Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs man on loan? 11:37 - Aug 20 with 19413 viewsDaithejack

Coming here on loan according to Talk S#%t
https://talksport.com/football/efl/412930/tottenham-defender-cameron-carter-vick

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Spurs man on loan? on 19:00 - Aug 20 with 4240 viewsperplex

Spurs man on loan? on 16:59 - Aug 20 by A_Fans_Dad

£20,000 a week?

Don`t worry Levien and Kaplan are now concentrating on earning as much for them selves as possible out there investment, they will not be allowing £20,000 a week wage.
Spurs man on loan? on 19:04 - Aug 20 with 4224 viewsthornabyswan

Spurs man on loan? on 17:45 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Unless Spurs will be paying most of his reported £20,000 week wages he won't be coming here.

I read that post without looking at the poster and guessed it was you.
Pretty impressive don't you think.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Spurs man on loan? on 19:19 - Aug 20 with 4173 viewsstAteSwan

Spurs man on loan? on 11:49 - Aug 20 by omarjack

Someone here who claimed to know details from behind the scenes, told me 3-4 weeks ago that we're negotiating a deal for him.

This is looking probable.

I've never seen him play, Not surprising as I didn't really have a reason to follow the Championship until recently. Can someone enlighten us?

He spent the first half of last season with Sheff Utd, and the 2nd half with Ipswich.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 11:51]

Keep in mind I have only seen him play with both the U20 and Senior National Team in the states.

He's a physical presence. Good in the air. Probably the strongest dealing with set pieces. Has Championship Experience, and from everything we've been told, impressed at both Sheffield and Ipswich.

Weakness: I have never been a fan of his man marking. I think he is one of those players who is destined to make a career out of the 2nd tier. His biggest weaknesses with the United States youth set ups was dealing with the speed of the Latin American and South American sides we faced. Typical with any youth, he was caught out of position a few too many times for my liking, though he's improved markedly in the last year in that area. Not really pertinent, but he missed a critical penalty 3 years ago that kept the US U20's out of the World Cup Semifinals.

Advantage is, the US National Team setup is very youth heavy right now. Guys like Carter Vickers are getting regular call ups now, and he's expected to feature in World Cup Qualifying when it resumes for 2022. He needs to be somewhere where he can play regularly to maintain that spot. Made his full Senior team debut in November 2017 against Portugal
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 19:20]
Spurs man on loan? on 19:25 - Aug 20 with 4132 viewsLoyal

Spurs man on loan? on 19:19 - Aug 20 by stAteSwan

Keep in mind I have only seen him play with both the U20 and Senior National Team in the states.

He's a physical presence. Good in the air. Probably the strongest dealing with set pieces. Has Championship Experience, and from everything we've been told, impressed at both Sheffield and Ipswich.

Weakness: I have never been a fan of his man marking. I think he is one of those players who is destined to make a career out of the 2nd tier. His biggest weaknesses with the United States youth set ups was dealing with the speed of the Latin American and South American sides we faced. Typical with any youth, he was caught out of position a few too many times for my liking, though he's improved markedly in the last year in that area. Not really pertinent, but he missed a critical penalty 3 years ago that kept the US U20's out of the World Cup Semifinals.

Advantage is, the US National Team setup is very youth heavy right now. Guys like Carter Vickers are getting regular call ups now, and he's expected to feature in World Cup Qualifying when it resumes for 2022. He needs to be somewhere where he can play regularly to maintain that spot. Made his full Senior team debut in November 2017 against Portugal

Good info, cheers.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Spurs man on loan? on 19:25 - Aug 20 with 4128 viewspencoedjack

Spurs man on loan? on 19:19 - Aug 20 by stAteSwan

Call me disrespectful but I can’t listen/read a Yanks opinion on anything to do with ‘soccer’
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 19:28]
Spurs man on loan? on 22:19 - Aug 20 with 3948 viewsSirjohnalot

