Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 40213 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 17:46 - Sep 4 with 2163 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 17:28 - Sep 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Many conversations and no Plan B?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 17:29]

Plan B from here on will be giving the kids a chance. Can't go wasting millions on second choices.

At least till we're rid of Bony and the other top earners, anyway.
Interview with the Owners on 17:48 - Sep 4 with 2156 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Last season or the season before we would have bought Woods without a second thought and paid the asking price. Just in case any other club was interested we would have probably offered £7.5M just to make sure.

It seems lessons have been learned.

I think we all know that the reset button has been hit very hard. Harder than most people would want but the more difficult the medicine is to swallow now the easier it will be to recover further down the line.
They’ve taken a huge risk with the squad in terms of injuries to certain key players but the question is, is it better to take that risk than risk the finances of the club? Potter looks an inspired appointment and one that means they are more likely to get away with the risk to the squad than any other managerial appointment they could have made. Jenkins has been given a peripheral role compared to recent seasons and that is because of his failures in recent seasons. It is reasonable to wonder whether his salary has been cut commensurate with his role in relegating the club and his reduced responsibility.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Interview with the Owners on 17:57 - Sep 4 with 2120 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 17:46 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

Plan B from here on will be giving the kids a chance. Can't go wasting millions on second choices.

At least till we're rid of Bony and the other top earners, anyway.

Could be, but I don't think the gaps we have and the overload of 7 wingers says anything good about the restructuring. I'm not for over spending just a bit of planning and strategy.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Interview with the Owners on 18:00 - Sep 4 with 2089 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 17:40 - Sep 4 by switchingcode

They also seemed to avoid the question about the manager wanting the player and him being disappointed when they answered “we can’t live in a world where we cannot disappoint the manager”
Let’s be honest neither side seems to be missing not having Ryan Woods and I think we will both be battling it out at the top of league this season.Should be happy to at least have got yourselves a decent manager.

They answered it perfectly fine. We don't live in a world where a manager can get every player he wants. Even giving an example of the disastrous Clement and his 'happiness' last season with Tammy and Sanches.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Interview with the Owners on 18:02 - Sep 4 with 2078 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 17:48 - Sep 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Last season or the season before we would have bought Woods without a second thought and paid the asking price. Just in case any other club was interested we would have probably offered £7.5M just to make sure.

I think we all know that the reset button has been hit very hard. Harder than most people would want but the more difficult the medicine is to swallow now the easier it will be to recover further down the line.
They’ve taken a huge risk with the squad in terms of injuries to certain key players but the question is, is it better to take that risk than risk the finances of the club? Potter looks an inspired appointment and one that means they are more likely to get away with the risk to the squad than any other managerial appointment they could have made. Jenkins has been given a peripheral role compared to recent seasons and that is because of his failures in recent seasons. It is reasonable to wonder whether his salary has been cut commensurate with his role in relegating the club and his reduced responsibility.

Great post and the Trust has been asked that question repeatedly.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Interview with the Owners on 18:08 - Sep 4 with 2077 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 17:57 - Sep 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Could be, but I don't think the gaps we have and the overload of 7 wingers says anything good about the restructuring. I'm not for over spending just a bit of planning and strategy.

Well we were also reportedly in for Riedewald who turned us down and Sean Clare who failed his medical.

We're still looking to get rid of the 3 highest earning wingers. Asoro was a Potter pick, we had to give him something he wanted, surely (even if it's not looking like a wise investment so far).
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 18:09]
Interview with the Owners on 18:11 - Sep 4 with 2065 viewsperplex

Interview with the Owners on 12:28 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

Hang on, it was these two sleeze merchants that ultimately gave Potter the chance in the big time. No other club did that and I think you and others underestimate the opportunity he's actually been given and all because fans are blinded by hatred.

