Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread 16:38 - Aug 18 with 40967 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 1:33]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:04 - Aug 21 with 2391 viewsChief

Question mainly for the ones who watched on TV, what did Bamfords penalty call look like? Good challenge from my view in the East. Talking to a Leeds fan, sat behind the goal who thought it was nailed on

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:08 - Aug 21 with 2365 viewsbonymine

A thoroughly refreshing team performance with the players playing with total confidence and self belief, the like of which I haven’t seen for a long time. Potter must surely take a huge amount of credit for this transformation as the two previous Managers were so defensively orientated and negative that it stifled the players’ natural ability and prevented them expressing themselves.

To see Joe Rodon dribbling the ball out of defence into midfield with total confidence and with NO FEAR then the same happened with VdH it was a sight to behold ...Yes ok we are going to make mistakes and give the ball away for sure but to see the likes of Olsson charging down the line and BEATING two defenders to get the cross in for Ollie’s goal I had to pinch myself not seen that for some time if at all ?? !!!

PROUD OF YOU LADS ....You ARE FIT to wear the shirt.... YJB

STID.......Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:08 - Aug 21 with 2362 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:04 - Aug 21 by Chief

Question mainly for the ones who watched on TV, what did Bamfords penalty call look like? Good challenge from my view in the East. Talking to a Leeds fan, sat behind the goal who thought it was nailed on

Nonsense.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:08 - Aug 21 with 2361 viewsPorthcawlswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:04 - Aug 21 by Chief

To be honest, never a penalty, both got equal contact on the ball
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:09 - Aug 21 with 2356 viewsploppy

Nothing in it. Defo not a pen. Bamford just went to ground.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:12 - Aug 21 with 2343 viewsRancid

From what I can remember I thought ah shit at first but they didn't make a big deal of it in commentary.At Elland Rd it'd be given though
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:14 - Aug 21 with 2313 viewsChief

What about Mcburnies shout early doors then? Anywhere else on pitch and that's a free kick. Pen I thought.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:15 - Aug 21 with 2308 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:14 - Aug 21 by Chief

What about Mcburnies shout early doors then? Anywhere else on pitch and that's a free kick. Pen I thought.

Nah.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:40 - Aug 21 with 2192 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 21:57 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Well I was chatting to one of our coaches today who said that they are trying their best to get the bosses to get players in.

He wanted to say more but stopped but his face and bidy language told me so much.

Well what a surprise

If they dont strengthen up front and CH we could be a bit fvcked

I will say it again I feel for potter and his team
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:47 - Aug 21 with 2167 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 21:53 - Aug 21 by longlostjack

This. Potter clearly knows what he’s doing. Does Kaplan ?

I'm scratching my head trying to work out a reason why the yanks wouldn't want us to go up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:53 - Aug 21 with 2144 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 07:04 - Aug 19 by sainthelens

I've massive respect and pride for our pups that are giving everything they have....a lesson the older pros should heed. Cos of the way the powers that be have treated the fans I was gonna boycott going this year for first time in 40 yrs. However cos of the pride and hope that the kids have put in me and my lad will be shouting loud there and am going for a 2-2.

Wish my soccer 6 was that good.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 00:25 - Aug 22 with 2086 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 21:05 - Aug 21 by Morganator100

Celina has become my favourite player for The Swans. He seems to ooze class when on the ball.

This. Quality.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 02:29 - Aug 22 with 1974 viewsAnotherJohn

If there was ever a case of 'don't spoil the ship for a ha-porth of tar' it is us in our current situation. Genuine entrepreneurs would see that a little investment would likely bring a massive return.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 07:23 - Aug 22 with 1851 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 02:29 - Aug 22 by AnotherJohn

If there was ever a case of 'don't spoil the ship for a ha-porth of tar' it is us in our current situation. Genuine entrepreneurs would see that a little investment would likely bring a massive return.

Spot on

If we can get a decent ch,cm and a striker we could keep up this good start

But we know they wont bother
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 07:56 - Aug 22 with 1818 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 23:47 - Aug 21 by Loyal

I'm scratching my head trying to work out a reason why the yanks wouldn't want us to go up.

