Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 15:58 - Aug 25 with 5122 views34dfgdf54

No more excuses.

Sort it second half or never put the shirt on again
Tom Carroll on 16:02 - Aug 25 with 3612 viewsFireboy2

I honestly forgot he was playing until about the 20th minute

Powder puff and a sh!thouse
Tom Carroll on 16:07 - Aug 25 with 3573 viewsdickythorpe

The new Ki
Tom Carroll on 16:07 - Aug 25 with 3573 viewshobo

We have a weak squad, we have no choice. Baker-Richardson being on the bench says it all - a player who looks out of his depth for the U23s
Tom Carroll on 16:59 - Aug 25 with 3391 viewsicecoldjack

It says everything about Tom when he gets swapped for Matt Grimes, Who played better !

Like I said before, Tom Carol could never get in our team the first time around, he was behind Orlandi, Gower etc.

Why somebody then thought it smart to sign him for 5m know in the wasn't good enough last time is a joke .
Tom Carroll on 17:19 - Aug 25 with 3245 viewsA_Fans_Dad

But you must admit he had some better games in the Prem.
He has gone downhill every year and doesn't look like stopping any time soon.
Tom Carroll on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 3223 viewsTom1912

Thought Grimes did okay when he came on. A lot better than Carroll anyway.
Tom Carroll on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 3222 viewsymaohyd

Tom Carroll on 16:59 - Aug 25 by icecoldjack

It says everything about Tom when he gets swapped for Matt Grimes, Who played better !

Like I said before, Tom Carol could never get in our team the first time around, he was behind Orlandi, Gower etc.

Why somebody then thought it smart to sign him for 5m know in the wasn't good enough last time is a joke .

He is nowhere near good enough. He is one of the reasons I am glad to be out of the premier league, where money was there to be spent and as has been the case for ourselves, millions wasted.

I think we have refreshing and exciting times ahead of us with Potter for the time he is with us.

Tom Carroll will put the odd decent ball in as he has a decent left foot but I hope that in a years time, we no longer carry players like this. Players won't always be on top of their game, however, in Tom's case he rarely has any kind of positive influence on the game.

Unfortunately, given the way the idiots running the club are going about things we are stuck with a few players, for the time being.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Tom Carroll on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 3222 viewsGeoffThom

Potters making the same mistake as others ,every time he’s played he’s been awful and he’s hooked him a few times now ,he needs to learn the lesson or send this kid out on loan for the season
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 17:23 - Aug 25 with 3203 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tom Carroll on 17:21 - Aug 25 by GeoffThom

Potters making the same mistake as others ,every time he’s played he’s been awful and he’s hooked him a few times now ,he needs to learn the lesson or send this kid out on loan for the season

He might if he had someone else to put in the side as a replacement.
Tom Carroll on 17:23 - Aug 25 with 3195 viewsmarchamjack

Leave off him mun...I’ve been told on here before he’s better than Gylfi 😀

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Tom Carroll on 17:26 - Aug 25 with 3158 viewsicecoldjack

Tom Carroll on 17:19 - Aug 25 by A_Fans_Dad

But you must admit he had some better games in the Prem.
He has gone downhill every year and doesn't look like stopping any time soon.

He had one or two good performances yet not one of those comprised a 90 min effort . A lower league player will offer the same but probably with far more effort.

Waste of space signing, and it says a lot when I actually feel sorry for the boy, I honestly think Huw took a look at him and thought " yep,small, can play a bit,surely the next Leon britton" he's gonna get eaten alive in this division, and hiding on the field won't help him either .

Shame for the boy, I'm hoping potter can make something of him, doesn't assume any leadership on the field either, he's been playing in the premier league for seasons and the youth players have better on field leadership.
Tom Carroll on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 3150 viewsGeoffThom

Tom Carroll on 17:23 - Aug 25 by A_Fans_Dad

He might if he had someone else to put in the side as a replacement.

Sorry ,but the manager fecked up today ,the side that started against Leeds should have started today ,we went backwards against Leeds when Carroll came on and I understand fer needs nursing but he should have played the first 55 and then taken been off ,you get your noses in front first then try hold on ,potter got this one wrong
Tom Carroll on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 3144 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tom Carroll on 17:26 - Aug 25 by icecoldjack

He had one or two good performances yet not one of those comprised a 90 min effort . A lower league player will offer the same but probably with far more effort.

Waste of space signing, and it says a lot when I actually feel sorry for the boy, I honestly think Huw took a look at him and thought " yep,small, can play a bit,surely the next Leon britton" he's gonna get eaten alive in this division, and hiding on the field won't help him either .

Shame for the boy, I'm hoping potter can make something of him, doesn't assume any leadership on the field either, he's been playing in the premier league for seasons and the youth players have better on field leadership.

Plus more effort, enthusiasm and skill.
Tom Carroll on 17:34 - Aug 25 with 3096 viewsAnotherJohn

Not good enough for the EPL, too lightweight for the Championship. But some of us were saying that last year - and even when he was signed from Spurs.
Tom Carroll on 17:47 - Aug 25 with 3018 viewsicecoldjack

Tom Carroll on 17:34 - Aug 25 by AnotherJohn

Not good enough for the EPL, too lightweight for the Championship. But some of us were saying that last year - and even when he was signed from Spurs.

