Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader 00:12 - Aug 20 with 8721 viewsDarran

It has been almost two weeks since I was voted back in as Chair of the Swans Trust and I have to say that the two weeks have flown by in a flurry of activity not just for me but from the board at large.

One of the commitments that I made to the board when I was elected as Chair this time was that I would ensure that our communication increased — or should I say continues to increase as it has stepped up quite a bit over the past six months thanks to some excellent work from board members.

Clearly much of the focus of the Trust board at the moment is the continuation of the mediation process that kicked off back in May. It has been the advice of the legal advisors that we say little about this in the public domain at the moment, but I can assure all members that this is a big focus for us as a board and a fuller update will be provided soon. As I said I cannot give much away but there are some key dates in this process and some of these are looming large on the horizon which means that updates have to be provided as they pass, and the mediation takes the course that it needs to follow. Sorry if some of that sounds a little vague but I want to change this in the near future, just as soon as we are able to.

Elsewhere of course we have had to face up to the very relevant concerns of all fans around the club’s activity in the transfer window. We issued a statement that I hope everyone saw around this and have requested answers from the club’s majority owners which relate to the concerns being raised by everyone around the club’s finances and budgets. Whilst as an organisation we expect most accept that belts had to be tightened following relegation it does feel like we have taken that tightening too far and at the expense of the depth of the squad. It may be when these answers come back that we are not able to share them chapter and verse (due to confidentiality constraints) but I want everyone to be assured that the right questions are being asked in line with the concerns that have rightfully been raised. I would also add here that we have placed some deadlines on the owners for answers which is important to ensure that answers are forthcoming.

On the subject of the club we have also asked — through our Supporter Director — to obtain a page in the match-day programme. This is part of our aim to increase communication and whilst we wait for an answer we see no reason why the representatives of the supporters should not be granted this so watch this space. Whilst programme sales are nowhere near as high as maybe they used to be this is part of our programme to increase communications with members (and by default non-members as well) so that people get a greater understanding of what we are doing.

On another front I have been pleased to see positive feedback coming from many people renewing their memberships but also people coming back and becoming members again, maybe after a time where they have not been members. I would urge everyone who is not a member to consider becoming one particularly as I see some level of consultation process coming up and the only way to get your view counted is to actually be a member, so you have that all important vote. I do understand why people are reluctant to become members, but I hope that through communications like this and strong election statements that you will consider joining and supporting us as we try and progress as an organisation.

One of the things that we have been criticised for in the past has been Trust board members taking seats in the directors’ box on a matchday. This has been the subject of a wide discussion as a board and for now the majority (but by no means unanimous) view of the Trust board is that we should continue to take up our right to be represented. Stuart — as our Supporter Director — remains a director of the football club and should have his presence there with maybe 1 or 2 further Trust board members for support. It is up to every board member as individuals if they wish to attend when the opportunity arises, but it is important to stress that this continued presence is the majority view of the board at the moment but will be continually reviewed.

I mentioned Stuart above and I — and he — are aware of criticism over how we need to raise his profile. He is in agreement with me that this needs to happen and we will be working together to make sure that this happens. One of the things that we are looking at first is an online Q&A where he will take questions and answer them to the best of his ability. This will be a good session to undertake and whilst we won’t be aiming to hide behind ‘confidentiality’ rules I would ask people to understand that we cannot make public every little detail of the football club, the balance here is very difficult to achieve, but I hope that you see this to be a step in the right direction. In addition to the session with Stuart, there are plans for me to do one as Chair and then make these a more regular process stretching to other board members as another way of keeping members informed and having a greater understanding of the board.

Our next board meeting is scheduled for 3rd September at which I hope that we can get further clarity on the focus of the various sub groups that work within the Trust board. In particular I am excited to see some of the ideas that the communications and membership sub groups can come up with as these are both big focus areas for us.

Finally, for this update, there plans afoot to hold a member’s forum in the near future — provisionally we are looking at early September but this is a date to be confirmed but as soon as we know for certain we will let you know.

So anyway, that is the first of the regular Chairman’s Updates giving you updates on what we are working on and how things are progressing within the Trust. As ever I am keen to hear from members and non-members alike in terms of what you maybe have questions on or things you would like to hear updates about. I will reply to all e-mails just allow me some time to fit them in around all different commitments as well.

Phil Sumbler
Chairman, Swansea City Supporters Trust

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 1422 viewsJinxy

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 13:13 - Aug 20 by Darran

Innit? I have no idea what this eyes and ears is supposed to achieve either.
The previous SD was travelling to away games with the chairman of the football club when the sneaky fuçk was brokering the biggest deal in the history of the club behind his back.

Hello Darran. I understand what you are saying - I was at that EGM - was horrified to hear that particular protest and didn't buy it at the time to be honest.

