Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Whitehall 21:48 - Aug 19 with 1292 viewsCatullus

There's been quite a fuss about a straight man playing a homosexual role. Many complainst are that a gay man should be played by a gay man.
I thought anti discrimination laws would render that argument null and void? When you're casting a role, you choose who you think is the best person for the job.
If the PC gob jockeys are going to moan at everything, maybe they should also be saying a black woman shouldn't play Emmeline Pankhurst?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jack Whitehall on 22:27 - Aug 19 with 1241 viewsswanforthemoney

Hollywood is full of gay men playing straights. So this shouldn’t be a problem really.

I stand in the North Stand

Jack Whitehall on 22:39 - Aug 19 with 1225 viewsLeonWasGod

Nuts innit. People seem to have forgotten that actors act, even though there’s a big clue in the title ‘actor’ (or actress of course, but I’m not sure what you’re supposed to call a gender fluid acting person).

Talking of which there was a hooha in the Gurniad the other day about the realism of lesbian scenes in films. As if any of us would ever know the difference!
Jack Whitehall on 22:54 - Aug 19 with 1215 viewsswanforthemoney

Jack Whitehall on 22:39 - Aug 19 by LeonWasGod

Nuts innit. People seem to have forgotten that actors act, even though there’s a big clue in the title ‘actor’ (or actress of course, but I’m not sure what you’re supposed to call a gender fluid acting person).

Talking of which there was a hooha in the Gurniad the other day about the realism of lesbian scenes in films. As if any of us would ever know the difference!

Not realistic. You mean they’ve been lying to me all these years? Devastated.

I stand in the North Stand

Jack Whitehall on 06:02 - Aug 20 with 1126 viewsjackal

Jack Whitehall on 22:39 - Aug 19 by LeonWasGod

I don't think they can be called actresses now. They're all actors.

Not sure though. I can't keep track any more.
Jack Whitehall on 06:03 - Aug 20 with 1117 viewsE20Jack

Yet I bet those same people are the ones that want to change the now typecast role of Bond to a black man.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jack Whitehall on 06:24 - Aug 20 with 1112 viewsjackal

Jack Whitehall on 06:03 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

Yet I bet those same people are the ones that want to change the now typecast role of Bond to a black man.

Even Idris Elba has said he doesn't want the role just to be a token black man.
Jack Whitehall on 10:46 - Aug 20 with 993 viewsCatullus

Jack Whitehall on 06:03 - Aug 20 by E20Jack

There were people on tv (forget what the show is called) saying only a homosexual should play a homosexual but that Bond could be a black man or even a woman, they couldn't see the irony that they were arguing for AND against the same thing, which is th freedom of directors and producers to choose who is best for the role.
Nick Ferrari just went with Bond having to be a man because that is how the part was written and if people want a female Bond why doesn't someone just write a new book or film script with a female spy in it!!
To me Bond is a man as written. Him being fictional doesn't mean you can alter a huge part of the story.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Jack Whitehall on 15:01 - Aug 20 with 868 viewsjackal

Jack Whitehall on 10:46 - Aug 20 by Catullus

There were people on tv (forget what the show is called) saying only a homosexual should play a homosexual but that Bond could be a black man or even a woman, they couldn't see the irony that they were arguing for AND against the same thing, which is th freedom of directors and producers to choose who is best for the role.
Nick Ferrari just went with Bond having to be a man because that is how the part was written and if people want a female Bond why doesn't someone just write a new book or film script with a female spy in it!!
To me Bond is a man as written. Him being fictional doesn't mean you can alter a huge part of the story.

If a woman played Bond, she'd be bedding lots of men as part of the character.

Am I being sexist if I think that would be wrong?
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Whitehall on 15:02 - Aug 20 with 866 viewswaynekerr55

Jack Whitehall on 15:01 - Aug 20 by jackal

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jack Whitehall on 21:50 - Aug 20 with 763 viewsCatullus

I wonder what Shakespeare would have made of it, there again he'd have had Jack Whitehalll playing Pankhurst. Thinking on that, how long before the bard himself is outed as a sexist, racist pig......or did I miss it?

Jack Whitehall on 21:52 - Aug 20 with 760 viewsLeonWasGod

Jack Whitehall on 22:54 - Aug 19 by swanforthemoney

Not realistic. You mean they’ve been lying to me all these years? Devastated.

Apparently so. They have in my dreams too, so don’t feel too bad about it
Jack Whitehall on 23:19 - Aug 20 with 729 viewsLord_Bony

Jack Whitehall on 15:01 - Aug 20 by jackal

Octopussy 2 springs to mind.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024