Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
38m profit 19:07 - Sep 1 with 11615 viewsmagicdaps10

Over 700k a week plus other revenue from this season.

What a bunch of robbing gits, wont be long before it goes national to our greedy barsteward owners and the sell outs.

They will be pushed against the wall in no time, results keep going this way and the eyes will be firmly on them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

38m profit on 18:58 - Sep 3 with 1055 viewsMoscowJack

This is my first post on the subject of the transfer window since the loan window closed as I've been travelling so much.

Firstly, I'm still very angry with the transfer and loan windows - it even takes a bit of the polish off the recent results/performances because I can hear the Yanks saying "look....we didn't need to spend".

I'm not against balancing the books - it's sensible in some ways - and only someone who has no idea of how football works or doesn't care about the future of our club would risk us getting into deep debt to certain banks or financial institutions.

What annoys me is the fact (yes....fact!) that the Yanks have lied through their teeth. They said they had "financial resources" (their words not mine) that are needed but have cut deeper than to the bone in order to try to break even. We are no better off, financially, than with the previous board and I thought the main point of selling was to get in a group with these resources. I suppose the Yanks promised everyone, not just us, that they would invest in the squad when it's needed.

I'm also very, very sure that they would have got rid of Fer, Nordfelt, Bony, Montero, Dyer, Routs, Fulton, Carroll, Naughton, VDH, Nairsingh and others had anyone come in with any sort of bid, just to get their wages off the books. I think it could and would have been a LOT worse if they had their way.

It's obvious that we didn't get anywhere near the income we expected from the sales of the likes of Fab, Mawson, Ayews, Clucas etc so they went from panic mode into disaster mode, as the Yanks wouldn't (not couldn't) cover any losses.....maybe because a loss on a spreadsheet looks worse than for them (and their investors) than a low league position.

I genuinely believe that HJ would have done things differently, if he had any power or control, but I also don't think he deserves much slack after what he's done over the past few years.

My anger, frustration and vemon is purely directed at those white-teethed, cheesey-grinned suits who came here with promises and fed us just lies, lies and more lies.

I desperately hope that the fans see this and that the Trust put the necessary pressure on the Yanks to make sure they are feeling as uncomfortable as is humanly possible. Scratch that.....I want them to feel the hatred and absolute disgust that I feel for them. Being 'uncomfortable' is nowhere near enough. I know there's the ongoing mediation but this is different as the future of our club, off the pitch, is genuinely in danger. God knows what could happen in the January window, but I wouldn't bet on anyone coming in and would bet on many more departures.

Finally, Potter & Co have done an incredible job. We deserve to be bottom of the league but our kids and our management team have shown incredible determination to make sure that we're only a laughing stock off the pitch. As many have said here and elsewhere, it's refreshing to feel so proud of our players again.

It's time to demand that the Yanks leave our club!!!!!!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

38m profit on 19:03 - Sep 3 with 1045 viewsBillyChong

38m profit on 19:10 - Sep 2 by longlostjack

That’s not how it was sold though is it? There was no question of maintaining the status quo. There was a PR campaign spearheaded by Wales Online to justify their cloak and dagger sale to “investors”. “Investors” who were needed to take us to the next level.

Which is why the club employed Gareth Vincent around the time of the sale. The perfect person with his local media links to ensure the positive PR.
38m profit on 19:03 - Sep 3 with 1045 viewsAl_Bundy

38m profit on 18:58 - Sep 3 by MoscowJack

This is my first post on the subject of the transfer window since the loan window closed as I've been travelling so much.

Firstly, I'm still very angry with the transfer and loan windows - it even takes a bit of the polish off the recent results/performances because I can hear the Yanks saying "look....we didn't need to spend".

I'm not against balancing the books - it's sensible in some ways - and only someone who has no idea of how football works or doesn't care about the future of our club would risk us getting into deep debt to certain banks or financial institutions.

What annoys me is the fact (yes....fact!) that the Yanks have lied through their teeth. They said they had "financial resources" (their words not mine) that are needed but have cut deeper than to the bone in order to try to break even. We are no better off, financially, than with the previous board and I thought the main point of selling was to get in a group with these resources. I suppose the Yanks promised everyone, not just us, that they would invest in the squad when it's needed.

I'm also very, very sure that they would have got rid of Fer, Nordfelt, Bony, Montero, Dyer, Routs, Fulton, Carroll, Naughton, VDH, Nairsingh and others had anyone come in with any sort of bid, just to get their wages off the books. I think it could and would have been a LOT worse if they had their way.

It's obvious that we didn't get anywhere near the income we expected from the sales of the likes of Fab, Mawson, Ayews, Clucas etc so they went from panic mode into disaster mode, as the Yanks wouldn't (not couldn't) cover any losses.....maybe because a loss on a spreadsheet looks worse than for them (and their investors) than a low league position.