No doubt he was cheap, agreed to what ever they wanted so he could have a chance of progressing as a manager, and getting a manager who turns out to be a good un is not down to those pair of muppets as neither have a clue about football, they seem to have got lucky in this case if indeed it was them that wanted him, and last but not least look at the other managers who have been appointed since these two clowns bought the club, are you going to give them the credit for those appointments as well, as I say keep appointing different manager`s and one will eventually turn out to be decent, ps are you a big fan of Neville Chamberlain as you remind me of him.
Interview with the Owners on 18:11 - Sep 4 with 2065 viewsawayjack

Interview with the Owners on 17:48 - Sep 4 by Joe_bradshaw

My sense from talking to many fans over the last few weeks is it would be easier to accept the aggressive approach taken to players if it was also being applied to the Board, consultants, management fees and other non-playing costs. This would fit with the ‘sustainable model’ objective. It’s typical for companies to go through organisational changes and outline the objectives and targets. Jenkins, Pearlman, Kaplan and co have all made extensive statements but no reference to cutting these huge non-playing cost. This is creating a lot of the trust issues and give credence to the various leaks that the Board/Advisors are not part of these cost reductions.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 18:16 - Sep 4 with 2050 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 18:11 - Sep 4 by awayjack

My sense from talking to many fans over the last few weeks is it would be easier to accept the aggressive approach taken to players if it was also being applied to the Board, consultants, management fees and other non-playing costs. This would fit with the ‘sustainable model’ objective. It’s typical for companies to go through organisational changes and outline the objectives and targets. Jenkins, Pearlman, Kaplan and co have all made extensive statements but no reference to cutting these huge non-playing cost. This is creating a lot of the trust issues and give credence to the various leaks that the Board/Advisors are not part of these cost reductions.

Probably one of the questions that got vetoed by the Americans I'd guess.

Interview with the Owners on 18:16 - Sep 4 with 2049 viewsperplex

Interview with the Owners on 12:54 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

I genuinely don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I think you're right about something though. With English not being your first language you do get the wrong end of the stick with alarming regularity.

You seen to not have a clue about a lot of things aka the young lad that sent you running from the pup after slapping you for picking on him, you genuinely did not have a clue about that as well despite most peeps in the pub witnessing it.
Interview with the Owners on 18:17 - Sep 4 with 2046 viewsjasper_T

So close the academy, a club shop, sack 3/4 of the ground staff, no more printing in colour...
Interview with the Owners on 18:37 - Sep 4 with 2010 viewsDarran

Interview with the Owners on 18:16 - Sep 4 by perplex

You seen to not have a clue about a lot of things aka the young lad that sent you running from the pup after slapping you for picking on him, you genuinely did not have a clue about that as well despite most peeps in the pub witnessing it.

Tell us more perpy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interview with the Owners on 19:22 - Sep 4 with 1945 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 18:17 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

So close the academy, a club shop, sack 3/4 of the ground staff, no more printing in colour...

Jenkins and Pearlman taking a 50% cut would cover a lot of that.

Interview with the Owners on 19:25 - Sep 4 with 1933 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 19:22 - Sep 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins and Pearlman taking a 50% cut would cover a lot of that.

That's what, half a million saved? There's supposedly £50m in unnecessary non-playing expenses that need to be trimmed down in line with our ~50% drop in income this season (and more in future years).
Interview with the Owners on 19:25 - Sep 4 with 1921 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 18:16 - Sep 4 by perplex

The one you messaged me to tell me you were joking? No, I didn't remember it.

Interview with the Owners on 19:47 - Sep 4 with 1868 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 19:25 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

That's what, half a million saved? There's supposedly £50m in unnecessary non-playing expenses that need to be trimmed down in line with our ~50% drop in income this season (and more in future years).

Find out who is spending the money and sack them, some good advice given to me once when getting costs under control.

Interview with the Owners on 19:53 - Sep 4 with 1857 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 19:47 - Sep 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Find out who is spending the money and sack them, some good advice given to me once when getting costs under control.

