Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simply brilliant 21:48 - Aug 21 with 4433 viewsSmellyplumz

Ladies and gents the good times are back... What a performance, brilliant stuff and unlucky not to win. Who needs the premiership (except Huw).

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Simply brilliant on 21:53 - Aug 21 with 4376 viewsicecoldjack

It was a great game, 2 good teams trying to play it the right way, potter is doing a fantastic job, if the board actually back him we could do even better.

So refreshing to see us try and play the right way, the result wasn't the most important thing tonight for me, the performance and belief those young boys will take is far more important .

Great game from all tonight .
Simply brilliant on 21:55 - Aug 21 with 4364 viewsSmellyplumz

Simply brilliant on 21:53 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

It was a great game, 2 good teams trying to play it the right way, potter is doing a fantastic job, if the board actually back him we could do even better.

So refreshing to see us try and play the right way, the result wasn't the most important thing tonight for me, the performance and belief those young boys will take is far more important .

Great game from all tonight .

Couldn't agree more... Great stuff tonight very reminiscent of our journey to the prem.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Simply brilliant on 22:11 - Aug 21 with 4225 viewsicecoldjack

Important to get players in to help the effort, maximum pressure needs to be put on the board here, potter has shown great tactical awareness and beilsa gave him the respect by changing it as early.as 25 minutes and using all his subs early to counter us.
Simply brilliant on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 4173 viewsSmellyplumz

Simply brilliant on 22:11 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

Important to get players in to help the effort, maximum pressure needs to be put on the board here, potter has shown great tactical awareness and beilsa gave him the respect by changing it as early.as 25 minutes and using all his subs early to counter us.

Again agreed but I fear the board will short change potter now we doing well. Time will tell.

Simply brilliant on 22:18 - Aug 21 with 4099 viewslifelong

Brilliant game, isn’t it great to be going to the Liberty again and enjoying the football.

Disappointed in the end that we didn’t win it..superb stuff.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:45]
Simply brilliant on 22:19 - Aug 21 with 4077 viewsSmellyplumz

Simply brilliant on 22:18 - Aug 21 by lifelong

Brilliant game, isn’t it great to be going to the Liberty again and enjoying the football.

Disappointed in the end that we didn’t win it..superb stuff.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:45]

Spot on Rog

Simply brilliant on 22:21 - Aug 21 with 4061 viewsAndy1300

I would rather what we saw tonight than the dross we endured last season, even if its not the prem

Number 1 team in Wales

Simply brilliant on 22:46 - Aug 21 with 3833 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Simply brilliant on 22:21 - Aug 21 by Andy1300

I would rather what we saw tonight than the dross we endured last season, even if its not the prem

I think this is what a lot of people were hoping would happen when we went down - however things were a lot different last Friday night

Good to see some youngsters from the academy going toe to toe with one of the favourites for the league. Let’s just try to enjoy the football this season no matter how much we argue about the off field shenanigans

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Simply brilliant on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 3743 viewsSwansea93

You know when you get that feeling something good is going to happen, I had that tonight watching our young team perform like that.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Simply brilliant on 22:59 - Aug 21 with 3709 viewsraynor94

Ah well Plumz, you must be glad you are losing your money

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Simply brilliant on 22:59 - Aug 21 with 3702 viewsmagicdaps10

I would feel that if we had a board willing to back the manager.

I think Potter can do something here, he is doing a good job thus far under disgusting circumstances, imagine what he could do with a bit of support?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Simply brilliant on 23:37 - Aug 21 with 3488 viewsSmellyplumz

Simply brilliant on 22:59 - Aug 21 by raynor94

Ah well Plumz, you must be glad you are losing your money

Honestly Rayns if we have this all season I'll happily lose the 50quid... Besides I'm going to cash out early and put it on us going up as champions.

Simply brilliant on 23:41 - Aug 21 with 3451 viewsSgorioFruit

Naughton needs to go.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Simply brilliant on 07:04 - Aug 22 with 3144 viewsLoyal

Simply brilliant on 23:41 - Aug 21 by SgorioFruit

Naughton needs to go.

And Carroll 😂😂😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Simply brilliant on 07:10 - Aug 22 with 3125 viewsbuilthjack

Naughton and Carroll don't fit the jigsaw.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Simply brilliant on 07:27 - Aug 22 with 3076 viewsCaptain_Sham

Simply brilliant on 23:41 - Aug 21 by SgorioFruit

Naughton needs to go.

You need to go..

Its just a ride.

Simply brilliant on 07:48 - Aug 22 with 2999 views34dfgdf54

Simply brilliant on 07:10 - Aug 22 by builthjack

Naughton and Carroll don't fit the jigsaw.

Was Naughtons first game in a while, I thought Ollson was the weak link defensively if I'm being honest, but Naughton panicked at times I agree.

