Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kiddie Summer Holidays Change 19:22 - Aug 24 with 1210 viewsBrynCartwright

Over the last 30 or so years it is noticeable that the better Summer weather in the UK tends to manifest earlier in Summer. i.e. in June and July. Certainly the case this year as I listen to rain lashing at the window in the Bont in August.

Wouldn't it be more sensible for the school Summer holidays to be brought forward a few weeks so that the kids could actually enjoy their Summer holiday breaks in better weather?

Just a thought.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 20:38 - Aug 24 with 1169 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The teachers are off in July and August though?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 21:08 - Aug 24 with 1136 viewsWxmJax

Best weather is always the first week in September that the kids are back in school. Fact.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 21:43 - Aug 24 with 1104 viewsBrynCartwright

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 20:38 - Aug 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

The teachers are off in July and August though?

Somehow, I imagine the teachers would be off work at the same time as the kids.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 21:47 - Aug 24 with 1093 viewsjack2jack

To be honest, don't think it matters, most of them are in their bedrooms, on their bloody phones half the time.
Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 902 viewscontroversial_jack

August and late July has been a washout
Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 22:18 - Aug 30 with 867 viewsjack2jack

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 22:05 - Aug 30 by controversial_jack

August and late July has been a washout

They are back to school next week, so expect the nice weather to return!😀
Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 22:27 - Aug 30 with 859 viewsCatullus

The summer holidays are too late and too long. They should be 4 weeks long and start 3 weeks sooner, school terms should be adjusted to suit and there should be an extra week off at Christmas! Rant over.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 09:40 - Aug 31 with 741 viewscmajack

You never know where you are with the weather in this country. Trying to find a week of beautiful weather is like trying to pick the winner of the grand national. You may as well do it with a pin. Knew someone who was getting married last Sunday with all that torrential rain. Guess it doesn't bode well for the future, if after the summer we have had you picked last sunday to get married.
Login to get fewer ads

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 09:55 - Aug 31 with 723 viewsCatullus

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 09:40 - Aug 31 by cmajack

You never know where you are with the weather in this country. Trying to find a week of beautiful weather is like trying to pick the winner of the grand national. You may as well do it with a pin. Knew someone who was getting married last Sunday with all that torrential rain. Guess it doesn't bode well for the future, if after the summer we have had you picked last sunday to get married.

The weather and marriage have a lot in common. The sun doesn't always shine, it can rain when you least expect it, there's occassional storms and every so often extreme weather that can tear you apart. If you have extended periods of fine weather just feckin enjoy it!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kiddie Summer Holidays Change on 15:02 - Aug 31 with 637 viewsCooperman

Several years back my wife’s school was nominated for a trial whereby the school year was divided into a four term pattern. The basic concept was:
5 weeks in
1 week off
5 weeks in
2 weeks off

However it never got beyond the planning stage.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024