Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good article about relegation/PL nonsense 20:51 - Aug 30 with 1462 viewsbyron

https://www.football365.com/news/stop-fretting-about-relegation-instead-embrace-

Benny

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 09:57 - Aug 31 with 1249 viewsjackrmee

Marvellous, good Lord.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 1211 viewsCatullus

I have been saying this!!! I was relieved when we dropped. I nearly didn't renew my season ticket because another season of boring, negative football combined with thrashings by the big clubs and no hope of ever competing with them (apart from a once in a while unlikely result) had become too much.
Trying to avoid relegation isn't a great long term plan. When success is considered not failing, when treading water is considered success, something is wrong.
The EPL is not a competition, as I've said before, it is merely a support structure for the top 6/7 clubs. All the big money goes to them, they get stronger every year while the rest get weaker.
I used to be against a European league, the break up of English league football and the top clubs joining other country's top clubs in a elite closed shop. These days I'm all for it. The big clubs can sod off. All they think about is the extra money, as if players and agents don't get enough of that.
I used to say if I had a mega euromillions win I'd buy the Swans but not any more, not the way things are.
I'd rather wander around Swansea handing 100k cheques out to families. And yes, even though we are in another meltdown (whatever the causes) I am still enjoying this league more because even now, we still know we can play entertaining football and win games, something that the EPL had throttled out of us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 10:33 - Aug 31 with 1199 viewsomarjack

psst..Who cares about the final stages of the World Cup and the Champions League? Lincoln are playing Yeovil FFS! The whole world should tune in to that, after all, it's equal entertainment!

Pathetic article, mingled with denial and jealousy of the PL clubs. He'd lick Pulis's @rsehole for a chance for Boro to play in the PL next season.

Prestige is what matters. If France and Croatia played each other in a friendly it could be entertaining, But nobody would give a f*ck who'd win or lose..But when they played each other in the World Cup final, The whole world was watching.

Sunderland might win League One this year, I don't know if they will. But they'll certainly win more matches than their last few seasons, which could offer more "entertainment" to their fans. But does it really matter? It's bloody League One.

I might be spoiled with our 7 years in the prestigious Premier League. But once we've reached a level. It became hard to enjoy minor successes. I was happy we've beaten Sheff Utd and Preston. But I'd take 1 more year in the PL than 10 decent non-promotional championship seasons.

We've fallen off the map now. I don't see how we'd enjoy beating few teams around this division knowing that it won't amount to us getting promoted. Hard season ahead.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 10:49 - Aug 31 with 1161 viewsdobjack2

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 10:33 - Aug 31 by omarjack

psst..Who cares about the final stages of the World Cup and the Champions League? Lincoln are playing Yeovil FFS! The whole world should tune in to that, after all, it's equal entertainment!

Pathetic article, mingled with denial and jealousy of the PL clubs. He'd lick Pulis's @rsehole for a chance for Boro to play in the PL next season.

Prestige is what matters. If France and Croatia played each other in a friendly it could be entertaining, But nobody would give a f*ck who'd win or lose..But when they played each other in the World Cup final, The whole world was watching.

Sunderland might win League One this year, I don't know if they will. But they'll certainly win more matches than their last few seasons, which could offer more "entertainment" to their fans. But does it really matter? It's bloody League One.

I might be spoiled with our 7 years in the prestigious Premier League. But once we've reached a level. It became hard to enjoy minor successes. I was happy we've beaten Sheff Utd and Preston. But I'd take 1 more year in the PL than 10 decent non-promotional championship seasons.

We've fallen off the map now. I don't see how we'd enjoy beating few teams around this division knowing that it won't amount to us getting promoted. Hard season ahead.

if A team is struggling in any league and goes into survival mode - trying to grind out enough points not to be relegated- it can be pretty awful to watch. Especially if that’s what happens season after season.

The premier league is not the be all and end all. The one thing that shouldn’t have been risked to stay there was the long term future of the club, something that clearly happened with our wages structure and the high transfer fee gambles on bony and Ayew.
Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 10:58 - Aug 31 with 1144 viewsJinxy

I think you have been "spoiled".You may, or may not have witnessed our rise & fall last time around. I did, and appreciate that for clubs like us anyway, everything is cyclical. Personally, promotion isn't the be all and end all. I love football, even Sunday morning games, and have had the privilege of watching little Swansea show others how it's done - more than once! Personally, I'm in no rush to watch us lose more than draw + win combined in whatever league, as it's always painful.

