Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 14:56 - Aug 19 with 19972 viewsCjay

Hello Swansea fans

Last season i decided it would be interesting to visit some of our rival teams forums for a chat

Then i post it on our forum, and anyone who fancies a read can.

Just your view on a few things regarding your club.

New signings, new manager, how you have started the season, how you think the season will go for you and finally how you see the match on Tuesday going.?

Any responses greatly appreciated

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686
It will go here for anyone who is interested
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:01]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:03 - Aug 19 with 9929 viewsNeath_Jack

This will be interesting.

I'll give you a quick breakdown though:

Our owners are greedy bastards who are ruining our club.

You ferret / pigeon fiddling, flat cap wearing c*nt.

Your club isn't famous / big anymore.

We only needed 10 men.

Your manager is nuts and you'll run out of steam.

I anticipate you will get variants of all those posted above.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:05 - Aug 19 with 9926 viewsEasternJack

We need a volunteer to do this for us with the clubs we play. It may dampen the infighting

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:07 - Aug 19 with 9906 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:03 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

This will be interesting.

I'll give you a quick breakdown though:

Our owners are greedy bastards who are ruining our club.

You ferret / pigeon fiddling, flat cap wearing c*nt.

Your club isn't famous / big anymore.

We only needed 10 men.

Your manager is nuts and you'll run out of steam.

I anticipate you will get variants of all those posted above.

Be fun then

Im not from Leeds though, so any Yorkshire banter will pass over my head, i dont own a flat cap or a ferret
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:07 - Aug 19 with 9901 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:05 - Aug 19 by EasternJack

We need a volunteer to do this for us with the clubs we play. It may dampen the infighting

Its interesting
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:11 - Aug 19 with 9857 viewsNeath_Jack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:07 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Be fun then

Im not from Leeds though, so any Yorkshire banter will pass over my head, i dont own a flat cap or a ferret

Please tell me you're Welsh instead

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 9814 viewsDippy

New Signings - young, exciting and rather inexperienced. We could've/should've brought more in, considering 15 players have left us in this window.. but that's our current owners foresight.. sell everyone, have one senior CB and no DM in our squad.. we're rather short in that department.

New manager - bright, enthusiastic.. but let down in the transfer market, after our owners decided to break promises of new recruits in specific areas.

We've started rather well, considering so many changes and transfers to playing personnel.
I'm hopeful for mid table, if we can get 3 loan signings, maybe a play off place.
After watching you against Derby, and us against Birmingham, I'd put you as favourites.

Poll: Cooper Out

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:18 - Aug 19 with 9788 viewsdickythorpe

Lump on Hernandez to score.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:18 - Aug 19 with 9781 viewsDyfnant

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:11 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

and over 50.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:28 - Aug 19 with 9696 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:11 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

Nope not Welsh.

West Midlands based, although I've been to Wales if that helps
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 9680 viewsjack247

We are running on youthful exuberance and adrenaline at the moment. Our board have brought in a fresh and exciting young manager, then asked him to fight with one arm tied behind his back. We have the makings of an exciting, footballing, counter attacking team, but are lacking experience, arguably leadership and cover in a few key positions. We are hoping against hope the board go some way to resolving that before the loan window closes, but I’m not expecting a lot. Wouldn’t surprise me if we had more out than in even from this point.

Tuesdays game could go either way, you could murder us with high energy pressing, if we manage to pass our way around that, we could rip you apart with quick, intricate pass and move football, like we used to play a few years ago.

Unfortunately, I think our season will fizzle out fairly quickly if Potter doesn’t get some help in the next week or so,
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:33 - Aug 19 with 9661 viewsHighjack

On the pitch we are getting it right. Good management team who is getting the very best out of a talented but very young and inexperienced side. Seems to make good substitutions and tactical tweaks at the right time. For the first time in years we seem free of mercenaries and this lot show a lot of togetherness. They are a bit lightweight in midfield and struggled against hugely physical Birmingham’s approach.

Off the pitch we are a veritable smorgasbord of calamity and disaster. We have 28 anonymous American investors who don’t give a shyt about football to satisfy. Most of whom would struggle to find Europe on a map, let alone Swansea. We also have our former owners hanging on like bloodsucking leeches attempting to squeeze every single penny out of the club they possibly can. They are selling everything and everyone with any value above 40p claiming they have to cut costs whilst refusing to cut their own self gifted £750,000 a year salary plus bonuses and dividends. They have refused to support the team in the transfer market leaving us with only one striker and one senior centre half. It has also been claimed this week that our stadium is literally falling down due to severe structural defects so that’s really good news.

