Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans TV live 14:51 - Aug 25 with 9501 viewsLord_Bony

https://live.swanseacity.com

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans TV live on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 6826 viewsAnotherJohn

Have a reasonable stream now. The funny thing is that here in SE Asia I get bad freezing until I use my VPN and position myself in the Netherlands.
Swans TV live on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 6753 viewsAnotherJohn

Gone down for me and I can only get the purchase match page (bought a month already). I have just switched to Reddit and much better stream. Swans TV is rubbish.
Swans TV live on 15:12 - Aug 25 with 6741 viewsKrisP

Swans TV live on 15:11 - Aug 25 by AnotherJohn

Gone down for me and I can only get the purchase match page (bought a month already). I have just switched to Reddit and much better stream. Swans TV is rubbish.

Same
Swans TV live on 15:15 - Aug 25 with 6723 viewsbazzool

My subscription has it and it hasnt stopped once, the stream started and was from a computer on small screen then once kick off went to big screen :)
Swans TV live on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 6680 viewsPolskijack

Swans TV live on 15:12 - Aug 25 by KrisP

Same

Working great here. Watching on Android box with Swans app.
Swans TV live on 15:52 - Aug 25 with 6591 viewsAnotherJohn

Freezing and unwatchable here. Funnily enough though I have a rock solid free stream from somewhere else.
Swans TV live on 23:10 - Aug 25 with 6383 viewsLord_Bony

Swans TV live on 15:23 - Aug 25 by Polskijack

Working great here. Watching on Android box with Swans app.

Why does it work for some and not others?

Does it work better if you're abroad?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Swans TV live on 00:56 - Aug 26 with 6323 viewsAnotherJohn

I wonder if there is a difference between the Android App and using a laptop. I was using my laptop and the results were abysmal, although the stream started okay. Having given up on Swans TV I found the pirated stream on Vipbox was excellent. This suggests that Swans TV aren't doing things as well as Vipbox. I am in SE Asia.

Hope I can cancel the auto-renewing monthly subscription. Customer services don't answer messages. I have yet to receive a good stream for one whole game yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans TV live on 01:25 - Aug 26 with 6316 viewsKrisP

Swans TV live on 00:56 - Aug 26 by AnotherJohn

I wonder if there is a difference between the Android App and using a laptop. I was using my laptop and the results were abysmal, although the stream started okay. Having given up on Swans TV I found the pirated stream on Vipbox was excellent. This suggests that Swans TV aren't doing things as well as Vipbox. I am in SE Asia.

Hope I can cancel the auto-renewing monthly subscription. Customer services don't answer messages. I have yet to receive a good stream for one whole game yet.

Fairly sure the VIPBox stream was just a pirated SwansTV steam. But way worse quality. At least it worked for the first half hour though, unlike the official one.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 1:26]
Swans TV live on 01:41 - Aug 26 with 6302 viewsAnotherJohn

Vipbox worked for me for the whole game (apart from regular visits to the official stream which just froze on single images after being okay early in the game). The Vipbox quality wasn't bad in Asia, with good resolution and no lagging. Presumably the Vipbox server works better in some countries than the Swans TV server. My internet connection is an unlimited one at 6 Mbps. My laptop runs Win 10.
Swans TV live on 10:34 - Aug 26 with 6178 viewsLord_Bony

Swans TV live on 01:41 - Aug 26 by AnotherJohn

Vipbox worked for me for the whole game (apart from regular visits to the official stream which just froze on single images after being okay early in the game). The Vipbox quality wasn't bad in Asia, with good resolution and no lagging. Presumably the Vipbox server works better in some countries than the Swans TV server. My internet connection is an unlimited one at 6 Mbps. My laptop runs Win 10.

It does seem to be the case that https://live.swanseacity.com/ should take action on 2 points.

1. They should open a communication channel with subscribers,at the very least an email response.
No successful subscription model can run long term with no communication,especially if there are technical issues for paying members.

2.Immediately, there should be some form of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
This should include all the most recent known issues with the site and subscriptions.

The concept of Swans TV is very good and great for fans. Personally,I would love to hear live commentary through headphones while at a Swans game. Another reason for the owners to install free wi-fi at the Liberty as many clubs are doing these days...please can The Trust ask for this again?

But if Swans TV fail to address communication and teething troubles with this site, then it will be very difficult to get new subscriptions and consequently jeopardising its future.

A great idea,sort it out please?

Swans TV live on 13:58 - Aug 26 with 5919 viewsLoyal

The communication regards this from the club is appalling.
I tried to watch from abroad last week and it was impossible. My emails went unanswered.
So I call them. Things they said.

- you can't watch it on a tablet.
- you can't watch it on a browser on a tablet.
- you can't watch it on a phone.
- you can't watch it on a PC.

You need the app.
I get the app and it doesn't work.

They refuse to refund me.

I've placed both my purchases in dispute with Visa who have refunded me.

