Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? 01:50 - Sep 2 with 2004 viewswestside

Instead of money grabbing parasites.

When Morgans/Jenkins/Kanzen/JVZ/Dinnen had the club was the aim to see SCFC successfull or to line their own pockets in the future ?

Now the Yanks are asset stripping the club instead of investing in it.

A few more players and we could seriously challenge yet nothing but lies.

Potter will end up leaving like Martinez and Brendan because the yanks won't back him

Why can't we have owners like Bournemouth or Fulham who want success for their clubs instead of asset stripping.

If the Yanks wanted success for the Swans then why so many bad decisions like not sacking Clement back last October when we so shocking ?

Their silence is defeaning and all we get is words of PR statements.

Come on Yanks walk the walk instead of just talking the talk.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 08:46 - Sep 2 with 1912 viewsawayjack

Thier definition of success is 100% finacial. That should coincide with team going well but if they can make money without investing a penny in the club, and we end up in League 2 in 3 years they’ll take the money option. Greed from the sell outs selling to the worst type of owners.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 09:09 - Sep 2 with 1855 viewsjackal

The Yanks came here for one reason only. To make money by raping our club. We all know it and there's f*ck all that we can do about it.

They couldn't give a toss about us and what the club means to our city.

Our only hope is that they leave before the club sinks without trace.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 09:19 - Sep 2 with 1827 viewsElmo

...Which is why the Trust needs to be all over the Financials

Supporters deserve reassurance
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 09:24 - Sep 2 with 1816 viewsGowerjack

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 08:46 - Sep 2 by awayjack

Thier definition of success is 100% finacial. That should coincide with team going well but if they can make money without investing a penny in the club, and we end up in League 2 in 3 years they’ll take the money option. Greed from the sell outs selling to the worst type of owners.

How do they monetise the failure of the club?

That's the part of yes puzzle I don't get.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:10 - Sep 2 with 1743 viewssomersetsimon

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 09:24 - Sep 2 by Gowerjack

I've never understood it. If you had that money to invest in something, a small, mid-table PL team was a terrible option. It was obvious that, for a club like Swansea, any slight dip in playing performance would risk relegation.
Based on my years in business, I'd still put down the current situation to sheer incompetence and hubris rather than anything more sinister. I don't buy these allegations of 'asset stripping'. They've just made some terrible business decisions and they are trying to minimise their losses. I can't see them taking any money out of the club this year.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:11 - Sep 2 with 1732 viewsawayjack

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 09:24 - Sep 2 by Gowerjack

Yes naturally easier to make money if we’re a success, but not prepared to risk any investment into the club to achieve that. There’s always outside chance we’ll get back to fortunes of PL - if Potter and team doing such an amazing job who knows. It looks like it may now be more about getting as much back as they can. Fag packets maths how they could get £65m or so they paid the sell-outs back:
- Squeeze £20m or so in management fees etc.. from continued player sales / parachutes. If likes of McBurnie, Celina, Rodon, Montero and VDH continue we’d get £25m more from sales in Jan, plus whatever we can get for Bony and those on loan like Ayews, Baston etc..
- Sell their shares for £25m or so in a couple of years when parachutes run out.
- Make up the difference or profit for the 27 from various tax reliefs on investment / losses etc.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 1701 viewsDr_Winston

Their best hope of making a return on their investment is to get the club back into the Premier League.

To do that they make big enough cuts to get the club running on at least a break even basis otherwise the money will continue to just haemorrhage out. Then they try and regain Premier League status on the same basis as we previously achieved it. Cheaply but smartly.

Despite common belief they can't pocket or transfer parachute payments or the Premier League will suspend them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:27 - Sep 2 with 1659 viewsjack247

Because the JTAK crew sold out to money grabbing parasites.

It’s very unlikely we’ll have owners whose main concern is the wellbeing of the club unless we drop to a much lower level than we we now. It’s not just us, most clubs are in a similar position.
Login to get fewer ads

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 1647 viewsDewi1jack

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:10 - Sep 2 by somersetsimon

I've never understood it. If you had that money to invest in something, a small, mid-table PL team was a terrible option. It was obvious that, for a club like Swansea, any slight dip in playing performance would risk relegation.
Based on my years in business, I'd still put down the current situation to sheer incompetence and hubris rather than anything more sinister. I don't buy these allegations of 'asset stripping'. They've just made some terrible business decisions and they are trying to minimise their losses. I can't see them taking any money out of the club this year.

Agreed and a good reply.

I really do think they bought the bullsh1t of Shagger, Beaky, Dimwit, Van Clog etc thinking that the club was safe from relegation.
Maybe naivety on the Yeehaas part.
Maybe greed of the PL cash and naivety. Maybe Jack to a lying snide b'stard swung it for them. Or a mix of all of that

Now they're being chased by their investors for a return.
Quick Google search when their names first came up showed how much they were personally worth and what sort of "Franchise" owners they actually were.
Posters on here from the UK and the States did more "due diligence" in a few clicks than the sellers obviously did when they grabbed the cash

Shagger Morgan, Capt Beaky, Dimwit, Van Clog and all the others who contrived to sell the club for as much as they could personally get, need to be gone from the club, so that we can reunite behind the club, rather than just the team

Still don't think (and really don't want to find out otherwise) that there are our fans out there wanting us to lose, just to get rid of the board.
Worst case scenario.
We keep getting relegated and Shagger, Beaky, Dimwit buy the club back.
Fug that for a game of soldiers!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:37 - Sep 2 with 1634 viewssomersetsimon

That's only going to happen if we magically find a very rich fan who has no interest in making any money out of the club.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:46 - Sep 2 with 1603 viewsjack247

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:31 - Sep 2 by Dewi1jack

Agreed and a good reply.