In a nutshell we are decent and have the potential to have a good season. For the first time in years the fans and team are together. We are enjoying the football again. But we live in fear that come January when the window opens again this bunch of jokers will sell all our decent players and we’ll be completely f*cked.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:34 - Aug 19 with 9656 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:15 - Aug 19 by Dippy

New Signings - young, exciting and rather inexperienced. We could've/should've brought more in, considering 15 players have left us in this window.. but that's our current owners foresight.. sell everyone, have one senior CB and no DM in our squad.. we're rather short in that department.

New manager - bright, enthusiastic.. but let down in the transfer market, after our owners decided to break promises of new recruits in specific areas.

We've started rather well, considering so many changes and transfers to playing personnel.
I'm hopeful for mid table, if we can get 3 loan signings, maybe a play off place.
After watching you against Derby, and us against Birmingham, I'd put you as favourites.

Perhaps you will bring in loans to fill the gaps? Thats what i hope we are going to do.

I was quite keen on Graham Potter becoming our manager at one point, was very impressed with his side vs Arsenal, although that was the sum total of my knowledge of him.

Seems your in a similar place to Derby and Stoke, in transition, new squads, new tactics new ideas. I like some of your new lads, Joel Asoro and Bersant Celina, tricky and skillful. Watched you vs Birmingham though and being honest i thought you were extremely poor that day.

Was that a 1 off? Your results are decent but vs Birmingham how you got a point I'll never know.

We have had a great start, early days though, not going to get to excited by favourites and promotion tags.
Thanks for the response.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:35 - Aug 19 with 9642 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:18 - Aug 19 by dickythorpe

Lump on Hernandez to score.

My favourite player.

Love Pablo.

Was he good for you? Wondering why he didn't stick about to long, didnt settle or?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:36 - Aug 19 with 9634 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:18 - Aug 19 by Dyfnant

and over 50.

Under 30 I'm afraid
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:36 - Aug 19 with 9628 viewsTheKirkyLife

Potter is the type of manager we've needed for a very long time. Probably our most promising since the Rodgers/Laudrup era. He doesn't shy away from honesty, he's clearly a talented guy who can get the most from players.

Unfortunately simple signings that weren't even budget breaking were not made. He's been walked into a room and asked what limb he'd like to continue on without. Don't get me wrong - Celina, Asoro and McKay all look like pretty good additions. We needed improving elsewhere. The loathing for the Americans and Jenkins at this point may very well ensure a bit of toxicity at the Liberty from here on out.

After pre-season I felt top ten would be a good achievement for us. I honestly think the Leeds game will be a make or break for our season. Beat you and we may well go on to become title favourites, draw against you and we should be aiming for the play-off picture, lose and I'll stick with my earliest assessment; 7th to 10th would be a good season.

I reckon you lads will be top two by end of the season. So impressive. The one worry is the manager who is doing all this good stuff. That said I've not seen him sacked from a position of success previously.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:37 - Aug 19 with 9614 viewsJoshTheJack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:33 - Aug 19 by Highjack

On the pitch we are getting it right. Good management team who is getting the very best out of a talented but very young and inexperienced side. Seems to make good substitutions and tactical tweaks at the right time. For the first time in years we seem free of mercenaries and this lot show a lot of togetherness. They are a bit lightweight in midfield and struggled against hugely physical Birmingham’s approach.

Off the pitch we are a veritable smorgasbord of calamity and disaster. We have 28 anonymous American investors who don’t give a shyt about football to satisfy. Most of whom would struggle to find Europe on a map, let alone Swansea. We also have our former owners hanging on like bloodsucking leeches attempting to squeeze every single penny out of the club they possibly can. They are selling everything and everyone with any value above 40p claiming they have to cut costs whilst refusing to cut their own self gifted £750,000 a year salary plus bonuses and dividends. They have refused to support the team in the transfer market leaving us with only one striker and one senior centre half. It has also been claimed this week that our stadium is literally falling down due to severe structural defects so that’s really good news.

In a nutshell we are decent and have the potential to have a good season. For the first time in years the fans and team are together. We are enjoying the football again. But we live in fear that come January when the window opens again this bunch of jokers will sell all our decent players and we’ll be completely f*cked.