Yep, most knew it after seeing him get nowhere near in his first stint here.
Tom Carroll on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 2943 viewsGriffting

His decline is worrying.

You’d think (hope) he’d be too quick in thought for a lot in this league, however his indecisiveness has led to him being robbed of the ball countless times in very dangerous areas.

Until he sorts that out it’s inconceivable to play him in that deep midfield role.

He obviously aware of how bad he’s playing because you don’t just get hooked at half time for no reason. He can definitely play much better and that’s probably the most infuriating thing about it.
Tom Carroll on 18:01 - Aug 25 with 2876 viewsjasper_T

Was good against Sheffield United. Seems a long time ago now.
Tom Carroll on 18:02 - Aug 25 with 2861 viewsJoshTheJack

I hope Grimes plays on tuesday and forces his way into the team looked far better.I never thought i'd be saying that!!
Tom Carroll on 18:49 - Aug 25 with 2688 viewsNewhousemustscore

Tom Carroll on 17:55 - Aug 25 by Griffting

His decline is worrying.

You’d think (hope) he’d be too quick in thought for a lot in this league, however his indecisiveness has led to him being robbed of the ball countless times in very dangerous areas.

Until he sorts that out it’s inconceivable to play him in that deep midfield role.

He obviously aware of how bad he’s playing because you don’t just get hooked at half time for no reason. He can definitely play much better and that’s probably the most infuriating thing about it.

What is this decline people talk of? He was awful on loan for us & when we signed him on a permanent deal most people I know we're gutted & the Spurs fans on their forum were pissing themselves laughing. Apart from Bony he must be one of the highest earners. He's played in the Premiership but I'd take a midfielder from the days we were in the lower division before him, like Ampadu, Cornforth or Martin Thomas.
Tom Carroll on 18:59 - Aug 25 with 2642 viewsicecoldjack

Tom Carroll on 18:49 - Aug 25 by Newhousemustscore

What is this decline people talk of? He was awful on loan for us & when we signed him on a permanent deal most people I know we're gutted & the Spurs fans on their forum were pissing themselves laughing. Apart from Bony he must be one of the highest earners. He's played in the Premiership but I'd take a midfielder from the days we were in the lower division before him, like Ampadu, Cornforth or Martin Thomas.

Yep, poor old Tom would get nowhere near our midfield set up in L1 or championship 8-10 yrs ago, and was no where near when we got to the prem league while on loan, if it's one thing swans fans will know is a decent midfielder when they see one, we've been blessed with some nice footballers on our way up. Tom has been an utter failure apart from 1 cross away at Liverpool and a few other things.

Amongst that young team you'd expect him to at least take responsibility but I've seen nothing from him, that's the sad part for me, our local lads and younger players showing him the way.
Tom Carroll on 19:08 - Aug 25 with 2592 viewsSomethingRandom

The sooner Fer is fully fit the better. Fer and Fulton look good together in the middle. I said it on Tuesday, Carroll drags everyone else down. We were a shadow until Fer came on. Carroll was awful...again.

Jog on, Kitty...

Tom Carroll on 19:28 - Aug 25 with 2513 viewsBadlands

Have to get improvements on Carroll, Fulton, Astro and McKay (McKay is going to be our Championship Clucas.)
Dyer, Naughton, Routledge and Rangell would have been a step up on 7 of the 10 halves we've played this season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Tom Carroll on 19:31 - Aug 25 with 2498 viewsFlashberryjack

Tom Carroll on 16:07 - Aug 25 by dickythorpe

The new Ki

Not fit to lace Ki's boots.....and Ki was absolute shyte.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tom Carroll on 19:35 - Aug 25 with 2477 viewsicecoldjack

Tom Carroll on 17:28 - Aug 25 by GeoffThom

Sorry ,but the manager fecked up today ,the side that started against Leeds should have started today ,we went backwards against Leeds when Carroll came on and I understand fer needs nursing but he should have played the first 55 and then taken been off ,you get your noses in front first then try hold on ,potter got this one wrong

Fair points. But I think potter may well have been hoping not to play fer at all, realising it's a long season with maybe no help from the board .

As it turned out he needed to put him on, we were done by a bit of bad luck right at the start and that ensured Tom slipped into his shell and our dynamic was thrown out of sync.

I dunno if it's a fook up, just a manager having to use every resource possible at a very early stage of the season, it can't be easy for potter, a look at our bench is quite telling .
Tom Carroll on 19:35 - Aug 25 with 2475 viewsawayjack

Tom Carroll on 18:02 - Aug 25 by JoshTheJack

I hope Grimes plays on tuesday and forces his way into the team looked far better.I never thought i'd be saying that!!

Felt the same. Suprised he came on at HT but a big improvement on Carrol. Not hard mind Carrol was a disgrace today. Any chance we’ll ship him out? Who’ll take him if we paid part of his wages Newport?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024