Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 14:56 - Aug 19 with 20273 viewsCjay

Hello Swansea fans

Last season i decided it would be interesting to visit some of our rival teams forums for a chat

Then i post it on our forum, and anyone who fancies a read can.

Just your view on a few things regarding your club.

New signings, new manager, how you have started the season, how you think the season will go for you and finally how you see the match on Tuesday going.?

Any responses greatly appreciated

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686
It will go here for anyone who is interested
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:01]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:42 - Aug 19 with 2259 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:16 - Aug 19 by Al_Bundy

We don't have a lot of new players... are you mistaking us for someone else !?!

Just checked, i assumed you had signed loads, may have got confused with who left not joined.

Have you only signed 4 players? McKay, Asoro, kid from Liverpool and Celina?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:45 - Aug 19 with 2251 viewsJoshTheJack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:42 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Just checked, i assumed you had signed loads, may have got confused with who left not joined.

And a couple of u23 players and thats it.oh and Declan John.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:49 - Aug 19 with 2241 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:42 - Aug 19 by Cjay

In reality it is a lot of new players as along with the signings we've got kids from the u23s making their debuts (Rodon, James) and returning loanees (McBurnie, Fulton, Grimes, Montero) making up the bulk of the first team.

Olsson, van der Hoorn, Roberts and Carroll are the only surviving regulars from last season (plus Fer coming back slowly).
Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:01 - Aug 19 with 2203 viewsjack247

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:40 - Aug 19 by Cjay

So you have unambitious owners ?

Our majority owners are a hedge fund desperate to claw their investment back. I may be wrong, but I think we were the only PL team to spend less than we brought in on transfers last season (based on sale price, excluding signing on fees, agents etc). Possibly Southampton as they had a windfall for Van Dijk.

The supporters trust actually own nearly a quarter of the club, but seem pretty powerless to stop the majority owners pillaging us.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:10 - Aug 19 with 2178 viewsperplex

Our club is now owned by a pair of professional fleecers who have our chairman and other board members on there payroll, they cleverly twist things with careful wording whilst pocketing millions, unfortunately we have a gullible and weak minded fan base where many of them believe what they are told while, the ones who have a pretty good idea of what is going on protest by complaining on here.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:11 - Aug 19 with 2177 viewsPhil_S

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:03 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

This will be interesting.

I'll give you a quick breakdown though:

Our owners are greedy bastards who are ruining our club.

You ferret / pigeon fiddling, flat cap wearing c*nt.

Your club isn't famous / big anymore.

We only needed 10 men.

Your manager is nuts and you'll run out of steam.

I anticipate you will get variants of all those posted above.

And if E20 or Shaky join in this thread, switch off
Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:15 - Aug 19 with 2149 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Hello! Thanks for coming and being a gentleman - it's good to talk to supporters of other clubs in a civilised fashion.

New signings:
After 7 years in the Premier League it's a breath of fresh air to be signing young, hungry players again rather than primadonna's who pick up their 50 grand a week wherever they can and don't give a fudge about the club they're at. I love the look of Bersant Celina - he's my new favourite player and we've brought in a couple of talented young wingers. That said, we haven't signed enough players considering how many have left, nor have we signed the odd experienced campaigner to bring some experience and metal to the team. Our midfield in particular is looking lightweight at the moment. We're hoping the loan market will help sort this out but we're not holding our breath due to the previous comments you will have seen about our owners and board, whom we all hate with a passion.

New manager:
You'll likely only see positive responses on this question and it's no different from me. He seems a great fit and has got us results in the league so far, including points we can't honestly say we've deserved. With our wafer-thin squad and the challenges of a busy and physical Championship I predict a run of games at some point where we struggle for results but we need to stick with this guy through thick and thin for a while and give him a proper crack at it.

How you have started the season:
Couldn't ask for more in terms of points. Happy with our new signings generally, but need more reinforcements. Off the field is a shambles and a nightmare you almost wouldn't believe if we had time to give you the full story. Our last performance against Birmingham is a worry for me - we were truly diabolical and we'll need to improve 1000% to get a result on Tuesday.