I genuinely believe that HJ would have done things differently, if he had any power or control, but I also don't think he deserves much slack after what he's done over the past few years.

My anger, frustration and vemon is purely directed at those white-teethed, cheesey-grinned suits who came here with promises and fed us just lies, lies and more lies.

I desperately hope that the fans see this and that the Trust put the necessary pressure on the Yanks to make sure they are feeling as uncomfortable as is humanly possible. Scratch that.....I want them to feel the hatred and absolute disgust that I feel for them. Being 'uncomfortable' is nowhere near enough. I know there's the ongoing mediation but this is different as the future of our club, off the pitch, is genuinely in danger. God knows what could happen in the January window, but I wouldn't bet on anyone coming in and would bet on many more departures.

Finally, Potter & Co have done an incredible job. We deserve to be bottom of the league but our kids and our management team have shown incredible determination to make sure that we're only a laughing stock off the pitch. As many have said here and elsewhere, it's refreshing to feel so proud of our players again.

Let me introduce you to The Res and E20 .....
38m profit on 19:38 - Sep 3 with 1014 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 19:03 - Sep 3 by Al_Bundy

Let me introduce you to The Res and E20 .....

I know who they are, of course, but I don't get your meaning......

38m profit on 19:49 - Sep 3 with 984 viewsDippy

Looking at it.. they're saving/banking that 25-30 million for the next seasons wages..

Parachute 1 - 55m+
Parachute 2 - 25-30m+
Parachute 3 - 10-15m+

Commercial plus Sales 50 million+ over 3 years..

Contingency planning..

If they want the fans on side, just make a statement.. "we're saving financial capital for future use, on clubs wage bill, as a contingency"

But it'll all unfold in the next few months, when our finances are released.. and they start pocketing it.

Poll: Cooper Out

38m profit on 19:56 - Sep 3 with 980 views_

That's nonsense, almost all of that and extremely poorly timed for you after them coming out and telling us how they periodically DO put money in and basically keep us afloat.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

38m profit on 20:31 - Sep 3 with 951 viewsdobjack2

38m profit on 19:56 - Sep 3 by _

That's nonsense, almost all of that and extremely poorly timed for you after them coming out and telling us how they periodically DO put money in and basically keep us afloat.

So they are providing the sort of short term loans that Morgan used to make.

Does the club get mates rates?
38m profit on 20:37 - Sep 3 with 939 views_

38m profit on 20:31 - Sep 3 by dobjack2

So they are providing the sort of short term loans that Morgan used to make.

Does the club get mates rates?

That's what they said, so if that's true, and I have no idea if it is, they're doing exactly what Jenkins said they would be good for, covering the cash-flow issues and keeping us viable.

The fact they've worded it like they have worries me a little, because it's what was always promised and that may have been too convenient to state, but it's that benefit of the doubt I'm still prepared to give them at this moment in time.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

38m profit on 20:46 - Sep 3 with 928 viewsEasternJack

“It's time to demand that the Yanks leave our club!!!!!!”

And who would you have replace them?

There are two options. An owner that gets the club to operate within its means, or one that bankrolls the club through personal loans. I know which I’d prefer.

We have had the former for a few years. The Americans are also in this bracket, however with the ability to access funds if the worst happens.

The idea that they are pocketing parachute money is farcical. It would need the agreement of the trust otherwise they would be open to legal challenge.

Personally, I’m just pleased that it looks like we’ve finally taken the right decision with regards to resetting the club - including an inspirational manager hire. This was by far the hard route. The easy route would’ve been to gamble on the same old approach and put us at financial risk.

Some on here have short memories or have become blinded by the glory of the premier league

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

38m profit on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 917 views_

38m profit on 20:46 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

There are two options. An owner that gets the club to operate within its means, or one that bankrolls the club through personal loans. I know which I’d prefer.

We have had the former for a few years. The Americans are also in this bracket, however with the ability to access funds if the worst happens.

The idea that they are pocketing parachute money is farcical. It would need the agreement of the trust otherwise they would be open to legal challenge.

Personally, I’m just pleased that it looks like we’ve finally taken the right decision with regards to resetting the club - including an inspirational manager hire. This was by far the hard route. The easy route would’ve been to gamble on the same old approach and put us at financial risk.

Some on here have short memories or have become blinded by the glory of the premier league

It's the perfect reply to a ridiculous post from Nick, who's posted some decent stuff the last few months.

38m profit on 20:59 - Sep 3 with 909 viewsmajorraglan

I agree with some of what you have said, but there are ways of extracting monies from the club, for example consultancy payments where the club can be billed for “work” at high rates.
38m profit on 21:02 - Sep 3 with 897 views_

38m profit on 20:59 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

I agree with some of what you have said, but there are ways of extracting monies from the club, for example consultancy payments where the club can be billed for “work” at high rates.

