Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
38m profit 19:07 - Sep 1 with 11618 viewsmagicdaps10

Over 700k a week plus other revenue from this season.

What a bunch of robbing gits, wont be long before it goes national to our greedy barsteward owners and the sell outs.

They will be pushed against the wall in no time, results keep going this way and the eyes will be firmly on them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

38m profit on 18:34 - Sep 2 with 1376 views_

38m profit on 18:15 - Sep 2 by Shaky

Did Mr Jenkins explain it to you like this?

Because it conveniently fails to make any mention fo the debt the club had built up at the end of the Premier League run.

Which amounted to £66 million at the end of last financial year and probably around £80-85 million prior to the beginning of this summer's firesale.

So is it your personal fairytale or Jenkins', errand boy?

I think the fairytale is in 2 places, your head and your dumbass spreadsheets.

I dont buy your fantasy figures plucked from thin air or worse, Transfrmarkt.

And Jenkins wrote that for me. I gave him my password and he made it all bold as well

ps, you're a fraud.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

38m profit on 18:38 - Sep 2 with 1348 viewsbonymine

38m profit on 18:04 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

There was no Chinese bid. Stop spamming the board with that post.

Ok then so that just endorses the fact it was a ‘top dollar’ sale with ZERO THOUGHT about the consequences ...

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club ....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

38m profit on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 1294 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 18:38 - Sep 2 by bonymine

Ok then so that just endorses the fact it was a ‘top dollar’ sale with ZERO THOUGHT about the consequences ...

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club ....

Well the consequences of not selling were the same.

What do you think would be different?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

38m profit on 19:07 - Sep 2 with 1291 viewsShaky

38m profit on 18:34 - Sep 2 by _

I think the fairytale is in 2 places, your head and your dumbass spreadsheets.

I dont buy your fantasy figures plucked from thin air or worse, Transfrmarkt.

And Jenkins wrote that for me. I gave him my password and he made it all bold as well

ps, you're a fraud.

Yes, I'm the fraud according to the self-styled Swansea saviour who is lying to fans and now trying to attack their representatives the Trust at every conceivable opportunity.

No wonder you are having a very public nervous breakdown.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

38m profit on 19:09 - Sep 2 with 1267 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 19:07 - Sep 2 by Shaky

Yes, I'm the fraud according to the self-styled Swansea saviour who is lying to fans and now trying to attack their representatives the Trust at every conceivable opportunity.

No wonder you are having a very public nervous breakdown.

Haven’t you continuously attacked the Trust and their representatives for as long as you have been posting?

38m profit on 19:10 - Sep 2 with 1276 viewslonglostjack

38m profit on 18:58 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

Well the consequences of not selling were the same.

What do you think would be different?

That’s not how it was sold though is it? There was no question of maintaining the status quo. There was a PR campaign spearheaded by Wales Online to justify their cloak and dagger sale to “investors”. “Investors” who were needed to take us to the next level.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

38m profit on 19:12 - Sep 2 with 1268 viewsShaky

38m profit on 19:09 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

Haven’t you continuously attacked the Trust and their representatives for as long as you have been posting?

Over the years i have consistently pointed out the many errors the Trust has made, always in an attempt to help with my vast experience.

But when the chips are down I side with the fans, without hesitation. OF COURSE.

Not like you two errand boys.

Misology -- It's a bitch

38m profit on 19:14 - Sep 2 with 1245 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 19:10 - Sep 2 by longlostjack

That’s not how it was sold though is it? There was no question of maintaining the status quo. There was a PR campaign spearheaded by Wales Online to justify their cloak and dagger sale to “investors”. “Investors” who were needed to take us to the next level.

Eh? I’m not with you here.

I asked what would have been the consequences of not selling. Nothing would have changed, we would still be where we are. You think the old guard are untrustworthy, you think the new owners are - so what difference has been made exactly?

Login to get fewer ads

38m profit on 19:16 - Sep 2 with 1239 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 19:12 - Sep 2 by Shaky

Over the years i have consistently pointed out the many errors the Trust has made, always in an attempt to help with my vast experience.

But when the chips are down I side with the fans, without hesitation. OF COURSE.

Not like you two errand boys.

You have been shockingly offensive to them on occasion. At times it looked very much like you had a vendetta against them. That has only changed recently when you have started to try and forge new alliances with people that don’t like you.

