Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McCain 02:31 - Aug 26 with 1727 viewsCountyJim

The world has lost a very decent man tonight our household has Shed a tear

A very decent man we have lost
John McCain on 03:43 - Aug 26 with 1690 viewssnork44

A very decent man and a politician who was very fair to his political opponents. One person who could learn from such a man is the present incumbent of the White House, but he opens his gob before engaging his brain! McCain was a very brave man who endured torture from the North Vietnamese and fought Cancer with the same fortitude. America has lost a very great man tonight.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

John McCain on 04:24 - Aug 26 with 1681 viewsTummer_from_Texas

a slightly extended version of that excerpt:

He dove his A-4 on a thermal power plant near a lake in the center of the city.

As he released his bombs on the target, a Russian-made missile the size of a telephone pole blew off his right wing. The lieutenant commander pulled his ejection-seat handle and was knocked unconscious by the force as he was hurled from the plane. He came to when he hit the lake, where a mob of Vietnamese had gathered.

With both arms and his right knee broken, he was dragged from the lake, beaten with a rifle butt and stabbed in the foot with a bayonet. Then Sen. McCain was taken to the French-built prison that American POWs had dubbed the “Hanoi Hilton.”

So began 5½ years of torture and imprisonment, nearly half of it spent in solitary confinement. During that time, his only means of communicating with other prisoners was by tapping out the alphabet through the walls.

At first, his family was told that he was probably dead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/john-mccain-maverick-of-the-sena

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

John McCain on 10:23 - Aug 26 with 1530 viewsCatullus

Given how much I loathe politicians, he was somebody I could have voted for.

R.I.P.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

John McCain on 10:24 - Aug 26 with 1529 viewsexiledclaseboy

Seemed like a nice enough chap for a Republican. Shame about choosing Palin as his running mate mind.

Poll: Tory leader

John McCain on 11:11 - Aug 26 with 1467 viewsLord_Bony

Bit of a warhawk.

Didn't like his meddling in Syria and constant drive for invasion.

Apart from that, a decent politician and a good person.

RIP.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

John McCain on 11:34 - Aug 26 with 1440 viewspikeypaul

He would have made a far better POTUS than the guy he lost to who done nothing in his 8 years despite all the razzmatazz when he entered office.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

John McCain on 11:38 - Aug 26 with 1431 viewsdickythorpe

Made a faux pas with frozen roasties but his beefeater chips were a triumph.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024