Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sad thing about this season so far.... 11:34 - Aug 22 with 1767 viewsandrew

I honestly think we’re 3/4 players short of winning this league, it’s quite poor.

Sad thing is, we won’t get any and if we lose ANYONE of our starting 11 we’ll struggle big time.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 1711 viewsomarjack

Carter-Vickers is almost a done deal. I'm not very convinced with him but at least our CB situation will start looking less dire.

As for the obvious need for a CMF and a CF. I hope the board will see the need to bring in the right players, and not to be overconfident just because we've had a good start to the season.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:12 - Aug 22 with 1652 viewsswanforthemoney

OP has no idea of the level of consistency required to win this league.
I suppose it depends on the 4 players. Salah, Mbappe, Kante and Ramos might help a bit but we’d still be lacking in some areas.
4 decent loan signings and we might get mid table. Before anyone writes this league off as poor, wait til we come back from the likes of Boro Derby West Brom Forest empty handed and tell me we are good enough to win the thing, even with 3 or 4 players.
Look at the efforts and money spent by Derby Villa Leeds and others over the last few seasons. This league is a bastard to get out of. Don’t be fooled.

I stand in the North Stand

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:20 - Aug 22 with 1604 viewsjasper_T

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:12 - Aug 22 by swanforthemoney

I suppose it depends on the 4 players. Salah, Mbappe, Kante and Ramos might help a bit but we’d still be lacking in some areas.
4 decent loan signings and we might get mid table. Before anyone writes this league off as poor, wait til we come back from the likes of Boro Derby West Brom Forest empty handed and tell me we are good enough to win the thing, even with 3 or 4 players.
Look at the efforts and money spent by Derby Villa Leeds and others over the last few seasons. This league is a bastard to get out of. Don’t be fooled.

With those 4 we would stomp the league no problem.

"Might help a bit" give over we'd win most games by 3 or 4.
The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 1545 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:48 - Aug 22 with 1447 viewskrunchykarrot

In my opinion this league is not poor, however i agree Andrew we would be in with a chance with 3 or 4 good players for play offs but why? We would go up with no spine just inexperienced youngsters that would struggle. I would prefer to build a side for a season or two rather than gift millions to mercenaries such as the Ayews. And lets be honest players like Llorente and Vorm for example would rather the London lifestyle and park their arses on the sidelines rather than play every week.
So back in the real world that diminishes our pool of realistic players. MVDH and Rodon.Roberts Fulton James et al should have been backed with the good youngsters we transferred in with all money spent on Joe Allen and or Fab as a Captain.
The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:53 - Aug 22 with 1412 viewsDr_Winston

A staggeringly average Cardiff side finished second last season. Of course this league is poor. It's a shadow of the one we got promoted from in 2011.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:54 - Aug 22 with 1405 viewsandrew

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:48 - Aug 22 by krunchykarrot

In my opinion this league is not poor, however i agree Andrew we would be in with a chance with 3 or 4 good players for play offs but why? We would go up with no spine just inexperienced youngsters that would struggle. I would prefer to build a side for a season or two rather than gift millions to mercenaries such as the Ayews. And lets be honest players like Llorente and Vorm for example would rather the London lifestyle and park their arses on the sidelines rather than play every week.
So back in the real world that diminishes our pool of realistic players. MVDH and Rodon.Roberts Fulton James et al should have been backed with the good youngsters we transferred in with all money spent on Joe Allen and or Fab as a Captain.

And you think by staying in this league our best players would stick around?

If players like Fer VDH Celina Ollie Roberts and Rodon continue it even improve the way they play all season you think the yanks won’t strip us of more millions?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 13:20 - Aug 22 with 1300 viewsdickythorpe

Look at us on Friday!!!! A lot has us down for a hammering last night.
It is totally unpredictable.
We saw that 10 years ago when we got to it for the first time in yonks.
Login to get fewer ads

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 13:34 - Aug 22 with 1225 viewsLoyal

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:12 - Aug 22 by swanforthemoney

Bit negative mate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 13:46 - Aug 22 with 1174 viewskrunchykarrot

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:54 - Aug 22 by andrew

And you think by staying in this league our best players would stick around?

If players like Fer VDH Celina Ollie Roberts and Rodon continue it even improve the way they play all season you think the yanks won’t strip us of more millions?

No i dont think our best players will stick around Ben Davies and Joey are good examples of that, but we had Rangel Ash Monk Britain Dyer Taylor and Leon. Our youngsters will improve Roberts looks like a good player this year after last seasons experience and VDH and Rodon play well together and look a good partnership in the making, as for Celina he is the only one i think would interest the big clubs and i d like to see his and Dhanda contracts cant believe we bought them for that money must be buyback etc. For teams like us it is all about how long you can survive in the Prem and what im saying is that the bigger the spine the longer the visit. Cardiff being a classic case could be down by Xmas the way they are playing.
The sad thing about this season so far.... on 15:08 - Aug 22 with 1041 viewsCatullus

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 12:53 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

A staggeringly average Cardiff side finished second last season. Of course this league is poor. It's a shadow of the one we got promoted from in 2011.

To be fair (and it shows how bad we had become) the Premier league was quite poor last season. Outside of the top 6, and even some of them weren't that great, most teams were poor. Watford down here was the worst game I had seen in ages, two bad sides playing badly, it didn't get any better either.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 16:07 - Aug 22 with 944 viewsDr_Winston

The sad thing about this season so far.... on 15:08 - Aug 22 by Catullus

To be fair (and it shows how bad we had become) the Premier league was quite poor last season. Outside of the top 6, and even some of them weren't that great, most teams were poor. Watford down here was the worst game I had seen in ages, two bad sides playing badly, it didn't get any better either.

This is true. For all the mistakes we've made at board level another two wins under Clement and we'd have survived. Hell, even without that all we had to do was beat Southampton in our penultimate game and we'd have stayed up.

Point is, for all the doom and gloom and predictions of us "doing a Sunderland" that were so prevalent in these parts in pre-season, the actual quality of the division we were going into went largely unnoticed.

Things may still go wrong. We may lose Fer, Oli and VdH for the season in a tragic training accident and end up struggling due to lack of depth, but if we do struggle it'll be because of our own mistakes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024