Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what would you do? 19:27 - Aug 18 with 4140 viewsLoyal

Your a professional footballer, in the bank you are worth around 50 million, you earn 110k a week, the club that got you those millions and all the recognition are in the shit having been relegated, some of it your fault.
The coffers are pretty low, you are asked to take a pay cut down to 45k for one season and get the club back on line.

What do you do?

Edit...
In fact all the high earners are asked the same question, take a 50% cut and put right the wrongs.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:30]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

So what would you do? on 19:38 - Aug 18 with 2497 viewsAndy1300

If I had morals I would accept that request.

If I'm a footballer, I'd move on

Number 1 team in Wales

So what would you do? on 19:40 - Aug 18 with 2470 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If you were asked to take a 50% pay cut and another company was recruiting at your existing salary or higher what would you do?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:41]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

So what would you do? on 19:43 - Aug 18 with 2438 viewsangryjack

I'd demand my money if the club were stupid enough to give the contract in the first place it's their fault..these mercanaries don't care about the club so pay up or don't give the contract
So what would you do? on 19:47 - Aug 18 with 2418 viewsJackfath

I'd leave to test my ability at the highest level. The fact that this also means me being able to secure the financial security of my family for generations would also be a major factor. I'd be aware that in my chosen profession I'd be a very long time retired and not able to earn the huge amounts of my playing days.

[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:48]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

So what would you do? on 19:50 - Aug 18 with 2402 viewsNeath_Jack

First thing i wouldn't do is shed crocodile tears after the last game of the season.

Knowing that I'd already secured the future of my family for generations to come, I'd like to think that i would give it at least one season to try and get the team back up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

So what would you do? on 20:13 - Aug 18 with 2334 viewsLoyal

I have been very reliably informed that bar two players this is / was a question asked of all the obvious players and 3 yet to go. My view out of all of them is that Bony fits this posts criteria.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

So what would you do? on 20:15 - Aug 18 with 2313 viewslifelong

I’d buy a new boat and sail it around the World.
So what would you do? on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 2281 viewsbuilthjack

So what would you do? on 19:50 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

First thing i wouldn't do is shed crocodile tears after the last game of the season.

Knowing that I'd already secured the future of my family for generations to come, I'd like to think that i would give it at least one season to try and get the team back up.

You are right. But they had to go as nobody at the club would put any of their own money in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

So what would you do? on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 2280 viewsCooperman

So what would you do? on 19:47 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

I'd leave to test my ability at the highest level. The fact that this also means me being able to secure the financial security of my family for generations would also be a major factor. I'd be aware that in my chosen profession I'd be a very long time retired and not able to earn the huge amounts of my playing days.

[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:48]

But you already sit on a fortune of £50m.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

So what would you do? on 20:24 - Aug 18 with 2267 viewsJackfath

So what would you do? on 20:22 - Aug 18 by Cooperman

But you already sit on a fortune of £50m.

I'd like £60m.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

So what would you do? on 20:24 - Aug 18 with 2269 viewsCooperman

I would accept the request.

The kudos would be massive.

So what would you do? on 20:25 - Aug 18 with 2259 viewsCooperman

So what would you do? on 20:24 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

I'd like £60m.

You’d have to move to China.

So what would you do? on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 2236 viewsJackfath

So what would you do? on 20:25 - Aug 18 by Cooperman

You’d have to move to China.

Ok. Where do I sign?

So what would you do? on 20:33 - Aug 18 with 2210 viewsbuilthjack

So what would you do? on 20:28 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

Ok. Where do I sign?

Beijing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So what would you do? on 20:35 - Aug 18 with 2201 viewsjasper_T

So what would you do? on 20:13 - Aug 18 by Loyal

I have been very reliably informed that bar two players this is / was a question asked of all the obvious players and 3 yet to go. My view out of all of them is that Bony fits this posts criteria.

Who took a pay cut?
So what would you do? on 20:36 - Aug 18 with 2179 viewsbyron

I don’t get it when they have so much cash, the old short career thing don’t wash these days as they earn so much. What diff would it make to him?

