Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jango, E20 and notable others 20:06 - Sep 1 with 7118 viewsTheResurrection

YES!!!!!!!!

We did it lads....

Get in there.

We've got to put up with the Trust's Lisa's cheap comments but we've come through AGIAN!!!!

Keep it up!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jango, E20 and notable others on 07:48 - Sep 3 with 1588 viewsmagicdaps10

What about this fight that Res has to respond to?

He gave the big one and offered it and it was returned, boxing with a video promised on here......I always enjoy a bully being called out so feel it is right that it is not pushed aside by the bully himself.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jango, E20 and notable others on 08:26 - Sep 3 with 1547 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Jango, E20 and notable others on 01:53 - Sep 3 by E20Jack

It was hideous reading.

We have had threads in the week calling McBurnie a league 2 player and McDonkey. Our achievements of the last 10 years “were not that good”. Belittling the players on the pitch by showing continued annoyance that we haven’t replaced them with other players. Had 40% on a poll wanting the club to have a points deduction in order to spite the owners. Had a thread stating that a season of struggle and relegation to league 2 is preferable than doing well - again to spite the owners. The matchday thread was appalling, slagging off Carroll, slagging off Naughton, had seperate threads telling our young lad making his debut to “f*ck off” and a whole host of insults thrown his way. There is probably much more I missed and that’s just in the last week.

The negativity is endless and vomit inducing, no matter how others try and play it down.

Oh the poll you posted as "What do you chose in this silly hypothetical scenario? "

That had a 25% response of favour of the sellouts losing their money.

As you say a silly hypotheticical exercise .

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:22 - Sep 3 with 1504 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 07:48 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

What about this fight that Res has to respond to?

He gave the big one and offered it and it was returned, boxing with a video promised on here......I always enjoy a bully being called out so feel it is right that it is not pushed aside by the bully himself.

Yeah I responded to being called a coward.

Are you a coward? Are you putting yourself up for the undercard?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:24 - Sep 3 with 1500 viewsTheResurrection

Not that I could remember writing that until it was bumped back up the following day

Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:31 - Sep 3 with 1490 viewsjack247

It was hideous reading.

We have had threads in the week calling McBurnie a league 2 player and McDonkey. Our achievements of the last 10 years “were not that good”. Belittling the players on the pitch by showing continued annoyance that we haven’t replaced them with other players. Had 40% on a poll wanting the club to have a points deduction in order to spite the owners. Had a thread stating that a season of struggle and relegation to league 2 is preferable than doing well - again to spite the owners. The matchday thread was appalling, slagging off Carroll, slagging off Naughton, had seperate threads telling our young lad making his debut to “f*ck off” and a whole host of insults thrown his way. There is probably much more I missed and that’s just in the last week.

The negativity is endless and vomit inducing, no matter how others try and play it down.

Amongst the countless threads praising Potter and praising the team, some even correctly saying to put whatever the owners have or haven’t done on the back burner until January.

Not going to defend the idiots slagging off the likes of Naughton or Carroll, but let’s also not pretend it’s anything other than a mindless minority.

As for ‘belittling the players on the pitch by showing continued annoyance that we haven’t replaced them with other players’, again that’s a tiny minority and the more or less the same people. Let’s not twist people, me included, saying we desperately need depth in key positions to mean slagging off the players on the pitch. I think Oli McBurnie tweeted his own bemusement on deadline day.

You would make an excellent spin doctor.
Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:47 - Sep 3 with 1475 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:31 - Sep 3 by jack247

Amongst the countless threads praising Potter and praising the team, some even correctly saying to put whatever the owners have or haven’t done on the back burner until January.

Not going to defend the idiots slagging off the likes of Naughton or Carroll, but let’s also not pretend it’s anything other than a mindless minority.

As for ‘belittling the players on the pitch by showing continued annoyance that we haven’t replaced them with other players’, again that’s a tiny minority and the more or less the same people. Let’s not twist people, me included, saying we desperately need depth in key positions to mean slagging off the players on the pitch. I think Oli McBurnie tweeted his own bemusement on deadline day.

