Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 closures after most evening home games 20:16 - Aug 24 with 2002 viewsPentyrchJack

Why the hell are there loads of M4 closures going east after most evening games?? Southampton last season and Leeds this time. Sometimes the M4 is closed twice between Swansea and Llantrisant. After the Leeds game there was a monumental shag up where there were roadworks on the road the M4 traffic was diverted to.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

M4 closures after most evening home games on 21:17 - Aug 24 with 1930 viewsjack2jack

Haven't there been resurfacing works going on, don't know why they'd always fall on a match day mind.👍
This link might help in the future.
http://www.traffic-wales.com/networkdetail.aspx?t=roadworks&r=RNMDA_2018062052:2
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 21:20]
M4 closures after most evening home games on 08:00 - Aug 25 with 1794 viewsmonmouth

That diversion onto a road with roadworks was f*cking ridiculous.

There was another closure at Newport. Their suggested diversion there was w*nk too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

M4 closures after most evening home games on 17:18 - Aug 26 with 1633 viewsevery_cleod

This does my head in too. But as Jack2Jack says, if you look at that website you will at least know it is coming. Looks like there are no diversions after the Palace game.
M4 closures after most evening home games on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 1451 viewskarnataka

M4 closures after most evening home games on 08:00 - Aug 25 by monmouth

That diversion onto a road with roadworks was f*cking ridiculous.

There was another closure at Newport. Their suggested diversion there was w*nk too.

Took me 1/2 an hour longer to get home through those 3 diversions as well. They must know so must do it for a "laugh" and think, hey, there's going to be about 5000 vehicles travelling east around 10.30pm, let's really f*ck them about.
M4 closures after most evening home games on 14:58 - Aug 31 with 1383 viewsCooperman

The Traffic Wales link above is very useful and I make a point of checking it before using the M4 or HoV.

As for the planning, I cannot think of a reason why midweek games cannot be avoided. It surely needs some sync between club and Traffic Wales / SWTRA. However having attempted to communicate with these bodies in the past I can vouch for the fact that communcation is not one of the organisation strong points.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024