Cracking summary,Also very depressing.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:39 - Aug 19 with 9595 viewsjack247

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:34 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Perhaps you will bring in loans to fill the gaps? Thats what i hope we are going to do.

I was quite keen on Graham Potter becoming our manager at one point, was very impressed with his side vs Arsenal, although that was the sum total of my knowledge of him.

Seems your in a similar place to Derby and Stoke, in transition, new squads, new tactics new ideas. I like some of your new lads, Joel Asoro and Bersant Celina, tricky and skillful. Watched you vs Birmingham though and being honest i thought you were extremely poor that day.

Was that a 1 off? Your results are decent but vs Birmingham how you got a point I'll never know.

We have had a great start, early days though, not going to get to excited by favourites and promotion tags.
Thanks for the response.

We certainly aren’t in a similar position to Stoke. They have a local owner who felt responsible for relegation and agreed to part fund a promotion push.

To put it politely, we don’t have that luxury.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:40 - Aug 19 with 9590 viewsJoshTheJack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:35 - Aug 19 by Cjay

My favourite player.

Love Pablo.

Was he good for you? Wondering why he didn't stick about to long, didnt settle or?

He was good, Just had a problem with injuries and when Monk became manager basically sold most of our spanish players!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:41]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:41 - Aug 19 with 9562 viewspeenemunde

Leeds are a big club with big support.
I was on holiday as a youngster the day they got promoted at Bournemouth.
Their fans smashed Bournemouth to pieces, god knows how many fans they had there, thousands upon thousands without tickets.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:46 - Aug 19 with 9508 viewsDippy

Thanks for the response.

We've played 3 good 45 minutes and 3 inexperienced 45 minutes in 3 games..

A new team trying to get used to each other.. and the obvious areas we need to strengthen in. CB, DM and CF

Poll: Cooper Out

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:49 - Aug 19 with 9485 viewsNeath_Jack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:28 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Nope not Welsh.

West Midlands based, although I've been to Wales if that helps

Makes no odds to me my friend, support who you want.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:51 - Aug 19 with 9474 viewsjack247

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:35 - Aug 19 by Cjay

My favourite player.

Love Pablo.

Yes, but woefully inconsistent.

He’d be the best player on the pitch by a mile some games and shit the next, though sometimes you got the feeling that others didn’t quite have his speed of thought and weren’t on his wavelength.

Had a habit of getting a minor injury, not missing many games but then taking too long to play himself back into form.

I can’t see him being a Bielsa type player?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:38 - Aug 19 with 9217 viewsHighjack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:51 - Aug 19 by jack247

Yes, but woefully inconsistent.

He’d be the best player on the pitch by a mile some games and shit the next, though sometimes you got the feeling that others didn’t quite have his speed of thought and weren’t on his wavelength.

Had a habit of getting a minor injury, not missing many games but then taking too long to play himself back into form.

I can’t see him being a Bielsa type player?

Pablo often struggled massively with the physicality and speed of the prem. Talent was massive though

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:19 - Aug 19 with 9040 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:30 - Aug 19 by jack247

We are running on youthful exuberance and adrenaline at the moment. Our board have brought in a fresh and exciting young manager, then asked him to fight with one arm tied behind his back. We have the makings of an exciting, footballing, counter attacking team, but are lacking experience, arguably leadership and cover in a few key positions. We are hoping against hope the board go some way to resolving that before the loan window closes, but I’m not expecting a lot. Wouldn’t surprise me if we had more out than in even from this point.

Tuesdays game could go either way, you could murder us with high energy pressing, if we manage to pass our way around that, we could rip you apart with quick, intricate pass and move football, like we used to play a few years ago.

Unfortunately, I think our season will fizzle out fairly quickly if Potter doesn’t get some help in the next week or so,

Find it odd, as you say you lack leadership, why was Kyle Bartley sold? When we had him he was an excellent captain. Similarly Leon Britton, know he retired but could he not have been convinced to give you a season?

We definitely have a mistake in us when passing it out from the back, if you press like i imagine Potter wants then you may get some joy.

We are playing well but in no way flawless.

Thanks for the response
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:24 - Aug 19 with 8998 viewsAl_Bundy

Thanks for the response.

We are nowhere near the same as Stoke. They have retained half their squad from last year and added some real quality to it except for Clucas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024