We've fallen off no "map", and there's more to football than "prestige". We are in the championship (an excellent league), have a talented young squad, an excellent coach in my view, and first class academy and training facilities. There's a lot wrong of course, but we are in a far better position to compete (I choose that word carefully) now, than in the 80's. Just enjoy the "now", because this time around we have a platform to leap from. COYS.
Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 1137 viewsjackrmee

Personally, I'm much more excited and up for this season than I have been for the last couple. Yeah it's nice to have big names and superstars come to our town, and it's nice to have money pouring into the club and the local businesses too, but it's no fun watching the team play out drab matches week in week out, with no style or aims apart from scraping enough points to stay in the league, only to do the same thing again and again.

It was nothing less than spectacular when we first got into the Prem. We were playing great and were the most talked about team on the planet for a while. It was exciting and special. But we lost that.
Now we can blame whoever we like, but the fact is, it wasn't fun any more. It was sh!t.

I was absolutely gutted when we came down, exacerbated by the fact that the scumbags down the road swapped places with us, but after watching the games this season, I have more to be excited about the future than I felt in the Prem the last few years. I've been smiling leaving the ground and have more to cheer about than worry about.

Fck the Prem! If it takes us a few years to get back to playing nifty football and getting people talking about us positively again, then I'm happy to wait.
If we can then make a push for promotion again and get into the top flight playing great football, that people actually want to see and hopefully be more equipped to stay in the division like we did under Brendan, then that's what I want to see.

Just being in the Prem in order to rake in the cash wasn't doing us any good. Especially as that cash wasn't being spent in the right way and was inevitably lining some bellend's pockets.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 11:31 - Aug 31 with 1100 viewsbyron

Everyone will watch the World Cup final though, whoever is init.
The sooner the premier league becomes a 10 club league with 2 down relegation the better, it will happen soon enough. The bottom 10 to join the top 12 of the championship in a very good league.

Benny

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 15:12 - Aug 31 with 988 viewsdobjack2

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 11:31 - Aug 31 by byron

Everyone will watch the World Cup final though, whoever is init.
The sooner the premier league becomes a 10 club league with 2 down relegation the better, it will happen soon enough. The bottom 10 to join the top 12 of the championship in a very good league.

The 3 big London club’s, 2 from Manchester and 1 from Liverpool would probably feck over everyone else if they got the chance.

Can’t see them wanting a league that small with relegation involved.

The other problem with your idea is the tv money. The tv companies wouldn’t give a flying one for any league that doesn’t have the viewer pulling power of the top teams. That would just make the league below the championship with championship money. The big money would be divided between less clubs.

The bottom half premier clubs would never vote for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 17:02 - Aug 31 with 936 viewsbyron

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 15:12 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

The 3 big London club’s, 2 from Manchester and 1 from Liverpool would probably feck over everyone else if they got the chance.

Can’t see them wanting a league that small with relegation involved.

The other problem with your idea is the tv money. The tv companies wouldn’t give a flying one for any league that doesn’t have the viewer pulling power of the top teams. That would just make the league below the championship with championship money. The big money would be divided between less clubs.

The bottom half premier clubs would never vote for that.

We have to have at least one relegation spot, and a playoff maybe. I think they would have to share out some of the huge sky cash and make it less of a drop in the championship, not as much obv, but a good amount. The bottom half won’t like it, but in all honesty the top 8/10 might aswell do one eventually.

Benny

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 18:26 - Aug 31 with 883 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Try to keep up Byron.

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. by Joe_bradshaw 7 May 2018 11:30
Interesting perspective here. I’ll buy this if we go down. If we stay up - not so sure.

http://www.football365.com/news/stop-fretting-about-relegation-instead-embrace-it

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 19:04 - Aug 31 with 856 viewsbyron

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 18:26 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

Try to keep up Byron.

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. by Joe_bradshaw 7 May 2018 11:30
Interesting perspective here. I’ll buy this if we go down. If we stay up - not so sure.

http://www.football365.com/news/stop-fretting-about-relegation-instead-embrace-it

Crikey, I don’t spend enough time on here, clearly. Pencoed?

