Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed re. Swans TV 12:07 - Aug 25 with 2949 viewsMoscowJack

Hi all,

I'm abroad and I've got both me and my mother subscriptions for Swans TV. Both were using my address abroad and my foreign credit card.

Question 1: Once it's all set up, will my Mum be able to access games on her tablet (via the app) even though she's based in Swansea please?

She's not that tech-savvy (and I'm not great either) so I would be extremely grateful for any help......

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:16 - Aug 25 with 2930 viewsjack247

I’d think she’d need a VPN mate. I’m not that techie, but can’t see it being a problem as long as she appears to be accessing from abroad.

I’ve used IP Vanish for other stuff, it’s comparatively expensive at about £80 a year, I think some are free, but it works well.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:18 - Aug 25 with 2923 viewsMoscowJack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:16 - Aug 25 by jack247

I’d think she’d need a VPN mate. I’m not that techie, but can’t see it being a problem as long as she appears to be accessing from abroad.

I’ve used IP Vanish for other stuff, it’s comparatively expensive at about £80 a year, I think some are free, but it works well.

Thanks. It was hard enough getting her to be able to install the app so getting a VPN isn't going to be easy.

Are there any free ones out there please....or are the good ones not free?

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:27 - Aug 25 with 2899 viewsploppy

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:18 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

Thanks. It was hard enough getting her to be able to install the app so getting a VPN isn't going to be easy.

There are free ones but I'd be wary. Don't forget, you're entrusting them with all traffic to and from your device.

Have you thought about remotely accessing her tablet/PC to do stuff like installations and maintenance? I have some experience with trying to help parents (and others come to that) over the phone. It's really very difficult when you can't see what they're doing. What seems obvious to you may not be obvious to them.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:33 - Aug 25 with 2878 viewsMoscowJack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:27 - Aug 25 by ploppy

There are free ones but I'd be wary. Don't forget, you're entrusting them with all traffic to and from your device.

Have you thought about remotely accessing her tablet/PC to do stuff like installations and maintenance? I have some experience with trying to help parents (and others come to that) over the phone. It's really very difficult when you can't see what they're doing. What seems obvious to you may not be obvious to them.

Brilliant idea. Thanks! How can I do that please?

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:44 - Aug 25 with 2860 viewsploppy

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:33 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

Brilliant idea. Thanks! How can I do that please?

Depends on the device. What kind of devices does your mum have that you'd like to have remote access to?

BTW, I'm going to get out of my depth quickly here. There may be others on here who work in IT that know more than me.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:47 - Aug 25 with 2849 viewsMoscowJack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:44 - Aug 25 by ploppy

Depends on the device. What kind of devices does your mum have that you'd like to have remote access to?

BTW, I'm going to get out of my depth quickly here. There may be others on here who work in IT that know more than me.

She's on an android tablet....

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:01 - Aug 25 with 2821 viewsploppy

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:47 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

She's on an android tablet....

Also depends where you'd like to control her device from - PC, phone?

Probably worth investing some time in researching this. Google is your friend, but friends in IT are also really useful! Look for Remote Access Software, or similar.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:11 - Aug 25 with 2808 viewsMoscowJack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:01 - Aug 25 by ploppy

Also depends where you'd like to control her device from - PC, phone?

Probably worth investing some time in researching this. Google is your friend, but friends in IT are also really useful! Look for Remote Access Software, or similar.

I can use a laptop, android tablet (exactly the same as hers) or phone. Either is ok for me.

I'll google or ask for help if you're unsure about the answer, but I really appreciate your help so far. She's got a VPN downloaded which is a massive step. THANKS!

Login to get fewer ads

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:13 - Aug 25 with 2802 viewsSwanzay

Is it mandatory that you must have a foreign address and card to watch from the UK? If got a VPN but want to ensure it works before parting with sterling.

Thanks in advance
Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:16 - Aug 25 with 2796 viewsMoscowJack

One more question: when I try to log into it right now and press "watch live" do you also just get a spinny thing with something like an antenna logo please?

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:18 - Aug 25 with 2787 viewsploppy

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:11 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

I can use a laptop, android tablet (exactly the same as hers) or phone. Either is ok for me.

I'll google or ask for help if you're unsure about the answer, but I really appreciate your help so far. She's got a VPN downloaded which is a massive step. THANKS!

