Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are 22:44 - Aug 21 with 8261 viewsMagic_Michu

Having read the Leeds forums, listened to their fans on TalkShite and heard them in and around the ground tonight you would have thought they were the Barcelona of the championship.

When really, you press them slightly and they turn to sh*t and we’re played off the park by a threadbare Swansea team made up of inexperienced kids.

Don’t take anything away from the way we played tonight... best I’ve seen us playing for years.

But it’s time the scrawny little loud mouth Leeds boys were brought down a peg or two.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:48 - Aug 21 with 4516 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Leeds were full of themselves every season without the added media circus about Bielsa

I thought they were a good team but Potter looked like he out thought the genius a few times tonight. Our centre half’s carrying the ball through their non existent cover was well thought out
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:50]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:49 - Aug 21 with 4505 viewsmagicdaps10

Best we played for years but still Leeds got a point against us.

I bet a few Bham fans were saying the same Friday!!!

I was impressed with Leeds tonight.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:50 - Aug 21 with 4458 viewsPozuelosSideys

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:49 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Was more impressed with us than Leeds tbh

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:51 - Aug 21 with 4443 viewsItchySphincter

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:49 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

I wasn't. They should have rolled us over easy. More entitled than our six fingered cousins up the road.

They really weren't very good and they're unlikely to get better. Won't last the pace.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:52 - Aug 21 with 4434 viewsMagic_Michu

Fair play to them for maintaining the same approach all game... they persisted even though they continually were getting caught out.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:02 - Aug 21 with 4355 viewsCjay

I'm not really a "loud mouth Leeds fan".

Can admit when we dont play well and arent the better side.

But we had an 18 year old midfielder at right back, a 21 year old with less then 20 league matches to his name in goal, and two right backs at cb.

Yet we came back twice to draw despite that being your "best performance for years".

So on balance id say we are quite entitled to be pleased and some of our football has been top class, thats not arrogance its purely fact.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:05 - Aug 21 with 4307 viewsItchySphincter

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:02 - Aug 21 by Cjay

But we had an 18 year old midfielder at right back, a 21 year old with less then 20 league matches to his name in goal, and two right backs at cb.

Yet we came back twice to draw despite that being your "best performance for years".

So on balance id say we are quite entitled to be pleased and some of our football has been top class, thats not arrogance its purely fact.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

In case you hadn't realised we've had our team ripped apart and replaced with a bunch of kids who don't even know each other.

Poor from you I'm afraid. It doesn't bode well.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:09 - Aug 21 with 4249 viewsAguycalledJack

You think you’ve got problems.

A keeper who’s just had his first 2 full senior games, a 20 year old at cb playing his 3rd senior game, an average age I believe of 22, only one fit centre forward and no cover at CB.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:11 - Aug 21 with 4219 viewsDrGonzo

I think even the most one eyed Swansea fan can see you're on to a good thing this season. Didn't think you played that well tonight but you done enough to come away with a draw.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:17 - Aug 21 with 4132 viewsCjay

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:05 - Aug 21 by ItchySphincter

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

In case you hadn't realised we've had our team ripped apart and replaced with a bunch of kids who don't even know each other.

Poor from you I'm afraid. It doesn't bode well.

2 very experienced players, Naughton and Olsson at full back cost 9mil between them
£2mil cb-
Another 5 or 6mil on Leroy Fer (MOTM imo, class).
Celina and McKay who both showed they are good at this level last season.
McBurnie who scored well last season in a poor side.
Montero ffs on the bench.

Your hardly scraping the barrel lol.

Cant judge us on one game tbf, you were worse vs Birmingham then we were tonight.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:18 - Aug 21 with 4117 viewsEasternJack

Potter out-Bielsa’d Bielsa

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:18 - Aug 21 with 4118 viewsWhiterockin

I thought Leeds were poor and can't understand how they won their first 3 matches. Yes they came back twice, but from mistakes by us. They didn't look quality and my god they lack height.

Not sour grapes as I would have taken a point before the start.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:19 - Aug 21 with 4089 viewsCjay

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:09 - Aug 21 by AguycalledJack

You think you’ve got problems.

A keeper who’s just had his first 2 full senior games, a 20 year old at cb playing his 3rd senior game, an average age I believe of 22, only one fit centre forward and no cover at CB.

We have 0 fit cbs.
I believe that trumps you sir
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:21 - Aug 21 with 4058 viewsChief

I think Leeds (as well as us probably without more signings) are likely to fizzle out. Bielsas getting a tune out of what is mostly the same squad as they had last season that didn't pull up any trees at the moment, but I have my doubts whether can keep it up. Next season when Bielsa can bring in his own players to fully suit his style they'll be a real force. Unless El Loco walks out by Xmas and they implode as a club again.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:23 - Aug 21 with 4029 viewsCjay

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:11 - Aug 21 by DrGonzo

I think even the most one eyed Swansea fan can see you're on to a good thing this season. Didn't think you played that well tonight but you done enough to come away with a draw.

We didnt, you pressed us and think that rocked us, our lack of height and muscle has worried me for a while, Fer was dominant in midfield and McBurnie bullied our undersized cbs.

