Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 40337 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 19:11 - Sep 3 with 13222 viewsOldjack

we're not asking for the earth but Potter needs backing you tight arse bastards

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Interview with the Owners on 19:18 - Sep 3 with 13164 viewsDr_Winston

No doubt there will be many dissenters but a lot of that rings true for me. We were very expensively run for a club with our non-TV money income, and losing a massive chunk of the Sky cash was always going to cause us big, big difficulties.

Problem is the people responsible for so woefully mismanaging the situation in the first place are still in position. Making sure that the likes of Jenkins and Dineen are no longer involved in the club would go a long way towards getting some of the fans back on board.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interview with the Owners on 19:20 - Sep 3 with 13145 viewswaynekerr55

Interview with the Owners on 19:18 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

No doubt there will be many dissenters but a lot of that rings true for me. We were very expensively run for a club with our non-TV money income, and losing a massive chunk of the Sky cash was always going to cause us big, big difficulties.

Problem is the people responsible for so woefully mismanaging the situation in the first place are still in position. Making sure that the likes of Jenkins and Dineen are no longer involved in the club would go a long way towards getting some of the fans back on board.

We owe Huw a debt of gratitude

8m quid plus 10k per week not enough then

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Interview with the Owners on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 13128 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Reading between the lines the Trust have an interesting role to play.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Interview with the Owners on 19:27 - Sep 3 with 13080 viewsmarchamjack

We don’t want the lawyers in the room when we sit down with The Trust and the former owners...no I bet you don’t...

More weasel words overall and no actions

They’ve lucked out with Potter and the kids stepping up, so far

At least they’re honest enough to say they’ve put none of their own money in. Hopefully the one-eyed happy clappers will finally see it now

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Interview with the Owners on 19:27 - Sep 3 with 13076 viewsAl_Bundy

We consulted Jenkins about signing Woods !??!

WTF
Interview with the Owners on 19:27 - Sep 3 with 13066 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 19:18 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

Agree with that, there's an argument that without the short term loans from the Americans we would not have spent so heavily/badly in the last couple of years.
Something has gone badly wrong with the planning and transition following relegation the Woods transfer sounds like a real saga and we've got imbalances in the squad.
By selling to the Americans, the decision making has been passed over the Atlantic for only personal gain by the old board; no investment.
One question missed what's the rate on the short term loans?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:34]

Interview with the Owners on 19:29 - Sep 3 with 13033 viewswaynekerr55

Interview with the Owners on 19:27 - Sep 3 by marchamjack

We don’t want the lawyers in the room when we sit down with The Trust and the former owners...no I bet you don’t...

More weasel words overall and no actions

They’ve lucked out with Potter and the kids stepping up, so far

At least they’re honest enough to say they’ve put none of their own money in. Hopefully the one-eyed happy clappers will finally see it now

Well I for one hope the Trust insist upon it. We wouldn't want one of Huws inaccurate meeting records again, would we?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 19:31 - Sep 3 with 13000 viewsTenbySwan

I have read this through and my thoughts are that I just don't trust them.

What they say and what they do are two different things.

Q. Have you put money into the club

A . Yes, and reading between the lines, we have had it all back.

We are still paying for transfers we made in the past. - so where has all the money gone?

We have players on loan here, there and everywhere.

Perhaps they will issue a FULL set of independently audited accounts out to prove what the situation is.

The sellouts have put us in this position

Support the boys , - FECK the board!
Interview with the Owners on 19:35 - Sep 3 with 12945 viewshobo

wtf is this all about??

"Having budgeted for much more, the Swans received a combined total of only around £30m for the departures of defenders Alfie Mawson and Federico Fernandez, forward Jordan Ayew, centre-backs Jordi Amat and Kyle Bartley, midfielder Sam Clucas and goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.

That combined figure is around £15m less than the sum of the fees widely reported for those players."

Do they mean we only received £30m this season, with further payments to be received in future seasons?
Surely there's no way we'd only sell that lot for £30m? That's abysmal even by the board's standards. Other clubs would have sold Mawson alone for that amount
Interview with the Owners on 19:35 - Sep 3 with 12944 viewsthornabyswan

Interview with the Owners on 19:21 - Sep 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Reading between the lines the Trust have an interesting role to play.

Yes they will try and get the Trust onside and then hope to get the fans onside.
Looks like they are not going anywhere just yet.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Interview with the Owners on 19:36 - Sep 3 with 12930 viewsN_T_J

Nice to see they were doing their due diligence
Interview with the Owners on 19:37 - Sep 3 with 12918 viewsBillyChong

In terms of that money you put in, does it return to you once those payments come in? Is there a requirement for that money to come back to you out of the football club?

JL: "If we did not have that money back then it would be equity. We would be putting equity in, we have not done that. If we put equity in then there would be no requirement for it to come back to us. Up to now, we have said that they are advances to the club that banks will not give us, and we are ready to step in and do that."
Interview with the Owners on 19:42 - Sep 3 with 12855 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 19:37 - Sep 3 by BillyChong

In terms of that money you put in, does it return to you once those payments come in? Is there a requirement for that money to come back to you out of the football club?

JL: "If we did not have that money back then it would be equity. We would be putting equity in, we have not done that. If we put equity in then there would be no requirement for it to come back to us. Up to now, we have said that they are advances to the club that banks will not give us, and we are ready to step in and do that."