Wouldn't they be picked up on the management accounts the Trust sees? Ok, they've not seen them since June, but there's been 2 years worth of them prior.

38m profit on 22:53 - Sep 3 with 837 viewslonglostjack

38m profit on 21:02 - Sep 3 by _

Wouldn't they be picked up on the management accounts the Trust sees? Ok, they've not seen them since June, but there's been 2 years worth of them prior.

If they haven’t seen them since June I’s say that’s a cause for concern right there.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

38m profit on 23:29 - Sep 3 with 825 viewsEasternJack

38m profit on 20:59 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

And the Trust can audit any deals for value for money.

IF it’s happening then it’s being done so with the knowledge of all shareholders

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

38m profit on 07:01 - Sep 4 with 780 viewskarnataka

38m profit on 12:23 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

Yes. We went from getting £8m for Clucas to £6m and also failed to get a fee for Jordan Ayew.

You have no idea how the negotiations went, I very much would think it was a deal in principle based upon getting those funds.

Any other way to approach it would be ludicrous surely?

Our board do something ludicrous in the transfer market? Wow, that would have been a turn up.
38m profit on 07:09 - Sep 4 with 774 viewsDr_Winston

38m profit on 07:01 - Sep 4 by karnataka

Our board do something ludicrous in the transfer market? Wow, that would have been a turn up.

We already know that Jenkins is a hopeless negotiator. Doesn't take a stretch to assume that Levein is the same.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

38m profit on 07:14 - Sep 4 with 769 viewsawayjack

38m profit on 07:09 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

We already know that Jenkins is a hopeless negotiator. Doesn't take a stretch to assume that Levein is the same.

Negotiation is clearly not a skill of any of the people responsible for our ‘bargain basement’ player sales in August.
38m profit on 07:19 - Sep 4 with 765 viewsDr_Winston

38m profit on 07:14 - Sep 4 by awayjack

Negotiation is clearly not a skill of any of the people responsible for our ‘bargain basement’ player sales in August.

Been obvious since we had our pants pulled down by Spurs over the Ben Davies deal that Jenkins is out of his depth these days.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

38m profit on 14:56 - Sep 4 with 712 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 19:56 - Sep 3 by _

Chris,

I don't think it's nonsense as they haven't actually invested money or offered to (because the Trust and other shareholders would have to agree to it) - all they've done is given a bridging loan because (I presume) that Santander wouldn't offer the same deal given our league position last Jan.

A bridging loan, based on an immediate return (maybe with interest?) once incoming fees are rec'd, is fine but it hardly qualifies as investment.

Based on their promise of having the necessary "financial resources", I would have liked to have seen them back Potter a bit more. I'm happy for all the players who've left to leave, but a few clever signings would make all the difference and possibly the difference between mid-table and play offs. I'm not being greedy and I certainly remember the bad old days too, but this season (with 100% of the parachute money first season) is possibly our best chance to go back up. £10m investment would have made a lot of difference, even if it was mainly eaten up by wages.

We're a shambles off the pitch at the moment and I really expect it to get worse. Much worse. I'm actually expecting us to sell someone like Fer, VDH or Ollie in the Jan window. Possibly all three....everything is possible and it will happen if we allow it to.

Up until recently, I was giving the Yanks the benefit of doubt but they've left our squad in a desperate position and they're more than lucky that Potter is getting so much out of the youngest squad we've had for as long as I can remember.....possibly since I started supporting the club 40+ years ago. In other words, we're 7th in the league despite the Yanks best efforts to strip the club of any or all decent players.

I know you're doing your best to keep morale up or to keep people focused on being positive for the team, but I also think there needs to be HUGE pressure put on the Yanks so that we don't see more talent leave the club in January. I've been sitting on the fence re. the Yanks for a while (and defended them most of the time too) but I'm gutted that I defended them when I did. I was very wrong, I'm afraid.

38m profit on 15:00 - Sep 4 with 701 viewsDarran

38m profit on 14:56 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

Chris,

I don't think it's nonsense as they haven't actually invested money or offered to (because the Trust and other shareholders would have to agree to it) - all they've done is given a bridging loan because (I presume) that Santander wouldn't offer the same deal given our league position last Jan.

A bridging loan, based on an immediate return (maybe with interest?) once incoming fees are rec'd, is fine but it hardly qualifies as investment.

Based on their promise of having the necessary "financial resources", I would have liked to have seen them back Potter a bit more. I'm happy for all the players who've left to leave, but a few clever signings would make all the difference and possibly the difference between mid-table and play offs. I'm not being greedy and I certainly remember the bad old days too, but this season (with 100% of the parachute money first season) is possibly our best chance to go back up. £10m investment would have made a lot of difference, even if it was mainly eaten up by wages.

