Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City site 14:03 - Aug 26 with 5157 viewsowainglyndwr

Their fans think that we were punching above our weight for a small club being in the premiership for 7 years.

My thoughts are that we done it of merit without a multi millionaire throwing money into us.

What do you call a small club ?
We are not a massive club but do not consider us small.

After all what has Bristol proved to make them think they are any bigger.
Simular crowd attendaces over the last 30 years when being in the same division
Or is it when you have a very wealthy owner.
Bristol City site on 14:05 - Aug 26 with 4444 viewsLoyal

Bristol City are a small club.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bristol City site on 14:20 - Aug 26 with 4377 viewspeenemunde

Bcfc have done nothing in their whole history.
Bristol City site on 14:23 - Aug 26 with 4345 viewsdickythorpe

We are unique. We do things "our way"......more often or not the "hard way" but for several seasons from 2003 onwards we were an example of how a club can turn things around.
We didn't survive longer in the PL simply due to millions upon millions to spend.
Crapdiff will suffer again due to this.
Bristol City site on 14:30 - Aug 26 with 4307 viewsDewi1jack

Bristol City site on 14:20 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

This.

Last time that small club was in the top flight was, if I remember rightly, about a season or two before we went up under Tosh.
Don't think they've won either major cup involving the league clubs as both our eastern cousins and us have done.

Is that why they have the jealousy of us and our 6 fingered Eastern cousins?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bristol City site on 14:31 - Aug 26 with 4301 viewsAnotherJohn

Bristol City site on 14:20 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

I suppose they had their short spell (1977-80) in the top division. The only thing I really remember about them is their shaven-headed keeper, John Shaw. Years later when he played briefly for Exeter City, I saw him concede a soft goal from a handling error and get into an argument with fans behind the goal who were taunting him. i think that must have been near the end of his football league career.
Bristol City site on 14:34 - Aug 26 with 4281 viewsthornabyswan

Bristol City site on 14:31 - Aug 26 by AnotherJohn

I suppose they had their short spell (1977-80) in the top division. The only thing I really remember about them is their shaven-headed keeper, John Shaw. Years later when he played briefly for Exeter City, I saw him concede a soft goal from a handling error and get into an argument with fans behind the goal who were taunting him. i think that must have been near the end of his football league career.

Have always had time for Bristol Rovers.
City remind me of the tw@ts up the road.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bristol City site on 15:21 - Aug 26 with 4059 viewsbyron

Bristol City site on 14:05 - Aug 26 by Loyal

Bristol City are a small club.

I’d say they are average size, the general league 1 and 2 clubs are small, your Rochdales, Scunthorpe, Newport and bury, they are small. Amazing how unsuccessful the city of Bristol has been when it comes to sport historically, nothing of note. If it was a one club city, which it might aswell be, they’d probably be bigger.

Benny

Bristol City site on 15:51 - Aug 26 with 3860 viewsMrSwerve

Ah, the old 'club size' debate.

Who gives a toss. We've been in the top flight for the last 7 years, won a major trophy and competed in Europe. That's more than 90% of these small-medium sized clubs have achieved in the last 30-40 years. More achieved than 'big' clubs like Villa, Leeds etc over the last 10-15 years. I'd take that over 30-40k attendances every day of the week.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City site on 16:00 - Aug 26 with 3785 viewstrampie

If I remember right they beat the Gunners at Highbury first game of the season.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bristol City site on 16:10 - Aug 26 with 3707 viewsBloodyhills

Can't say I am too bothered about what Bristol City fans think.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Bristol City site on 16:12 - Aug 26 with 3688 viewsThornburyswan

Bristol City site on 15:51 - Aug 26 by MrSwerve

Ah, the old 'club size' debate.

Who gives a toss. We've been in the top flight for the last 7 years, won a major trophy and competed in Europe. That's more than 90% of these small-medium sized clubs have achieved in the last 30-40 years. More achieved than 'big' clubs like Villa, Leeds etc over the last 10-15 years. I'd take that over 30-40k attendances every day of the week.

This, agree wholeheartedly now let's move on.
Bristol City site on 16:15 - Aug 26 with 3664 viewsKrisP

By Premier League standards, were we certainly a small club when we went up. Our stature was imported by seven years at the top table. I can't argue that we weren't "punching above our weight" when we used "the Swansea way" to get promoted at the expense of clubs with bigger budgets and bigger crowds, and then went on to beat even bigger clubs.
Bristol City site on 16:48 - Aug 26 with 3526 viewsswan65split

Bristol City site on 15:21 - Aug 26 by byron

I’d say they are average size, the general league 1 and 2 clubs are small, your Rochdales, Scunthorpe, Newport and bury, they are small. Amazing how unsuccessful the city of Bristol has been when it comes to sport historically, nothing of note. If it was a one club city, which it might aswell be, they’d probably be bigger.