38m profit on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 1247 viewsShaky

38m profit on 19:16 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

You have been shockingly offensive to them on occasion. At times it looked very much like you had a vendetta against them. That has only changed recently when you have started to try and forge new alliances with people that don’t like you.

Misology -- It's a bitch

38m profit on 19:21 - Sep 2 with 1217 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 19:18 - Sep 2 by Shaky

As I thought.

38m profit on 21:02 - Sep 2 with 1145 viewsElmo

38m profit on 13:28 - Sep 2 by _

You don't get it either do you?

The Trust should have made a sticky on this site to fully explain the true and whole situation. The fact they haven't speaks volumes.

Lisa conveniently ignores all these sorts of threads. It really is cheap.

Spot on.

Worrying that the Trust isnt responding. They need to show how they are all over the financials, especially the financial outlook.

A sticky is an excellent way to keep the focus on this critical concern.
38m profit on 08:45 - Sep 3 with 1010 viewsawayjack

38m profit on 13:57 - Sep 2 by _

All approx figures...

This season's Income

Parachute money - £50m
Season Tickets/Match day tickets/Commercial etc - approx. £10m

TOTAL - £60m

Last season's income

£110m

So, we had a £50m "black hole" to plug

To do this we've had to sell/loan and release players to make up the HUGE shortfall just to satisfy our commitments ie wages (mainly) but there will be other expenses too.

Without knowing exactly what we owe versus what we are bringing in from transfers etc the basic starting point was to try and keep enough money to meet these commitments, but not just right now in the Summer, this money will be needed to satisfy costs throughout the season.

With our wage bill clearly reduced we are safeguarding our future as a football club and starting again with a wage bill that will not only be sustainable this season, but also for the following season when our income will reduce dramatically again (unless we went back up of course)

We are going about this exercise sensibly and are watching a vibrant brand of football from a mainly young team desperate to either make their way in the game or play their hearts out for our club.

It's all very necessary.

Figures are wrong.
Parachute is 55% of 2017/18 so be £55m+
We also get EFL, solidarity and Champioship TV money £8m or so
So Revenues should be £75m not £60m.
38m profit on 11:41 - Sep 3 with 948 viewsTheResurrection

38m profit on 08:45 - Sep 3 by awayjack

Figures are wrong.
Parachute is 55% of 2017/18 so be £55m+
We also get EFL, solidarity and Champioship TV money £8m or so
So Revenues should be £75m not £60m.

Figures are approximate, as mentioned, but no one knows exactly what they are.

This was posted earlier on in this thread...

"""it looks like it's worse than that. In the last Trust meeting minutes it states that the club says that this season's revenue will be £65M lower than last season."""

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

38m profit on 12:17 - Sep 3 with 932 viewsjasper_T

It's not much good getting the spending down to fit this year's budget, as the parachute payment drops another £15m next season. We'd be going into next summer with nothing to spend and having to cut more players from the team Potter has developed.

Harsh cuts now mean more stability moving forward with this promising young team, and we'll be able to sell on our own terms instead of by necessity.
38m profit on 12:27 - Sep 3 with 923 viewsAl_Bundy

The bottom line is nearly all our income last season was paying wages for the Managers who took us down, playing staff who too us down. HJ who also took us down and the non playing back room staff.

So the question is - is our incoming revenue supporting our wage structure this season and the where has the player outgoing transfer funds been deployed to internally?
38m profit on 15:33 - Sep 3 with 871 viewsawayjack

38m profit on 12:17 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

It's not much good getting the spending down to fit this year's budget, as the parachute payment drops another £15m next season. We'd be going into next summer with nothing to spend and having to cut more players from the team Potter has developed.

Harsh cuts now mean more stability moving forward with this promising young team, and we'll be able to sell on our own terms instead of by necessity.

Yup agree with that. If plan is to be a sustainable Championship club the cost base need to be cut from £125m or so in 2017 to £20m-£25m by the time the parachute payments run out.

Concern for me is not about getting players costs down, but what happens to our academy and when do we start cutting our non-playing costs with same aggression as players?

Costs were £125m+ in 2017. No details from 2018 yet but with an expanded Board, more consultants and big loan and agents fees expect similar - maybe a little less as no PL bonuses.
We’ll continue to cut players costs as Bony and old contacts run down, but can we sustain the academy and what are we doing about non-playing costs? To get to break-even we need something like this over next three years..