I really do think they bought the bullsh1t of Shagger, Beaky, Dimwit, Van Clog etc thinking that the club was safe from relegation.
Maybe naivety on the Yeehaas part.
Maybe greed of the PL cash and naivety. Maybe Jack to a lying snide b'stard swung it for them. Or a mix of all of that

Now they're being chased by their investors for a return.
Quick Google search when their names first came up showed how much they were personally worth and what sort of "Franchise" owners they actually were.
Posters on here from the UK and the States did more "due diligence" in a few clicks than the sellers obviously did when they grabbed the cash

Shagger Morgan, Capt Beaky, Dimwit, Van Clog and all the others who contrived to sell the club for as much as they could personally get, need to be gone from the club, so that we can reunite behind the club, rather than just the team

Still don't think (and really don't want to find out otherwise) that there are our fans out there wanting us to lose, just to get rid of the board.
Worst case scenario.
We keep getting relegated and Shagger, Beaky, Dimwit buy the club back.
Fug that for a game of soldiers!

We do have fans that think that way unfortunately.

You’re right, the sooner we can all unite behind the club, rather than just the team, the better. That’s not going to happen until we have owners who run us as a football club, rather than a failing investment.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 11:11 - Sep 2 with 1541 viewsAl_Bundy

Depends what the expectations of the club are for this season, This reset button take us back to basics and with the lack of signings tells there is no ambition to return to the Premier League and live within our income.

Jenkins has caused a number of issues here with his wasteful recruitment policy and squandered millions on gash so the owners quite rightly have stopped this

We have cut our cloth albeit we are stuck with senior journeymen we cant offload for whatever reason so I see no reason why they can't be considered for selection now.

We have a lot of U23's on a sink or swim scenario and a number will flourish as the season progresses.

The BIG risk is squad depth. Do we have enough suitable quality to get us through this season without flirting with relegation? a loss of VDH, Fer or McBurnie for any length of time could be very detrimental to our season.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 11:45 - Sep 2 with 1482 viewsJinxy

Some really good posts on this thread. My view is there was probably naivety on behalf of the Americans, who were sold a romantic slant on a small club, punching above it's weight, and was "well run". The sellers had watched their inheritance almost vanishing in front of their very eyes, having flirted with relegation more than once. They were going to sell at the earliest opportunity, and had to exclude the Trust to execute it.

That is in the past though. I believe the Americans will have a return to the EPL very much in their sights, but on a sound financial basis (what they thought they'd bought in the first place?). Maybe HJ is still there as he wants to right a few wrongs (salary aside for a moment please), demonstrated by Potter's appointment and a commitment to return to our once beautiful playing style.

Should the dream v02 and "project" materialise and we return to the EPL, in my view it is likely that the Americans would likely look for ROI by selling their shares, as the sellers did when their future shareholding also looked in danger of devaluing massively. Once bitten etc.. We just need to be ready for that prospect - hopefully the Trust will anticipate that before/at that point, and IF involved, would obviously endorse sale to investor(s) who would actually invest in the club. This would be a reasonable scenario though, as it means we will have once again achieved "success", albeit debatable whether being in the EPL is in fact a positive experience!
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 11:59 - Sep 2 with 1450 viewsCroftyjack

Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 10:27 - Sep 2 by jack247

Because the JTAK crew sold out to money grabbing parasites.

It’s very unlikely we’ll have owners whose main concern is the wellbeing of the club unless we drop to a much lower level than we we now. It’s not just us, most clubs are in a similar position.

This is the answer ..JTAK was the sales pitch to investors.
It said look how we can keep a team in the wealthiest league in the world by wheeling and dealing.
Unfortunately they believed totally in Huw and co.
The film came just at the right time for the board.
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 12:03 - Sep 2 with 1431 viewsowainglyndwr

What is disappointing that Jenkins said we need investment to move this club forward, that was the day we stepped backwards.
Shame really because early days I know but it looks like we have a desent Manager in GP
Why can't we have owners whose main aim is the success of the club ? on 13:21 - Sep 2 with 1377 viewsCatullus

I think the Yanks were sold a pup, they thought we were better off than we were. I'm not blaming the Yanks as much as the previous owners who decided to grab the money and to hell with the consequences. That Jenkins is still in situ on a very nice earner when we apparently can't afford to even loan in a few players, it really bites.
To me the biggest mistake the Yanks have made is keeping Jenkins in post, unless they are actually asset strippers and leaving HJ there because he's copping nearly all the flak. If they are looking at a rebuild and are actually ambitious for us (if only to make profit) Jenkins could prove to be an Albatross around their necks.
As for owners who want success, only people who have billions to spare can try to make a club our size successful. Look at Newcastle and Sunderland, bigger clubs than us but hardly better off. The Toons want Ashley out for having no ambition and refusing to spend and Sunderland......

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024