Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts 23:54 - Sep 1 with 3098 viewsthornabyswan

There have been 3 articles since the window closed all criticising the current board and Jenkins.
Sky having a pop tonight as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 00:02 - Sep 2 with 2472 viewsDarran

The beginning of next week might be interesting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 00:15 - Sep 2 with 2410 viewsbermudajack

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 00:02 - Sep 2 by Darran

Sadly nothing changes... the fans are in turmoil atm...

We’re all loving the spirit the young players are showing and the have a go attitude of the players, manager and coaches...👍

We’re also very angry at the current owners and previous sell outs for not supporting the manager enough in the transfer markets and the way the sale of the club was arranged.

Sky & Cardiff based media reports won’t change a thing, we’ve just got to hope the yanks offload us asap to a real investor with genuine ambition for success in the future...

Can’t see that happening anytime soon with parachute payments scheduled for another few years 😞

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 00:17 - Sep 2 with 2418 views_

I think it's time the good people of Swansea heard the truth about the Trust, while we're at it.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 03:10 - Sep 2 with 2257 viewslatchford

Do enlighten us about the Trust?
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:25 - Sep 2 with 2150 viewsthornabyswan

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 00:15 - Sep 2 by bermudajack

Sadly nothing changes... the fans are in turmoil atm...

We’re all loving the spirit the young players are showing and the have a go attitude of the players, manager and coaches...👍

We’re also very angry at the current owners and previous sell outs for not supporting the manager enough in the transfer markets and the way the sale of the club was arranged.

Sky & Cardiff based media reports won’t change a thing, we’ve just got to hope the yanks offload us asap to a real investor with genuine ambition for success in the future...

Can’t see that happening anytime soon with parachute payments scheduled for another few years 😞

The Yanks won't be liking the bad publicity.
Especially Sky highlighting the way Potter has been misled and the chart showing sales.
Would have liked Sky to have asked Leon what he made of it all.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 7:27]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:44 - Sep 2 with 2098 viewsDr_Winston

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:25 - Sep 2 by thornabyswan

The Yanks won't be liking the bad publicity.
Especially Sky highlighting the way Potter has been misled and the chart showing sales.
Would have liked Sky to have asked Leon what he made of it all.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 7:27]

The idea that Potter has been "misled" is becoming accepted fact despite running contrary to anything he's said on the subject.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:52 - Sep 2 with 2058 viewsCatullus

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:44 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

The idea that Potter has been "misled" is becoming accepted fact despite running contrary to anything he's said on the subject.

Lied to maybe not, misled possibly. They might have given him the impression he'd get more OR it might just be we couldn't persuade the players he wanted to come here or he didn't want the ones who would. Going by his interviews, it seems like he thought there'd be 2/3 loans sorted.
Just like so much gone before, we will never know the full truth.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:56 - Sep 2 with 2056 viewsthornabyswan

He seems to be relishing the challenge.
Has taken the pressure off him if anything because as soon as we hit a bad run the board will cop the flack.
Personally I think he is happy with the situation.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:58 - Sep 2 with 2050 viewsDr_Winston

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:52 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Lied to maybe not, misled possibly. They might have given him the impression he'd get more OR it might just be we couldn't persuade the players he wanted to come here or he didn't want the ones who would. Going by his interviews, it seems like he thought there'd be 2/3 loans sorted.
Just like so much gone before, we will never know the full truth.

Thought or hoped?

Unless he's lying through his teeth from what he's said so far it seems apparent that Potter was brought in to do a long term rebuild job under certain constraints and is quite happy with that. He probably would have liked a couple of extra faces in but what manager wouldn't?

I'm just not buying the idea that he's been kept in the dark and/or lied to about things.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:05 - Sep 2 with 2008 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its utterly staggering. All his quotes, his attitude and demeanour point the other way. What did he say yesterday? Im proud to manage this team?
But I guess he was "secretly livid" as has been suggested on here.
Read what he said when he came in. Its in black and white that he was aware this was happening from the start.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 8:07]

Its just a ride.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:09 - Sep 2 with 1973 viewsCatullus

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 07:58 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

Thought or hoped?

