Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gwion the man 21:36 - Aug 19 with 4755 viewsKilkennyjack

Shame we released him ...,

Beware of the Risen People

Gwion the man on 21:54 - Aug 19 with 4650 viewsBanosswan

Hang on, shouldn't this be a massive conflict for you?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gwion the man on 22:35 - Aug 19 with 4486 viewsLeonWasGod

He had a great spell at Peterborough and is a fan favourite already at Portman Road after only 3 games. He’d be perfect for us now. This is from his debut.

Deserved a goal too:

A close up of the turn at the start of that move:

And to cap it off he scored (move starts at 0:27).

Be interesting to see how Ipswich do this year. They’ve been boringly agriculturally long-ball under McCarthy for years, but with Paul Hurst now in charge (worked wonders at Shrewsbury on a tight budget, they’ve changed pretty much the whole team and have started pinging it around on the deck. That suits Gwion, as it will Emyr Huws too (but he’s injured). They’ve a couple of other Welshies over there as well - at least one youth player and a coach who’s name escapes me (but shouldn’t).
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 22:42]
Gwion the man on 22:41 - Aug 19 with 4443 viewsE20Jack

If he was still with us then he wouldn’t be anywhere near the player he shows he is at times now. He would have had limited chances and spend the key years of development in the U23 squad or loaned out to different clubs never really settling. It’s all timing unfortunately when it comes to developing or bringing through players and a Premier League standard player he isn’t unfortunately. He is probably the victim of our own success - if playing for us was his ambition.

Good luck to him.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gwion the man on 22:45 - Aug 19 with 4434 viewsLeonWasGod

Gwion the man on 22:41 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

If he was still with us then he wouldn’t be anywhere near the player he shows he is at times now. He would have had limited chances and spend the key years of development in the U23 squad or loaned out to different clubs never really settling. It’s all timing unfortunately when it comes to developing or bringing through players and a Premier League standard player he isn’t unfortunately. He is probably the victim of our own success - if playing for us was his ambition.

Good luck to him.

Pretty much undoubtedly true. He’d never have been able to break into a PL side straight off and is now reaping the rewards of being prepared to drop down the league and work hard to develop. As you say, good luck to him. He’s deserved his chance to step up again.
Gwion the man on 22:46 - Aug 19 with 4422 viewsKerouac

Gwion would be one of our better players now (if he had stayed).
Can't believe we let him go.
We have persevered for much longer with other youngsters with half the talent.
Good luck to him,
our loss.

P.S. - It's no good having a state of the art academy if you have shiit for brains coaches who can't spot a talented boy under their noses.
I can tell you that there is a big emphasis on physical attributes among our youth coaches.

Footballers have got it upstairs and they have got heart, often it takes another (old, retired) footballer to spot it.
I couldn't give a f*ck how fast you run the 100m or whether you are proficient at fouling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gwion the man on 22:49 - Aug 19 with 4402 viewslonglostjack

Gwion the man on 22:46 - Aug 19 by Kerouac

Good luck to him,
our loss.

P.S. - It's no good having a state of the art academy if you have shiit for brains coaches who can't spot a talented boy under their noses.
I can tell you that there is a big emphasis on physical attributes among our youth coaches.

Footballers have got it upstairs and they have got heart, often it takes another (old, retired) footballer to spot it.
I couldn't give a f*ck how fast you run the 100m or whether you are proficient at fouling.

Kenji Gorre springs to mind.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gwion the man on 22:50 - Aug 19 with 4400 viewsjasper_T

Good luck to him,
our loss.

But all our fans are now saying physical attributes are what we're lacking.
Gwion the man on 22:51 - Aug 19 with 4388 viewsSwansea93

700K bargain

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Gwion the man on 22:53 - Aug 19 with 4382 viewsjasper_T

Alt joke: Being Scottish isn't a physical attribute.
Gwion the man on 22:55 - Aug 19 with 4365 viewsLeonWasGod

Good luck to him,
our loss.

E20’s right (it happens sometimes 😂). Playing football week in week out in the lower leagues has been far more beneficial than being stuck in our U21s/23s.

It’s just the way the timing worked for him. If he was coming through now he’d probably get a chance.
Gwion the man on 23:01 - Aug 19 with 4335 viewsKerouac

Gwion the man on 22:53 - Aug 19 by jasper_T

Alt joke: Being Scottish isn't a physical attribute.

Well yes, we have persisted for far longer with;
Olly McBurnie,
Jay Fulton,
Adam King.

All were loaned out, McBurnie and Fulton were given minutes in cup games and the Prem...somebody else mentioned Kenji Gorre, same for him.

Meanwhile an obviously talented young Welsh lad like Gwion (who was always full of skill) and had looked the part playing for Osian Roberts' Wales U21s...was allowed to walk away for f*ck all.
Mystifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gwion the man on 23:21 - Aug 19 with 4263 viewshobo

You could go through our old U23 highlights and he was doing that kind of stuff even back then. Strange one to let go, but he would have wanted first team football to be fair
Gwion the man on 16:50 - Aug 20 with 3728 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

Gwion the man on 17:12 - Aug 20 with 3660 viewsKilkennyjack

Gwion the man on 21:54 - Aug 19 by Banosswan

Hang on, shouldn't this be a massive conflict for you?