However - this is a new start isn't it? A new Trust board, better transparency & communication, a manager who seems to realise the importance of properly connecting with the fans etc. (can't wait for the players opening night for Oklahoma in the Grand!). Yes it's the same SD but Phil has said in his communication that both he and Stuart recognise opportunities for improving communication etc. if I recall correctly.
I know what Michael Corleone would say about taking a seat in the director's box - keep your friends close, but...
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 17:05]
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 1365 viewsOldjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 14:10 - Aug 20 by Highjack

Apart from free food, drinks and other perks you’re right he won’t gain anything.

init ,far to much of this crap more than likely went on in the past ,hence no feathers were to be ruffled and certainly no call to arms when they the trust were shat on from a bloody great height by Treacherous Huw &co

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 18:50 - Aug 20 with 1339 viewsjasfan

A positive statement with a clear explanation of where the Trust is at the moment and what we can expect in the future.

Looking forward to the next member's forum.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 19:37 - Aug 20 with 1301 viewsWhiterockin

"One of the things that we have been criticised for in the past has been Trust board members taking seats in the directors’ box on a matchday. This has been the subject of a wide discussion as a board and for now the majority (but by no means unanimous) view of the Trust board is that we should continue to take up our right to be represented. Stuart — as our Supporter Director — remains a director of the football club and should have his presence there with maybe 1 or 2 further Trust board members for support. It is up to every board member as individuals if they wish to attend when the opportunity arises, but it is important to stress that this continued presence is the majority view of the board at the moment but will be continually reviewed"

If the trust is in the future going to be more open and transparent. What about every trust board member openly declaring any perks they receive. Example, seats in the directors box, complementary meals, complementary tickets, priority tickets for away matches ect. ect.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 19:39 - Aug 20 with 1300 viewsNookiejack

Just hope the Trust Board have got the legal team ready to apply for a court injunction to freeze the club’s ban accounts - should the Yanks start paying themselves excessive management fees - to their offshore company in Delaware.

On the face of it all the player sales are going to pay for player wages and Huw Jenkins and Pearlan’s salary (did someone also say on another thread that Dinesen was still receiving a fair chunk in consultancy fees as well).

All the parachute money can then be banked.

If the parachute money is then paid out in dividends then Trust will receive 21% whereas if all in Management Fees then Trust will receive zilch.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 20:54 - Aug 20 with 1249 viewsGaryjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 15:00 - Aug 20 by Darran

Well yes there is that.

Just for balance, Stu Mac is a season ticket holder in the East stand and watches 2/3rds of our games from there. He goes to the Directors box simply because he feels he has to at times due to his role. Not that i think he should be in that role mind, but he's no freeloader that's for sure.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:08 - Aug 20 with 1204 viewsWhiterockin

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 20:54 - Aug 20 by Garyjack

Just for balance, Stu Mac is a season ticket holder in the East stand and watches 2/3rds of our games from there. He goes to the Directors box simply because he feels he has to at times due to his role. Not that i think he should be in that role mind, but he's no freeloader that's for sure.

Where does he sit for away matches.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:12 - Aug 20 with 1192 viewsGaryjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:08 - Aug 20 by Whiterockin

Where does he sit for away matches.

Well he went on a coach from the Red Lion to Sheffield Utd and stood on the away end with his mates. He certainly doesn't sit with the sell outs that's for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:15 - Aug 20 with 1176 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 20:54 - Aug 20 by Garyjack

Listen Gar I’m not being funny mate but I can see straight into the Directors Box from where I sit and if he watches 2/3rds of our matches from the East Stand he must have an identical twin sitting in his seat in the Directors Box.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:18 - Aug 20 with 1161 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:15 - Aug 20 by Darran

Listen Gar I’m not being funny mate but I can see straight into the Directors Box from where I sit and if he watches 2/3rds of our matches from the East Stand he must have an identical twin sitting in his seat in the Directors Box.

I know for a fact he’d like to watch more games from the East Stand (and the away end for other games) than he does.

Poll: Tory leader

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 1149 viewsscruffyjack

If/when we start legal action against the current/former owners there’d be a fabulous atmosphere in the directors box, you’d sell hundreds of lottery tickets for a seat in there.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:24 - Aug 20 with 1142 viewsGaryjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:15 - Aug 20 by Darran

Must have Dar, because i sat/stood right next to him at least 5 times last season, and that's only because he loaned me his mates season ticket. I'm sure he must have taken up his seat many more times when i wasn't there. As i said, i do not think he suits the role, but he is NOT a freeloader.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:30 - Aug 20 with 1115 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:24 - Aug 20 by Garyjack

Must have Dar, because i sat/stood right next to him at least 5 times last season, and that's only because he loaned me his mates season ticket. I'm sure he must have taken up his seat many more times when i wasn't there. As i said, i do not think he suits the role, but he is NOT a freeloader.