1st team squad - cut from £60m to £15m

Academy/u23/coaches - cut from £15m to £5m

Non-playing - cut from £50m to £10m

If stories are true Board very reluctant to cut their wages.
38m profit on 15:51 - Sep 3 with 853 viewsjasper_T

Sunderland's category one academy was/is costing them £4m a year to run according to their owners. Big money for League One.
38m profit on 16:30 - Sep 3 with 828 viewsawayjack

38m profit on 15:51 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Sunderland's category one academy was/is costing them £4m a year to run according to their owners. Big money for League One.

You’re probably closer to it but read somewhere our academy cost £8m or so last year but not sure if that includes U23, coaches etc.. Deloittes (boring I know!) done some research on Championship clubs and almost all loss making (excluding parachutes) so dependent on wealthy owners happy to make loses or transfers / academy unearthing a gem or two. I guess we’ll fall into latter. It’ll be interesting if our boys keep performing as they do if we sell any of the younger ones in Jan.
38m profit on 16:37 - Sep 3 with 817 viewsDippy

38m profit on 11:41 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

"""it looks like it's worse than that. In the last Trust meeting minutes it states that the club says that this season's revenue will be £65M lower than last season."""

Our revenue in 2017/18 was officially 99 million according to the PL.

Fabianski.. 7 million.. 50k a week 2.4m
Mesa.. 8 million.. 35k a week 1.68m
Bartley.. 4 million.. 15k a week 720k
Mawson.. 15 million.. 30k a week 1.440m
Amat.. 1 million.. 30k a week 1.440m
Clucas.. 6 million.. 50k a week 2.4m
Fernandez.. 6 million.. 50k a week 2.4m

Baston.. 500k.. 20k a week 600k
Ayew.. 1.5 million.. 40k a week 1.920m
Ayew.. 1.5 million.. 80k a week 1.920m

55 million.. 10 million+ revenue.. 34 million hole

69 million outgoings
8 million on transfers

25-30 million has gone somewhere

Poll: Cooper Out

38m profit on 17:18 - Sep 3 with 797 viewsLoyal

38m profit on 11:41 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

The differing figures from people who hold the purse strings isn't worrying is it?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

38m profit on 17:54 - Sep 3 with 763 viewsTheResurrection

38m profit on 17:18 - Sep 3 by Loyal

The differing figures from people who hold the purse strings isn't worrying is it?

What's differing?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

38m profit on 17:55 - Sep 3 with 757 viewsTheResurrection

38m profit on 16:37 - Sep 3 by Dippy

Our revenue in 2017/18 was officially 99 million according to the PL.

Fabianski.. 7 million.. 50k a week 2.4m
Mesa.. 8 million.. 35k a week 1.68m
Bartley.. 4 million.. 15k a week 720k
Mawson.. 15 million.. 30k a week 1.440m
Amat.. 1 million.. 30k a week 1.440m
Clucas.. 6 million.. 50k a week 2.4m
Fernandez.. 6 million.. 50k a week 2.4m

Baston.. 500k.. 20k a week 600k
Ayew.. 1.5 million.. 40k a week 1.920m
Ayew.. 1.5 million.. 80k a week 1.920m

55 million.. 10 million+ revenue.. 34 million hole

69 million outgoings
8 million on transfers

25-30 million has gone somewhere

Lost me with all that.

Have you just guessed your way around all those weekly wages?

38m profit on 18:08 - Sep 3 with 744 viewsbyron

38m profit on 17:55 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

Lost me with all that.

Have you just guessed your way around all those weekly wages?

Weren’t they published recently? As minister for information you are doing a grand job for the hedge fund by the way Res. 🤑

Benny

38m profit on 18:47 - Sep 3 with 723 viewsOldjack

38m profit on 11:51 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

3 sensible posts in a row on planetswans (4 now) must be some sort of a record. You guys should post more.

If you get demoted in work and can no longer afford your Mercedes and lavish rent so you sell the car with the view to buy a cheaper sustainable model with the rest going to your other expenses - that doesn’t mean what you get from the car is expendable profit, it is earmarked to survive.

that's what parachute payments are for ,not to mention other incomes ,they take the sting out of the drop ,i want to know where the 35-40 mill has gone

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024