The best bit was the woman said ' We get so many calls about this it's impossible for it to be true, people need to know how to watch it'

Fck em.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans TV live on 14:24 - Aug 26 with 5901 viewsArchfuldogster

Swans TV live on 10:34 - Aug 26 by Lord_Bony

It does seem to be the case that https://live.swanseacity.com/ should take action on 2 points.

1. They should open a communication channel with subscribers,at the very least an email response.
No successful subscription model can run long term with no communication,especially if there are technical issues for paying members.

2.Immediately, there should be some form of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
This should include all the most recent known issues with the site and subscriptions.

The concept of Swans TV is very good and great for fans. Personally,I would love to hear live commentary through headphones while at a Swans game. Another reason for the owners to install free wi-fi at the Liberty as many clubs are doing these days...please can The Trust ask for this again?

But if Swans TV fail to address communication and teething troubles with this site, then it will be very difficult to get new subscriptions and consequently jeopardising its future.

A great idea,sort it out please?

It seems that for some reason it works well for some and poor or not at all for others. Another John mentions that his download speed is only 6mbps which will struggle to get a good live stream, particularly when it has to be rooted from SE Asia to the Swansea servers in the UK and back. I have 100mbps and am in Central Europe with pretty good routing links to the UK. This is probably why Swans TV live has worked great for me (apart from 1st 15 mins of Preston game which was a server problem for everyone). The FAQ on the Swans site states 4 mbps download with latency less than 50ms (how long it takes for the communication between your pc/box and the Swans servers) to view the streams but that will be in a perfect world with good routing. I doubt that latency will be less than 50ms so this could be a problem also.

Anybody having problems there are E.mail addresses on the FAQ site:
https://live.swanseacity.com/faq.html

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply though!
Swans TV live on 14:28 - Aug 26 with 5885 viewsepaul

Hellraiser now has a section for the ifollow footie channels, so should get swans games live on there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swans TV live on 14:29 - Aug 26 with 5881 viewsArchfuldogster

Swans TV live on 13:58 - Aug 26 by Loyal

The communication regards this from the club is appalling.
I tried to watch from abroad last week and it was impossible. My emails went unanswered.
So I call them. Things they said.

- you can't watch it on a tablet.
- you can't watch it on a browser on a tablet.
- you can't watch it on a phone.
- you can't watch it on a PC.

You need the app.
I get the app and it doesn't work.

They refuse to refund me.

I've placed both my purchases in dispute with Visa who have refunded me.

The best bit was the woman said ' We get so many calls about this it's impossible for it to be true, people need to know how to watch it'

Fck em.

They had better update their site then as they are talking bllks!

What are the system requirements?

For use of SwansTV Live your device needs to comply with the following minimum system requirements:

Processor: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks;

Memory: 2GB (1GB for netbooks) 128MB of graphics memory.

Operating Systems: Windows 8.1 or later, Mac 9+

Browsers: latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, Safari; 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks)

Mobiles & Tablets: Operating System: Android 6+, iOS 9+
Swans TV live on 14:49 - Aug 26 with 5850 viewsGroo

I had no issue getting the stream to work, it just froze 3 minutes into the game, after doing a refresh of the page it reloaded to the option to buy page rather than the stream itself which meant I would have had to pay a second time to get back in.

You'd have thought they would have saved your purchase status in some sort of cookie.

Once your in limbo, there's no recourse.

Their email confirming your purchase tells you to contact them if you need assistance, but it has no contact details, the email itself is from no reply address.

I thought it a great idea but having bought two games, Preston and Bristol, and missing the first 15 minutes of the first game and last 87 of the second, I'm rather wary of ever buying into a 3rd game.

Groo does what Groo does best

Swans TV live on 14:49 - Aug 26 with 5850 viewsAnotherJohn

Swans TV live on 14:24 - Aug 26 by Archfuldogster

It seems that for some reason it works well for some and poor or not at all for others. Another John mentions that his download speed is only 6mbps which will struggle to get a good live stream, particularly when it has to be rooted from SE Asia to the Swansea servers in the UK and back. I have 100mbps and am in Central Europe with pretty good routing links to the UK. This is probably why Swans TV live has worked great for me (apart from 1st 15 mins of Preston game which was a server problem for everyone). The FAQ on the Swans site states 4 mbps download with latency less than 50ms (how long it takes for the communication between your pc/box and the Swans servers) to view the streams but that will be in a perfect world with good routing. I doubt that latency will be less than 50ms so this could be a problem also.

Anybody having problems there are E.mail addresses on the FAQ site:
https://live.swanseacity.com/faq.html

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply though!

Re the 6 Mbps issue, the funny thing is that the pirated Vipbox stream was fine - no lagging at all. It was bizarre to switch from that back to the official paid stream and find it was unwatchable. The Swans TV free replay of the Sheffield game was also okay with no lagging.
Swans TV live on 16:09 - Aug 26 with 5735 viewsArchfuldogster

Swans TV live on 14:49 - Aug 26 by AnotherJohn

Re the 6 Mbps issue, the funny thing is that the pirated Vipbox stream was fine - no lagging at all. It was bizarre to switch from that back to the official paid stream and find it was unwatchable. The Swans TV free replay of the Sheffield game was also okay with no lagging.