You would make an excellent spin doctor.

Mate, it's not a tiny minority at all. Be fair, it's you doing the spinning here.

I don't think real life is fully reflective to the online community but in the cyber world it's been pretty vicious.

There's no sugar coating it.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:53 - Sep 3 with 1464 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Match threads have, for as long as I can remember, been full of people who rarely get off their arses and support the team but prefer to abuse the players and the manager with every misplaced pass, tackle lost and goal conceded.
There are notable exceptions of course but I've even read criticism of our away fans for whatever they were singing at any given moment. Fans who've got off their arse and travelled away being criticised by "fans" who haven't. It beggars belief to be honest. Sure, we've all held our head in our hands at the prospect of a certain player coming off the bench but some of the abuse is shocking.

Talking about match threads, is it too much to ask that they be confined to football matters and the countless posts about streams put on their own separate thread?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jango, E20 and notable others on 10:48 - Sep 3 with 1410 viewsperplex

Jango, E20 and notable others on 19:19 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

I genuinely have no idea what you're on about mate? You're a boxer are you? How old are you and what weight?

Nope not a Boxer as such,and don't worry about my weight were are similar size, I`m 27 with a mental age of 17 so mentally we match up well, anyway just pop down I`m just curious to see if you can back up what you say on here , it will be fun, I certainly have no intensions of sleeping you as that would be pathetic and get me banned it will be a nice little spar session and will give you the chance to impress on here which would mean so much to you, I`ll even supply you with some mitts which you can keep as a memento.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 10:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Jango, E20 and notable others on 11:03 - Sep 3 with 1373 viewsJackSomething

It was hideous reading.

Look at any matchday thread from over the years. Unless we're winning comfortably, they're almost always horrific. You'd have posters like Perch constantly doing the kind of things you're talking about.

Curious that some posters are only now making such an issue out of it...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 11:24 - Sep 3 with 1344 viewsjack247

Jango, E20 and notable others on 09:47 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

Mate, it's not a tiny minority at all. Be fair, it's you doing the spinning here.

I don't think real life is fully reflective to the online community but in the cyber world it's been pretty vicious.

There's no sugar coating it.

There aren’t many people slagging off the likes of Carroll and Naughton. The ones that do are absolutely in the wrong.

I do accept that those type of comments are far more prevalent in the match day threads when people are commenting reactively. I don’t condone it, but I can understand people slaughtering CBR the minute it happened, hopefully those people would have a a more realistic view once they’d calmed down.

Having a go at people being substituted on is just embarrassing.

But let’s not pretend the match day thread, during the game, is anything other than people posting shit in the heat of the moment. As I’ve said before, I’d rather concentrate fully on the game than dip in and out of the website.

The overwhelming majority have posted positive comments about Potter and the team. Calls for reinforcements aren’t a slight on the first team at all, they are a completely justifiable complaint that we have loads of wingers but are down to the bare bones throughout the spine of the team. To suggest otherwise is spin.
Jango, E20 and notable others on 11:47 - Sep 3 with 1316 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 10:48 - Sep 3 by perplex

Nope not a Boxer as such,and don't worry about my weight were are similar size, I`m 27 with a mental age of 17 so mentally we match up well, anyway just pop down I`m just curious to see if you can back up what you say on here , it will be fun, I certainly have no intensions of sleeping you as that would be pathetic and get me banned it will be a nice little spar session and will give you the chance to impress on here which would mean so much to you, I`ll even supply you with some mitts which you can keep as a memento.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 10:53]

Haha... Class. I don't need to impress on here mate, obviously I like chatting about the Swans and a drink, a dangerous combination it seems.

So let me get this straight you're 20 years younger than me and fit? You'll have to give me 3 months to run up some steps and get sharp. I'll send you a pm as curious to this pub slap.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 11:56 - Sep 3 with 1299 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 11:24 - Sep 3 by jack247

There aren’t many people slagging off the likes of Carroll and Naughton. The ones that do are absolutely in the wrong.

