Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All about trolls 19:42 - Aug 18 with 3012 viewsJackfath

An interesting article outlining the traits of some of our more persistent posters.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/18/how-to-handle-a-troll-and-neu

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

All about trolls on 19:54 - Aug 18 with 2142 viewsjack2jack

Fvcking sad if you ask me.
All about trolls on 20:57 - Aug 18 with 2087 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I find the use of surrealism can help; like buring a giraffe in my garden shed.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

All about trolls on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 2064 viewstheloneranger

This seems to work best from the article...

"What to say: Nothing. “The average troll seems to find silence absolutely infuriating,” says Hardaker. It may seem like losing but actually, by saying nothing, you’re winning."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

All about trolls on 21:18 - Aug 18 with 2037 viewsDarran

All about trolls on 21:08 - Aug 18 by theloneranger

This seems to work best from the article...

"What to say: Nothing. “The average troll seems to find silence absolutely infuriating,” says Hardaker. It may seem like losing but actually, by saying nothing, you’re winning."

In other words don’t reply to E20.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All about trolls on 22:24 - Aug 18 with 1996 viewsE20Jack

“Her decision to fight fire with ironic fire backfired as trolls piled in, taking her joking responses to insults out of context in an attempt to get her into trouble with her new employers. She’s not unique.”

This has planetswans all over it. The trolls of this forum even tried this technique with WarwickHunt the other day. It was pathetic to read.

This forum is unique in the sense that the ones ruining it by trolling have convinced themselves that they are not.

It’s intriguing.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

All about trolls on 22:42 - Aug 18 with 1974 viewsJack_Meoff

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

All about trolls on 22:47 - Aug 18 with 1964 viewsmagicdaps10

All about trolls on 22:24 - Aug 18 by E20Jack

“Her decision to fight fire with ironic fire backfired as trolls piled in, taking her joking responses to insults out of context in an attempt to get her into trouble with her new employers. She’s not unique.”

This has planetswans all over it. The trolls of this forum even tried this technique with WarwickHunt the other day. It was pathetic to read.

This forum is unique in the sense that the ones ruining it by trolling have convinced themselves that they are not.

It’s intriguing.

Do you Troll on here?
Yes/no answer please.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

All about trolls on 22:49 - Aug 18 with 1958 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

All about trolls on 22:24 - Aug 18 by E20Jack

It’s intriguing.

I have a black pudding and a ford fiesta and I am using them to make a soufflé.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

All about trolls on 22:52 - Aug 18 with 1954 viewsE20Jack

All about trolls on 22:47 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

Do you Troll on here?
Yes/no answer please.

Like create multiple usernames in order to abuse posters like a mod exposed you for doing you mean? No.

I debate sensible football posts Daps. The opposite of trolling, ridiculous you would actually even attempt to ask that.

All about trolls on 22:54 - Aug 18 with 1949 viewsomarjack

Being a troll is really subjective. One man's troll is another man's comedian.

Objectively, The entire forum is swarming with trolls of all kinds and shapes, let's not single out anyone.

Before discussing how to handle trolls, take a good look at yourselves, Are you a troll? What is a troll anyway? If someone doesn't agree with you, do they automatically become trolls? Is being a troll even such a bad thing in the first place?

I say, if you're easily offended by "trolls" or whatever, just block them or quit social media all together. If you're not that bothered then troll them back.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

All about trolls on 22:58 - Aug 18 with 1937 viewsE20Jack

All about trolls on 22:54 - Aug 18 by omarjack

Objectively, The entire forum is swarming with trolls of all kinds and shapes, let's not single out anyone.

Before discussing how to handle trolls, take a good look at yourselves, Are you a troll? What is a troll anyway? If someone doesn't agree with you, do they automatically become trolls? Is being a troll even such a bad thing in the first place?

I say, if you're easily offended by "trolls" or whatever, just block them or quit social media all together. If you're not that bothered then troll them back.

Some good points there Omar.

However trolling trolls back ruins the forum. There are countless football threads where there is sensible discussion only for the trolls to come on and start their usual nonsense. By replying to them on the same manner it ends up with 7 pages of utter dross - and of course the predictable scenario of them then trying to paint you as the troll before they scuttle off only to do it again the very next day.

But it is my firm belief that posting in the manner someone is posting to you is absolutely the way to go. That means your posts are always a retaliation and you can simply beat them with intellect and stamina. Something these trolls lack.

All about trolls on 22:59 - Aug 18 with 1932 viewsexiledclaseboy

The odd thing about trolls is that they mostly don’t realise that they’re trolls. It’s a conundrum.

Poll: Tory leader

All about trolls on 23:06 - Aug 18 with 1913 viewsdickythorpe

They used to live under bridges when I was a kid in the very early 80's.
Simpler times
All about trolls on 23:08 - Aug 18 with 1909 viewslonglostjack

All about trolls on 22:59 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

The odd thing about trolls is that they mostly don’t realise that they’re trolls. It’s a conundrum.

Just thought- what’s happened to Peenemunde?

Edit. Just seen the cycling thread.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 23:10]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

All about trolls on 01:09 - Aug 19 with 1833 viewsLoyal

Bit like Swansea City last season.
Replace troll with cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

All about trolls on 03:03 - Aug 19 with 1799 viewsMo_Wives

All about trolls on 22:54 - Aug 18 by omarjack

Great post, young man. Have an upvote.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

All about trolls on 03:24 - Aug 19 with 1792 viewsDJack

All about trolls on 23:06 - Aug 18 by dickythorpe

They used to live under bridges when I was a kid in the very early 80's.
Simpler times

You're Billy goat gruff and I claim my £5.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

All about trolls on 07:05 - Aug 19 with 1747 viewspeenemunde

So you could be one then
All about trolls on 07:22 - Aug 19 with 1738 viewsjack247

Oh they know full well they are trolls. They just tend to be quite devious characters and can be very deflectionary about it.
All about trolls on 07:39 - Aug 19 with 1727 viewsPhil_S

I'm not a trollist , some of my best friends are trolls
All about trolls on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 1605 viewsexiledclaseboy

All about trolls on 07:05 - Aug 19 by peenemunde

So you could be one then

I could yes. Scary.

All about trolls on 11:00 - Aug 19 with 1598 viewsexiledclaseboy

All about trolls on 07:22 - Aug 19 by jack247

Oh they know full well they are trolls. They just tend to be quite devious characters and can be very deflectionary about it.

I dint think they do in some cases. There are some on here who are clearly trolling most of the time but they wouldn’t recognise that in a million years. The self awareness is not strong.

All about trolls on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 1590 viewsCatullus

All about trolls on 11:00 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

I dint think they do in some cases. There are some on here who are clearly trolling most of the time but they wouldn’t recognise that in a million years. The self awareness is not strong.

Possibly some who inadvertently slip into trolling when defending/debating a point?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

All about trolls on 11:09 - Aug 19 with 1588 viewsexiledclaseboy

All about trolls on 11:08 - Aug 19 by Catullus

Possibly some who inadvertently slip into trolling when defending/debating a point?

Whether it’s inadvertent or not is up for debate.

All about trolls on 11:11 - Aug 19 with 1584 viewsDarran

All about trolls on 11:08 - Aug 19 by Catullus

Remember when The Res ordered you to go to the Liberty to troll a Fans Forum? lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024