Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer 22:27 - Aug 21 with 4814 viewsDr_Winston

It's not the spectacular things. There were no pinpoint crosses, showy crossfield balls or defence splitting passes. We know he can do all that. We've seen it before.

Tonight it was all about that extra bit of strength in the challenge, or the ability to ride tackles out that either helped us win or keep possession where in other games this season we've been too weak to do so. Of course, him doing all that freed Celina up to have perhaps his most all out attacking performance since he got here. They complemented each other very well indeed.

We have to keep Leroy fit and find someone else to do that job when he's not. Do that plus get some help for Oli and there's f*ck all in this division we need to be worried about.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer on 22:33 - Aug 21 with 3602 viewsicecoldjack

He was holding players off like Bony in his prime, it's an inspired choice as a captain by potter, Leroy clearly looks to be thriving on the responsibility.

He's a beast of a player and many don't even regard his injury as a main reason of our relegationbwhich quite frankly is mad, once we lost him there was zero strength,guile or bite in our midfield, it was evident tonight when he went off too.

Had his haters but could be an absolutely massive influence on this young team. Great effort by our new captain.
Fer on 22:41 - Aug 21 with 3522 viewsawayjack

Outstanding. Agree he seems stronger and more disciplined. Capt seems to suit him. McBurnie deserved MOM but Fer not far behind. He’ll be huge this season if he stays fit.
Fer on 22:42 - Aug 21 with 3507 viewsItchySphincter

Leroy Fer has consistently been one of our best players since he arrived. He's been slagged off for being lazy when he's probably the best actual footballer we have. The South Korean Beckham playing for Newcastle is not fit to lace his boots.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 3504 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fer should have been MoM. The difference his size, close control and strength to hold off players is massive to our game. He goes down with no replacement, we will be lightweight again

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Fer on 22:45 - Aug 21 with 3457 viewsmagicdaps10

Was excellent.

Experience and strength, what we lacked at Bham and we all seen the difference.

Again

What happens if he gets injured? This is why getting players in is so important.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fer on 22:46 - Aug 21 with 3449 viewsTheKirkyLife

Big personality, big player. I know he went missing sometimes last season but I agree with most - giving him the Captain's armband seems inspired.
Fer on 22:48 - Aug 21 with 3432 viewsMagic_Michu

It shows the difference in quality between the Premier League and Championship.

Fer is an average Premier League player but is probably one of the best players in the championship.

Shame he needed to come off for the the useless Carrol... is was convinced we would lose 3-2 as soon as that happened! We lost control of midfield straight away.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Fer on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 3379 viewsRancid

We've missed him ever since that horrible day him and Bony were crocked.Never thought we would but our midfield consisted of a bunch of fairies without him.Carroll, Ki and Sanches.

Fer is usually always confident and running at you and if Mcburnie or Celina can click with him and form a 3 then that's got to be a good thing.He ain't no pushover either Fer which we've missed.
Login to get fewer ads

Fer on 22:58 - Aug 21 with 3321 viewsItchySphincter

Fer on 22:48 - Aug 21 by Magic_Michu

It shows the difference in quality between the Premier League and Championship.

Fer is an average Premier League player but is probably one of the best players in the championship.

Shame he needed to come off for the the useless Carrol... is was convinced we would lose 3-2 as soon as that happened! We lost control of midfield straight away.

We could have done with a few more average Premier League players this last couple of years.

Fer on 00:07 - Aug 22 with 3064 viewsLoyal

If he stayed fit last season we wouldn't have witnessed tonight's game for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fer on 00:12 - Aug 22 with 3040 viewsjack_lord

Fer on 00:07 - Aug 22 by Loyal

If he stayed fit last season we wouldn't have witnessed tonight's game for sure.

Absolutely. I got so frustrated with him because he had all the tools and wasn't using them. He had turned a corner, was looking our best bet and when he got injured I said that we could end up going down because of it.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Fer on 00:16 - Aug 22 with 3013 viewsLoyal

Fer on 00:12 - Aug 22 by jack_lord

Absolutely. I got so frustrated with him because he had all the tools and wasn't using them. He had turned a corner, was looking our best bet and when he got injured I said that we could end up going down because of it.

