Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon 17:59 - Sep 3 with 3637 viewsawayjack

Just watched match back on TV. Many positives but just so impressed again with Rodon. Another solid game and under very strong and composed under huge pressure. Top man.
Rodon on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 3616 viewsWhiterockin

Like many young players prone to make mistakes. Lets hope he learns quickly.
Rodon on 18:20 - Sep 3 with 3541 viewsLeonWasGod

I’m not sure who was the worse offender on Saturday, but between him and VdH they’ve got to be much better at dealing with balls into the box. Constantly out-competed.
Rodon on 18:24 - Sep 3 with 3524 viewshobo

Anyone have a link to the full match?
Rodon on 18:24 - Sep 3 with 3515 viewsjasper_T

Rodon on 18:24 - Sep 3 by hobo

Anyone have a link to the full match?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/millwall-1-swans-2-full-match
Rodon on 18:54 - Sep 3 with 3404 viewsBadlands

Rodon on 18:20 - Sep 3 by LeonWasGod

I’m not sure who was the worse offender on Saturday, but between him and VdH they’ve got to be much better at dealing with balls into the box. Constantly out-competed.

Coach to blame - zonal marking means defenders have little option but to make standing jumps while attackers can take running ups.
And, zones were mostly within the width of the goal posts and Millwall hit the ball beyond the back post to head the ball back in.
Rodon didn't have a problem against Palace.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Rodon on 18:56 - Sep 3 with 3390 viewsWhiterockin

Rodon on 18:54 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Coach to blame - zonal marking means defenders have little option but to make standing jumps while attackers can take running ups.
And, zones were mostly within the width of the goal posts and Millwall hit the ball beyond the back post to head the ball back in.

He had a problem against Leeds.
Rodon on 18:57 - Sep 3 with 3381 viewsoldcob

Rodon on 18:54 - Sep 3 by Badlands

I don't like zonal marking either. I have never ever heard of a zone scoring a goal from a corner.
Rodon on 19:14 - Sep 3 with 3347 viewsAl_Bundy

Sure Ollson was marking the Millwall chap of their first goal when he headed back across goal unmarked.
Login to get fewer ads

Rodon on 19:15 - Sep 3 with 3342 viewsDr_Winston

Rodon on 18:56 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

He had a problem against Leeds.

This.

We've been wobbly from crosses all season. Even the Bristol City goal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rodon on 19:19 - Sep 3 with 3321 viewsAndy1300

Rodon on 19:15 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

This.

We've been wobbly from crosses all season. Even the Bristol City goal.

No worse than when Ash and co were playing for us

We couldn't defend or take a corner

Number 1 team in Wales

Rodon on 19:42 - Sep 3 with 3255 viewsWhiterockin

Rodon on 19:19 - Sep 3 by Andy1300

No worse than when Ash and co were playing for us

We couldn't defend or take a corner

Both Leeds goals were from crosses no more than 2 feet off the floor.
Rodon on 19:43 - Sep 3 with 3257 viewsgiantstoneater

They need to work on dealing with crosses. Rodon had a tough encounter with Morison a very experienced pro and he will be better for it. Not sure what VDH was doing that far out I would preferred him more in the middle and Olssen needed to be stronger. The pressure for the goal came from two errors from Rodon and then Olssen who headed the ball straight to one of their players. In a way Millwall played straight into our hands playing long ball after long ball, if they would have played through the middle more perhaps GP wouldn`t have brought on Monty.
Rodon on 19:45 - Sep 3 with 3251 viewsawayjack

Rodon on 18:03 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

Like many young players prone to make mistakes. Lets hope he learns quickly.

CB make mistakes shock! Mawson, Fernandez and Ash all made plenty of mistakes. Mawson averaged a couple per game and some howlers in PL this weekend by £50m rated CB.
Rodon has exceeded all expectations IMO in his first 5 senior matches.
Rodon on 19:55 - Sep 3 with 3209 viewsjack2jack

Rodon on 19:45 - Sep 3 by awayjack

CB make mistakes shock! Mawson, Fernandez and Ash all made plenty of mistakes. Mawson averaged a couple per game and some howlers in PL this weekend by £50m rated CB.
Rodon has exceeded all expectations IMO in his first 5 senior matches.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
He's stepped up to the plate( or rather chucked in in at the deep end) in a grueling league, he's done just fine.
Keep it up Joe.👍
Rodon on 20:10 - Sep 3 with 3165 viewsicecoldjack

I've been really impressed with Rodon, he's a far better footballer than flaky fernandez and while he makes a howler per game it's about the same average as Mawson when he was here .

Considering he's been thrown in at the deep end i don't think we could have asked for much better, he will improve in every game he plays, VDH has taken a slight dip when playing with young joe but that's also to be expected, i have to say though, both Fernandez and VDH together in this league and we'd be very comfortable indeed.

Rodon is good enough and it's amazing to see our young players grow and gain confidence as we play each game, we need to help them but hopefully we'll be lucky and they won't need it or suffer a dip in form or crisis of confidence.

Proud of all our young players but Rodon is quietly looking a potential star.
Rodon on 20:19 - Sep 3 with 3136 viewsjasper_T

Joe's got a good leap on him and we can't level the accusation that some Cheltenham fans did that he looks scared of heading the ball, but he does lose a lot of aerial contests we'd be wanting our defenders to win.

He's either misjudging the flight or getting muscled out of position by canny centre forwards. No major panic, he's not the only one getting beaten in the air. Plenty for Potter to work with moving forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024