I do accept that those type of comments are far more prevalent in the match day threads when people are commenting reactively. I don’t condone it, but I can understand people slaughtering CBR the minute it happened, hopefully those people would have a a more realistic view once they’d calmed down.

Having a go at people being substituted on is just embarrassing.

But let’s not pretend the match day thread, during the game, is anything other than people posting shit in the heat of the moment. As I’ve said before, I’d rather concentrate fully on the game than dip in and out of the website.

The overwhelming majority have posted positive comments about Potter and the team. Calls for reinforcements aren’t a slight on the first team at all, they are a completely justifiable complaint that we have loads of wingers but are down to the bare bones throughout the spine of the team. To suggest otherwise is spin.

How can you say all this when last season alone we saw Carroll and Clucas literally getting booed by our own fans. They were afraid of their own shadows playing last season.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 12:36 - Sep 3 with 1255 viewsjack247

Jango, E20 and notable others on 11:56 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

How can you say all this when last season alone we saw Carroll and Clucas literally getting booed by our own fans. They were afraid of their own shadows playing last season.

We’re on the same page with that. It’s completely unforgivable.

I’ve never tried to pretend we haven’t got the odd twàt following us that doesn’t understand how to support their team. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same ignorant minority that slate our players on match day threads.

What I’m not having is that thread being a decent yardstick for anything. It’s reactive, it’s in the heat of the moment and it usually has a completely different tone to most of the other first team related threads.

My original question was why it had to be fan against fan on here. There were plenty of positive threads on Saturday, many of which you waded into and detailed with abuse, I’m guessing because the posters had disagreed with you on Jenkins, or the transfer window, or whatever else.

I think Potter has been phenomenal
I think the attitude and application from the team has been first class
I think Jenkins is very good at recruiting managers, shit at recruiting players
I think that was a massive factor in our relegation
I’m pissed off we sold out to venture capitalists
I think they’ve run the club badly in the PL and are now looking to cut their losses by stripping us back to the bare bones
I’m enjoying watching us play more than I have for a long time
I think the first team squad needs more depth, which is not a knock at any of the players

I expect you agree with some of that and disagree with some of it. I bet we felt exactly the same emotion when the ball hit the net on Saturday. We should all be broadly on the same page.
Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:21 - Sep 3 with 1210 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 12:36 - Sep 3 by jack247

We’re on the same page with that. It’s completely unforgivable.

I’ve never tried to pretend we haven’t got the odd twàt following us that doesn’t understand how to support their team. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same ignorant minority that slate our players on match day threads.

What I’m not having is that thread being a decent yardstick for anything. It’s reactive, it’s in the heat of the moment and it usually has a completely different tone to most of the other first team related threads.

My original question was why it had to be fan against fan on here. There were plenty of positive threads on Saturday, many of which you waded into and detailed with abuse, I’m guessing because the posters had disagreed with you on Jenkins, or the transfer window, or whatever else.

I think Potter has been phenomenal
I think the attitude and application from the team has been first class
I think Jenkins is very good at recruiting managers, shit at recruiting players
I think that was a massive factor in our relegation
I’m pissed off we sold out to venture capitalists
I think they’ve run the club badly in the PL and are now looking to cut their losses by stripping us back to the bare bones
I’m enjoying watching us play more than I have for a long time
I think the first team squad needs more depth, which is not a knock at any of the players

I expect you agree with some of that and disagree with some of it. I bet we felt exactly the same emotion when the ball hit the net on Saturday. We should all be broadly on the same page.

Great post and yeah, I celebrated that win as much as any over the last god knows when.

But the thing is mate, it was probably all the more sweet because of all the shit that's floating around. This site is depressing and too many posters are only interested in making negative and harmful comments. When it was Naughton that popped up and scored a beauty I couldn't wait to come on here and stick up for him to the numerous posters who ritually slaughter him. Carroll also had a tidy cameo appearance, so him too. I love it when the underdog gets his day.

