Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins on loan signings 11:28 - Aug 25 with 4257 viewsHeadmaster

From his programme notes today: "We may add a couple of loan players before next Friday’s transfer deadline, while we have a further opportunity to change things around once more in January to add the final touches to the squad and give ourselves a fighting chance to compete and get stronger as the season unfolds."

Same old shite.
Jenkins on loan signings on 11:34 - Aug 25 with 3185 viewspencoedjack

In fairness if we are there or thereabouts come Jan may not be a bad tactic
Jenkins on loan signings on 11:34 - Aug 25 with 3181 viewssP7qupUf

His programme notes from the Stoke game stated in relation to this season that, andI quote: "We must be ready, we will be ready".

So, I assume that we were ready in his eyes when the season started. Worrying viewpoint of the strengths of the squad from the Chairman. You don't add the final touches to anything once it has started.
Jenkins on loan signings on 11:42 - Aug 25 with 3128 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins on loan signings on 11:34 - Aug 25 by pencoedjack

Only if either of those two centre halv s stay free of injury and Fulton turns into Leon. That Palace boy in hindsight would have been the ideal single loan signing, playing CDM regularly and CD when Rodon or VDH needed a rest or got injured. That is the glaring hole that Fulton would be a great back up for.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins on loan signings on 11:42 - Aug 25 with 3126 viewsjack247

Jenkins on loan signings on 11:34 - Aug 25 by pencoedjack

If we can get to January without injuries, suspensions, loss of form or fatigue in the areas we have no cover, then we probably will be there or thereabouts. That would take a lot of luck though.
Jenkins on loan signings on 12:00 - Aug 25 with 3010 viewsWhiterockin

Jenkins on loan signings on 11:42 - Aug 25 by jack247

If we can get to January without injuries, suspensions, loss of form or fatigue in the areas we have no cover, then we probably will be there or thereabouts. That would take a lot of luck though.

This would take a fecking miracle.
Jenkins on loan signings on 12:05 - Aug 25 with 2967 viewsawayjack

Try reading some of his programme notes from last season. Utter bullshit. He doesn’t even have the decency to check what he’s previously written / said. He clearly has utter contempt for fans and to be honest the ‘Trust in Board/Yanks’ clowns fully deserve the contempt.
Jenkins on loan signings on 12:07 - Aug 25 with 2947 viewsjack247

Jenkins on loan signings on 12:00 - Aug 25 by Whiterockin

This would take a fecking miracle.

I know and I haven’t read his programme notes, just the bit from the OP, but if he’s already talking about January when we are in desperate need now it’s more than a bit concerning
Jenkins on loan signings on 12:15 - Aug 25 with 2889 viewsclloy2

Jenkins on loan signings on 12:05 - Aug 25 by awayjack

Try reading some of his programme notes from last season. Utter bullshit. He doesn’t even have the decency to check what he’s previously written / said. He clearly has utter contempt for fans and to be honest the ‘Trust in Board/Yanks’ clowns fully deserve the contempt.

why doesn't he tell the truth "the owners will be relentless in their asset stripping, so there is no money to strengthen the squad when it's obvious to you fans the squad needs additions- sorry folks that's how it is now- have a nice day"
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins on loan signings on 12:23 - Aug 25 with 2829 viewsFireboy2

Jenkins on loan signings on 11:42 - Aug 25 by jack247

If we get to jan without any injuries i will platt fog

So its vital that we get loans in NOW
Jenkins on loan signings on 12:32 - Aug 25 with 2771 viewsjack247

Jenkins on loan signings on 12:23 - Aug 25 by Fireboy2

If we get to jan without any injuries i will platt fog

So its vital that we get loans in NOW

Yeah, that’s my point
Jenkins on loan signings on 12:43 - Aug 25 with 2723 viewswestside

So we weren't ready for the start of the season.

We "may" try to get loans in now but still not enough.

The Yanks talk the big talk but we always a bit short of the requirements and that's how we got relegated.
Jenkins on loan signings on 13:41 - Aug 25 with 2573 viewsTom1912

Half way through the season sounds like an ideal time to put the finishing touches to the squad.

At the end of the day, he said we would be ready. We’re not. How Jenkins is still in a job is beyond me. I can only assume the Americans are terrified of trying to replace him.

It’s a real shame, because it wouldn’t take a huge amount of support for Potter to get this squad in a position to chase promotion but we will fall away once injuries, suspensions and fatigue begin to accumulate.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 13:42]
Jenkins on loan signings on 14:10 - Aug 25 with 2476 viewsBloodyhills

'May' is not good enough. He's just making noises to prepare the fans for not strengthening the squad.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins on loan signings on 14:36 - Aug 25 with 2398 viewsFireboy2

It shows how bad the situation is atm is when potter has to play carroll and grimes

And i feel for mcburnie having to play 90 mins EVERY GAME,he must be knackered

Its lucky we have baker richardson to take the pressure off our ch problems
Jenkins on loan signings on 15:59 - Aug 25 with 2257 viewsicecoldjack

How the fook do you ADD final touches to the squad in January? It's supposed to be in July, January is the inflated market that Huw always used to tell us was not a good idea to deal in due to over pricing of players, prefer g to get it done in the summer.

