Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game 22:29 - Aug 24 with 1402 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The better footballing side lost, and ironically one of the dirtiest players on the field and Boro have plenty of them, scored the winner in injury time.
We need to watch out for Ayala when we play them, he clearly dragged down Bartley twice in the Penalty Area during Corners/Free kicks and got away with it both times.
He will do the same to Ollie.
Boro are now top of the league.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 22:29]
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 23:28 - Aug 24 with 1217 viewsmajorraglan

Love him or hate him, Tony Pulis knows his stuff and knows how to get the best out of his teams. He is a seasoned pro much like Neil Warnock and more than capable of steering Boro back up to the PL. I believe Boro will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 07:35 - Aug 25 with 993 viewssP7qupUf

I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 23:28 - Aug 24 by majorraglan

Love him or hate him, Tony Pulis knows his stuff and knows how to get the best out of his teams. He is a seasoned pro much like Neil Warnock and more than capable of steering Boro back up to the PL. I believe Boro will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

I taught in a secondary school in Newport for a number of years and ran the Year 10 football team. Pill, Tony Pulis' old home, was in our catchment area. Whenever he was asked to help the school out or was invited in he always obliged and was a true gentleman and ambassador for the game. Great with the kids and an inspirational figure to youngsters from a really deprived area.
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 07:43 - Aug 25 with 969 viewsJinxy

I watched most of it too, and also noticed a lot of hoofball, physicality, gamesmanship etc.. Sides like Boro are always likely to get promoted (see Cardiff), but not so likely to stay there. I'm glad we haven't succumbed to that - let's go up the right way, at the right time, and stay for a while again. Oh and entertain us fans in the process.

ps Bartley should have had a penalty awarded against him too - blatant shirt pulling in front of hopeless ref/officials. On that, the standard of officials in this league is awful, but to be expected I suppose. Something else we'll have to watch out for.
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 08:48 - Aug 25 with 855 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 07:43 - Aug 25 by Jinxy

I watched most of it too, and also noticed a lot of hoofball, physicality, gamesmanship etc.. Sides like Boro are always likely to get promoted (see Cardiff), but not so likely to stay there. I'm glad we haven't succumbed to that - let's go up the right way, at the right time, and stay for a while again. Oh and entertain us fans in the process.

ps Bartley should have had a penalty awarded against him too - blatant shirt pulling in front of hopeless ref/officials. On that, the standard of officials in this league is awful, but to be expected I suppose. Something else we'll have to watch out for.

I thought the arm over the shoulder dragging him down was just as bad & blatant, the the Ref bottled it as far as penalties & double yellows against the home team were concerned.
As you say pretty poor officials.
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 10:04 - Aug 25 with 700 viewsnantywatcher

I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 07:43 - Aug 25 by Jinxy

Mm - 4 games in and I think the standard of refereeing is better than the Premier posers.
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 10:18 - Aug 25 with 675 viewsTenbySwan

Saw this on Twitter.

Boro Fans - we forgot, we forgot that you were here.

Baggies fans - (Harry Kane tune) Tony Pulis, he sent us to sleep!

Btw, has anyone seen Pulis and Phelan from Coronation street in the same room.
I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 11:21 - Aug 25 with 609 viewsJinxy

I just watched some of the Boro Vs WBA game on 10:04 - Aug 25 by nantywatcher

Mm - 4 games in and I think the standard of refereeing is better than the Premier posers.

Interesting you think that. As you say, only 4 games in. It seems worse to me, but I take your point about the "posers", none of which made it to the world cup so perhaps there is a (footballing) god after all.

To support your point, we don't have the usual "big" clubs that refs seem to favour decision-wise. Still seems worse to me though! The ref last night seemed quite young, so you'd think he would have been keener? Without trying to divert an otherwise good thread, I wonder have the footballing powers-to-be (PL, Ref's association etc.) taken a long hard look at why no UK officials went to the WC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024