Spurs man on loan? on 19:25 - Aug 20 by pencoedjack

Call me disrespectful but I can’t listen/read a Yanks opinion on anything to do with ‘soccer’

Another person gives an insightful comment and opinion and is met with bizarre rudeness. What’s wrong with people on here ?
Spurs man on loan? on 22:25 - Aug 20 with 3910 viewsLeonWasGod

He’s a good player and surprisingly technical given his size. Would be a good fit.
Spurs man on loan? on 23:19 - Aug 20 with 3804 viewsploppy

You're disrespectful. There.
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs man on loan? on 00:24 - Aug 21 with 3737 viewsstAteSwan

Yet accidental rudeness at a quite alarming rate these days.

I’m not pretending to be an expert, but since CCV has features heavily in the youth setup for the US national team, there’s a much greater chance that the people who have seen him play here us “yanks”. I would imagine an Ipswich or Sheffield supporter would know more.

Also, I detest the word Soccer.
Spurs man on loan? on 19:18 - Aug 21 with 3465 viewsAJ101

Spurs man on loan? on 12:22 - Aug 20 by pencoedjack

I hope he’s better than the last defender we had from Spurs who also played for Shef Utd

He's much more like the previous defender of ours you had on loan, for good and bad he's better on the ball mind but his turning circle might be even worse if that's possible.

I've never seen him play as a defensive midfielder but I think he'd be pretty poor there.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 19:19]
Spurs man on loan? on 13:46 - Aug 22 with 3226 viewsawayjack

Rumour Leeds have enquired to sort out their CB injury issues. Why does it take us so long to any sort of new player deals over the line? We manage to get rid of 4-5 players in a day?
Spurs man on loan? on 13:52 - Aug 22 with 3189 viewsLoyal

Spurs man on loan? on 13:46 - Aug 22 by awayjack

Rumour Leeds have enquired to sort out their CB injury issues. Why does it take us so long to any sort of new player deals over the line? We manage to get rid of 4-5 players in a day?

Because Huw is a ponderous boring idiot. Saving on a week's wages by leaving it late.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Spurs man on loan? on 14:36 - Aug 22 with 3038 viewsTheResurrection

Spurs man on loan? on 13:52 - Aug 22 by Loyal

Because Huw is a ponderous boring idiot. Saving on a week's wages by leaving it late.

Or the boys got lots of options and he's weighing them up. FFS have a day off.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Spurs man on loan? on 14:41 - Aug 22 with 3008 viewsthornabyswan

Spurs man on loan? on 14:36 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

This is true players and clubs will hang on till the last minute and wait for the best deal.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Spurs man on loan? on 14:58 - Aug 22 with 2932 viewscostalotta

Spurs man on loan? on 14:36 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

Is that why Huw, when in his role as chairman of the club voted against moving the end date date of the transfer window to before the start of the EPL season, last season? Do you remember?

On one day Clement was saying it should close before start of the season, then when vote took place we we’re one of only a couple who voted against. Now then Rus engage your brain for a second and ask yourself why did he want to keep it at the end of the month, 3 weeks into the season? Yet his manager didn’t?
Spurs man on loan? on 16:03 - Aug 22 with 2798 viewsTheResurrection

Spurs man on loan? on 14:58 - Aug 22 by costalotta

Is that why Huw, when in his role as chairman of the club voted against moving the end date date of the transfer window to before the start of the EPL season, last season? Do you remember?

On one day Clement was saying it should close before start of the season, then when vote took place we we’re one of only a couple who voted against. Now then Rus engage your brain for a second and ask yourself why did he want to keep it at the end of the month, 3 weeks into the season? Yet his manager didn’t?

Engage my brain?? There could be a multitude of reasons why the Club voted that way but none of them are relevant to the point, or point scoring you're trying to make.

There will still be a last day you numpty and players and club's will still hang out til the last minute.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Spurs man on loan? on 16:43 - Aug 22 with 2681 viewscostalotta

Spurs man on loan? on 16:03 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

Engage my brain?? There could be a multitude of reasons why the Club voted that way but none of them are relevant to the point, or point scoring you're trying to make.

