Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon Roberts and James 14:14 - Sep 2 with 5890 viewsswanforthemoney

Seems we are getting some payback for the investment in development. Roberts especially impressive for me. The other two have surprised me how well they have played, they would get found out in the Premier League, but some writing on here had them as League One or Two players. .

I stand in the North Stand

Rodon Roberts and James on 10:45 - Sep 3 with 1290 viewsjasper_T

Dan James has been "very poor" in a similar way to how Mo Salah used to be "very poor". End product is lacking to say the least but you don't get 4+ good chances per game by accident. Milwall were poor and the Palace game was largely half-pace but he's shown enough to be in the conversation in this team. Poor PL players are necessarily going to be any better just because they've dropped down a division.

Only had two starts so hopefully he gets more chances to settle into it in the next couple of months. Rodon very much an exception in looking perfectly at home from minute one. Even Ben Davies had shaky beginnings.
Rodon Roberts and James on 10:46 - Sep 3 with 1288 viewsLoyal

Rodon Roberts and James on 10:29 - Sep 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James looked very poor and you have to wonder why players like Narsingh and Dyer are below him in the pecking order.

Roberts did an okay job when playing in a defensive five, however in a back four he is constantly out of position and as we saw yesterday, teams slide in balls down his channel with ease as he is usually found close enough to his centre back to be holding their hand despite there being no reason to tuck in so much.

Rodon is doing very well and may prove to be our most valuable player by May.

Potter has said many times he wants players who want to play for Swansea.
I would imagine these more seasoned players haven't enamoured themselves hence their non inclusion as much as the rats who left last month.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rodon Roberts and James on 12:17 - Sep 3 with 1235 viewsBadlands

Rodon Roberts and James on 10:45 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Dan James has been "very poor" in a similar way to how Mo Salah used to be "very poor". End product is lacking to say the least but you don't get 4+ good chances per game by accident. Milwall were poor and the Palace game was largely half-pace but he's shown enough to be in the conversation in this team. Poor PL players are necessarily going to be any better just because they've dropped down a division.

Only had two starts so hopefully he gets more chances to settle into it in the next couple of months. Rodon very much an exception in looking perfectly at home from minute one. Even Ben Davies had shaky beginnings.

I hope to be proven wrong but Dan not only doesn't finish but his decision making in the final third isn't great.
The player no-one seems to be talking about after the Palace game is Brandon Cooper - outstanding display from the 18 year old who was expecting to be away with the under 21s.
Reid also looked ready to step up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Rodon Roberts and James on 12:25 - Sep 3 with 1227 viewsjasper_T

Rodon Roberts and James on 12:17 - Sep 3 by Badlands

I hope to be proven wrong but Dan not only doesn't finish but his decision making in the final third isn't great.
The player no-one seems to be talking about after the Palace game is Brandon Cooper - outstanding display from the 18 year old who was expecting to be away with the under 21s.
Reid also looked ready to step up.

There may well be too many underlying issues with Dan's game but for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. A lot of players have teething troubles.

Brandon Cooper's so new to the u23s setup that not many people have had time to get excited about him. Astonishing performance in the Palace game considering he'd played only a handful of PL2 fixtures and spent most of the summer recovering from a bad injury. Stuck to his task well against a £9m giant of a centre forward.

We've suddenly got too many good cbs in the development setup. Harries, Cooper, Cabango all impressive this season, and Joe Lewis is more than decent himself.
Rodon Roberts and James on 12:33 - Sep 3 with 1211 viewsTom1912

Rodon Roberts and James on 10:29 - Sep 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James looked very poor and you have to wonder why players like Narsingh and Dyer are below him in the pecking order.

Roberts did an okay job when playing in a defensive five, however in a back four he is constantly out of position and as we saw yesterday, teams slide in balls down his channel with ease as he is usually found close enough to his centre back to be holding their hand despite there being no reason to tuck in so much.

Rodon is doing very well and may prove to be our most valuable player by May.

I suspect the board wanted Narsingh and Dyer off the books, hence why they haven't been involved.

Now that the window has closed properly it will be interesting to see if Potter brings them back into the fold.

I certainly would
Rodon Roberts and James on 21:52 - Sep 3 with 1077 viewsjasper_T

"SK: Ultimately, when we bring a player from our academy, we know that player intimately. This is why I believe in the academy and developing players internally. We know what they are like, what their home life is like. We know what we are getting. There is a limit on the due diligence you can do on an external player, no matter how hard you try. You can only know so much, especially if you are coming from another league, and there is also an element of luck. There is a much higher likelihood of success if you can bring up young players and develop them yourself."
Rodon Roberts and James on 22:52 - Sep 3 with 1036 viewsGriffting

Unless you’re special breed, decision making and composure are usually some of the last attributes to develop in young attackers. Dan James has all the qualities and this first team experience will help him no end. His movement is impressive.

Am I right in thinking Roberts and Rodon are in the last year of their contracts? Need them tied up if so. Along with Fer and VDH.
Rodon Roberts and James on 23:48 - Sep 3 with 1019 viewsSean

I'm still upset at the way we let Kingsley go. Especially as we'd 'developed' him all the way up to decent Premier league performances. That's a lot of time and effort to develop a make-weight for the Clucas deal*
(*which was a total outlay of £9 million-plus-wages for a single season?)
Login to get fewer ads

Rodon Roberts and James on 19:52 - Sep 4 with 907 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon Roberts and James on 23:48 - Sep 3 by Sean

I'm still upset at the way we let Kingsley go. Especially as we'd 'developed' him all the way up to decent Premier league performances. That's a lot of time and effort to develop a make-weight for the Clucas deal*
(*which was a total outlay of £9 million-plus-wages for a single season?)

Played 88 games for Falkirk before we signed him.
Plus already a Scotland u19 international.

Hardly a Swansea product like Roberts and Rodon.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024