And what rate do they charge?

Interview with the Owners on 19:44 - Sep 3 with 12821 viewsangryjack

I felt physically sick reading that also anger,I would love to just hurt the kants badly just short of death the kants
Interview with the Owners on 19:44 - Sep 3 with 12822 views3swan

"The American businessmen have also revealed they are considering putting equity into the club - by buying more shares, possibly from the Supporters' Trust - in order to help absorb losses related to relegation."

Am I missing something here?

Isn't that just buying shares (transfer from the Trust to them)? so not extra money for the club.

Also is that just another way of glossing over the 5%? that they offered to buy from the Trust and then delayed.
Interview with the Owners on 19:48 - Sep 3 with 12775 viewsstAteSwan

I want to see a full release of the audited financial records from the past two years. They can sit there and admit they made mistakes all they want, but when you have supporters open accusing you of pocketing money meant from the club, that person would surely want to clear their name...surely?

Also, they will never sack Jenkins. He's a perfect scapegoat. The minute Levien/Kaplan made that decision, they are essentially admitting every mistake from there on out is strictly on them. That could be a problem if this season does not turn out well.
Interview with the Owners on 19:52 - Sep 3 with 12731 viewsJethroJack

For some weird reason, these 2 Yanks are a lot more tolerant of repeated incompetence that your average American businessman, otherwise HJ would have been on his bike long ago.
Interview with the Owners on 19:52 - Sep 3 with 12730 viewsjack247

Interview with the Owners on 19:35 - Sep 3 by hobo

wtf is this all about??

"Having budgeted for much more, the Swans received a combined total of only around £30m for the departures of defenders Alfie Mawson and Federico Fernandez, forward Jordan Ayew, centre-backs Jordi Amat and Kyle Bartley, midfielder Sam Clucas and goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.

That combined figure is around £15m less than the sum of the fees widely reported for those players."

Do they mean we only received £30m this season, with further payments to be received in future seasons?
Surely there's no way we'd only sell that lot for £30m? That's abysmal even by the board's standards. Other clubs would have sold Mawson alone for that amount

I think one of their biggest problems was heavily overestimating what we’d get for those players as a relegated club who were plainly desperate to offload.

The £45m sounds about right, conservative if anything. Very rough figures, but Mawson - £20m, Fernandez - £8m, Fabianski, Clucas, Mesa £6m each, plus Bartley, Amat and whatever loan fees we got for the Ayews and Borja
Interview with the Owners on 19:54 - Sep 3 with 12708 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 19:48 - Sep 3 by stAteSwan

I want to see a full release of the audited financial records from the past two years. They can sit there and admit they made mistakes all they want, but when you have supporters open accusing you of pocketing money meant from the club, that person would surely want to clear their name...surely?

Also, they will never sack Jenkins. He's a perfect scapegoat. The minute Levien/Kaplan made that decision, they are essentially admitting every mistake from there on out is strictly on them. That could be a problem if this season does not turn out well.

As one of my old CEOs used to say always have someone covering the big risks, Jenkins is covering reputational, legal and potentially financial risks.

Interview with the Owners on 20:02 - Sep 3 with 12610 views_

That's an extremely fair and open statement and backs up what most rational fans have been saying since relegation.

We should be encouraged by it and jump on board with the exciting changes happening at the Club.

Time to move on and support.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Interview with the Owners on 20:05 - Sep 3 with 12583 viewsmonmouth

Interview with the Owners on 19:44 - Sep 3 by 3swan

"The American businessmen have also revealed they are considering putting equity into the club - by buying more shares, possibly from the Supporters' Trust - in order to help absorb losses related to relegation."

Am I missing something here?

Isn't that just buying shares (transfer from the Trust to them)? so not extra money for the club.

Also is that just another way of glossing over the 5%? that they offered to buy from the Trust and then delayed.

Equity instead of loans to cover a financial hole?

This all has a very bad feel. I'm wondering about the motivation at the moment though. Is it to try and publicly blame the Trust if they take the shithouses to court? "The legal action means that we can't fund working capital and the club is at risk".

Buying shares off the Trust brings no new money into the club and gives them no benefit so they would only offer again if they were pretty sure they would lose in court.

As a club, we are a state. The Trust has never needed to be at the top of its game so desperately.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 20:08]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Interview with the Owners on 20:06 - Sep 3 with 12577 viewsOldjack

Interview with the Owners on 20:02 - Sep 3 by _

That's an extremely fair and open statement and backs up what most rational fans have been saying since relegation.

We should be encouraged by it and jump on board with the exciting changes happening at the Club.

Time to move on and support.

bollocks ! theses bastards are tarting this up like we haven't got a pot to piss in ,the figures speak differently ,and why hasn't your mate taken a pay cut ,it;s not as if he can't afford it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Interview with the Owners on 20:06 - Sep 3 with 12577 viewsFlashberryjack

That interview will have cost us about 20% of our season ticket sales for next season.

Talk about "shooting yourself in the foot"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Interview with the Owners on 20:07 - Sep 3 with 12559 viewsjack2jack

Surely it won't take years, only took em two years to get us out of it.(Alright calm down).
Can we trust them to rebuild that's the question!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024