Unless he's lying through his teeth from what he's said so far it seems apparent that Potter was brought in to do a long term rebuild job under certain constraints and is quite happy with that. He probably would have liked a couple of extra faces in but what manager wouldn't?

I'm just not buying the idea that he's been kept in the dark and/or lied to about things.

Most managers admit to wanting a bit more so maybe he just hoped. As Thornaby says Potter is actually in a great position now, if we keep on with this form we could actually manage a play off push but if we crumble and plummet vtowards relegation, no one will blame him and everyone (almost everyone!!) will blame the board and owners.
Potter can't lose so maybe he is happy. There are definitely some happy clappers on here but there are also those who wouldn't be happy if someone threw 10 billion at us, they'd find something to moan about.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:14 - Sep 2 with 1953 viewsUxbridge

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 00:17 - Sep 2 by _

I think it's time the good people of Swansea heard the truth about the Trust, while we're at it.

I'm intrigued to hear this Truth...
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 8:15]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:18 - Sep 2 with 1930 viewsthornabyswan

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:09 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Most managers admit to wanting a bit more so maybe he just hoped. As Thornaby says Potter is actually in a great position now, if we keep on with this form we could actually manage a play off push but if we crumble and plummet vtowards relegation, no one will blame him and everyone (almost everyone!!) will blame the board and owners.
Potter can't lose so maybe he is happy. There are definitely some happy clappers on here but there are also those who wouldn't be happy if someone threw 10 billion at us, they'd find something to moan about.

Yes there needs to be some balance on here.
Financially the cull was required and the football is a breath of fresh air.
We have players who are giving 100% yes the performances are a bit up and down but that's to be expected with so many young players.
We could have done with a couple of loans but I think it was reliant on shifting Dyer Routeledge Narsingh
Not as black a picture as some on here suggest.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:20 - Sep 2 with 1917 viewsUxbridge

I suspect that the truth, as ever, is slightly in between. Anyone with any sense knew this was a rebuild job. Personally I thought it was a total refurb, we've not played football for eons. I also suspect it's true to say that he's not had all the signings he would have liked. I suspect his track record of working with what he has and bringing youngsters through was part of his appeal too.

I don't know any of that for sure, but it seems the most plausible scenario.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:27 - Sep 2 with 1878 viewsthornabyswan

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:20 - Sep 2 by Uxbridge

I suspect that the truth, as ever, is slightly in between. Anyone with any sense knew this was a rebuild job. Personally I thought it was a total refurb, we've not played football for eons. I also suspect it's true to say that he's not had all the signings he would have liked. I suspect his track record of working with what he has and bringing youngsters through was part of his appeal too.

Sorry down arrowed by mistake good post.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:27 - Sep 2 with 1870 viewsCatullus

I think most opf us knew and accepted there would be cuts and Potter wouldn't get very much but the slash and burn approach took most by surprise. The parachute payments are spread over 3 seasons to allow the gradual cloth cutting.
No one can deny though that Potter built his rep on working with next to nothing and succesfully making the silk purse from the sows ear.

What you say is more plausible than a lot of posts and now I'm off back to my big book of cliches!!

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:29 - Sep 2 with 1856 viewsDr_Winston

It's a leap from not getting all the signings he would have liked, to being promised signings by people who had no intention of providing them as some people are insisting. He'll have been more than aware that his transfer budget depended upon who we could ship out and more than willing to accept those parameters.

I think if there's any annoyance for him it'll be in the failure to get better prices for some players or turning down permanent deals for others, both of which would have bolstered his kitty more. Taking the £8m offer for Jordan Ayew would have paid for Woods. Loaning him out didn't. But that's just the usual incompetence rather than deliberate mischief.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:00 - Sep 2 with 1742 viewsUxbridge

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:27 - Sep 2 by Catullus

I think most opf us knew and accepted there would be cuts and Potter wouldn't get very much but the slash and burn approach took most by surprise. The parachute payments are spread over 3 seasons to allow the gradual cloth cutting.
No one can deny though that Potter built his rep on working with next to nothing and succesfully making the silk purse from the sows ear.