I suppose the lying fooked has forgotten about that ? Bloke is full of sh1te . Buying in January is what put us in a financial mess .
Jenkins on loan signings on 16:23 - Aug 25 with 2188 viewsmajorraglan

There has been a significant upheaval in playing staff with the old guard leaving and new players com8ng in, but the squad is clearly in need of reinforcing. The good start, 8 points from 12 and unbeaten may have given some false confidence, but this is a tough league and those fans among us who think it will be a price of cake are deluded.
I am not advocating the owners/board throw money about like it’s going out of fashion and I totally get the need to live within ones mans, but surely the cost cutting has released some capacity for a signing or 2? The team needs a few new faces now. The start has been pretty decent, but why waste half a season before looking at einforcing in January. The good start could have vaporised in to a relegation battle by then!
Jenkins on loan signings on 16:58 - Aug 25 with 2109 viewsPozuelosSideys

Today has shown that we really, really need another quality Central Midfielder more than anything else right now

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jenkins on loan signings on 17:00 - Aug 25 with 2081 viewsTom1912

Jenkins on loan signings on 16:58 - Aug 25 by PozuelosSideys

Today has shown that we really, really need another quality Central Midfielder more than anything else right now

We are going to struggle to get points from games in which Fer doesn't start in my opinion.
Jenkins on loan signings on 17:02 - Aug 25 with 2053 viewsicecoldjack

Jenkins on loan signings on 16:58 - Aug 25 by PozuelosSideys

I completely agree.
Jenkins on loan signings on 17:03 - Aug 25 with 2047 viewsPozuelosSideys

Jenkins on loan signings on 17:00 - Aug 25 by Tom1912

We are going to struggle to get points from games in which Fer doesn't start in my opinion.

Exactly. Central mifield is far too flaky. As soon as Fer came on, we had a base to play from. Can see why we wanted Woods

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jenkins on loan signings on 17:12 - Aug 25 with 1971 viewsBLAZE

The mere utterance of no loan signings should be enough to see crowds gathered with sharpened pitchforks outside the entrance to the Liberty. What is and has happened just isn't acceptable.

And we still have people making apologies for the snakes (old regime) and snake oil salesmen (new). It just defies all belief.

At what point are differences put aside and the fan base united?
Jenkins on loan signings on 21:22 - Aug 25 with 1635 viewsomarjack

A couple of loan players other than CCV obviously. Today proved what is obvious to all. This squad as it is, lacks any sort of depth. And when Fer is unavailable, Our midfield becomes even a bigger joke than last season's. And McBurnie is only human, and can't go on being the only striker for over 46 games.

And for the life of me, I can't comprehend what's the f*cking point in waiting until January to do our business? What's the point of strengthening when it's already too late, and the mistakes of half of the season already did the damage? Every f*cking year it's the same. If we got ourselves a decent playmaker in the summer last season. Instead of panic buying Andre for 20 m while in the relegation zone in January. We'd probably still be a PL club now. Same old sh!t.

Shut the f*ck up Huw, and do what's right for the club for once, and not what's right for your pockets.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Jenkins on loan signings on 21:28 - Aug 25 with 1596 viewsJonathans_coat

Jenkins on loan signings on 21:22 - Aug 25 by omarjack

A couple of loan players other than CCV obviously. Today proved what is obvious to all. This squad as it is, lacks any sort of depth. And when Fer is unavailable, Our midfield becomes even a bigger joke than last season's. And McBurnie is only human, and can't go on being the only striker for over 46 games.

And for the life of me, I can't comprehend what's the f*cking point in waiting until January to do our business? What's the point of strengthening when it's already too late, and the mistakes of half of the season already did the damage? Every f*cking year it's the same. If we got ourselves a decent playmaker in the summer last season. Instead of panic buying Andre for 20 m while in the relegation zone in January. We'd probably still be a PL club now. Same old sh!t.

Shut the f*ck up Huw, and do what's right for the club for once, and not what's right for your pockets.

Huw saying we’ll do some business in January. That’s a certainty I agree..........

.............we will sell Dyer, Routledge, Narsingh and Naughton! We will be told this is another important step towards the “restructuring” of the club.
Jenkins on loan signings on 21:30 - Aug 25 with 1583 viewshobo

Jenkins on loan signings on 16:23 - Aug 25 by majorraglan

There has been a significant upheaval in playing staff with the old guard leaving and new players com8ng in, but the squad is clearly in need of reinforcing. The good start, 8 points from 12 and unbeaten may have given some false confidence, but this is a tough league and those fans among us who think it will be a price of cake are deluded.
I am not advocating the owners/board throw money about like it’s going out of fashion and I totally get the need to live within ones mans, but surely the cost cutting has released some capacity for a signing or 2? The team needs a few new faces now. The start has been pretty decent, but why waste half a season before looking at einforcing in January. The good start could have vaporised in to a relegation battle by then!

He's been doing it for years. I believe it was 6 successive seasons of having to endure "It's looking likely that expansion work will start in January"

The whole board are in the business of buying time, and sadly it seems to work
Jenkins on loan signings on 21:36 - Aug 25 with 1549 viewsDewi1jack

Prepare yourselves for the same speech we've had for the last few years

"We tried to get a couple of players over the line, but for various reasons we couldn't. Besides July/ January is not the best time to buy players as they're at inflated prices.
We still hope that we can get Adomah over the line, sometime before he's as old as Wilf"

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024