How you think the season will go for you:
Could depend on the loan market. With excellent loans we may just push for a play-off place. Without, we'll struggle, so mid table would be best case scenario. My worry is that if and when this period of poor results does come for us, this team is so young, so thin and our crowd are so fed up and hostile towards the owners that it could all turn very sour for us and we could capitulate at some point.

How you see the match on Tuesday going?:
I think Leeds will win. I would enthusiastically accept a draw right now if it were offered to me - but they do say in the Championship every game can go any one of 3 ways, so who really knows?!
Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:31 - Aug 19 with 2106 viewsjasfan

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:35 - Aug 19 by Cjay

My favourite player.

Love Pablo.

Was he good for you? Wondering why he didn't stick about to long, didnt settle or?

One of my favourite players in recent years.

He could run the show and could see passes that others couldn't, weren't capable of executing or too afraid to try in case they got the amount of stick that Pablo got when it didn't come off (unjustified in my opinion). A brave player in that sense.

As mentioned already his occasional injuries and the time he then took to reach the levels he was capable of was frustrating.

Still classy from what I've seen of his performances on the TV for Leeds in the Championship. It's a pity we didn't have someone with his technical ability and football intelligence in the squad last season to help change and win games.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 19:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:54 - Aug 19 with 2045 viewsHighjack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:19 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Find it odd, as you say you lack leadership, why was Kyle Bartley sold? When we had him he was an excellent captain. Similarly Leon Britton, know he retired but could he not have been convinced to give you a season?

We definitely have a mistake in us when passing it out from the back, if you press like i imagine Potter wants then you may get some joy.

We are playing well but in no way flawless.

Thanks for the response

Bartley had been here about six years and only played about 25 games. And whenever he played he was utterly useless. Either a stupid red card that left us in the shyt or stupid fouls in dangerous areas that left us in the shyt.

If any opposing player ran at him he’d just back off and back off allowing them to slot the ball around him into the corner of the net with ease as if he wasn’t there. Hence the nickname “Backoff Bartley”.

No doubt he’d be good in the championship but it was time for him to go.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:03 - Aug 19 with 2019 viewsBloodyhills

My favourite player.

Love Pablo.

Was he good for you? Wondering why he didn't stick about to long, didnt settle or?

On his day he was unplayable, just that these days were few and far between. Seemed to be injured a fair bit.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:05 - Aug 19 with 2014 viewsBloodyhills

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:40 - Aug 19 by JoshTheJack

He was good, Just had a problem with injuries and when Monk became manager basically sold most of our spanish players!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:41]

I wonder if it was because Chico Flores threatened to brain Monk with a brick during training and he thought it best to get rid of the tempestuous Spanish.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:08 - Aug 19 with 2005 viewsAl_Bundy

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:49 - Aug 19 by jasper_T

In reality it is a lot of new players as along with the signings we've got kids from the u23s making their debuts (Rodon, James) and returning loanees (McBurnie, Fulton, Grimes, Montero) making up the bulk of the first team.

Olsson, van der Hoorn, Roberts and Carroll are the only surviving regulars from last season (plus Fer coming back slowly).

So we have signed a lot of players who in fact are our own players already?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:23 - Aug 19 with 1961 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:45 - Aug 19 by JoshTheJack

And a couple of u23 players and thats it.oh and Declan John.

We like u23 players, signed about 300 of them in the last 12 months
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:24 - Aug 19 with 1957 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:49 - Aug 19 by jasper_T

Matt Grimes?