Not making excuses but i thought our pressing was labourerd, wonder if the same line up as Saturday was a step to far.

Credit to you, best team we have played so far.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:24 - Aug 21 with 4014 viewsFireboy2

Fvck me leeds think they are something,ffs they have only played 4 effing games

They looked good but still couldnt break us down

Aa has been said we have a side that have only been playing together a month whilst they have a settled squad

Thry like every team will have a dip and will get their cummupence

Touch wood we will get the players we obviously need to strengthen and after tonight im far more confident than after friday

COYJB
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:25 - Aug 21 with 4007 viewsRancid

It was almost like the old days where we'd make the media darlings look ordinary and then read how awful they'd been.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:27 - Aug 21 with 3979 viewsCjay

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:18 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

I thought Leeds were poor and can't understand how they won their first 3 matches. Yes they came back twice, but from mistakes by us. They didn't look quality and my god they lack height.

Not sour grapes as I would have taken a point before the start.

Can understand your view, we did look poor and undersized today and Swansea deserves credit.

Tbf to our fans, some may come across as arrogant or whatever but people dont have to take our word for how well we have played.

Ask our opposition, Stoke and Derby fans have both said that we played them totally off the park and it was a quality of football they hadn't seen for some time (Stoke fans said outside of the top prem teams).

While it will come across as arrogant if a Leeds fan says it, if an opposition fan says it there must be merit?
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:44 - Aug 21 with 3867 viewsLoyal

Never our best performance for years.
So many kids on show for us.

You looked good and if we both maintain that form we will both be in the mix.
But best for years. Fck no.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:44 - Aug 21 with 3870 viewsFireboy2

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:27 - Aug 21 by Cjay

Can understand your view, we did look poor and undersized today and Swansea deserves credit.

Tbf to our fans, some may come across as arrogant or whatever but people dont have to take our word for how well we have played.

Ask our opposition, Stoke and Derby fans have both said that we played them totally off the park and it was a quality of football they hadn't seen for some time (Stoke fans said outside of the top prem teams).

While it will come across as arrogant if a Leeds fan says it, if an opposition fan says it there must be merit?

It isnt a leeds thing its a yorkshire thing

Yorkshire people can be quite arrogant at times

They say what they like and they like what they bloody well say
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:45 - Aug 21 with 3849 viewsHighjack

I think Leeds are a very average group of players who are obviously well coached and very together as a team.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:58 - Aug 21 with 3776 viewsCjay

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:21 - Aug 21 by Chief

I think Leeds (as well as us probably without more signings) are likely to fizzle out. Bielsas getting a tune out of what is mostly the same squad as they had last season that didn't pull up any trees at the moment, but I have my doubts whether can keep it up. Next season when Bielsa can bring in his own players to fully suit his style they'll be a real force. Unless El Loco walks out by Xmas and they implode as a club again.

I agree i dont think our squad is a top 2 squad by any stretch.

There are players in our starting 11 who shouldn't be there imo, our good start hasnt changed that.

We are already suffering with injuries, no fit cbs, only 1 defensive midfielder, and he is an average championship midfielder at best (subbed 1st half ).

We have the makings of a good side, but we require 2 or 3 top class loans at least.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:03 - Aug 22 with 3737 viewsCjay

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:44 - Aug 21 by Loyal

Never our best performance for years.
So many kids on show for us.

You looked good and if we both maintain that form we will both be in the mix.
But best for years. Fck no.

Just repeating what was written mate.

Dont think your squad is as weak as was made out, 2 very experienced full backs, 3 proven decent Championship attacking midfielders, a young but already proven goalscorer in the league, Leroy Fer and Jefferson Montero.

Id say you have one of the better squads, but like us probably lacking in key areas.

Dont think we looked good tbf lol we showed character though, worst performance so far but came away with something, happy enough.

Agree on the if we both continue, but do either of us have the depth?
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:18 - Aug 22 with 3675 viewsymaohyd

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 23:27 - Aug 21 by Cjay

You make fair comments.

I think you will have a good season , was always going to be a risky appointment in Bielsa, so far a master stroke. It will take a big personality to manage the expectations of the supporters and he is the ideal man.

I've never been keen on Leeds to say the least, however, if there's a set of supporters that deserve PL football it's Leeds.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 06:36 - Aug 22 with 3346 viewsdobjack2

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:03 - Aug 22 by Cjay

Just repeating what was written mate.

Dont think your squad is as weak as was made out, 2 very experienced full backs, 3 proven decent Championship attacking midfielders, a young but already proven goalscorer in the league, Leroy Fer and Jefferson Montero.

Id say you have one of the better squads, but like us probably lacking in key areas.

Dont think we looked good tbf lol we showed character though, worst performance so far but came away with something, happy enough.

Agree on the if we both continue, but do either of us have the depth?

I don’t think either side has a good enough squad at present. Ours is paper thin in key areas.

Unless we both strengthen, playing Saturday and midweek will take its toll through injuries, tiredness, loss of form or suspension.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024