As a big supporter of local lads getting their chance, then i think some serious questions need to be asked at the club.

We kept many others and signed many others.

Well done Gwion YJB.

If he was from Falkirk we would have kept him. Fact.
Or his dad played for Ajax, or brother for Chelsea ?
Lazy coaches playing older players in matches, and signing ready made players from elsewhere.

How about working hard with our local lads ? You know like we used to under the great alan curtis.

Gwion the man on 17:14 - Aug 20 with 3655 viewsKilkennyjack

Gwion the man on 23:01 - Aug 19 by Kerouac

Well yes, we have persisted for far longer with;
Olly McBurnie,
Jay Fulton,
Adam King.

All were loaned out, McBurnie and Fulton were given minutes in cup games and the Prem...somebody else mentioned Kenji Gorre, same for him.

Meanwhile an obviously talented young Welsh lad like Gwion (who was always full of skill) and had looked the part playing for Osian Roberts' Wales U21s...was allowed to walk away for f*ck all.
Mystifying.

Spot on.

I applaud you on this one.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Gwion the man on 01:34 - Aug 21 with 3319 viewstheloneranger

Gwion the man on 16:50 - Aug 20 by Captain_Sham

👍 Dean would most probably be given a yellow card in this day and age for ungentlemanly conduct

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Gwion the man on 11:05 - Aug 21 with 3081 viewsJacket

I don't think you can really blame the club for this though. Gwion took the decision that he believed he had a better chance of making it if he went down to the lower leagues and worked his way up. Had we been in the Championship at the time he probably wouldn't have left the Under 23s, as the step up from the under 23s to the Championship is one that's less daunting than up to the Premier League. He had became a victim of the club's success. I'm sure I remember at the time there was an offer for him to stay at the under 23s, but he decided to follow his own path and work his way up. He's made it to the Championship, but it remains to be seen whether he'll ever make it to the Premier League.
Gwion the man on 08:26 - Aug 22 with 2909 viewsKilkennyjack

Gwion the man on 11:05 - Aug 21 by Jacket

I don't think you can really blame the club for this though. Gwion took the decision that he believed he had a better chance of making it if he went down to the lower leagues and worked his way up. Had we been in the Championship at the time he probably wouldn't have left the Under 23s, as the step up from the under 23s to the Championship is one that's less daunting than up to the Premier League. He had became a victim of the club's success. I'm sure I remember at the time there was an offer for him to stay at the under 23s, but he decided to follow his own path and work his way up. He's made it to the Championship, but it remains to be seen whether he'll ever make it to the Premier League.

Nah, thats a cop out.

We kept lesser players for years, we signed new lesser players (from Falkirk) - and we let this guy go.

No excuses.

A multi million pound feck up.

Gwion the man on 08:52 - Aug 22 with 2852 viewsCaptain_Sham

Fantastic performance by our young players last night and all some people can do is moan about a player we released years ago. SAD.

Its just a ride.

Gwion the man on 09:38 - Aug 22 with 2752 viewsGaz_M

Gwion the man on 08:52 - Aug 22 by Captain_Sham

Fantastic performance by our young players last night and all some people can do is moan about a player we released years ago. SAD.

Gwion never looked like he’d be one day capable of what he’s producing now. Correct decision at the time.

Making decisions in hindsight are easy.
Gwion the man on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 2714 viewsNeath_Jack

Another hideous thread with the usual posters weighing in with paragraph after paragraph of nonsense.

Some people are waiting for any excuse to have a go at the club.

Terrible outlook to have.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gwion the man on 10:31 - Aug 22 with 2669 viewsKilkennyjack

Listen dumbo, 2 of the players last night were produced by our club, and its long long over due.

If we made the correct decision with Gwion, then there would have been 3.

If you can’t speak openly about mistakes, then you can never learn. Are u a child ?

Lets shout down the truth because its uncomfortable for the people who made the this decision. Its a multi million pound feck up - and everybody knows it.

Gwion the man on 11:50 - Aug 22 with 2621 viewsWandererJack

Gwion the man on 10:31 - Aug 22 by Kilkennyjack

Listen dumbo, 2 of the players last night were produced by our club, and its long long over due.

If we made the correct decision with Gwion, then there would have been 3.

If you can’t speak openly about mistakes, then you can never learn. Are u a child ?

Lets shout down the truth because its uncomfortable for the people who made the this decision. Its a multi million pound feck up - and everybody knows it.

You do what is right at the time. Maybe he showed less potential than the others when he was let go - who knows, who cares? You're talking as if he's Ronaldo.

Fair play to him, he dropped down and has worked his way back up and good luck to the lad.

As for 'and everybody knows it'..only a tiny percentage of our fans will even know who he is and even less care that we released him.

Stop being unnecessarily rude to people, you bell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024