Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's football 08:53 - Aug 30 with 648 viewsCatullus

Good luck to the Welsh women against England, c'mon you Dragonesses.

A stat read out on the Welsh news today, apparently 88% of women footballers in England earn less than 80k per year.
Now I've watched womens games and the quality is really poor by comparison but, you can't fault their heart, desire and determination. Even better they don't roll around like a bunch of wimps when fouled, they don't go down (like a sniper got them) at the merest touch and some of the tackling is vicious.
My point is, at 50-80k per year, are they underpaid or paid just about right? When you look at people like Ronaldo and Messi, they get about that much per day, which is ridiculous, right?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Women's football on 09:44 - Aug 30 with 619 viewsDarran

Going by the atrocious standard they aren’t worth £50-£80 a year.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Women's football on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 595 viewsTim_Harry

Professional football is an entertainment business. How much they earn depends on how many people are willing to pay to watch them. Sponsorship deals and TV money also depends on the size of the audience.

It's that simple.
Women's football on 10:44 - Aug 30 with 564 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If they're not talented enough to draw large audiences, therefore generating more sponsorship money and gate receipts, then no it isn't ridiculous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024