There will still be a last day you numpty and players and club's will still hang out til the last minute.

Calm down! Has Huw not told you the reasons then? Lol

Yes, engage your brain...

Obviously you didn’t then but as you’ve already stated the obvious (players having options) and not adding anything new, or anything that anyone doesn’t know I’m not surprised. I was merely trying to get you to see the bigger picture/think outside of the box my friend.

By the way not point scoring, I really don’t need to but the point is totally relevant to the discussion. But if you can’t see it, you can’t see it fella!
Spurs man on loan? on 17:27 - Aug 22 with 2567 viewsTheResurrection

Spurs man on loan? on 16:43 - Aug 22 by costalotta

Calm down! Has Huw not told you the reasons then? Lol

Yes, engage your brain...

Obviously you didn’t then but as you’ve already stated the obvious (players having options) and not adding anything new, or anything that anyone doesn’t know I’m not surprised. I was merely trying to get you to see the bigger picture/think outside of the box my friend.

By the way not point scoring, I really don’t need to but the point is totally relevant to the discussion. But if you can’t see it, you can’t see it fella!

Fack, you really didn't have any point at all did you. Instead you crashed and burned and waffled on instead.

Standard

Spurs man on loan? on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 2491 viewsCaptain_Sham

Spurs man on loan? on 00:24 - Aug 21 by stAteSwan

Yet accidental rudeness at a quite alarming rate these days.

I’m not pretending to be an expert, but since CCV has features heavily in the youth setup for the US national team, there’s a much greater chance that the people who have seen him play here us “yanks”. I would imagine an Ipswich or Sheffield supporter would know more.

Also, I detest the word Soccer.

II wouldn't worry about what that moron thinks. He's a fking imbecile, and that's being harsh on imbeciles.

Its just a ride.

Spurs man on loan? on 18:30 - Aug 22 with 2405 viewsicecoldjack

Very disrespectful comment there pencoed, not like you .
Spurs man on loan? on 19:32 - Aug 22 with 2247 viewsNeath_Jack

One thing that i hope doesn't happen, if we sign this bloke and end up playing him, just because he's from a big club.

For me, Rodon hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped, so it's his shirt until he does something to be dropped. So let's hope this new chap doesn't mind sitting on our bench.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Spurs man on loan? on 21:01 - Aug 22 with 2075 viewspencoedjack

Spurs man on loan? on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

One thing that i hope doesn't happen, if we sign this bloke and end up playing him, just because he's from a big club.

For me, Rodon hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped, so it's his shirt until he does something to be dropped. So let's hope this new chap doesn't mind sitting on our bench.

Totally agree

Thought Joe made a few errors last night ( totally outweighed by another very good performance) but he’s a young lad stepping up to a proper league & hes a Jack so allowed a lot of slack imo
Spurs man on loan? on 07:50 - Aug 23 with 1844 viewsdcd14

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45275957
Spurs man on loan? on 08:01 - Aug 23 with 1803 viewsKrisP

Spurs man on loan? on 14:58 - Aug 22 by costalotta

Maybe he voted against it because it's a stupid idea to voluntarily vote to handicap yourself by preventing yourself buying players while clubs abroad can still poach yours?

I don't even get the argument that it was a money saving thing. If deadline day is earlier and we were selling more than buying, an earlier deadline day would mean those players would likely be off our books sooner?
Spurs man on loan? on 08:03 - Aug 23 with 1800 viewsjack247

Spurs man on loan? on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

You’re right, Rodon has been excellent, but it’s a hell of an ask for a 20 year old with a few games for Cheltenham to step up and play 40 odd games in the Championship. Even injury free, he is bound to get fatigued or lose form at some point. Same could be said to differing degrees for a few of our young first team.

We need cover/competition down the spine of the team at the very least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024