Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fortnite 18:36 - Sep 2 with 7903 viewsJackfath

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/boy-bank-fortnite-hundreds-money-1

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fortnite on 18:53 - Sep 2 with 4836 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hmm, sounds like silly woman let him have all the details for her card and now wants others to pay for her stupidity.
Fortnite on 19:00 - Sep 2 with 4829 viewsJackfath

I was more intrigued as she looks like Maradona

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Fortnite on 19:17 - Sep 2 with 4786 viewsbonymine

Fortnite on 19:00 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

My ex missus had Botox & fillers etc on a regular basis it saved me a fortune when I got divorced 👍😂💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Fortnite on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 4783 viewsJackfath

Fortnite on 19:17 - Sep 2 by bonymine

My ex missus had Botox & fillers etc on a regular basis it saved me a fortune when I got divorced 👍😂💪

Someone else's problem now my friend!

Fortnite on 20:03 - Sep 2 with 4709 viewsdickythorpe

A depressing story. There should be parental controls over purchases online surely?
Fortnite on 20:04 - Sep 2 with 4704 viewsJackfath

Fortnite on 20:03 - Sep 2 by dickythorpe

A depressing story. There should be parental controls over purchases online surely?

Yes. Don't give your card and details to your 10 year old.

Fortnite on 20:18 - Sep 2 with 4684 viewsCatullus

Our son used to play fortnite, this isn't the worst story around that game. There's been addiction and violence towards parents. A headmistress in Cornwall asked parents to stop all kids playing it because of problems in school.
We stopped our son playing when he became aggressive, much more argumentative and went from getting really good school reports to regular phone calls about trouble and having to go in and see the teacher.
Once we stopped him playing this and similar games things went back to normal.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fortnite on 21:05 - Sep 2 with 4597 viewsphact0rri

Fortnite on 20:03 - Sep 2 by dickythorpe

There are. Cards get locked after a lot of curious spends. games email you when you make a lot purchases to remind you how much you spend (usually). This is obviously Popular game and pointing fingers.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Fortnite on 21:16 - Sep 2 with 4570 viewsPhil_S

I love the way she thinks that someone should refund her the money and tries to deflect all the blame from herself and her son

And the fact that Wales Online have contacted the gaming company and the bank for comments show they are equally as thick
Fortnite on 21:37 - Sep 2 with 4525 viewsCatullus

Fortnite on 21:16 - Sep 2 by Phil_S

I love the way she thinks that someone should refund her the money and tries to deflect all the blame from herself and her son

And the fact that Wales Online have contacted the gaming company and the bank for comments show they are equally as thick

It's the modern way, why accept responsibility for your own family! She'll have a crowdfunding page next.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Fortnite on 22:00 - Sep 2 with 4477 viewstrinityann

These games make a fortune on extra add on purchases. Once you have paid for a game, you should not be charged extra for add ons. I would say it's borderline worse than gambling, at least with gambling you have a chance of winning something. I have had battles from my own kids with extra online add on purchases and refuse to give into them because of stories like this article.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 22:01]
Fortnite on 22:04 - Sep 2 with 4465 viewsItchySphincter

Fortnite on 19:00 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

F*cking hell, I thought you said Madonna until I checked the link!!!

Uncanny resemblance to Diego at his coked up greasy best.

F*ck.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fortnite on 22:06 - Sep 2 with 4462 viewsbluey_the_blue

Fortnite on 22:00 - Sep 2 by trinityann

These games make a fortune on extra add on purchases. Once you have paid for a game, you should not be charged extra for add ons. I would say it's borderline worse than gambling, at least with gambling you have a chance of winning something. I have had battles from my own kids with extra online add on purchases and refuse to give into them because of stories like this article.

Those addons cost money to develop. Of course you should be charged extra for addons.
Fortnite on 22:16 - Sep 2 with 4437 viewsswanforthemoney

It’s all a bit tragic, isn’t it ?
Lucky the boy had a savings account to keep them afloat.

I stand in the North Stand

Fortnite on 23:07 - Sep 2 with 4384 viewsLoyal

Fortnite on 19:17 - Sep 2 by bonymine

A blow job off a woman who has failed to upkeep her fillers and botox is like having your dick slapped about by a couple of thin pancakes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fortnite on 07:02 - Sep 3 with 4217 viewsGroo

So whats the difference between this and something like Team Fortress Classic or Counterstrike other than you have to pay.

Groo does what Groo does best

Fortnite on 07:59 - Sep 3 with 4174 viewsLeonWasGod

Fortnite on 21:16 - Sep 2 by Phil_S

Those are the harsh facts. And also that it’s rated 12 or so, and her kid is only 10. That’s the age they seem to get into it though and the peer pressure is huge. A fried of my boy did exactly the same; wracked up a £1,000 in a week. It’s so easy because card details are all stored on the consoles.

The trouble is that it’s like gambling, but the kids haven’t the awareness to deal with it. You wouldn’t say it’s pointless or thick to try to put safeguards in gambling to stop people losing all they have. Gaming companies do have a responsibility here too in order to make sure we’re not developing the next group of addicts.