One of the most useless midfielders ive ever seen in a Leeds shirt, he must have improved if he is playing as a regular, but my god he made me long for Seth Johnson.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:26 - Aug 19 with 1949 views1964white

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:19 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Hello Leon

Thanks very much

This is Leon, one of the vets on our forum, goes to almost all our games all over the place and has it seems since Don Revie was a lad

Very passionate about Leeds and will be able to give more of an insight then I when it comes to our games because he gets to see them and not rely on dodgy streams

Thanks Cjay

Looking forward to this match should be a good game between two good footballing sides.
Long journey though, probably won't arrive home until 4 am. We go again to Norwich on Saturday, the fixture list hasn't been kind to us fans
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:26 - Aug 19 with 1949 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:01 - Aug 19 by jack247

Our majority owners are a hedge fund desperate to claw their investment back. I may be wrong, but I think we were the only PL team to spend less than we brought in on transfers last season (based on sale price, excluding signing on fees, agents etc). Possibly Southampton as they had a windfall for Van Dijk.

The supporters trust actually own nearly a quarter of the club, but seem pretty powerless to stop the majority owners pillaging us.

Ah bit like my local side, they are owned by a Hedge Fund, nothing but trouble since they arrived many years ago now.

Problem is they are people playing with other peoples money, they will only ever see the profit margin.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:26 - Aug 19 with 1943 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:11 - Aug 19 by Phil_S

And if E20 or Shaky join in this thread, switch off

I'm a big boy, i'll be ok
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:28 - Aug 19 with 1936 viewsJoshTheJack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:05 - Aug 19 by Bloodyhills

I wonder if it was because Chico Flores threatened to brain Monk with a brick during training and he thought it best to get rid of the tempestuous Spanish.

Can't tar them all with the same brush though,They were good players.And Chico is just Chico .Monk tried to re invent the wheel worked for the first season the second season when it started going wrong he didn't have a clue what to do.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:30 - Aug 19 with 1924 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:10 - Aug 19 by perplex

Our club is now owned by a pair of professional fleecers who have our chairman and other board members on there payroll, they cleverly twist things with careful wording whilst pocketing millions, unfortunately we have a gullible and weak minded fan base where many of them believe what they are told while, the ones who have a pretty good idea of what is going on protest by complaining on here.

IS always the way, a few enlightened souls being ignored then eventually the rest realise whats going on.

Hopefully it isnt all as bad as you think, look at Villa.

They went from going to the brown stuff to being the richest club outside of the top flight and one of the 3 richest in the country.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:31 - Aug 19 with 1917 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:08 - Aug 19 by Al_Bundy

So we have signed a lot of players who in fact are our own players already?

No, we have a very new team made up of signings and players that weren't featuring much or at all last season.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:33 - Aug 19 with 1909 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:24 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Matt Grimes?

One of the most useless midfielders ive ever seen in a Leeds shirt, he must have improved if he is playing as a regular, but my god he made me long for Seth Johnson.

He hasn't played in midfield for us. Potter used him as a left back in preseason because Olsson was on holiday, and he's come on as sub in all three games as either a wingback or left midfielder.

One of Potter's stranger decisions, but it's not like he's had much to choose from.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 1894 viewsfelixstowe_jack

My favourite player.

Love Pablo.

He was very good for us. Unfortunately at the end of monks first season either or board or monk decided we had to get rid of all our Spanish players.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:40 - Aug 19 with 1888 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:15 - Aug 19 by OhRobbieRobbie

Hello! Thanks for coming and being a gentleman - it's good to talk to supporters of other clubs in a civilised fashion.

New signings:
After 7 years in the Premier League it's a breath of fresh air to be signing young, hungry players again rather than primadonna's who pick up their 50 grand a week wherever they can and don't give a fudge about the club they're at. I love the look of Bersant Celina - he's my new favourite player and we've brought in a couple of talented young wingers. That said, we haven't signed enough players considering how many have left, nor have we signed the odd experienced campaigner to bring some experience and metal to the team. Our midfield in particular is looking lightweight at the moment. We're hoping the loan market will help sort this out but we're not holding our breath due to the previous comments you will have seen about our owners and board, whom we all hate with a passion.

New manager:
You'll likely only see positive responses on this question and it's no different from me. He seems a great fit and has got us results in the league so far, including points we can't honestly say we've deserved. With our wafer-thin squad and the challenges of a busy and physical Championship I predict a run of games at some point where we struggle for results but we need to stick with this guy through thick and thin for a while and give him a proper crack at it.