Now cast your mind back to May this year, I genuinely thought we'd get out of the mess and avoid relegation, I'd tried throughout the season to stay positive and was hoping for a better brand of football than the season before were we'd become a boring long ball, set piece side.

I made one post suggesting a radical action in selling Siggy and Llorente in order to fund a better brand of football and it's been hell since.

How many of my posts get bumped back up? I get accused of all sorts, even being on the facking payroll, it's as ridiculous as its absurd. People know full well that wouldn't happen but they revel in winding me up, over and over again. I get it all when all I'm only interested in is talking about the Swans.

Hypothetically, if we'd sold Siggy and Llorente and appointed Silva or Potter back then (the January of 2017) I'd say the worst that would've happened to us is someone would've pinched our manager off us, another huge pitfall of the EPL.

But we'd have got much closer to the FFF surely everyone wants to see. We're playing a much better brand of football this season that's for sure.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:35 - Sep 3 with 1182 viewsEasternJack

Good post.

Although you do go from zero to hypocrisy in less than 2 sentences.

"This site is depressing and too many posters are only interested in making negative and harmful comments. When it was Naughton that popped up and scored a beauty I couldn't wait to come on here and stick up for him to the numerous posters who ritually slaughter him."

Apart from that. Sensible stuff. Your posts are normally good when you're not abusing others.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:39 - Sep 3 with 1171 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:35 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

Good post.

Although you do go from zero to hypocrisy in less than 2 sentences.

"This site is depressing and too many posters are only interested in making negative and harmful comments. When it was Naughton that popped up and scored a beauty I couldn't wait to come on here and stick up for him to the numerous posters who ritually slaughter him."

Apart from that. Sensible stuff. Your posts are normally good when you're not abusing others.

Not sure what's hypocritical about that? That statement was a bit vengeful, but is it hypocritical? Do you think the likes of Darren would miss a chance to try and humiliate a poster? That's what causes all of this.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:45 - Sep 3 with 1156 viewsEasternJack

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:39 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

Not sure what's hypocritical about that? That statement was a bit vengeful, but is it hypocritical? Do you think the likes of Darren would miss a chance to try and humiliate a poster? That's what causes all of this.

I agree with you about many on here being hateful. And I agree with your point about that poster. I just try and ignore it all - it'll never end, and an internet argument cannot be "won".

Stay out of the gutter. Your football posts are good - not that I always agree with them. You just lose credibility when you join in the mud slinging.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:48 - Sep 3 with 1152 viewsjack247

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:21 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

Great post and yeah, I celebrated that win as much as any over the last god knows when.

But the thing is mate, it was probably all the more sweet because of all the shit that's floating around. This site is depressing and too many posters are only interested in making negative and harmful comments. When it was Naughton that popped up and scored a beauty I couldn't wait to come on here and stick up for him to the numerous posters who ritually slaughter him. Carroll also had a tidy cameo appearance, so him too. I love it when the underdog gets his day.

Now cast your mind back to May this year, I genuinely thought we'd get out of the mess and avoid relegation, I'd tried throughout the season to stay positive and was hoping for a better brand of football than the season before were we'd become a boring long ball, set piece side.

I made one post suggesting a radical action in selling Siggy and Llorente in order to fund a better brand of football and it's been hell since.

How many of my posts get bumped back up? I get accused of all sorts, even being on the facking payroll, it's as ridiculous as its absurd. People know full well that wouldn't happen but they revel in winding me up, over and over again. I get it all when all I'm only interested in is talking about the Swans.

Hypothetically, if we'd sold Siggy and Llorente and appointed Silva or Potter back then (the January of 2017) I'd say the worst that would've happened to us is someone would've pinched our manager off us, another huge pitfall of the EPL.

But we'd have got much closer to the FFF surely everyone wants to see. We're playing a much better brand of football this season that's for sure.

And a great reply.

You’re absolutely right. If we had lost Saturday, you and the likes of E20 and Jango would have had it all angles. We won, so you piled into the people you see as doubters. You take more shit than anyone on here, but you give more out as well.