But I completely agree first and foremost that parents and the kids have to take responsibility. Many don’t though so regulation does have a role.
Fortnite on 09:05 - Sep 3 with 4130 viewsCatullus

Fortnite on 07:59 - Sep 3 by LeonWasGod

Those are the harsh facts. And also that it’s rated 12 or so, and her kid is only 10. That’s the age they seem to get into it though and the peer pressure is huge. A fried of my boy did exactly the same; wracked up a £1,000 in a week. It’s so easy because card details are all stored on the consoles.

The trouble is that it’s like gambling, but the kids haven’t the awareness to deal with it. You wouldn’t say it’s pointless or thick to try to put safeguards in gambling to stop people losing all they have. Gaming companies do have a responsibility here too in order to make sure we’re not developing the next group of addicts.

But I completely agree first and foremost that parents and the kids have to take responsibility. Many don’t though so regulation does have a role.

Yep, it all depends on the kid and the parents involvement. Our son is ten and hasn't yet purchased something on his PS4 without asking, even if it's free, he asks.

Putting the card details on the box seems like a good idea to make it quick and easy then you see stories like this. It's been seen before on mobile phones where massive bills have been racked up.

Fortnite on 09:14 - Sep 3 with 4124 viewsCatullus

Fortnite on 22:00 - Sep 2 by trinityann

Many times these add ons were developed along the way and aren't new. It's all part of the plan, get the kids hooked on a game then help them to move through levels with what are essentially cheat packs.
From my own experience (and other parents we've spoken too) these games have something about them that's highly addictive and they're designed that way

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/well/family/parenting-the-fortnite-addict.htm

Fortnite on 11:06 - Sep 3 with 4076 viewsHighjack

Fortnite on 09:14 - Sep 3 by Catullus

Many times these add ons were developed along the way and aren't new. It's all part of the plan, get the kids hooked on a game then help them to move through levels with what are essentially cheat packs.
From my own experience (and other parents we've spoken too) these games have something about them that's highly addictive and they're designed that way

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/well/family/parenting-the-fortnite-addict.htm

They’re addictive because they’re fun. Simple as that. Fortnite is so popular because it’s free, simple to play, it’s cartoonish and completely ridiculous. They are designed to be fun.

Give it six months and there’ll be a new game that the media believes is dangerously addictive and causing billions of children to become violent sadistic kitten torturers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fortnite on 11:49 - Sep 3 with 4056 viewsBatterseajack

It appears these add-ons are the new business model for games. But its mad that you can rack up bills into the thousands.
Fortnite on 12:14 - Sep 3 with 4039 viewsLeonWasGod

Fortnite on 11:49 - Sep 3 by Batterseajack

It appears these add-ons are the new business model for games. But its mad that you can rack up bills into the thousands.

Yep and that's the problem, not that they're fun. Games have always ben fun, but I didn't spend hundreds on Jet Set Willy on the Spectrum (hundreds of hours maybe, but not pounds!).

There's been quite a bit of stuff on this ever since Candy Crush hit the headlines. I think Fortnite is a loot box issue; pretty common these days - https://www.wired.co.uk/article/loot-boxes-star-wars-battlefront-2-fifa-ultimate
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 12:37]
Fortnite on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 4024 viewsMrSwerve

If a game is free in the first place, I have no problem with microtransactions. The problem is when a game costs £45 in the first place, and then you have to pay for things such as certain characters, clothing and abilities (which I think is rediculous but it sucks the kids in). You can easily rack up the same amount as the game cost in the first place.

I think things like this should be illegal to be honest but no one is forcing people to buy the extras. It must be a nightmare for parents. I'm glad I grew up in an era where when you bought a game, you owned the game and everything on it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fortnite on 12:51 - Sep 3 with 4009 viewsHighjack

Fortnite on 11:49 - Sep 3 by Batterseajack

That's an extreme event though. You let a ten year old run wild in toys r us when it was open with a bank card and you’d have a similar result.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Fortnite on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 3982 viewsHighjack

Fortnite on 12:45 - Sep 3 by MrSwerve

If a game is free in the first place, I have no problem with microtransactions. The problem is when a game costs £45 in the first place, and then you have to pay for things such as certain characters, clothing and abilities (which I think is rediculous but it sucks the kids in). You can easily rack up the same amount as the game cost in the first place.

I think things like this should be illegal to be honest but no one is forcing people to buy the extras. It must be a nightmare for parents. I'm glad I grew up in an era where when you bought a game, you owned the game and everything on it.

You get add ons wherever you go. If you buy a ticket to a football match you can choose to fork out extra for a programme, a pint or some merchandise.as long as it’s optional and doesn’t affect the original product. This is where Fortnite has done well in that no matter what you choose to buy it doesn’t improve your chances of winning the game and it doesn’t hinder people who choose not to buy it. All you can buy is silly dances and new outfits.

Whereas a lot of games, usually those made by EA such as fifa incorporate a pay to win system where people who spend a lot of money are more likely to get the likes of messi and Ronaldo in their team whilst those who don’t pay are stuck with Wayne Routledge. In a way it’s like real football but it is quite insidious on a game as it creates a complete imbalance. This might change following the massive backlash they had with the last Star Wars game and a lot of countries governments are making it illegal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024