What you say is more plausible than a lot of posts and now I'm off back to my big book of cliches!!

I could have easily replied to Jobbie's post but I agree with both. It was always clear that the plan was to get rid of the biggest earners and also those who didn't want to be there. Not entirely sure that's been 100% achieved but it's a strategy that's perfectly understandable.

The failure to either sell high enough or sell enough to bring in others is no doubt part of the reason we haven't brought players in. The irony for me is that Jenkins is getting pelters for the lack of recruitment now when really it's his past failures that are the reason for why the funds aren't flowing as easily now. That and I'm not entirely sure we've used the funds we had wisely, by stockpiling wingers. If I'm being optimistic, and I generally am, then this could be seen as a transitional window. A lot was necessary even if could have been handled better.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:04 - Sep 2 with 1715 viewsawayjack

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:00 - Sep 2 by Uxbridge

I could have easily replied to Jobbie's post but I agree with both. It was always clear that the plan was to get rid of the biggest earners and also those who didn't want to be there. Not entirely sure that's been 100% achieved but it's a strategy that's perfectly understandable.

The failure to either sell high enough or sell enough to bring in others is no doubt part of the reason we haven't brought players in. The irony for me is that Jenkins is getting pelters for the lack of recruitment now when really it's his past failures that are the reason for why the funds aren't flowing as easily now. That and I'm not entirely sure we've used the funds we had wisely, by stockpiling wingers. If I'm being optimistic, and I generally am, then this could be seen as a transitional window. A lot was necessary even if could have been handled better.

You commeted in previous posts that it was absolutely the intent to reinvest player sales into the squad. They didn’t. Zero credibility.
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:06 - Sep 2 with 1697 viewsUxbridge

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:04 - Sep 2 by awayjack

You commeted in previous posts that it was absolutely the intent to reinvest player sales into the squad. They didn’t. Zero credibility.

No I didn't. Because that would have been a very silly thing to say, given that there's a financial hole after relegation.

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:17 - Sep 2 with 1639 viewsminimichu

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:29 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

It's a leap from not getting all the signings he would have liked, to being promised signings by people who had no intention of providing them as some people are insisting. He'll have been more than aware that his transfer budget depended upon who we could ship out and more than willing to accept those parameters.

I think if there's any annoyance for him it'll be in the failure to get better prices for some players or turning down permanent deals for others, both of which would have bolstered his kitty more. Taking the £8m offer for Jordan Ayew would have paid for Woods. Loaning him out didn't. But that's just the usual incompetence rather than deliberate mischief.

That’s just it, incompetence. I think it’s fair to say that we didn’t get more in because we couldn’t shift Dyer, Routs and Narsingh. We couldn’t shift them because our Chairman/DOF handed them silly extended contracts. The man has been too incompetent for too long yet is still here raking big bucks off our club.
I hope he had another uncomfortable day yesterday as the JA made their feelings known again.
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 1619 viewsWarwickHunt

Mandy Rice-Davies was unavailable for comment.
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:26 - Sep 2 with 1596 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:29 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

"He'll have been more than aware that his transfer budget depended upon who we could ship out and more than willing to accept those parameters."

So £30m - £40m of outgoings was not enough to fund a couple of loans in on "Championship wages" or less.
Perhaps they forgot to tell him it didn't matter how many they sold or how much for, that yet again we would have a very poor investment in our players and future.
He said he was expecting more players before the Transfer window closed, which he didn't get and then he said he was expecting 2 or 3 loans.
That tune did not change until 2 days before the end of the loan period, when reality struck.
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:37 - Sep 2 with 1539 viewsPhil_S

Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 08:14 - Sep 2 by Uxbridge

I'm intrigued to hear this Truth...
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 8:15]

Shout when you hear it I’ll be offline this afternoon
Wales on Line anti Board and sellouts on 09:38 - Sep 2 with 1535 viewsChief

What's happening?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024