Well I’m sorry but I see him in there at more or less every game.
There’s nothing wrong with my eyes and I know what I see.

I’m out. 👋🏻

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:33 - Aug 20 with 1109 viewsPhil_S

The truth as always lies somewhere in the middle

As Clasey says Stu would rather sit in the East (and the away end) more often

However, he is a strong believer in the Trust presence in the directors box and knows that, in his role as SD, that should more often than not come down on his shoulders

If I was to guesstimate (based on previous experience) he will probably be in the directors box for around 2/3 of home games and maybe 50% of the away games he attends
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:48 - Aug 20 with 1077 viewsGaryjack

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:33 - Aug 20 by Phil_S

The truth as always lies somewhere in the middle

As Clasey says Stu would rather sit in the East (and the away end) more often

However, he is a strong believer in the Trust presence in the directors box and knows that, in his role as SD, that should more often than not come down on his shoulders

If I was to guesstimate (based on previous experience) he will probably be in the directors box for around 2/3 of home games and maybe 50% of the away games he attends

Wherever he sits Phil, he doesn't do it to freeload which is what has been implied. Good guy is Stu, no matter what his stance on things are.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 21:49]
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:52 - Aug 20 with 1063 viewsbuilthjack

Can't Stu come on here and speak for himself?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:52 - Aug 20 with 1063 viewsPhil_S

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:48 - Aug 20 by Garyjack

Wherever he sits Phil, he doesn't do it to freeload which is what has been implied. Good guy is Stu, no matter what his stance on things are.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 21:49]

Oh he certainly doesn't do it to freeload
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:58 - Aug 20 with 1049 viewsYossarian

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 11:29 - Aug 20 by Darran

He’s never going to gain anything from sitting in the Directors Box regardless of what anyone says.

Agreed. He needs to raise his game. I’m tired of the platitudes and excuses.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:04 - Aug 20 with 1028 viewsYossarian

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:52 - Aug 20 by builthjack

This. If he doesn’t appreciate the need for this, and that his performance in this respect has been lamentable, then frankly he doesn’t deserve to be the representative on the Board.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:05 - Aug 20 with 1026 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:58 - Aug 20 by Yossarian

Agreed. He needs to raise his game. I’m tired of the platitudes and excuses.

I’ve met Stuart several times over the years and he’s always been very nice but he’s been SD for nearly two years and nobody’s heard a peep from him.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:23 - Aug 20 with 982 viewsLeonWasGod

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 06:51 - Aug 20 by bermudajack

Benefits ? Such as?

Such as being with the owners/board and seeing what the feckers are up to. Or building bridges as they were supposed to be doing. The Trust (often rightly) gets a lot of stick, but they shouldn’t for this as it’s the least they should be doing. The focus on this aspect we often here about on here sounds like jealousy to me. It’s not an issue, it’s part of the role of representing a fifth stake in a multi-million £ business.
The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:28 - Aug 20 with 971 viewsDarran

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:23 - Aug 20 by LeonWasGod

Such as being with the owners/board and seeing what the feckers are up to. Or building bridges as they were supposed to be doing. The Trust (often rightly) gets a lot of stick, but they shouldn’t for this as it’s the least they should be doing. The focus on this aspect we often here about on here sounds like jealousy to me. It’s not an issue, it’s part of the role of representing a fifth stake in a multi-million £ business.

How is he going to see what the feckers are up to on a match day?
Do you think he’s privy to the conversations that go on between the owners and the chairman?

He only sees and hears what they want him to see and hear.that’s beem proven FFS.

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:44 - Aug 20 with 949 viewsbonymine

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 22:04 - Aug 20 by Yossarian

This. If he doesn’t appreciate the need for this, and that his performance in this respect has been lamentable, then frankly he doesn’t deserve to be the representative on the Board.

This 100%.

Stu Mac has done absolutely NOTHING WHATSOEVER to promote himself/his role/his aspirations for the Trust and the Club going forward.

Deafening silence from the SD who is supposed to represent THE FANS on the Board but at the present time the person and the ‘role’ itself appears to be totally invisible and effectively meaningless in the grand scheme of things ??

Mediation don’t make me laugh !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 23:22 - Aug 20 with 908 viewsE20Jack

So has anyone actually put forward reasons why The Trust should not exercise their right?

....Apart from people being slightly envious and wanting free day out themselves?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 00:19 - Aug 21 with 863 viewschad

The Trust Website is shit so here’s the statement from our Leader on 21:52 - Aug 20 by builthjack

Or openly communicate in any way with the supporters whose shares give his seat on the Board and whom he is supposed to represent, not repress.

As suggested the value of taking up a place with the other directors on match day is inversely related to non cynical kowtowing

Perhaps a Trust forum would allow him to communicate within the bounds of non abusive but direct and determined questioning, and could open up real communication with Trust members and all supporters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024