Yep a big place like Brizzie hasnt really produced the City fans are like Scumdiff ones , think they are the chosen ones...oh hang on a bit,,,theres a few here innit!
Bristol City site on 16:57 - Aug 26 with 3465 viewsTheResurrection

Their fans would be right. We were a small club punching massively above our weight but we grew, organically, and that was all thanks to the old board of directors and some excellent managers.

Our task now is to keep growing and right now that means establishing ourselves in the top 2 divisions. It's how all the club's that could've been perceived small, the Norwich type club's, the West Brom's etc have grown to be the bigger clubs they are now.

Relegation isn't a curse, it's a part of football and one we should just accept and do our best to move on and up.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bristol City site on 18:16 - Aug 26 with 3188 viewsBluebird

Bristol City site on 14:23 - Aug 26 by dickythorpe

We are unique. We do things "our way"......more often or not the "hard way" but for several seasons from 2003 onwards we were an example of how a club can turn things around.
We didn't survive longer in the PL simply due to millions upon millions to spend.
Crapdiff will suffer again due to this.

We will be better prepared for relegation if/when it happens unlike a host of relegated clubs such as yourselves and us last time.
Keeping to the topic of the thread Bristol City fans always think they are the high and mighty before xmas then they suddenly realise they are shit and go quiet again until the start of the following season..
Bristol City site on 19:10 - Aug 26 with 2952 viewsChrisSCFC

Bristol City site on 09:49 - Aug 27 with 2432 viewsChrisSCFC

Nice to see our achievements recognised.

Fair play to Bristol too for finishing 11th in the second division last season, massive effort from a little team.

Put your hands up for Bristol City.

Bristol City site on 09:59 - Aug 27 with 2398 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City site on 18:16 - Aug 26 by Bluebird

We will be better prepared for relegation if/when it happens unlike a host of relegated clubs such as yourselves and us last time.
Keeping to the topic of the thread Bristol City fans always think they are the high and mighty before xmas then they suddenly realise they are shit and go quiet again until the start of the following season..

Of course Vinny Tan could cut & run it’s well documented he’s lost millions funding his plaything

Has he converted the debt to equity as he promised yet? Things can turn in football very quickly as we have found out.
Bristol City site on 12:20 - Aug 27 with 2249 viewsLoyal

Bristol City site on 15:21 - Aug 26 by byron

Judge them by their success they are miniscule.
Judge them by their support base they are average.
Judge them by their delusional nonsense, by fck they are premier league.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bristol City site on 12:40 - Aug 27 with 2232 viewsBluebird

Bristol City site on 09:59 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Of course Vinny Tan could cut & run it’s well documented he’s lost millions funding his plaything

Has he converted the debt to equity as he promised yet? Things can turn in football very quickly as we have found out.

I know anything can happen in football and as you should know Swansea and Cardiff have had plenty of bad times under idiot owners.
Tan i believe has learned a lesson and is running the club better and is being better advised this time.
I believe he has converted alot but not all of the debt yet but we seem to be doing things right off the field but as you say things can change quickly.
You were a well run club but it seems some ie Jenkins got greedy and sly and messed all the good work up but i honestly believe you will be back in the premier in two or three seasons..
Bristol City site on 13:39 - Aug 27 with 2165 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City site on 14:30 - Aug 26 by Dewi1jack

This.

Last time that small club was in the top flight was, if I remember rightly, about a season or two before we went up under Tosh.
Don't think they've won either major cup involving the league clubs as both our eastern cousins and us have done.

Hang on, in the interests of balance they did win the league cup in 1969.............

Oh no, that was Swindon. Even Swindon have won more than Brizzle City.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City site on 13:44 - Aug 27 with 2145 viewsRancid

I've never heard us being called anything but a small club who made it to the top.

If you went on 91 otherclubs forums they'd say the same about us which is right.
Bristol City site on 18:03 - Aug 27 with 1993 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Bristol City site on 13:44 - Aug 27 by Rancid

I've never heard us being called anything but a small club who made it to the top.

If you went on 91 otherclubs forums they'd say the same about us which is right.

I don't really care what bristol city fans think, and after having to sit/stand near these sub humans i hope they get all they deserve, whixh is nothing but misery.
Bristol City site on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 1983 viewsperchrockjack

Bournemouth

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bristol City site on 18:30 - Aug 27 with 1933 viewsGaryjack

Bristol City site on 14:30 - Aug 26 by Dewi1jack

This.

In their promotion year 75/76 I remember their then manager Alan Dicks threatened to quit if they didn't get a crowd of over 20,000 for their game against Chelsea 4 games before the end of the season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024