Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon Roberts and James 14:14 - Sep 2 with 5995 viewsswanforthemoney

Seems we are getting some payback for the investment in development. Roberts especially impressive for me. The other two have surprised me how well they have played, they would get found out in the Premier League, but some writing on here had them as League One or Two players. .

I stand in the North Stand

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:19 - Sep 2 with 4637 viewsAl_Bundy

They were but they are now progressing. They did bugger all when they were loaned out in the lower leagues but good to see them improving.
Rodon Roberts and James on 14:20 - Sep 2 with 4625 viewsLoyal

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:19 - Sep 2 by Al_Bundy

They were but they are now progressing. They did bugger all when they were loaned out in the lower leagues but good to see them improving.

Isn't that the idea?
Improvement through development.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:21 - Sep 2 with 4611 viewspencoedjack

Rodon has been exceptional stepping up, Connor offers so much more than Naughton ( yes I know he scored yesterday)

Very nice to see local lads doing well.
Rodon Roberts and James on 14:21 - Sep 2 with 4620 viewsjacktar

I agree, they have all started the season well at this level.
There is a big gap between the PL and Championship (but as the old saying goes) you can only play what's in front of you and our youngsters have stood up to the task up to now IMO.
Long may it continue!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:22 - Sep 2 with 4604 viewsAl_Bundy

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:20 - Sep 2 by Loyal

Isn't that the idea?
Improvement through development.

Exactly that.. my point was to the OP
Rodon Roberts and James on 14:23 - Sep 2 with 4592 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is obvious you know nothing about them.
"His performances attracted the attention of League Two club Yeovil Town. Roberts went on to play 54 games on loan for The Glovers during the 2015-16 campaign, lifting five awards, included the Young Player of the Year."

James didn't get any games because the team he went to already had 3 established wingers.
Rodon Roberts and James on 14:25 - Sep 2 with 4585 viewsCooperman

You shouldn’t expect them to be stars week in week out when they drop down the leagues.

They are gaining valuable first team experience albeit at a completely different standard. It’s inevitable that the performances of Rodon, Roberts and co have been improved by having VdH playing alongside them.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:26 - Sep 2 with 4567 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:21 - Sep 2 by jacktar

I agree, they have all started the season well at this level.
There is a big gap between the PL and Championship (but as the old saying goes) you can only play what's in front of you and our youngsters have stood up to the task up to now IMO.
Long may it continue!

How "out of place" did they look playing Crystal Palace?
Login to get fewer ads

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:29 - Sep 2 with 4546 viewsLoyal

Our man Kilkenny ( who is probably drunk in a corner somewhere) after today's old firm game will be along with a kebab later.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:31 - Sep 2 with 4539 viewsjasper_T

Loans are always rolling a die. Unfamiliar environments and new managers/coaches can see a lot of players taking a step back as footballers in their progression to senior football.

Here, now, they are playing for a club they love, a club that knows them, and with teammates that they have played with through the levels. When Dan came on against Notts County last season he had Connor as a senior voice in his ear talking him through it. The successes of the u23s sides of the past two seasons can transition directly into the first team setup.
Rodon Roberts and James on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 4484 viewsjacktar

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:26 - Sep 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought they all stepped up to the plate in that game. It's a shame that we didn't see more of Baker-Richardson after being given a chance yesterday but I'm sure his time will come to show us more.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Rodon Roberts and James on 15:32 - Sep 2 with 4327 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:26 - Sep 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Ok against a weakened palace side. Created a couple of decent chances but fluffed them. And well beaten in the end. Last quarter I didn’t think we got near them. So ok, but nobody able to have much of an impact. It was a good effort though and it will have been a great experience, especially for those few coming straight in from the development squad.

There’s promise there but it’s still very much work in progress imo.
Rodon Roberts and James on 15:51 - Sep 2 with 4265 viewsjasper_T

Rodon Roberts and James on 15:32 - Sep 2 by LeonWasGod

Ok against a weakened palace side. Created a couple of decent chances but fluffed them. And well beaten in the end. Last quarter I didn’t think we got near them. So ok, but nobody able to have much of an impact. It was a good effort though and it will have been a great experience, especially for those few coming straight in from the development squad.

There’s promise there but it’s still very much work in progress imo.

That a side that inexperienced could be okay for an hour out of the 90 against an expensive Premier League reserve side (including big money Max Meyer) is to their enormous credit.

When/if it comes time for some of them to be involved in the league it'll be in ones and twos among a more settled side. It will be easier for them to a) do a job and b) have an impact.
Rodon Roberts and James on 15:55 - Sep 2 with 4220 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You can see improvements just from them Training with the 1st team.
So let's see who makes it by the end of the season.
Rodon Roberts and James on 17:34 - Sep 2 with 4047 viewspeenemunde

What a stupid post.
Rodon Roberts and James on 17:55 - Sep 2 with 3997 viewsbonymine

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:31 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

Loans are always rolling a die. Unfamiliar environments and new managers/coaches can see a lot of players taking a step back as footballers in their progression to senior football.