We've been paying £7m a year to agents (mostly the Ayews'). Hopefully that's done with.

Although supposedly Asoro's has expensive tastes. Wanted £1m for himself when Spurs were interested.
Interview with the Owners on 20:09 - Sep 4 with 1832 viewsmajorraglan

Interview with the Owners on 19:47 - Sep 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

I suspect the only way we will know whether we are being told the truth, spun a yarn or an embellished account is if the accounts and spending are scrutinised properly, I don’t mean summaries I mean a thorough transparent review which hopefully the Trust would be able to do.

It’s always good to keep an open mind and maintain a healthy cynicism, it’s as easy as ABC

Assume nothing
Believe no one
Check everything!
Interview with the Owners on 20:31 - Sep 4 with 1792 viewsGowerjack

Interview with the Owners on 23:14 - Sep 3 by builthjack

The pair of lying, devious, scheming kunts have spoken. Tw@ts.

So are Kaplan & Levine..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Interview with the Owners on 20:47 - Sep 4 with 1757 viewsKrisP

Almost all of that is conjecture though isn't it? Please point me to the evidence if available, but aren't things vast management fees so far just something aggrieved fans have cooked up to get riled about? And as if the average fan (in which include myself) has a clue about what "non-playing costs" really contain aside from Jenkins and Pearlman's salaries.
Interview with the Owners on 20:54 - Sep 4 with 1740 viewslonglostjack

Interview with the Owners on 19:25 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

That’s really not the point though is it? Steve and Jase - a classic case of don’t do as I do, do as I tell you.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Interview with the Owners on 20:58 - Sep 4 with 1729 views34dfgdf54

I’m sorry, what you’re saying is no doubt right and is what would happen in a normal business, but I don’t want normal folk at the club losing their jobs if that’s what you’re implying about “non playing” costs.

Get rid of Jenkins and Pearlman, couldn’t give a f*ck about either of them. I’d honestly rather us lose more players if it meant we could keep others in jobs, it’s not their fault we got relegated, they don’t deserve to pay the price.
Interview with the Owners on 21:02 - Sep 4 with 1714 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 20:58 - Sep 4 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sorry, what you’re saying is no doubt right and is what would happen in a normal business, but I don’t want normal folk at the club losing their jobs if that’s what you’re implying about “non playing” costs.

Get rid of Jenkins and Pearlman, couldn’t give a f*ck about either of them. I’d honestly rather us lose more players if it meant we could keep others in jobs, it’s not their fault we got relegated, they don’t deserve to pay the price.

369 paid employees on the 16/17 accounts, and you could sack half of them and save less money than Bony earns.
Interview with the Owners on 21:40 - Sep 4 with 1647 viewsRevJames

Interview with the Owners on 20:02 - Sep 3 by _

That's an extremely fair and open statement and backs up what most rational fans have been saying since relegation.

We should be encouraged by it and jump on board with the exciting changes happening at the Club.

Time to move on and support.

Can't help thinking it would be a lot more 'exciting' if we were still in the Premier League, had a period of stability without changing managers every 6 months and stopped wasting millions on poor recruitment.

Is there no accountability and responsibility for such decision making?

Reboot?
Interview with the Owners on 21:56 - Sep 4 with 1614 viewsawayjack

Interview with the Owners on 20:47 - Sep 4 by KrisP

Almost all of that is conjecture though isn't it? Please point me to the evidence if available, but aren't things vast management fees so far just something aggrieved fans have cooked up to get riled about? And as if the average fan (in which include myself) has a clue about what "non-playing costs" really contain aside from Jenkins and Pearlman's salaries.

Some fans are able to compare our costs with other clubs that are similar. It’s not rocket science and if there are large variances - and we’re talking tens of millions in our case - ask the questions or make sure those in a position like the Trust ask the right questions. Maybe best you leave it to others and snipe on the sidelines like your other posts. Give Bob Bradley a chance was your best post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024