Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Post 12:14 - Aug 18 with 2185 viewsowainglyndwr

Bought one today to read the Swans review, but now it's become a Wales online paper 2nd page from the back there is a now tv Cardiff advert
Evening Post on 21:00 - Aug 20 with 1826 viewsGlyn1

To be honest, I doubt if there will be any local newspapers in 5 years time. Not here and not in Cardiff either. And that's very bad. It means that there won't be any experienced journalists monitoring council meetings or court cases. We'll be stuck with online websites passing on public relations handouts, which is already happening.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Evening Post on 21:07 - Aug 20 with 1780 viewsscanca

I bought it last week to read the account of the match. While it had the score under that there was no account of the game but instead a series of 'talking points'. Complete waste of time (and money). That's the last time I buy the Evening Post for a report on a Swans game.
Evening Post on 21:25 - Aug 20 with 1715 viewslonglostjack

Evening Post on 21:00 - Aug 20 by Glyn1

To be honest, I doubt if there will be any local newspapers in 5 years time. Not here and not in Cardiff either. And that's very bad. It means that there won't be any experienced journalists monitoring council meetings or court cases. We'll be stuck with online websites passing on public relations handouts, which is already happening.

Local newspapers in Sweden are subsidised to encourage diversity and hold local councils to account. Not a bad idea.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Evening Post on 21:53 - Aug 20 with 1648 viewsCatullus

It's not just about PR handouts, it's censorship. Look at Wales online and see how many stories don't allow comments, specially the political stories. The WOL don't like to let us criticise the WAG!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Evening Post on 22:01 - Aug 20 with 1605 viewsTenbySwan

There are now a lot of sources of information , including this website. There is very little future for print newspapers. Most young people don't even think of buying a paper.
Sadly they probably have one or two journalists (copy writers) trying to do everything.
I can remember having to buy the sporting post on a Saturday night to get the results! Because if you missed the teleprinter or final score as it is now called that would be it until the Sunday morning papers!
Evening Post on 08:11 - Aug 21 with 1338 viewsPhil_S

Evening Post on 22:01 - Aug 20 by TenbySwan

There are now a lot of sources of information , including this website. There is very little future for print newspapers. Most young people don't even think of buying a paper.
Sadly they probably have one or two journalists (copy writers) trying to do everything.
I can remember having to buy the sporting post on a Saturday night to get the results! Because if you missed the teleprinter or final score as it is now called that would be it until the Sunday morning papers!

This is so true. Even when you go back to the early days of this website (2000/2001) there was a need then for match reports/news/photos etc but that has long since been taken away as well.

I am still genuinely amazed why anyone would buy the EP although I assume that is why Wales Online go down the 300 adverts per page route in the hope that some people still buy the paper version
Evening Post on 10:08 - Aug 21 with 1182 viewsscanca

Evening Post on 08:11 - Aug 21 by Phil_S

This is so true. Even when you go back to the early days of this website (2000/2001) there was a need then for match reports/news/photos etc but that has long since been taken away as well.

I am still genuinely amazed why anyone would buy the EP although I assume that is why Wales Online go down the 300 adverts per page route in the hope that some people still buy the paper version

Well I bought it cos I was naively hoping for some informed insight.

(Silly me...)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024