Here, now, they are playing for a club they love, a club that knows them, and with teammates that they have played with through the levels. When Dan came on against Notts County last season he had Connor as a senior voice in his ear talking him through it. The successes of the u23s sides of the past two seasons can transition directly into the first team setup.

Agree Jasper ..

The U23’s have had a talented squad for some time now under Cameron and Waggy you only have to look at our results against the ‘Big Boys’ ....Chelsea away etc

I’m especially impressed by Joe Rodon though he is 2 years younger than my son who was in the Academy with him and he and Connor were always his toughest opponents in training.

Keston was captain of the U23s for quite some time and was always vociferous and good at organising the back line (he’s a great lad who played with my son too and his old man Mavis is a Legend 😉) but for me Joe ALWAYS stood out as the more technically gifted CB whenever I saw him play ....the way he has stepped up to the plate for the first team and played with the confidence and NO FEAR he has been incredible !

I admit I got carried away recently and said he was the next ‘Sergio Ramos’ from Morriston the way he carried the ball out from the back ....but hey we can but dream eh 👍😂

He’s certainly not lacking in confidence All the Best Joe you deserve it go for it YJB 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Rodon Roberts and James on 18:11 - Sep 2 with 3952 viewsOptimisticJack

A bit ill informed there. Connor Roberts whilst at Yeovil played every match and won a string of awards at the end of the season.

Optimisticjack

Rodon Roberts and James on 18:13 - Sep 2 with 3941 viewsOptimisticJack

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:23 - Sep 2 by A_Fans_Dad

It is obvious you know nothing about them.
"His performances attracted the attention of League Two club Yeovil Town. Roberts went on to play 54 games on loan for The Glovers during the 2015-16 campaign, lifting five awards, included the Young Player of the Year."

James didn't get any games because the team he went to already had 3 established wingers.

Sorry missed your post saying very much the same.

Optimisticjack

Rodon Roberts and James on 22:31 - Sep 2 with 3648 viewsAl_Bundy

Rodon Roberts and James on 18:11 - Sep 2 by OptimisticJack

A bit ill informed there. Connor Roberts whilst at Yeovil played every match and won a string of awards at the end of the season.

Roberts was the exception but I don't recall any others making a mark. The key is they have progressed and adding some quality to the first team.
Rodon Roberts and James on 23:22 - Sep 2 with 3550 viewsswan65split

I!ll hold my hand up and say both have dine well, connor. hes taken his chance very well, after been thrown in, then again so has Rodon..keep it up lads.
Rodon Roberts and James on 06:49 - Sep 3 with 3343 viewsGroo

I would say that Grimes should be added to, he seems to have stepped up.

Groo does what Groo does best

Rodon Roberts and James on 06:51 - Sep 3 with 3343 viewsDr_Winston

The biggest problem our youth development system has had is the fact that we've spent basically all of the last three seasons battling against relegation. No manager is going to want to experiment with youth when every single point is vital so the likes of Roberts and Rodon would never have got a look in unless we absolutely had to give it to them.

Chuck in the fact that the place has only really been functioning at full capacity since the first team moved to Fairwood and it's not really surprising that we're not getting a Bale a season out of the place yet as some people seem to think we should be.

If there is a criticism to make it's that some people seem to be kept around longer than perhaps they should be. Kenji Gorre being the best example. Winning trophies at u23 level is nice, but can take the focus away from what a youth development system should be doing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rodon Roberts and James on 07:20 - Sep 3 with 3304 viewswaynekerr55

Rodon Roberts and James on 14:38 - Sep 2 by jacktar

I thought they all stepped up to the plate in that game. It's a shame that we didn't see more of Baker-Richardson after being given a chance yesterday but I'm sure his time will come to show us more.

You mean "B-R Rawwz"

I bet they better him over that Twitter name 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rodon Roberts and James on 07:42 - Sep 3 with 3264 viewsjedmo_jack

Rodon and Roberts have been mightily impressive. Seems the step down in level has really helped Roberts settle, as he’s about ten times the player I remember from last season. Great stuff.
Rodon Roberts and James on 10:29 - Sep 3 with 3116 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James looked very poor and you have to wonder why players like Narsingh and Dyer are below him in the pecking order.

Roberts did an okay job when playing in a defensive five, however in a back four he is constantly out of position and as we saw yesterday, teams slide in balls down his channel with ease as he is usually found close enough to his centre back to be holding their hand despite there being no reason to tuck in so much.

Rodon is doing very well and may prove to be our most valuable player by May.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024