Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MONTERO 19:30 - Sep 1 with 6279 viewsSgorioFruit

We have a real star here. Our path to success this year...maybe

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

MONTERO on 19:34 - Sep 1 with 4953 viewsjack247

I’ve given him loads of shit in the past, but as an impact sub in the Championship he is phenomenal. Not to take anything away from anyone else, but you could argue he’s won us 2 games that looked lost in 20 odd minute cameos.
MONTERO on 19:36 - Sep 1 with 4917 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If he only plays 20 minutes per game against st tired defenders he should stay fit longer.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

MONTERO on 19:36 - Sep 1 with 4916 viewsMo_Wives

He's just torn a hamstring applying his Lynx Africa in the shower. 2 months out.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

MONTERO on 19:40 - Sep 1 with 4889 viewsBloodyhills

Let's hope he can stay fit. I have fond memories of him ripping Chambers a new one.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

MONTERO on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 4627 viewsswanforthemoney

He was poor against Leeds and Bristol.

I stand in the North Stand

MONTERO on 21:59 - Sep 1 with 4483 viewspencoedjack

I await Tommy’s comment on Jeff

The best football poster on this board

Should tell you all ‘told you so’
MONTERO on 22:02 - Sep 1 with 4430 viewsTheResurrection

MONTERO on 21:59 - Sep 1 by pencoedjack

Shut up

Or shut up??

Bye

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

MONTERO on 11:04 - Sep 2 with 4155 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

MONTERO on 21:59 - Sep 1 by pencoedjack

Simple logic mate 😉

Question is now

When is he going to start ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

MONTERO on 11:24 - Sep 2 with 4098 viewsthornabyswan

MONTERO on 11:04 - Sep 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Simple logic mate 😉

Question is now

When is he going to start ?

Potter said last night he is the perfect impact sub

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

MONTERO on 11:44 - Sep 2 with 4045 viewsawayjack

MONTERO on 11:24 - Sep 2 by thornabyswan

Potter said last night he is the perfect impact sub

Good to have smart manager that thinks about best use of players. Changes two matches already. Keep him fit off the bench he’ll change another 5/6 this season.
MONTERO on 12:17 - Sep 3 with 3791 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Potter has actually said

“It’s his challenge is to do it over 90 minutes “

Roll out montero

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

MONTERO on 12:21 - Sep 3 with 3779 viewsBadlands

I'm holding judgement for a few weeks yet - let's see how he lasts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

MONTERO on 12:23 - Sep 3 with 3775 viewsJFSwan

Sometimes there is a pass on and he misses it because he has his blinkers on.

However, his 1-2 with Celina and pass to Oli was excellent on the weekend for the winner.
If he can do a bit more of this and become a more well rounded player then we're talking.

His ability to beat a man is second to none.
MONTERO on 12:44 - Sep 3 with 3721 viewsTom1912

MONTERO on 12:23 - Sep 3 by JFSwan

Sometimes there is a pass on and he misses it because he has his blinkers on.

However, his 1-2 with Celina and pass to Oli was excellent on the weekend for the winner.
If he can do a bit more of this and become a more well rounded player then we're talking.

His ability to beat a man is second to none.

If he was making those passes every time and staying fit, he would be playing at the top level.

As it is, we may have to be content with his 30 minutes cameos that will help win us points when we need it. And in the Championship that will still be a strong asset to have.
MONTERO on 13:05 - Sep 3 with 3646 viewsEasternJack

He's always been class - albeit with a glass hamstring.

It's not his fault that Monk (particularly season 2) and those after him wanted him to take the ball to feet rather than run onto through balls.

Play to his strength - simple really. We made the same mistake with many of our players who the football experts on here think were rubbish. Gomis scored 29 goals last season....

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

MONTERO on 13:12 - Sep 3 with 3627 viewsJackSomething

MONTERO on 13:05 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

It's not his fault that Monk (particularly season 2) and those after him wanted him to take the ball to feet rather than run onto through balls.

Play to his strength - simple really. We made the same mistake with many of our players who the football experts on here think were rubbish. Gomis scored 29 goals last season....

Did we know what transfer fee we got from Galatasary from Gomis? I seem to remember talk of £2m, but don't know if that's accurate.

Galatasary didn't just get 29 goals from him last season. They also just sold him (at 33) to a Saudi club for around £12.5m. So potentially around a £10m profit after one season. I await the Jenkins loyalists attempts to spin this as another example of his brilliance.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

MONTERO on 13:36 - Sep 3 with 3565 viewsjasper_T

Never would have accused Montero of wanting to run on to through balls. The majority of his time here has been spent standing on the touchline waiting for the ball to arrive, even when his teammates have been screaming at him to make a run.
MONTERO on 13:39 - Sep 3 with 3552 viewsEasternJack

MONTERO on 13:36 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Never would have accused Montero of wanting to run on to through balls. The majority of his time here has been spent standing on the touchline waiting for the ball to arrive, even when his teammates have been screaming at him to make a run.

