Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MONTERO 19:30 - Sep 1 with 6280 viewsSgorioFruit

We have a real star here. Our path to success this year...maybe

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

MONTERO on 20:32 - Sep 4 with 1279 viewsBrynmill_Jack

MONTERO on 14:23 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Couldn't make this **** up.
One of the most ridiculed players at Swansea - booed, abused and not wanted.
Gobby fans wanted him out and when he scored 20 from 31 in France they said, apart from the top three side, the French League was no better than the League of Wales. Same said after getting 39 from 31 games in Turkey.
Another player who was never appreciated by managers or fans and couldn't get away fast enough.
After his time with us he was only worth his loan deal (wages paid and cover for the bung he had to be given to come here).
In France and Turkey he resurrected his career.
No spin just what routinely happens in football - Sigurdsson, Williams, Vorm etc worked the. other way.

He was always a good player playing an unsuitable role. Jenkins b*ggered that one up too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

MONTERO on 04:34 - Sep 5 with 1204 viewsE20Jack

MONTERO on 13:12 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

Did we know what transfer fee we got from Galatasary from Gomis? I seem to remember talk of £2m, but don't know if that's accurate.

Galatasary didn't just get 29 goals from him last season. They also just sold him (at 33) to a Saudi club for around £12.5m. So potentially around a £10m profit after one season. I await the Jenkins loyalists attempts to spin this as another example of his brilliance.

Do you reckon we could have sold him for 12.5m then?

People complain when we loan players out that have a chance of increasing their value, they also moan when they are sold.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

MONTERO on 04:35 - Sep 5 with 1202 viewsE20Jack

MONTERO on 14:23 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Couldn't make this **** up.
One of the most ridiculed players at Swansea - booed, abused and not wanted.
Gobby fans wanted him out and when he scored 20 from 31 in France they said, apart from the top three side, the French League was no better than the League of Wales. Same said after getting 39 from 31 games in Turkey.
Another player who was never appreciated by managers or fans and couldn't get away fast enough.
After his time with us he was only worth his loan deal (wages paid and cover for the bung he had to be given to come here).
In France and Turkey he resurrected his career.
No spin just what routinely happens in football - Sigurdsson, Williams, Vorm etc worked the. other way.

People said they would drive him there themselves... now apparently it was a mistake.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

MONTERO on 06:23 - Sep 5 with 1183 viewsTreforys_Jack

Opinions, everyone has one.
MONTERO on 07:00 - Sep 5 with 1169 viewsDr_Winston

MONTERO on 08:56 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

I always thought Gomis was a tidy player with goals in him. It’s a pity it didn’t work out for him over here. He got a lot of stick and things just spiralled from there.

You're right.

Gomis scored plenty of goals wherever he went in his career except here under managers like Monk and Bradley, but that's his fault apparently.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

MONTERO on 07:11 - Sep 5 with 1154 viewsItchySphincter

Well blow me. As I recall it was myself and Winston supporting Gomis last time out with the rest of the forum polarised. Funny how history has a habit of rewriting itself.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

MONTERO on 13:37 - Sep 5 with 1054 viewsBrynmill_Jack

MONTERO on 07:11 - Sep 5 by ItchySphincter

Well blow me. As I recall it was myself and Winston supporting Gomis last time out with the rest of the forum polarised. Funny how history has a habit of rewriting itself.

I remember people blaming him for always being offside. If he had players who were capable of reading his runs and passing to him in time he wouldn't have been offside. If he came into the championship now with us and played with Celina and Jeff supplying him he'd hit 40 goals this season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

MONTERO on 14:09 - Sep 5 with 1016 viewsjasper_T

MONTERO on 13:37 - Sep 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I remember people blaming him for always being offside. If he had players who were capable of reading his runs and passing to him in time he wouldn't have been offside. If he came into the championship now with us and played with Celina and Jeff supplying him he'd hit 40 goals this season.

I always blamed him for taking 40 seconds to wander back onside, and I still do.

If you make a good run and don't get played in you come back and go again.
Login to get fewer ads

MONTERO on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 968 viewsItchySphincter

MONTERO on 14:09 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

I always blamed him for taking 40 seconds to wander back onside, and I still do.

If you make a good run and don't get played in you come back and go again.

We’ve been down this road before Jasp, now pipe down and stop trying to pretend that you understand football, there’s a good boy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

MONTERO on 10:07 - Sep 6 with 849 viewsomarjack

Wyndham Evans (former Swansea RB in the 70's)

"He should be playing for Real Madrid if he can play like that, I've got to be honest with you," he said. "That is class. That is top class."

Real Madrid had Jese Rodriguez in their senior squad 2 years ago, he couldn't start for a now-relegated Stoke, And Lucas Vazquez who is pure sh!t. Not to forget Chicharito FFS..I believe him.

Is he really top class when he's fit? 3 years back he was linked to Arsenal and Bayern Munich. If he magically heals from his injury trouble, we apparently have a + 30 m winger in our squad.

If Bony heals from his injury trouble he's a 25 m striker without a doubt.

We have great potential here. But I'm afraid it'll never be realised.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

MONTERO on 10:26 - Sep 6 with 837 viewsjack247

MONTERO on 10:07 - Sep 6 by omarjack

Wyndham Evans (former Swansea RB in the 70's)

"He should be playing for Real Madrid if he can play like that, I've got to be honest with you," he said. "That is class. That is top class."

Real Madrid had Jese Rodriguez in their senior squad 2 years ago, he couldn't start for a now-relegated Stoke, And Lucas Vazquez who is pure sh!t. Not to forget Chicharito FFS..I believe him.

Is he really top class when he's fit? 3 years back he was linked to Arsenal and Bayern Munich. If he magically heals from his injury trouble, we apparently have a + 30 m winger in our squad.

If Bony heals from his injury trouble he's a 25 m striker without a doubt.

We have great potential here. But I'm afraid it'll never be realised.

You think we could get £55m for Bony and Montero? Bony is in the last year of his contract and they’d give him away if they could
MONTERO on 10:48 - Sep 6 with 830 viewsomarjack

MONTERO on 10:26 - Sep 6 by jack247

You think we could get £55m for Bony and Montero? Bony is in the last year of his contract and they’d give him away if they could

I never said that. We would get nothing for both of the players realistically.

I'm just saying, if they're both fit, they can play like 55 m players, But they're both approaching 30 and their fitness level is awful. Both in their last year of their contracts..we'd literally get zero if we want to ship them out now.

But it doesn't change the fact that both of them if fit (which is a remote possibility), and on long contracts, and few years younger..would have been of 50-60 m value.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024