They want us to go up, just not willing to put any cash in or take any cash out to fund a push.

Hoping for miracle work off Potter.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 8:12]
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 14:53 - Aug 22 with 1690 views1964white

Thought your boys were excellent last night. I really can't understand much of the negativity on here in the pre-match build-up, yes you were poor at Birmingham but you still came away with a point & now unbeaten after four games

Swansea played the same pressing game as Leeds do & it worked a treat for the Swans as you stopped us playing from the back. Although Swansea dominated the first half, I thought both teams cancelled each other out to a certain degree. I can't understand why Leroy Fer was subbed unless he was carrying a injury, I wasn't impressed with McBurnnie when he played for Barnsley at ER last season, I changed my mind last night as he was a real handful & could easily have scored a hattrick.
It was a real test for us as we haven't been behind this season, we showed great character coming back twice especially as we had lost Cooper our captain injured in the warm-up & with Jansson injured in training on Friday we had no recognised centre-back which left us vulnerable having to deal with your big lad McBurnnie. Ayling is no CB so we lost his energy & link-up play with Pablo down the right flight & in & around your box even though young kid Shackleton (normally a winger) played well in the RB position. Klich our classy midfielder had to drop back into the back three so our whole rhythm was disrupted against a very good Swansea side. I did wonder at half-time whether your pressing game would tire the Swans, Bielsa has our players as fit as a butchers dog & I think that showed in the last thirty minutes as we finished much stronger.

As for the referee I thought he was poor for both sides giving far too many petty free-kicks. He gave Saiz a yellow-card for mouthing off & rightly so but McBurnnie escaped a card after laying into the linesman then gobbing off to the ref twice, so many officials are inconsistent with their decisions

Finally as so many opposition fans always call wrong we haven't got just one song

At least 'Marching On Together' is our very own anthem not a pop song from the 60's/70's, probably the only club to have an original anthem.

We also sang :

We All Love Leeds
Glory Glory Leeds United
All Leeds Are We
We Are Leeds
Oh Leeds United....
Waccoe
Saiz song
Douglas song
Pablo song
Ayling song
Bielsa Song
Sky is fookin sh*t
Unfortunately, we retaliated to the nauseating Jimmy Savile chant aimed at us

I thought your support was very good which made for a great atmosphere

Pretty certain going from what I saw last night that the Swans will be in the top six come the end of the season. Good luck
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 14:58]
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:01 - Aug 22 with 1673 viewsBrynCartwright

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 14:53 - Aug 22 by 1964white

Thought your boys were excellent last night. I really can't understand much of the negativity on here in the pre-match build-up, yes you were poor at Birmingham but you still came away with a point & now unbeaten after four games

Swansea played the same pressing game as Leeds do & it worked a treat for the Swans as you stopped us playing from the back. Although Swansea dominated the first half, I thought both teams cancelled each other out to a certain degree. I can't understand why Leroy Fer was subbed unless he was carrying a injury, I wasn't impressed with McBurnnie when he played for Barnsley at ER last season, I changed my mind last night as he was a real handful & could easily have scored a hattrick.
It was a real test for us as we haven't been behind this season, we showed great character coming back twice especially as we had lost Cooper our captain injured in the warm-up & with Jansson injured in training on Friday we had no recognised centre-back which left us vulnerable having to deal with your big lad McBurnnie. Ayling is no CB so we lost his energy & link-up play with Pablo down the right flight & in & around your box even though young kid Shackleton (normally a winger) played well in the RB position. Klich our classy midfielder had to drop back into the back three so our whole rhythm was disrupted against a very good Swansea side. I did wonder at half-time whether your pressing game would tire the Swans, Bielsa has our players as fit as a butchers dog & I think that showed in the last thirty minutes as we finished much stronger.

As for the referee I thought he was poor for both sides giving far too many petty free-kicks. He gave Saiz a yellow-card for mouthing off & rightly so but McBurnnie escaped a card after laying into the linesman then gobbing off to the ref twice, so many officials are inconsistent with their decisions

Finally as so many opposition fans always call wrong we haven't got just one song

At least 'Marching On Together' is our very own anthem not a pop song from the 60's/70's, probably the only club to have an original anthem.