Benny

So what would you do? on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 2177 viewsDarran

Who’s worth around 50 million?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So what would you do? on 20:40 - Aug 18 with 2156 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

So what would you do? on 20:36 - Aug 18 by byron

I don’t get it when they have so much cash, the old short career thing don’t wash these days as they earn so much. What diff would it make to him?

When you have a Ferrari and three houses it's not enough when the people you mix with have two Ferraris and six houses.
The principle of more, better and different that drives human behaviour and my son to keep buying the latest iPhone.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 20:41]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

So what would you do? on 20:40 - Aug 18 with 2154 viewsjasper_T

So what would you do? on 20:36 - Aug 18 by byron

It's not like they have a real understanding of the value of their money. None of them have had to feed a family on £20k a year.

£10k a week must sound like an insult to most of them. Haven't earned that since they were 18, mun. Still in digs, only owned one car... Practically on the poverty line.
So what would you do? on 20:43 - Aug 18 with 2127 viewsomarjack

I'd like to think that when a player agrees a contract, it means they should honour it, alongside relegation clauses and the whole thing.

But if a relegation clause wasn't in the player's original contract, then It wouldn't be unprofessional if they wanted to bail if the club can't meet the original contract's conditions financially.

If Bony's contract remains 100k/wk after relegation and the club can't afford the wages, then a move away would be the best thing for everyone.

But if the player had a relegation clause in their contract, yet they want to bail even though the club still wants them, that would be very unprofessional obviously.

What would I do? Depends, Do we really have a shot at promotion? Can the manager convince me that it'd be best for me to stay? Can I be promised that they'd let me go if I wanted if we fail to get promoted? Too many factors can affect my choice as a player.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

So what would you do? on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 2126 viewsbuilthjack

So what would you do? on 20:37 - Aug 18 by Darran

Who’s worth around 50 million?

Neymar, Messi, Bale, Wazza, Ibrahimovic etc..
None of our players.

So what would you do? on 20:48 - Aug 18 with 2095 viewsJack_Meoff

So what would you do? on 20:13 - Aug 18 by Loyal

His level of fitness is going to absolutely be a factor also though? It's not like he's ready to immediately slot into another team's forward line.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

So what would you do? on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 2083 viewsmonmouth

So what would you do? on 19:50 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

It's that badge kissing, crying shit that gets my goat and sticks a scotch bonnet up its arse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So what would you do? on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 2078 viewsSirjohnalot

Depends on a number of factors.

Your nationality and age as maybe different If Welsh or English.

If you are English, and an international, you will cause a great deal of harm to your international prospects of playing in the Championship. If you’re Welsh, it’s less likely to affect it. You’d, at least, have a word with the international manager before you made the decision. It’d also depend upon if you were a senior international and a regular in the side and how important you are to it. Leads me on to age..

If you are nearing the end of your career, and no longer an international, you may well stay, or may fancy one last hurrah before accepting lower league football.

Also depends on what type of club in the Premiership comes calling. Lower league, fighting relegation or playing in Europe ? That’s a huge draw and understandable as to why you’d be attracted.

Is it your home club ? Makes a huge difference. There’s a natural draw there, but, at the same time, if you lost form, you’d be dropped or sold if a good offer came in. They’d have no issues, as ‘it’s business’

As for wages ? That may be lower down on the list. A couple of years in the top divisions and you’re set up, especially with financial advisors most clubs have.

Difficult question. What would I do ?

Like to say I’d stay and be the local hero, but a couple of bad games, as you see on here, fans turn on you and you’ve given things up for nothing.

Another question is what if a foreign club came in ? Chance of playing in Spain, Germany, Italy ? That’d be hard to resist
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:36]
So what would you do? on 20:59 - Aug 18 with 2057 viewsBadlands

So what would you do? on 20:22 - Aug 18 by builthjack

You are right. But they had to go as nobody at the club would put any of their own money in.

Why would they?
The only group I know who routinely put their own money into their jobs are teachers.
(I was astounded how much friends and family who teach sub their schools.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024