How you have started the season:
Couldn't ask for more in terms of points. Happy with our new signings generally, but need more reinforcements. Off the field is a shambles and a nightmare you almost wouldn't believe if we had time to give you the full story. Our last performance against Birmingham is a worry for me - we were truly diabolical and we'll need to improve 1000% to get a result on Tuesday.

How you think the season will go for you:
Could depend on the loan market. With excellent loans we may just push for a play-off place. Without, we'll struggle, so mid table would be best case scenario. My worry is that if and when this period of poor results does come for us, this team is so young, so thin and our crowd are so fed up and hostile towards the owners that it could all turn very sour for us and we could capitulate at some point.

How you see the match on Tuesday going?:
I think Leeds will win. I would enthusiastically accept a draw right now if it were offered to me - but they do say in the Championship every game can go any one of 3 ways, so who really knows?!

Thanks and you to

Yes it is, ive enjoyed my bouncing around other forums, its a fun experience and sometimes you learn things you didnt know about.

I like Celina, remember him scoring a stunner vs us last eason for Ipswich, hoped we would be in for him, but we wernt for whatever reason, also like Asoro who always looked like a bit of light at Sunderland in a very dark season. Yes, i didnt realise your ins and outs ratio was so big, you certainly seem a bit light in numbers. Would be naive of the owners to not give the Manager the best tools they can, after all Championship clubs dont make money so its daft to not to make a real effort to not get you back up to the Prem.

Does seem despite the worries about the squad and the board there is at least universal support for Graham Potter which is nice, something and someone to cling onto for the fans. Do wonder though will the owners have the patience if things arent going well?

Had a bit of insight, doesnt seem very good, sympathise with fans who have there clubs ran by morons.

Yeah i can understand that, the fans are angry, they look to the players to cheer them up, if things go badly they will turn there anger on the players but really they are angry at the ones who are in charge. Its a difficult situation if it happens, you want to get across your frustration about the results and what has happened, but if you allow the anger at the board to spill over to the players and coach then they will probably sack the coach to try and appease and then what do you do.

Nobody knows as you say, its the most competitive league in the world (i really like it tbh) its always interesting and exciting, you can beat a promotion rival 4-1 at there place one week and they struggle to beat one of the favourites for the drop 2-0 at your place, always exciting.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:43 - Aug 19 with 1869 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 17:38 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Sign of a good manager that, if he can bring a squad together and create a family atmosphere sort of thing then that should help all over the pitch, we arent a physically large side like Birmingham although we are combative.

Oh i didnt know any of that about your owners, thanks. I thought 2 Americans owned you? How can you need to cut costs when you get obscene parachute payments like all relegated clubs? Very odd that, can understand your concern. They better not let the stadium become dangerous otherwise they are opening themselves up for a whole world of trouble.

At least the fans and the players are one, we are the same now for the 1st time really in years, bit tetchy with the board but nothing like what you guys are going through.

Thanks for the response

We don't own the stadium only lease it from the counail. The American board are trying to sue the council to put the defects right.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:45 - Aug 19 with 1865 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:31 - Aug 19 by jasfan

One of my favourite players in recent years.

He could run the show and could see passes that others couldn't, weren't capable of executing or too afraid to try in case they got the amount of stick that Pablo got when it didn't come off (unjustified in my opinion). A brave player in that sense.

As mentioned already his occasional injuries and the time he then took to reach the levels he was capable of was frustrating.

Still classy from what I've seen of his performances on the TV for Leeds in the Championship. It's a pity we didn't have someone with his technical ability and football intelligence in the squad last season to help change and win games.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 19:53]

He really has been a joy for us.

67 games played (if you take minutes on the itch into account)
14 goals and 18 assists.

Last season he created more goal scoring chances per game then any other player in the league, so basically if his teammates were better then he would have had a lot more assists.

PLayed all 270 minutes of our games in the league this season and worked his butt off, cant fault him.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 20:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024