Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 14:56 - Aug 19 with 19982 viewsCjay

Hello Swansea fans

Last season i decided it would be interesting to visit some of our rival teams forums for a chat

Then i post it on our forum, and anyone who fancies a read can.

Just your view on a few things regarding your club.

New signings, new manager, how you have started the season, how you think the season will go for you and finally how you see the match on Tuesday going.?

Any responses greatly appreciated

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686
It will go here for anyone who is interested
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:01]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:30 - Aug 19 with 2114 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:36 - Aug 19 by TheKirkyLife

Potter is the type of manager we've needed for a very long time. Probably our most promising since the Rodgers/Laudrup era. He doesn't shy away from honesty, he's clearly a talented guy who can get the most from players.

Unfortunately simple signings that weren't even budget breaking were not made. He's been walked into a room and asked what limb he'd like to continue on without. Don't get me wrong - Celina, Asoro and McKay all look like pretty good additions. We needed improving elsewhere. The loathing for the Americans and Jenkins at this point may very well ensure a bit of toxicity at the Liberty from here on out.

After pre-season I felt top ten would be a good achievement for us. I honestly think the Leeds game will be a make or break for our season. Beat you and we may well go on to become title favourites, draw against you and we should be aiming for the play-off picture, lose and I'll stick with my earliest assessment; 7th to 10th would be a good season.

I reckon you lads will be top two by end of the season. So impressive. The one worry is the manager who is doing all this good stuff. That said I've not seen him sacked from a position of success previously.

Remember when you had Laudrup you were one of the most enjoyable teams in the prem to watch imo, then you got Gary Monk who didnt play that sort of style, certainly not for us.

Since then you have gone from one odd appointment to another, none of them really played the same was as Martinez and Laudrup and co, Potter seems to at least go back to that as you say.

Dont know much about the fans vs owners thing, whats that about? Remember you being sold but apart from that im ignorant of whats happened. Know a fair bit about fans vs owners

Personally i thought youd be top 2, that was admittedly based on assuming you would spend tons and liking the look of Potter, seems thats not quite happened. Made a few good signings as you say and a few good loans and thinfs may look a bit brighter.

Certainly started well, before the start of the season the media thought we had the toughest start. Stoke and yourselves, playoff placed Derby and Boro last season, Millwall away, Preston, all in our 1st 10 games.A good indication of our season will be after our 1st 10 games.

Couldn't have asked for a better start, Bielda deserves so much credit, but cant get ahead of ourselves just yet.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:33 - Aug 19 with 2109 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:39 - Aug 19 by jack247

We certainly aren’t in a similar position to Stoke. They have a local owner who felt responsible for relegation and agreed to part fund a promotion push.

To put it politely, we don’t have that luxury.

Point taken, dont know anything about your relationship with the owners tbh.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 2093 viewspencoedjack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 16:38 - Aug 19 by Highjack

Pablo often struggled massively with the physicality and speed of the prem. Talent was massive though

My memory of Pablo was the delightful through ball ( for the 2nd?) when we smashed the Basseys

A lovely footballer
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 2094 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:33 - Aug 19 by Highjack

On the pitch we are getting it right. Good management team who is getting the very best out of a talented but very young and inexperienced side. Seems to make good substitutions and tactical tweaks at the right time. For the first time in years we seem free of mercenaries and this lot show a lot of togetherness. They are a bit lightweight in midfield and struggled against hugely physical Birmingham’s approach.

Off the pitch we are a veritable smorgasbord of calamity and disaster. We have 28 anonymous American investors who don’t give a shyt about football to satisfy. Most of whom would struggle to find Europe on a map, let alone Swansea. We also have our former owners hanging on like bloodsucking leeches attempting to squeeze every single penny out of the club they possibly can. They are selling everything and everyone with any value above 40p claiming they have to cut costs whilst refusing to cut their own self gifted £750,000 a year salary plus bonuses and dividends. They have refused to support the team in the transfer market leaving us with only one striker and one senior centre half. It has also been claimed this week that our stadium is literally falling down due to severe structural defects so that’s really good news.

In a nutshell we are decent and have the potential to have a good season. For the first time in years the fans and team are together. We are enjoying the football again. But we live in fear that come January when the window opens again this bunch of jokers will sell all our decent players and we’ll be completely f*cked.

Sign of a good manager that, if he can bring a squad together and create a family atmosphere sort of thing then that should help all over the pitch, we arent a physically large side like Birmingham although we are combative.

