Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another political stitch up 10:17 - Aug 21 with 1493 viewsCatullus

It seems the WAG, or at least Carwyn Jones and his cronies don't want the Carl Sargeant Inquiry to be very enquiring! They don't want it being public, the Sargeant family to be there or their lawyer to question witnesses either.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/carl-sargeants-widow-launches-high-1

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Another political stitch up on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 1407 viewsmajorraglan

There is a quote in the article about the enquiry being established to “give independent scrutiny of the actions and decisions” of the First Minister, to my mind, in order to satisfy those requirements there needs to be transparency and scrutiny that can only come from having it observed or held in public.
Victims of rape have their anonymity preserved in criminal trials, so it shouldn’t be difficult to take steps to ensure that the women involved in this enquiry have their rights protected.

In order to have good governance, there needs to be freedom of information, freedom of the press, a strong judicial system and transparency, if we don’t have the above then politicians and governments can try to avoid being held to account.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 12:04]
Another political stitch up on 12:53 - Aug 21 with 1369 viewsCatullus

Another political stitch up on 12:03 - Aug 21 by majorraglan

There is a quote in the article about the enquiry being established to “give independent scrutiny of the actions and decisions” of the First Minister, to my mind, in order to satisfy those requirements there needs to be transparency and scrutiny that can only come from having it observed or held in public.
Victims of rape have their anonymity preserved in criminal trials, so it shouldn’t be difficult to take steps to ensure that the women involved in this enquiry have their rights protected.

In order to have good governance, there needs to be freedom of information, freedom of the press, a strong judicial system and transparency, if we don’t have the above then politicians and governments can try to avoid being held to account.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 12:04]

I believe that is exactly what Carwyn Jones is trying to do, to avoid being held to account. I also believe that's why he announced his retirement, not because it was always planned but because he was worried about his chickens coming home to roost and being paraded in public

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Another political stitch up on 13:49 - Aug 21 with 1332 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Absolutely shocking, Transparency? Yeah right.
Another political stitch up on 14:11 - Aug 21 with 1310 viewsBadlands

There will be significant details that both sides may want heard in private.
If there is an inquiry and the result is published then justice is served.
Real life and Jeremy Kyle are and should be worlds apart.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Another political stitch up on 15:16 - Aug 21 with 1258 viewsHighjack

Another political stitch up on 14:11 - Aug 21 by Badlands

Sensitive info should be kept out of the public domain of course but the widows complaints are that vital witnesses and her own QC are being excluded from being involved, probably for political reasons.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another political stitch up on 16:13 - Aug 21 with 1207 viewsmajorraglan

Another political stitch up on 14:11 - Aug 21 by Badlands

Highjack is on the money. I am not advocating a Jeremy Kyle free for all and you cannot assume that just because an enquiry is completed and the results published that justice is served. If an investigation is given narrow terms of reference, then it is possible to limit its scope and effectiveness and potentially influence its outcome. Transparency is essential in all investigations involving government.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024