Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 11:51 - Aug 20 with 3620 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Any news on him , is he due back sooner rather than later ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bony on 11:56 - Aug 20 with 3588 viewsomarjack

He's "nearing fitness"..what does that mean exactly I'm not sure.

But Potter said that he'll be joining the group soon, and he'll assess the situation and see whether he'll be part of our plans or not.

Which of course translates into, if he's fit within the next few weeks then he's a goner, if he's not then we'll be stuck with him.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bony on 12:00 - Aug 20 with 3575 viewsjasper_T

I'd heard mid October but then Fer was early/mid September so who knows, really.
Bony on 12:02 - Aug 20 with 3558 viewspencoedjack

Bony on 11:56 - Aug 20 by omarjack

But Potter said that he'll be joining the group soon, and he'll assess the situation and see whether he'll be part of our plans or not.

Which of course translates into, if he's fit within the next few weeks then he's a goner, if he's not then we'll be stuck with him.

I’d be amazed if anyone took a risk on him this window.

How long is his contract?
Bony on 12:03 - Aug 20 with 3537 viewsSwansea93

I really hope he stays he'd hold the ball up for us in matches something we've been missing badly.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Bony on 12:06 - Aug 20 with 3516 viewsHugeEnkins

Bony on 12:02 - Aug 20 by pencoedjack

A year to go apparently
Bony on 12:06 - Aug 20 with 3509 viewsomarjack

Bony on 12:02 - Aug 20 by pencoedjack

He signed a 2 years contract with an option for a 3rd to be activated by the club.

So if he goes on loan, we can either lose him for free next year, or activate the contract extension and risk it, hoping we'll be able to get a decent fee for him.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bony on 12:14 - Aug 20 with 3469 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Much needed .

Another Poor position to be in .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bony on 12:20 - Aug 20 with 3413 viewsJFSwan

Being fit enough to play and fit enough to play well are 2 different things for Wilf. Was only just hitting his stride when he got injured and took a good few games of looking useless
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 12:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 12:26 - Aug 20 with 3364 viewsSwans9

He was in the Vue cinema last night watching the equaliser 2. Think that he is back in training about a month away from a first team return.
Bony on 12:45 - Aug 20 with 3263 viewsairedale

I thought he had an ACL injury which occurred last February, and that it took about a year before you’re fit again. Don’t know if that’s right though.
Bony on 12:53 - Aug 20 with 3223 viewsJacket

If anyone will take him, make no mistake, Huw will get the next available private jet ready to take him there within a blink of an eye. Otherwise he'll pray he has a good first half of the season before palming him off on the very first day of the January window.
Bony on 12:55 - Aug 20 with 3207 viewsLoyal

Bony on 11:56 - Aug 20 by omarjack

I've been nearing fitness for 30 years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bony on 12:57 - Aug 20 with 3196 viewsSwan91

will join the team soon (so maybe 1 month away.. or 1month and a half).

Actually excited to see him back, reckon if he gets fit and is used well he can score quite a few goals for us! we have fast wingers now who can run on to balls.. so having him hold up a little and make through balls to them.. he can open up quite a bit.

also we have quite a few crosses these days so I'm sure he can get a few headers in.
Bony on 13:39 - Aug 20 with 3001 viewsBadlands

Wages are the only problem but even at his rate it would be cheaper / cost effective than trying to bring in a player of anywhere near his capability.
If's he's 60% fit and willing to stay he has to stay in my opinion.

But we need another capable goal getter.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bony on 13:40 - Aug 20 with 2999 viewsdobjack2

Bony on 12:57 - Aug 20 by Swan91

will join the team soon (so maybe 1 month away.. or 1month and a half).

Actually excited to see him back, reckon if he gets fit and is used well he can score quite a few goals for us! we have fast wingers now who can run on to balls.. so having him hold up a little and make through balls to them.. he can open up quite a bit.

also we have quite a few crosses these days so I'm sure he can get a few headers in.

Expect he will be shipped out at the earliest opportunity to anybody prepared to pay half of his wages.
Bony on 15:11 - Aug 20 with 2836 viewsawayjack

Hopefully Oct but he’s always bullish about when he’ll return. He said last June he expected to be fit for pre-season. Hope we don’t use his optimism as excuse not to sign some quality at CF as it’s nuts to expect Ollie to be sole striker until Jan.
Bony on 15:19 - Aug 20 with 2791 views34dfgdf54

Potter said he's nearly back to full training, I was hoping we could see cameos from him by the Stoke/Boro game, maybe that's being too hopeful.
Bony on 15:30 - Aug 20 with 2754 viewsawayjack

Bony on 15:19 - Aug 20 by 34dfgdf54

Potter said he's nearly back to full training, I was hoping we could see cameos from him by the Stoke/Boro game, maybe that's being too hopeful.

Ah I missed GP saying he’s fit. Good news if he can stay fit even as bench cover for Ollie.
Bony on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 2605 viewsQuincy999

I had my ACL and meniscus operated on 2 weeks before Bony. I am at the stage I can play non contact football i.e. no tackling. If he has had no problems in his rehabilitation we may hear noises of him getting involved in the matchday squad come October and he may start late November or December. Unfortunately it is not an injury you can make recovery from much quicker than 9 months no matter how hard you work at it.
Bony on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 2312 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony on 16:27 - Aug 20 by Quincy999

I had my ACL and meniscus operated on 2 weeks before Bony. I am at the stage I can play non contact football i.e. no tackling. If he has had no problems in his rehabilitation we may hear noises of him getting involved in the matchday squad come October and he may start late November or December. Unfortunately it is not an injury you can make recovery from much quicker than 9 months no matter how hard you work at it.

I'm not doubting what you say but he would have full time rehab and physio as he's a professional. Won't that make a difference or is it strictly a time thing ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 2291 viewsjasper_T

Bony on 20:45 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm not doubting what you say but he would have full time rehab and physio as he's a professional. Won't that make a difference or is it strictly a time thing ?

Unless he's getting some chemical assistance on top rehab and physio won't significantly decrease healing time.
Bony on 20:54 - Aug 20 with 2258 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony on 20:47 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Unless he's getting some chemical assistance on top rehab and physio won't significantly decrease healing time.

OK , thanks Jasper.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024