Spoken like a true Jack.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fer on 07:10 - Aug 22 with 2763 viewsCatullus

Fer on 00:16 - Aug 22 by Loyal

Spoken like a true Jack.

I was a Fer critic but not any more, he'll be huge for us this season.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fer on 08:15 - Aug 22 with 2631 viewsItchySphincter

Fer on 00:07 - Aug 22 by Loyal

Always a silver lining.

Fer on 08:30 - Aug 22 with 2582 viewsoldcob

Fer on 22:43 - Aug 21 by PozuelosSideys

Fer should have been MoM. The difference his size, close control and strength to hold off players is massive to our game. He goes down with no replacement, we will be lightweight again

I'm a big Fer fan, but you can't take last night off Ollie, apart from the two goals he did a lot of terrific work in defence.
Fer on 09:51 - Aug 22 with 2375 viewsSTID2017

TBH the MOM award is a bit of a red herring.
It was a brilliant team performance and the chances wouldn't be created for McBurnie to score unless the rest of the team were working as hard.
IMHO they all deserve an award for last night.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fer on 10:29 - Aug 22 with 2317 viewsTom1912

Clearly the best player on the pitch last night and looks above this level.

Once we can get 90 minutes out of him, if we keep him fit he'll be a huge player for us this season.
Fer on 15:40 - Aug 22 with 2135 viewsJonathans_coat

Fer on 10:29 - Aug 22 by Tom1912

Clearly the best player on the pitch last night and looks above this level.

Once we can get 90 minutes out of him, if we keep him fit he'll be a huge player for us this season.

Agreed.

A captains performance from the captain. Sat deeper than usual and bullied the Leeds attackers off he ball, then beat a man and found an out ball to one of the front four. Not particularly flashy play, but controlled the game superbly. Dare I say it “Leonesque” performance in many ways.
Fer on 17:37 - Aug 22 with 2010 viewsSomethingRandom

With Fer playing Fulton is so much better. Tom Carroll is useless by comparison and drags everyone else down
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 17:47]

Jog on, Kitty...

Fer on 17:45 - Aug 22 with 1985 viewspencoedjack

Fer on 17:37 - Aug 22 by SomethingRandom

With Fer playing Fulton is so much better. Tom Carroll is useless by comparison and drags everyone else down
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 17:47]

Best for all parties if Carroll left ... Knew Leroy wouldn’t last the 90 mins & knew they’d score when Carroll came on.
Fer on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 1974 viewsLeonWasGod

Good player at PL level never mind this one. Plenty of us on here said his injury last season was a real hammer blow. Nothing that’s happened since has changed my mind he was our biggest miss. Whether he’d have made the difference to keep us up who knows, but we were definitely weaker without him.
Fer on 17:50 - Aug 22 with 1963 viewsCatullus

Fer on 17:45 - Aug 22 by pencoedjack

Best for all parties if Carroll left ... Knew Leroy wouldn’t last the 90 mins & knew they’d score when Carroll came on.

Looking at how we play with Carroll but not Fer, then vice versa, You're right. Carroll can go and Fer is first name on the sheet. The captains armband suits him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fer on 17:50 - Aug 22 with 1963 viewspencoedjack

Fer by dcd14 7 Aug 2018 14:34
Interestingly Leroy Fer has taken a full part in training so far and is involved in this inter-squad game exercise as it starts. (from WalesOnline)

Good sign.

Didn’t do bad in the deep role Dr
Fer on 17:54 - Aug 22 with 1948 viewsDr_Winston

Fer on 17:50 - Aug 22 by pencoedjack

Fer by dcd14 7 Aug 2018 14:34
Interestingly Leroy Fer has taken a full part in training so far and is involved in this inter-squad game exercise as it starts. (from WalesOnline)

Good sign.

Didn’t do bad in the deep role Dr

Fulton was deep. Fer was mostly central.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer on 18:00 - Aug 22 with 1927 viewspencoedjack

Fer on 17:54 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

Fulton was deep. Fer was mostly central.

I know he was central Celina played the 10 role you advocated Leroy playing

Don’t worry we all get things wrong occasionally
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024