Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th 09:47 - Sep 2 with 4713 viewsJackfath

Anyone on here entered? Anyone going down to spectate? An unbelievable day of endurance sport in/around Tenby

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 08:53 - Sep 3 with 1427 viewsScotia

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:36 - Sep 2 by babyjack

Would love to try one. But needs a lot of training. Done a few marathons last year, but fitness has dropped a lot.
Been suffering with Plantar Fasciitis. Doctor has said it will heel itself over 6-9 months.!!
I've dropped my running Down To about 10 miles a week. But is still painful.
Any tips for healing. ?

I bought insoles from Moti in Castle Square after having PF for a couple of months, those made a huge difference, but I also kept changed running shoes as soon as I needed to instead of plodding on in worn out ones.

Freezing a 500ml bottle of water and rolling your foot over it every evening helped too. Certainly didn't take anywhere near 6 months to heal.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:08 - Sep 3 with 1400 viewscackinthesackjack

I've completed a few Ironman events and Wales is by far the hardest.

A sea swim can be very choppy and the diesel smells can make you even more nauseous.

The bike is relentless hills, where you struggle to get any momentum ( the scenery makes up for it though )

The marathon is very hilly up towards New hedges. But when running through the town the spectators are great fun,and don't let you stop running.

Overall a great, challenging event... good luck to all those competing this year.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 14:10 - Sep 3 with 1382 viewsSirjohnalot

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:08 - Sep 3 by cackinthesackjack

I've completed a few Ironman events and Wales is by far the hardest.

A sea swim can be very choppy and the diesel smells can make you even more nauseous.

The bike is relentless hills, where you struggle to get any momentum ( the scenery makes up for it though )

The marathon is very hilly up towards New hedges. But when running through the town the spectators are great fun,and don't let you stop running.

Overall a great, challenging event... good luck to all those competing this year.

I managed to get my Marathon time down to 3.35 and that was hard in Stirling, blown away by Ironman atheletes. Incredible. Christie Wellington’s book is scarily impressive
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:03 - Sep 3 with 1344 viewscontroversial_jack

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 15:17 - Sep 2 by dickythorpe

Fath, just to clarify.... The area "soleus" is the lower inside calf muscle?

Calf raises and stretches aren't helping?

It's a horrible muscle to build up. Some have naturally big calves and sone have " high calves"
I always found it difficult to build up despite the huge weights I was lifting
Genetics!!!!

That's the same for all muscle building, you either have the genetics or you don't.If you don't you won't really gain regardless of what you try
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:44 - Sep 3 with 1339 viewsbiggar

Yep. I’ll be there watching. Did Ironman wales in 2015. Fantastic event on a tough course. Would love to do it again but it’s a big commitment time wise in terms of the training. Also has an obvious knock on effect to the family.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 18:14 - Sep 4 with 1286 viewsjack_lord

My brother is doing it again this weekend. I will be back in time to get down and support him. The amount of effort, training wise, that is given is incredible. He has been quite generous saying that anyone could do it if they follow the program. I have hardly seen him over the the last couple of years due to his dedication.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 03:25 - Sep 7 with 1196 viewstaylorsmade

A work mate of mine is doing Tenby this Sunday.
I’m going down to see it all.
Can’t wait.
Any suggestions as to the best method to get between Saundersfoot and Tenby.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 07:19 - Sep 7 with 1175 viewsJackfath

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 03:25 - Sep 7 by taylorsmade

A work mate of mine is doing Tenby this Sunday.
I’m going down to see it all.
Can’t wait.
Any suggestions as to the best method to get between Saundersfoot and Tenby.

Use the park and ride at Carew. There are shuttle busses to get around between areas all day. CHeck it on the Iron man site.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:12 - Sep 7 with 1152 viewsjack_lord

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 07:19 - Sep 7 by Jackfath

Use the park and ride at Carew. There are shuttle busses to get around between areas all day. CHeck it on the Iron man site.

That worked very well last year.

I'm going to have to be in two places on Sunday so will be looking to take my car in to Tenby and not have to queue for the bus so I can get away once my Brother finishes (fingers crossed for a 12 to 14 hour time :) ) so I'm trying to think of somewhere I can get close in myself.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:37 - Sep 7 with 1150 viewsdickythorpe

A big boost to the local economy after school holidays.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 13:38]
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 16:58 - Sep 7 with 1137 viewsLeonWasGod

I bet there are a few butterflies creeping in now! Good luck to everyone involved on Sunday, competitors, organisers, marshalls, supporters alike.

I’d love to do one of these, but as with many of my dreams it will probably amount to feck all.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 17:33 - Sep 7 with 1132 viewsdickythorpe

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 16:58 - Sep 7 by LeonWasGod

I bet there are a few butterflies creeping in now! Good luck to everyone involved on Sunday, competitors, organisers, marshalls, supporters alike.

I’d love to do one of these, but as with many of my dreams it will probably amount to feck all.

Be a fan and enjoy the scenery, buzz, booze and food. Lovely area.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 22:02 - Sep 7 with 1107 viewspeenemunde

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 16:58 - Sep 7 by LeonWasGod

Well stop dreaming and do something about it then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024