Carroll for me isn't strong enough to compete, I said it's a clean slate this season, but apart from a decent half against Sheff Utd he hasn't done anything to change my mind as of yet.
Simply brilliant on 07:52 - Aug 22 with 2979 viewsMattG

Simply brilliant on 07:48 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

Was Naughtons first game in a while, I thought Ollson was the weak link defensively if I'm being honest, but Naughton panicked at times I agree.

Carroll for me isn't strong enough to compete, I said it's a clean slate this season, but apart from a decent half against Sheff Utd he hasn't done anything to change my mind as of yet.

I felt Olsson was coasting - late back from the WC and nobody really putting any pressure on his position. OK going forward but not good enough defensively. Maybe if John can get himself into contention, Olsson will get back to where he was when he first arrived.

EDIT to add that, overall, it was a great performance - as others have said, it was fantastic to see us play with so much freedom and going toe-to-toe with one of the best in the division. 3 decent loan signings (CB, DM, ST) and we'll do well.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 7:53]
Simply brilliant on 07:54 - Aug 22 with 2965 views34dfgdf54

Simply brilliant on 07:52 - Aug 22 by MattG

I felt Olsson was coasting - late back from the WC and nobody really putting any pressure on his position. OK going forward but not good enough defensively. Maybe if John can get himself into contention, Olsson will get back to where he was when he first arrived.

EDIT to add that, overall, it was a great performance - as others have said, it was fantastic to see us play with so much freedom and going toe-to-toe with one of the best in the division. 3 decent loan signings (CB, DM, ST) and we'll do well.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 7:53]

Problem is I think John's notoriously weak defensively looking at reviews of him from fans of his former clubs.

Who plays left back in the Under 23s? Rodon has taken to it like a duck to water, I know he made a mistake for the goal yesterday, but VDH left him exposed commiting to the challenge on the touch line and gettig rolled. Very impressed with the lad.
Simply brilliant on 07:58 - Aug 22 with 2945 viewsMattG

Simply brilliant on 07:54 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

Problem is I think John's notoriously weak defensively looking at reviews of him from fans of his former clubs.

Who plays left back in the Under 23s? Rodon has taken to it like a duck to water, I know he made a mistake for the goal yesterday, but VDH left him exposed commiting to the challenge on the touch line and gettig rolled. Very impressed with the lad.

I only mentioned John as presumably that was one of the reasons he was brought in.

If one of the U23s can do a better job then why bother signing John, particularly if money is as tight as it seems to be?
Simply brilliant on 08:01 - Aug 22 with 2937 views34dfgdf54

Simply brilliant on 07:58 - Aug 22 by MattG

I only mentioned John as presumably that was one of the reasons he was brought in.

If one of the U23s can do a better job then why bother signing John, particularly if money is as tight as it seems to be?

True.

Not sure if he's the answer if I'm being honest, but Potter has done well so far with his transfer dealings so if he thinks he's good enough to step in, then that's good enough for me.
Simply brilliant on 08:04 - Aug 22 with 2923 viewsMagic_Michu

Aaron Lewis at left back for the U-23’s seems to be one of our most promising youngsters

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Simply brilliant on 12:39 - Aug 22 with 2620 viewsjasper_T

Simply brilliant on 08:04 - Aug 22 by Magic_Michu

Aaron Lewis at left back for the U-23’s seems to be one of our most promising youngsters

Unfortunately he's a right back playing out of position because there's no out and out left backs in the development squads until you get down to Matthew Blake, who got a few games for the u23s as a taster at the end of last season, and picked up an injury in preseason.

Aaron's got a decent left foot on him but the way Potter played Grimes and Blair (natural left footers) at left back on tour paints a picture.

Olsson's competition is John (poor defender), Jordi Govea (two injuries and counting, complete unknown quantity) and Matt Grimes (oh no).
Simply brilliant on 15:29 - Aug 22 with 2472 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Simply brilliant on 12:39 - Aug 22 by jasper_T

Unfortunately he's a right back playing out of position because there's no out and out left backs in the development squads until you get down to Matthew Blake, who got a few games for the u23s as a taster at the end of last season, and picked up an injury in preseason.

Aaron's got a decent left foot on him but the way Potter played Grimes and Blair (natural left footers) at left back on tour paints a picture.

Olsson's competition is John (poor defender), Jordi Govea (two injuries and counting, complete unknown quantity) and Matt Grimes (oh no).

Fantastic game and atmosphere lastnight. Thought we were going to get a hammering before the game. A sign of how well we played was, we were all disappointed with a point driving back home. Potter needs reinforcements, striker, dm and a ch, but with the shower Thats running this club atm, im not holding my breath. Bring on Bristol city.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024