at all

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Early evaluation on 18:41 - Aug 18 with 1033 viewsDJack

Early evaluation on 18:28 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

Just who do you think would want to buy us ?

The yanks have ways of getting a return on their investment, and selling a 2 bit championship team for a peanuts isn't one of them.

Where did I say that they will sell us this year? They are slashing costs so that they don't have to put any more money in and also to get the club under financial control so that the a rebuild can happen. As I mentioned earlier when talking about the football this year is going to be one to steady the ship.

Early evaluation on 18:42 - Aug 18 with 1031 viewsraynor94

Early evaluation on 18:38 - Aug 18 by Oldjack

they've changed into a team of in your faces and not giving an inch ,bit like Brum did to us yesterday ,but they have good finishers aswell , i don't think we'll cope with them at all

With the greatest respect, why do you bother, sounds like you have given up already?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Early evaluation on 18:48 - Aug 18 with 1022 viewsFlashberryjack

Early evaluation on 18:41 - Aug 18 by DJack

Where did I say that they will sell us this year? They are slashing costs so that they don't have to put any more money in and also to get the club under financial control so that the a rebuild can happen. As I mentioned earlier when talking about the football this year is going to be one to steady the ship.

What shape do you think they need to get us in before they can sell us to recoup their investment?

Hello

Early evaluation on 18:57 - Aug 18 with 1009 viewsNeath_Jack

Early evaluation on 18:48 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

What shape do you think they need to get us in before they can sell us to recoup their investment?

Premier League shape i expect.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Early evaluation on 18:58 - Aug 18 with 1009 viewsOldjack

Early evaluation on 18:42 - Aug 18 by raynor94

With the greatest respect, why do you bother, sounds like you have given up already?

not given up ,Apart from our first game where we did look very good ,we now seem to be all over the shop most of the time ,and where's Jeff

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Early evaluation on 19:01 - Aug 18 with 1004 viewsDJack

Early evaluation on 18:57 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

...Is the correct answer.

Early evaluation on 19:03 - Aug 18 with 997 viewsFlashberryjack

Early evaluation on 18:57 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

Long term investment then.

Hello

Early evaluation on 19:07 - Aug 18 with 991 viewsNeath_Jack

Early evaluation on 19:03 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

Long term investment then.

Depends what you're deeming long term / short term, in the football business world.

If we are not back up there by the time the parachute payments run out, then it will get interesting i expect.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Early evaluation on 19:18 - Aug 18 with 982 viewsjack247

Early evaluation on 19:07 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

Depends what you're deeming long term / short term, in the football business world.

If we are not back up there by the time the parachute payments run out, then it will get interesting i expect.

Catch 22 isn’t it? They have butchered last seasons squad (correctly) and hardly replaced any of them. There’s a fine line between balancing the books and having a skeleton squad. 7 points from 9, but we aren’t going back up unless they seriously bolster this squad, which they won’t.

You’re right, it’s going to get uncomfortable if and when the parachute payments run out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024