Oh i didnt know any of that about your owners, thanks. I thought 2 Americans owned you? How can you need to cut costs when you get obscene parachute payments like all relegated clubs? Very odd that, can understand your concern. They better not let the stadium become dangerous otherwise they are opening themselves up for a whole world of trouble.

At least the fans and the players are one, we are the same now for the 1st time really in years, bit tetchy with the board but nothing like what you guys are going through.

Thanks for the response
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:40 - Aug 19 with 2083 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:40 - Aug 19 by JoshTheJack

He was good, Just had a problem with injuries and when Monk became manager basically sold most of our spanish players!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:41]

Then signed him for us, must have rated him.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:42 - Aug 19 with 2074 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:46 - Aug 19 by Dippy

We've played 3 good 45 minutes and 3 inexperienced 45 minutes in 3 games..

A new team trying to get used to each other.. and the obvious areas we need to strengthen in. CB, DM and CF

Cb, dm and Am for us.

Saw you were in for Ryan Woods?

A loan to buy perhaps?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:49 - Aug 19 with 2045 views1964white

Another Leeds fan here

Well you called Cjay wrong Jack, he is a good bloke who is knowledgeable & passionate about Leeds & football in general.
Love Wales btw, the Mrs & I have good friends just outside Abergavenny
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:50 - Aug 19 with 2044 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:51 - Aug 19 by jack247

Yes, but woefully inconsistent.

He’d be the best player on the pitch by a mile some games and shit the next, though sometimes you got the feeling that others didn’t quite have his speed of thought and weren’t on his wavelength.

Had a habit of getting a minor injury, not missing many games but then taking too long to play himself back into form.

I can’t see him being a Bielsa type player?

He has had times like that for us to, totally anonymous all game, but its been rare.

As you say i do think he is just sometimes to good for his teammates, he sees passes they dont.

Last season he created the most goalscoring chances in the league, 3 per game i think, shows the speed of thought and technical ability he has, to good imo for this league.

Largely brilliant for us, fortunately he hasnt had to many injuries.

No me neither, thought hed be to old to charge about, but credit to him he could have left us.

But he signed a new contract and has played every minute of our league season so far and done well.

Bit quiet vs Rotherham however, wouldn't be to surprised if he doesnt start vs you, 33, playing the style Bielsa does, another game on a Tuesday may be a step to far.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:52 - Aug 19 with 2035 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Don't bring any money to Swansea, it will end up on the other side of the Atlantic.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:52 - Aug 19 with 2034 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:24 - Aug 19 by Al_Bundy

We are nowhere near the same as Stoke. They have retained half their squad from last year and added some real quality to it except for Clucas.

They are in transition though like you.

Lots of new players, a new manager playing a different style to the old one etc.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:54 - Aug 19 with 2017 viewsFlashberryjack

Our club is well and truly f*cked...it will take a little time for our supporters to accept it, but we are. RIP

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 2008 views1964white

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:18 - Aug 19 by dickythorpe

Lump on Hernandez to score.

Player of the 2017/18 season by a country mile

Pablo has been terrific for Leeds

Did Hernandez do a good job at Swansea?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 2005 viewsdickythorpe

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:52 - Aug 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

Don't bring any money to Swansea, it will end up on the other side of the Atlantic.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:02 - Aug 19 with 1994 viewsjack247

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:19 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Find it odd, as you say you lack leadership, why was Kyle Bartley sold? When we had him he was an excellent captain. Similarly Leon Britton, know he retired but could he not have been convinced to give you a season?

We definitely have a mistake in us when passing it out from the back, if you press like i imagine Potter wants then you may get some joy.

We are playing well but in no way flawless.

Thanks for the response

Purely because we could get some money for him. We’re on shit street financially, not in terms of massive debts, but in terms of being run within our means. We’ve got one senior centre back left and they’ll sell him if someone offers a couple of million.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:07 - Aug 19 with 1978 views1964white

Was down at Swansea in 2011 when the Swans smashed us 3-0. Scott Sinclair ran rings around us, think he scored twice if my memory serves me right.
Swansea was easily the best team in the championship that season imo!
Heading down to the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday, could be our toughest game so far, I'd take a point
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:09 - Aug 19 with 1963 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:19 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Find it odd, as you say you lack leadership, why was Kyle Bartley sold? When we had him he was an excellent captain. Similarly Leon Britton, know he retired but could he not have been convinced to give you a season?