We're a shambles off the pitch at the moment and I really expect it to get worse. Much worse. I'm actually expecting us to sell someone like Fer, VDH or Ollie in the Jan window. Possibly all three....everything is possible and it will happen if we allow it to.

Up until recently, I was giving the Yanks the benefit of doubt but they've left our squad in a desperate position and they're more than lucky that Potter is getting so much out of the youngest squad we've had for as long as I can remember.....possibly since I started supporting the club 40+ years ago. In other words, we're 7th in the league despite the Yanks best efforts to strip the club of any or all decent players.

I know you're doing your best to keep morale up or to keep people focused on being positive for the team, but I also think there needs to be HUGE pressure put on the Yanks so that we don't see more talent leave the club in January. I've been sitting on the fence re. the Yanks for a while (and defended them most of the time too) but I'm gutted that I defended them when I did. I was very wrong, I'm afraid.

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

38m profit on 15:07 - Sep 4 with 686 viewsMoscowJack

Really good point, Eastern Jack.

I don't think that it's 'the Yanks or nothing' and also don't believe that the only other option is getting someone in who'll load us with tens of millions of debt.

There are potential owners out there but the club needs to be marketed properly in order to attract these people. We're just out of the Premier League so our profile is still quite good but that will diminish day-by-day.

My preference would be someone ultra-rich who has links to Swansea, but that's unlikely as I don't know if that person exists. Another option would be someone ultra rich who wants to own a football club and there are still quite a few out there. I recently introduced someone to the owners of Bordeaux but they want daft money for the club just because of their location, so the possibility of a sale is usually down to what the sellers expect in return. If the Yanks want their money back, they'll be waiting for a very long time.

I also don't want to see someone just come in and bury us in debt but there has to be an alternative to the pathetic owners that we have at the moment. Only the surprise results we've had so far have saved them from what they actually deserve.

38m profit on 15:54 - Sep 4 with 642 viewsTheResurrection

38m profit on 14:56 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

Chris,

Sorry Nick, until we know the full facts and have the benefit of hindsight what you've written there is more nonsense.

By the way, did you mean a gem like Celina, or Ollie? You can't accuse them of selling Ollie after giving him a bumper new contract. That's just not fair.

Personally, apart from a tweak here and there I'm more than happy with our squad and very excited to see how they do this season.

It's facking brilliant so far and that's not in spite of anyone, that type of comment is the most ridiculous I read on this site.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

38m profit on 16:09 - Sep 4 with 633 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 15:54 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

Sorry Nick, until we know the full facts and have the benefit of hindsight what you've written there is more nonsense.

By the way, did you mean a gem like Celina, or Ollie? You can't accuse them of selling Ollie after giving him a bumper new contract. That's just not fair.

Personally, apart from a tweak here and there I'm more than happy with our squad and very excited to see how they do this season.

It's facking brilliant so far and that's not in spite of anyone, that type of comment is the most ridiculous I read on this site.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion and respect it, but personally, I think you're being naive as that's exactly what I think I've also been for around a year. I defended the Yanks (to a point) here and elsewhere and really expected them to step up, but they haven't.

I can't work out whether they're incompetent or simply devious shysters - either way, I want them out ASAP.

What I don't get is that they'll realistically only get their money back (and maybe a bit more) if we return to the PL. If they can't INVEST real money into trying to get full value back on their purchase then I don't know what else can motivate them.

38m profit on 16:28 - Sep 4 with 615 viewsMoscowJack

Ps Sorry I forgot to reply to your point about Celina and Ollie. A month or two ago I might have agreed with you but the cynic in me now thinks that Ollie's extension was to add value to him and Celina was bought because they thought they were going to get a lot more for their outgoing players than they really did.

I genuinely don't think they would have signed Celina had they known the total sale values, especially for the Ayews and Alfie.

38m profit on 16:50 - Sep 4 with 595 viewsTheResurrection

38m profit on 16:09 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

Well, you're entitled to your opinion and respect it, but personally, I think you're being naive as that's exactly what I think I've also been for around a year. I defended the Yanks (to a point) here and elsewhere and really expected them to step up, but they haven't.

I can't work out whether they're incompetent or simply devious shysters - either way, I want them out ASAP.

What I don't get is that they'll realistically only get their money back (and maybe a bit more) if we return to the PL. If they can't INVEST real money into trying to get full value back on their purchase then I don't know what else can motivate them.

Sorry but until things are sorted with the Trust I don't want investment from them. I'm happy with the Club itself paying its own way, which is what we've always done and are doing now.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024