The Vipbox pirated stream would in all likelihood have been broadcast at lower bitrate levels and the servers could have been more easily reached from your location. Therefore giving a working stream which is not the case with the higher bitrate and lower latency requirements from the Swans UK servers.

With regard to the replay working fine, this is probably because it wasn't live so the video can build a sizeable buffer which it can't do with the live TV stuff, therefore allowing streaming without lagging. Your 6mbps and latency levels were sufficient for this. I watched the Leeds game using a VPN putting my IP address in the Ukraine (dark country), yet I still got a perfect stream for the whole game.

I'm not making excuses for them, far from it, just giving possible explanations. If they advertise a service they should provide it and if not refund the money paid.
Swans TV live on 16:29 - Aug 26 with 5703 viewsLord_Bony

Swans TV live on 14:29 - Aug 26 by Archfuldogster

They had better update their site then as they are talking bllks!

What are the system requirements?

For use of SwansTV Live your device needs to comply with the following minimum system requirements:

Processor: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks;

Memory: 2GB (1GB for netbooks) 128MB of graphics memory.

Operating Systems: Windows 8.1 or later, Mac 9+

Browsers: latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, Safari; 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks)

Mobiles & Tablets: Operating System: Android 6+, iOS 9+

So it seems you have to have a reasonable rig and good internet Mbps upload and download to watch the live stream.

A big problem for pc users, of course, being the Windows operating system. It has to be at least Win8, my personal choice, even though its a new type pc is Win7 as is the choice of many others. So does this mean it will not work properly on Win7?

Also, it appears it is not compatible with iPad 1,2 and 3 because they cannot update their operating systems to iOS 9?

Swans TV live on 16:40 - Aug 26 with 5676 viewsJack123

Swans TV live on 14:28 - Aug 26 by epaul

Hellraiser now has a section for the ifollow footie channels, so should get swans games live on there

How do I buy it or trial it? Just join this forum is it? http://hellraiseriptv.com/forum/

libera nos a malo

Swans TV live on 16:52 - Aug 26 with 5643 viewsGaryjack

Swans TV live on 14:28 - Aug 26 by epaul

Forest game is being shown on ifollow.
Swans TV live on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 5636 viewsploppy

Swans TV live on 16:29 - Aug 26 by Lord_Bony

So it seems you have to have a reasonable rig and good internet Mbps upload and download to watch the live stream.

A big problem for pc users, of course, being the Windows operating system. It has to be at least Win8, my personal choice, even though its a new type pc is Win7 as is the choice of many others. So does this mean it will not work properly on Win7?

Also, it appears it is not compatible with iPad 1,2 and 3 because they cannot update their operating systems to iOS 9?

My iPad 2 runs iOS 9.3.5., so I assume is supported, as would iPad 3's. Don't know about iPad 1. Haven't tried it mind.

I have a 10-year old Mac laptop and it works fine on that, but I also have good internet (70Mbps). Something strange is happening though, because when the official stream was down for me yesterday (at around 20mins) it was obviously working elsewhere ... ahem ... so I was able to watch that in the meantime. What was most odd was, when it stopped working I went back into my SwansTV account (on my laptop) and the match wasn't even showing there - no placeholder even. I could "buy" it though, so it's obviously not clever enough to know that you've paid already. All very odd.
Swans TV live on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 5611 viewsepaul

Swans TV live on 16:40 - Aug 26 by Jack123

How do I buy it or trial it? Just join this forum is it? http://hellraiseriptv.com/forum/

Yeah sign up to the forum, then goto section to purchase and message one if the sellers (mj preferably gets you sirted quickly)

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swans TV live on 17:19 - Aug 26 with 5587 viewsLord_Bony

Swans TV live on 17:01 - Aug 26 by ploppy

My iPad 2 runs iOS 9.3.5., so I assume is supported, as would iPad 3's. Don't know about iPad 1. Haven't tried it mind.

I have a 10-year old Mac laptop and it works fine on that, but I also have good internet (70Mbps). Something strange is happening though, because when the official stream was down for me yesterday (at around 20mins) it was obviously working elsewhere ... ahem ... so I was able to watch that in the meantime. What was most odd was, when it stopped working I went back into my SwansTV account (on my laptop) and the match wasn't even showing there - no placeholder even. I could "buy" it though, so it's obviously not clever enough to know that you've paid already. All very odd.

Yep. All iPads and iPhones not a problem.

Good news.

Swans TV live on 03:56 - Aug 27 with 5233 viewsphact0rri

yeah this sounds like its failing spectacularly. I like that they tried something here. but it sounds like they are going to end up losing more money than they are making.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024