If it carries on like that, we’re going to have bust ups on here every Saturday win, lose or draw.

In my view, it’s ok to disagree on team selection, squad depth, Jenkins, Levien and Kaplan or whatever else. It’s kind of ok to post something in frustration like the CBR incident Saturday, I wouldn’t do it, but I can understand it. It’s definitely not ok to have a prolonged campaign against any of our players, like Naughton, Carroll, Routledge etc have had on here.

Bottom line is we should all be chuffed when we win and gutted when we lose. Being proved right on here shouldn’t matter much. We should all get behind every single player in the match day squad without question. Every time.
Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:26 - Sep 3 with 1105 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:45 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

I agree with you about many on here being hateful. And I agree with your point about that poster. I just try and ignore it all - it'll never end, and an internet argument cannot be "won".

Stay out of the gutter. Your football posts are good - not that I always agree with them. You just lose credibility when you join in the mud slinging.

You're right, couldn't argue with any of that if tried.

For me, Potter and his kids deserve all the backing in the world and all the distraction going on off the field with supporters frustrations can easily seep through into the playing side and undermine what he's trying to achieve.

The quality in this league is poor, we've all surely noticed that by now, actually it's a breath of fresh air seeing teams not taking their chances, but it's still not an easy division to get out of.

When we went up last time there were none of these issues and I think we need to replicate that environment as best we can this time around.

For all the issues, all that's really happened is we've been relegated and we all know that was going to happen at some point. As history has proved and as has been mentioned countless times on here, only the very elite survive long term in that league, it's a monster.

Why can't we leave the past in the past as we can't change it. But we can do something about the future.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:35 - Sep 3 with 1089 viewsTheResurrection

Jango, E20 and notable others on 13:48 - Sep 3 by jack247

And a great reply.

You’re absolutely right. If we had lost Saturday, you and the likes of E20 and Jango would have had it all angles. We won, so you piled into the people you see as doubters. You take more shit than anyone on here, but you give more out as well.

If it carries on like that, we’re going to have bust ups on here every Saturday win, lose or draw.

In my view, it’s ok to disagree on team selection, squad depth, Jenkins, Levien and Kaplan or whatever else. It’s kind of ok to post something in frustration like the CBR incident Saturday, I wouldn’t do it, but I can understand it. It’s definitely not ok to have a prolonged campaign against any of our players, like Naughton, Carroll, Routledge etc have had on here.

Bottom line is we should all be chuffed when we win and gutted when we lose. Being proved right on here shouldn’t matter much. We should all get behind every single player in the match day squad without question. Every time.

You're right and this site has always been the same. It's a very quiet place after a win and bedlam when we lose.

How good was that Saturday though?? Unbelievable feeling.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:38 - Sep 3 with 1084 viewsjackrmee

Easternjack, you've nicked my avatar

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:39 - Sep 3 with 1081 viewsCaptain_Sham

Eastern Jack had that avatar years ago.

Its just a ride.

Jango, E20 and notable others on 15:47 - Sep 3 with 1021 viewsjackrmee

Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:39 - Sep 3 by Captain_Sham

Eastern Jack had that avatar years ago.

I 've been using it since before 2012 mate. Have had some time away from this forum, as I had a poody when they changed the layout haha.
It's all good though. We can pretend to be twins ha

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jango, E20 and notable others on 16:37 - Sep 3 with 995 viewsjack247

Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:35 - Sep 3 by TheResurrection

You're right and this site has always been the same. It's a very quiet place after a win and bedlam when we lose.

How good was that Saturday though?? Unbelievable feeling.

Proudest I’ve felt of the team for a long time. And that’s not a knock at any of our past teams, purely a compliment to the lads on Saturday.
Jango, E20 and notable others on 17:59 - Sep 3 with 943 viewsMo_Wives

Jango, E20 and notable others on 14:38 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

Easternjack, you've nicked my avatar

Shurrup, ffs. There's a Jeremy Kyle style resolution happening...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024