Benny

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 20:39 - Aug 31 with 819 viewsCatullus

Prestige is all that matters? Good grief it's the "Fur coat no knickers league" so tell me, just where is the prestige in having pundits slate us week after week, in allowing Man Citeh a record possession stat while we cower in our penalty area and being noticed only for having fewer shots at goal than games played?
If Prestige is all that matters to you go be a Citeh supporter, if having a club you can be proud of doesn't matter I reckon your priorities are wrong pal.
Lets face it, there's very little prestige going around outside the top 6. If you're not winning trophies, if you're not in the Champions league, where is the prestige?
When Leicester won the league they got prestige, for about 5 minutes. Then everyone went back to talking about the big clubs.
Premier league prestige is something clubs like Swansea can't afford. Surely our current situation shows that. or do we need another bankruptcy to prove it?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 21:06 - Aug 31 with 789 viewsmonmouth

Superb article. Thanks Byron (I never thought I'd be saying that!)

Joyless is exactly the way I would sum up last season and much of the previous two. Watching my club play well, without fear and winning more than they lose, even better with some local players and no Ayews, is exactly what I want, whatever league we are in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 21:43 - Aug 31 with 752 viewsFlashberryjack

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 11:01 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Personally, I'm much more excited and up for this season than I have been for the last couple. Yeah it's nice to have big names and superstars come to our town, and it's nice to have money pouring into the club and the local businesses too, but it's no fun watching the team play out drab matches week in week out, with no style or aims apart from scraping enough points to stay in the league, only to do the same thing again and again.

It was nothing less than spectacular when we first got into the Prem. We were playing great and were the most talked about team on the planet for a while. It was exciting and special. But we lost that.
Now we can blame whoever we like, but the fact is, it wasn't fun any more. It was sh!t.

I was absolutely gutted when we came down, exacerbated by the fact that the scumbags down the road swapped places with us, but after watching the games this season, I have more to be excited about the future than I felt in the Prem the last few years. I've been smiling leaving the ground and have more to cheer about than worry about.

Fck the Prem! If it takes us a few years to get back to playing nifty football and getting people talking about us positively again, then I'm happy to wait.
If we can then make a push for promotion again and get into the top flight playing great football, that people actually want to see and hopefully be more equipped to stay in the division like we did under Brendan, then that's what I want to see.

Just being in the Prem in order to rake in the cash wasn't doing us any good. Especially as that cash wasn't being spent in the right way and was inevitably lining some bellend's pockets.

If your happy we're in the championship, you'll be absolutely thrilled when we're in the first division.

Swansea the graveyard of ambition.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 21:58 - Aug 31 with 739 viewsmonmouth

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 21:43 - Aug 31 by Flashberryjack

If your happy we're in the championship, you'll be absolutely thrilled when we're in the first division.

Swansea the graveyard of ambition.

Seriously mate, I'm not having a go,but did you actually read all of the post? I read it completely as sometimes it can be better to take a step backwards to move forwards. It really has been shit for the last three years. Don't you agree?

ps I'm sure that you know that the ambiguity of the graveyard of ambition quote means it can be read as a fantastic endorsement and love of the place.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 19:52 - Sep 1 with 607 viewsCatullus

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 21:58 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Seriously mate, I'm not having a go,but did you actually read all of the post? I read it completely as sometimes it can be better to take a step backwards to move forwards. It really has been shit for the last three years. Don't you agree?

ps I'm sure that you know that the ambiguity of the graveyard of ambition quote means it can be read as a fantastic endorsement and love of the place.

The ambiguity is lost on far too many. There are hundreds of students who choose to stay in Swansea after Uni because they love it here. Graveyard of ambition is a bit misplaced to my mind, more an altering of ambition where they put happiness ahead of less important things!! It's startling how so many people who don't have much are often happier than people who have seemingly idyllic lives!.
An appreciation of what you have is far better than constantly chasing the money.

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 19:55 - Sep 1 with 594 viewsDr_Winston

Good article about relegation/PL nonsense on 19:52 - Sep 1 by Catullus

The ambiguity is lost on far too many. There are hundreds of students who choose to stay in Swansea after Uni because they love it here. Graveyard of ambition is a bit misplaced to my mind, more an altering of ambition where they put happiness ahead of less important things!! It's startling how so many people who don't have much are often happier than people who have seemingly idyllic lives!.
An appreciation of what you have is far better than constantly chasing the money.

Can back this up.

Have dealt with hundreds of students over the years who finished their degrees and chose to remain in Swansea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024