Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flipping Items on Ebay 12:03 - Aug 23 with 1485 viewswestwalesed

I'm always one for finding a few extra quid here and there, more as a hobby to be honest.

I'm thinking of getting into flipping - where you buy something off (say) Gumtree and then sell it on Ebay for a higher price.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Flipping Items on Ebay on 12:33 - Aug 23 with 1436 viewsWarwickHunt

Unless you have something exceptionally collectable, eBay is very much a buyers’ market.
Even then, it’s a bit hit and miss - a record in the same condition went for £499 and £820 in the space of about a month. An identical one on Discogs would cost you over a grand.
Flipping Items on Ebay on 12:52 - Aug 23 with 1417 viewsmajorraglan

Wife has been selling some stuff including clothes on eBay recently, to be honest the prices she is getting are low and it is definitely a buyers market. By the time you factor costs in re collecting the stuff on Gumtree you may not be making very little.
Flipping Items on Ebay on 13:11 - Aug 23 with 1382 viewsElward

I have flipped collectables, but you have to know the market, the item, everything about it. Also eBay generally favors the buyer so you have to make sure everything is spot on. You can't just simply take an item and sell it, you have to make sure it is pictured/worded perfectly as from experience, a lot of the time you can tell the buyer is trying to think how he can buy the item then make a claim because something wasn't pictured, wasn't in the description, or turned up broke in some way.
Flipping Items on Ebay on 13:58 - Aug 23 with 1317 viewsLord_Bony

Some good advice above.

Personally,if it was me I'd buy a niche collectable item then sell it on one of the websites with that ready made audience chomping at the bit to buy.

Another one worth considering these days is Etsy,start your own shop.

https://www.etsy.com/signin?from_page=%2Fuk%2Fyour%2Fshops%2Fy5c7k2xi%2Fonboardi

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024