We also sang :

We All Love Leeds
Glory Glory Leeds United
All Leeds Are We
We Are Leeds
Oh Leeds United....
Waccoe
Saiz song
Douglas song
Pablo song
Ayling song
Bielsa Song
Sky is fookin sh*t

Pretty certain going from what I saw last night that the Swans will be in the top six come the end of the season. Good luck

Good assessment. Thanks pal. The atmosphere was good and the game was open and entertaining. Surprised I couldn't see any of your lot with their tops off. Think Leeds will be top 6 as well. Showed a lot of grit to come back twice.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:02 - Aug 22 with 1667 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 14:53 - Aug 22 by 1964white

We also sang :

We All Love Leeds
Glory Glory Leeds United
All Leeds Are We
We Are Leeds
Oh Leeds United....
Waccoe
Saiz song
Douglas song
Pablo song
Ayling song
Bielsa Song
Sky is fookin sh*t

Fer is returning from a serious injury a month ahead of schedule, and only has 70 minutes in the tank when he's fully fit. Did well.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:22 - Aug 22 with 1653 viewsBadlands

Free kick for Leeds first was a rolling ball right under the ref's nose.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:38 - Aug 22 with 1641 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:01 - Aug 22 by BrynCartwright

Good assessment. Thanks pal. The atmosphere was good and the game was open and entertaining. Surprised I couldn't see any of your lot with their tops off. Think Leeds will be top 6 as well. Showed a lot of grit to come back twice.

Thanks, I think both Leeds & Swansea will be challenging, you look like you have a decent young manager down there at the Liberty Stadium, I know our man is top class!

Some of our fans take the shirts off during the winter, I'm far too old for that malarky.
Loved watching football in shorts & a t-shirt on a nice warm evening in Wales

Good luck for the rest of the season
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:41 - Aug 22 with 1636 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:22 - Aug 22 by Badlands

Free kick for Leeds first was a rolling ball right under the ref's nose.

Just watched the highlights

Yes the ball was rolling with the ref a yard away

I said in my post I thought he was poor
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:44 - Aug 22 with 1630 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:02 - Aug 22 by jasper_T

Fer is returning from a serious injury a month ahead of schedule, and only has 70 minutes in the tank when he's fully fit. Did well.

Fer was excellent, the first time our midfield has been dominated this season
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:50 - Aug 22 with 1611 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:41 - Aug 22 by 1964white

Just watched the highlights

Yes the ball was rolling with the ref a yard away

I said in my post I thought he was poor

Yes the ball was rolling. Unfortunately, there's lots of little calls that aren't correct and which lead to goals - corners/free kicks/throw-ins that shouldn't have been and we can moan about them as much as we like. What did for us last night was really poor defending for Leeds' second goal. VdH (who was otherwise excellent again) tried to nick a ball off Bamford that he had no need to do - just stand up and force him to play it backwards. Then Rodon mis-kicked the cross that Bamford put in. Then Olsson failed to block Hernandez's shot. If we do any of those 3 things correctly Leeds don't score.
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 16:08 - Aug 22 with 1592 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 15:50 - Aug 22 by ploppy

Yes the ball was rolling. Unfortunately, there's lots of little calls that aren't correct and which lead to goals - corners/free kicks/throw-ins that shouldn't have been and we can moan about them as much as we like. What did for us last night was really poor defending for Leeds' second goal. VdH (who was otherwise excellent again) tried to nick a ball off Bamford that he had no need to do - just stand up and force him to play it backwards. Then Rodon mis-kicked the cross that Bamford put in. Then Olsson failed to block Hernandez's shot. If we do any of those 3 things correctly Leeds don't score.

I also thought our young keeper should have saved McBurnnie's first goal, he got his hand to what was a scuff shot. McBurnnie's header was a beauty though !
The Official Swansea City Vs Leeds United Match Thread on 17:18 - Aug 22 with 1554 views1964white

I had clear view from the Leeds end, definitely NOT a penalty
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024