I don't know.. I always read that to be a tactical instruction. Just like the invisible half-way wall that Taylor would rarely run through.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

MONTERO on 14:23 - Sep 3 with 3467 viewsBadlands

MONTERO on 13:12 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

Did we know what transfer fee we got from Galatasary from Gomis? I seem to remember talk of £2m, but don't know if that's accurate.

Galatasary didn't just get 29 goals from him last season. They also just sold him (at 33) to a Saudi club for around £12.5m. So potentially around a £10m profit after one season. I await the Jenkins loyalists attempts to spin this as another example of his brilliance.

Couldn't make this **** up.
One of the most ridiculed players at Swansea - booed, abused and not wanted.
Gobby fans wanted him out and when he scored 20 from 31 in France they said, apart from the top three side, the French League was no better than the League of Wales. Same said after getting 39 from 31 games in Turkey.
Another player who was never appreciated by managers or fans and couldn't get away fast enough.
After his time with us he was only worth his loan deal (wages paid and cover for the bung he had to be given to come here).
In France and Turkey he resurrected his career.
No spin just what routinely happens in football - Sigurdsson, Williams, Vorm etc worked the. other way.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

MONTERO on 14:38 - Sep 3 with 3437 viewsJackSomething

MONTERO on 14:23 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Gobby fans wanted him out and when he scored 20 from 31 in France they said, apart from the top three side, the French League was no better than the League of Wales. Same said after getting 39 from 31 games in Turkey.
Another player who was never appreciated by managers or fans and couldn't get away fast enough.
After his time with us he was only worth his loan deal (wages paid and cover for the bung he had to be given to come here).
No spin just what routinely happens in football - Sigurdsson, Williams, Vorm etc worked the. other way.

Gobby fans always talk sh*t about players, isn't that why we call them gobby? There were plenty on here who rated Gomis and thought we used him badly, myself included.

I agree with you that the signings of Siggy and Williams worked out brilliantly for us financially (can't really say what Vorm went for due to that whole murky 'swap 'deal) and give Jenkins credit for them. Although praising a chairman for a deal done 10 years ago feels a little redundant.

So why can't you just admit that Gomis was a bad decision by Jenkins? It's funny that those of us who have a problem with the old owners will still mostly readily praise what they got right, but their defenders on here will spin anything they can to avoid criticism.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

MONTERO on 15:20 - Sep 3 with 3387 viewsCatullus

Which is why Potter is the right manager, maybe for any club. He isn't like some managers who stick to the same formation and tactics whatever. Potter cuts his cloth accordingly, he uses what he's got to best advantage. He won't always get it right but so far he's been fantastic.
Oh,and Montero is feeling the love again.....

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/jefferson-i-feel-loved-again

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

MONTERO on 08:56 - Sep 4 with 3111 viewsmajorraglan

MONTERO on 14:23 - Sep 3 by Badlands

I always thought Gomis was a tidy player with goals in him. It’s a pity it didn’t work out for him over here. He got a lot of stick and things just spiralled from there.
MONTERO on 09:10 - Sep 4 with 3096 viewsItchySphincter

MONTERO on 21:05 - Sep 1 by swanforthemoney

He was poor against Leeds and Bristol.

He did more damage in his sub appearance than any other player against Bristol City.

Some people just don’t understand how he needs to play to get the best out of him. Fortunately Potter does.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

MONTERO on 10:35 - Sep 4 with 3032 viewsMo_Wives

MONTERO on 09:10 - Sep 4 by ItchySphincter

He did more damage in his sub appearance than any other player against Bristol City.

Some people just don’t understand how he needs to play to get the best out of him. Fortunately Potter does.

This picture of him leaving Fairwood also suggest Potter knows how to store him between matches...

Someone help the poor bugger to his car.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

MONTERO on 12:26 - Sep 4 with 2944 viewsItchySphincter

MONTERO on 13:36 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

He takes up the same position as Dyer and Routledge used to when Leon was pulling the strings in the middle, before Laudrup converged them to inside forwards. He can’t run around like a headless chicken, he just takes up the position and waits for midfield to win their battle so that he can turn and run at defenders. Trying to use him in any other way shows a clear lack of understanding of his abilities. Leroy was urging him on against Bristol City but he was clever enough to stay on side whereas our fans were berating him. Some won’t be happy until he is broken.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024