We definitely have a mistake in us when passing it out from the back, if you press like i imagine Potter wants then you may get some joy.

We are playing well but in no way flawless.

Thanks for the response

Bartley didn't want to be here and was terrible for us on the pitch (apart from one game against United yonks ago). The few times he wore the armband he was particularly awful. We got a very generous offer for him, made perfect sense at the time. But given what happened on deadline day maybe we should've kept him around as backup to young Joe, yeah.

Injuries caught up with Leon. Simply not fit enough to keep playing.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:16 - Aug 19 with 1940 viewsAl_Bundy

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:52 - Aug 19 by Cjay

They are in transition though like you.

Lots of new players, a new manager playing a different style to the old one etc.

We don't have a lot of new players... are you mistaking us for someone else !?!
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:18 - Aug 19 with 1934 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:38 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Sign of a good manager that, if he can bring a squad together and create a family atmosphere sort of thing then that should help all over the pitch, we arent a physically large side like Birmingham although we are combative.

Oh i didnt know any of that about your owners, thanks. I thought 2 Americans owned you? How can you need to cut costs when you get obscene parachute payments like all relegated clubs? Very odd that, can understand your concern. They better not let the stadium become dangerous otherwise they are opening themselves up for a whole world of trouble.

At least the fans and the players are one, we are the same now for the 1st time really in years, bit tetchy with the board but nothing like what you guys are going through.

Thanks for the response

Our operating costs were an alarmingly high percentage of our total income for a Premier League team. Our non-TV income was tiny for a Premier League team. Our wage bill was ~£20m higher than Newcastle's was when they went down. Since we don't have a Mike Ashley or Peter Coates who can foot the bill to gamble on an immediate return, it's sell sell sell or serious trouble.

First year parachute payment is 55% of last year's income, which straight away means making up a £50m deficit through player sales and wage reductions. When you want to buy a few players as well, and not leave the club cost cutting again next summer (when parachute payment drops to 30%), that means drastic cuts, and the sooner the better.

Parachute payments are huge to Championship teams, but not Premier League sides, who spend money like it's going out of fashion. Which is why they exist in the first place.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:19 - Aug 19 with 1930 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:49 - Aug 19 by 1964white

Another Leeds fan here

Well you called Cjay wrong Jack, he is a good bloke who is knowledgeable & passionate about Leeds & football in general.
Love Wales btw, the Mrs & I have good friends just outside Abergavenny

Hello Leon

Thanks very much

This is Leon, one of the vets on our forum, goes to almost all our games all over the place and has it seems since Don Revie was a lad

Very passionate about Leeds and will be able to give more of an insight then I when it comes to our games because he gets to see them and not rely on dodgy streams
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:20 - Aug 19 with 1926 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:54 - Aug 19 by Flashberryjack

Our club is well and truly f*cked...it will take a little time for our supporters to accept it, but we are. RIP

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:35 - Aug 19 with 1886 viewsJoshTheJack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:40 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Then signed him for us, must have rated him.

Learned from his mistakes!I was surprised when he signed for you easily a Prem player(no offence).
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:40 - Aug 19 with 1867 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:02 - Aug 19 by jack247

Purely because we could get some money for him. We’re on shit street financially, not in terms of massive debts, but in terms of being run within our means. We’ve got one senior centre back left and they’ll sell him if someone offers a couple of million.

So you have unambitious owners ?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 1865 viewsOldjack

We were very good , then we were okish ,now we're not ,as it stands i fully expect your dirty good team to kick our arses,unless Potter has a cunning plan

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 1862 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:09 - Aug 19 by jasper_T

Bartley didn't want to be here and was terrible for us on the pitch (apart from one game against United yonks ago). The few times he wore the armband he was particularly awful. We got a very generous offer for him, made perfect sense at the time. But given what happened on deadline day maybe we should've kept him around as backup to young Joe, yeah.

Injuries caught up with Leon. Simply not fit enough to keep playing.

Fair enough, can only judge Kyle on our 1 season and in fairness i didnt want him back anyways, to injury prone for me.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 1858 viewsJackfath

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:41 - Aug 19 by Oldjack

We were very good , then we were okish ,now we're not ,as it stands i fully expect your dirty good team to kick our arses,unless Potter has a cunning plan

That's the spirit Alan.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024