Something like this perhaps? Don't know anything about it, not affiliated, usual caveats. There are probably other products like this. I read somewhere about one TeamViewer product being free for home use. Don't know if it was referring to the one in the video though.

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:19 - Aug 25 with 2785 viewsMoscowJack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:13 - Aug 25 by Swanzay

Is it mandatory that you must have a foreign address and card to watch from the UK? If got a VPN but want to ensure it works before parting with sterling.

Thanks in advance

Based on the comment above, it seems that a UK address and bank details are ok. You just need to be abroad, or pretend to be abroad, when you log in.

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:25 - Aug 25 with 2770 viewsShaky

The simplest way to control remote devices is to use Teamviewer:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile-apps/

No need to register, you can just use the free version. Install on your pc and on the remote tablet, then obtain the ID number and pin of the remote installation and log in.

Never used it on Android myself, but the software is stable and very very good for one off remote connections.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:27 - Aug 25 with 2756 viewsploppy

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:16 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

One more question: when I try to log into it right now and press "watch live" do you also just get a spinny thing with something like an antenna logo please?

Tells me it's not broadcasting yet. I wouldn't worry just yet. You'll probably have heard that there were issues during the broadcast of the PNE match? I didn't work for anyone for the first 16mins. Which browser are you using?
Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:29 - Aug 25 with 2749 viewsMoscowJack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:27 - Aug 25 by ploppy

Tells me it's not broadcasting yet. I wouldn't worry just yet. You'll probably have heard that there were issues during the broadcast of the PNE match? I didn't work for anyone for the first 16mins. Which browser are you using?

Swans App on Android tablet but will try on Chrome on my laptop now too..........

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 2735 viewsploppy

Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:29 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

Swans App on Android tablet but will try on Chrome on my laptop now too..........

Chrome on my Mac worked for me. If you have issues try logging out and back in to Swans TV - maybe nearer the time.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 2720 viewsArchfuldogster

I watched the Leeds game and the stream worked great. I'm overseas but in a country that was broadcasting the game so I had to use a VPN for the Ukraine which is a "dark country". It should come on before kick off as they have the pre game show. Todays game is available everywhere (with a VPN set for outside the UK).

I use team viewer to keep my father in laws PC and Android box working and it's great.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 13:59 - Aug 25 with 2686 viewsGroo

I hope they get their shit in order this time, last time the stream didn't start until 15 minutes into the game, missed the penalty as did Oli. Before that just Radio Wales which kept cutting to the Cardiff game!!

Groo does what Groo does best

Help needed re. Swans TV on 14:00 - Aug 25 with 2685 viewslegoman

Help needed re. Swans TV on 12:18 - Aug 25 by MoscowJack

I use Nord VPN which works well, although I've not yet tried it with Swans TV. Nord is usually about £100 per year but Google Nord voucher codes. I did that and got 1 year for £41. you can have 5 devices logged in to Nord at any one time

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Help needed re. Swans TV on 14:08 - Aug 25 with 2669 viewsPolskijack

Help needed re. Swans TV on 14:00 - Aug 25 by legoman

I use Nord VPN which works well, although I've not yet tried it with Swans TV. Nord is usually about £100 per year but Google Nord voucher codes. I did that and got 1 year for £41. you can have 5 devices logged in to Nord at any one time

I use https://www.ibvpn.com/plans-vpn-smartdns-proxy/

It works well on pc and Android and with Swans TV. Currently $58 for 2 years VPN, Smart DNS and Proxy Solution.
Help needed re. Swans TV on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 2588 viewsgadgetuk

So I have bought the game played for a bit then went offline. Now tells me there are no matches. I'm in France
Help needed re. Swans TV on 15:12 - Aug 25 with 2586 viewsKrisP

Help needed re. Swans TV on 15:11 - Aug 25 by gadgetuk

So I have bought the game played for a bit then went offline. Now tells me there are no matches. I'm in France

Same
Help needed re. Swans TV on 15:16 - Aug 25 with 2576 viewsLoyal

Shouldn't need a VPN if your in a bloody country that's OK!

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Help needed re. Swans TV on 15:21 - Aug 25 with 2557 viewsAnotherJohn

Help needed re. Swans TV on 15:12 - Aug 25 by KrisP

Same

Same. Reddit have a feed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024