Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 39651 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 22:15 - Sep 4 with 2345 viewsKrisP

Interview with the Owners on 21:56 - Sep 4 by awayjack

Some fans are able to compare our costs with other clubs that are similar. It’s not rocket science and if there are large variances - and we’re talking tens of millions in our case - ask the questions or make sure those in a position like the Trust ask the right questions. Maybe best you leave it to others and snipe on the sidelines like your other posts. Give Bob Bradley a chance was your best post.

You keep saying that, but what does "snipe on the sidelines" even mean in the context of an online football forum? Aren't we all, bar the handful who put themselves up for the Trust positions?
Interview with the Owners on 09:13 - Sep 5 with 2159 viewsawayjack

Interview with the Owners on 22:15 - Sep 4 by KrisP

You keep saying that, but what does "snipe on the sidelines" even mean in the context of an online football forum? Aren't we all, bar the handful who put themselves up for the Trust positions?

Your right in that information should be communicated in a way that fans that aren’t in finance or business can easlily understand. However it’s not only the Trust have info on the club. There’s plenty of information in the public domain - accounts, premier league info, agents reports, debt charges and instruments, company structures, legal cases etc.. Also many other clubs publish their accounts for relevant comparison of our inexplicable financial performance versus peers. So questions are rightly being asked by he Trust and the fans that care.

This information, combined with statements from Investors, Directors, Trust, analysts, media and former employees, pose many questions and highlight inconsistencies in what owners say verus what actually they do. There are only a few Trust members with access to financial info and this is not as easy the get as it should be. It’s important fans with financial and business backgrounds help ask questions that make other fans aware of financial issues and also offset the misinformation some posters are paid to promote.

So there’s plenty of information in public domain, but also chats with ITK people that add to the concerns. You prefer to dismiss all this as conjecture rather than try to understand from the basics that there are many serious questions. Fortunately fans are increasing awareness so good time for the Trust with new leaders to step up with more fans support. No doubt there’ll be a lot more information and some questions answered over the next couple of months.
Interview with the Owners on 09:23 - Sep 5 with 2139 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 09:13 - Sep 5 by awayjack

Your right in that information should be communicated in a way that fans that aren’t in finance or business can easlily understand. However it’s not only the Trust have info on the club. There’s plenty of information in the public domain - accounts, premier league info, agents reports, debt charges and instruments, company structures, legal cases etc.. Also many other clubs publish their accounts for relevant comparison of our inexplicable financial performance versus peers. So questions are rightly being asked by he Trust and the fans that care.

This information, combined with statements from Investors, Directors, Trust, analysts, media and former employees, pose many questions and highlight inconsistencies in what owners say verus what actually they do. There are only a few Trust members with access to financial info and this is not as easy the get as it should be. It’s important fans with financial and business backgrounds help ask questions that make other fans aware of financial issues and also offset the misinformation some posters are paid to promote.

So there’s plenty of information in public domain, but also chats with ITK people that add to the concerns. You prefer to dismiss all this as conjecture rather than try to understand from the basics that there are many serious questions. Fortunately fans are increasing awareness so good time for the Trust with new leaders to step up with more fans support. No doubt there’ll be a lot more information and some questions answered over the next couple of months.

Yes it will be interesting to see what information comes out or does not, The relationship between the parent company in the states the club and the flow of funds between the two will be one area of interest.
I hope The Trust are getting the right people on Board.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Interview with the Owners on 10:43 - Sep 5 with 2090 viewsJackSomething

Interview with the Owners on 12:09 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

See, this is the sort of cheap provocation people have to deal with for having a different opinion.

It's pretty shameful. Imagine me accusing you of something that's not true. It's a disgrace and you really need to grow up.

I can't prove it's true, you can't prove it's not. So until you stop sounding like you're on the owner's payroll, I'll keep it up thanks.

Not sure you're one to talk to anybody about growing up. For a recent example, see your posts from Saturday.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Interview with the Owners on 19:15 - Sep 5 with 1967 viewsperplex

Interview with the Owners on 19:25 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

The one you messaged me to tell me you were joking? No, I didn't remember it.

Come on now Chris it was you who messaged me because you were looking for a way out of not having to take up the offer of coming down to the gym, you started going on about me being younger and fitter so I felt a little sorry for you, and said I was only teasing you despite you being the one who said you would gladly punch me if you saw me in a pub, yet when I give you the chance to do exactly that but legally you wanted no part of it.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 19:16]
Interview with the Owners on 00:10 - Sep 6 with 1892 viewsswan65split

only just had time to read a bit of it, basically HJ fooked up then?
in Huw we trust!
Interview with the Owners on 14:17 - Sep 6 with 1795 viewsQJumpingJack

The take out from the interview earlier this week and from some of the quotes at the Trust event last night is that are owners are poor communicators, arrogant, and do not have any class in showing the supporters/Trust any respect at all.
Interview with the Owners on 14:57 - Sep 6 with 1770 viewsawayjack

Interview with the Owners on 20:58 - Sep 4 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sorry, what you’re saying is no doubt right and is what would happen in a normal business, but I don’t want normal folk at the club losing their jobs if that’s what you’re implying about “non playing” costs.

Get rid of Jenkins and Pearlman, couldn’t give a f*ck about either of them. I’d honestly rather us lose more players if it meant we could keep others in jobs, it’s not their fault we got relegated, they don’t deserve to pay the price.

Nope it’s not the normal employees that are raising the concerns. Even if there are 150 back office staff, I suspect excluding Board / Senior staff that would only be marginally more than the costs for Bony!

The figure referenced on other sites are £52m for players, plus £73m for non playing costs. If these figures are even in the right ball park it doesn’t stack and it’s not day-to- day staff creating the issue.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 15:06 - Sep 6 with 1758 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 14:57 - Sep 6 by awayjack

Nope it’s not the normal employees that are raising the concerns. Even if there are 150 back office staff, I suspect excluding Board / Senior staff that would only be marginally more than the costs for Bony!

The figure referenced on other sites are £52m for players, plus £73m for non playing costs. If these figures are even in the right ball park it doesn’t stack and it’s not day-to- day staff creating the issue.

My rough maths are ~£30m for players right now, with a dozen big earners gone.

£52m on the last published accounts is not in the right ball park. No way.
Interview with the Owners on 15:13 - Sep 6 with 1747 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 15:06 - Sep 6 by jasper_T

My rough maths are ~£30m for players right now, with a dozen big earners gone.

£52m on the last published accounts is not in the right ball park. No way.

£30m for playing staff

How do you think that breaks down re

Bony
Fer
Naughton
Carroll
VDH
Nordfelt
Montero
Ollsson
Routledge
Narsingh
McBurnie

.....and the rest

If then Bony and Fer leave in January what do you think the playing staff costs will then be?
Interview with the Owners on 15:14 - Sep 6 with 1744 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 15:13 - Sep 6 by Nookiejack

£30m for playing staff

Bony
Fer
Naughton
Carroll
VDH
Nordfelt
Montero
Ollsson
Routledge
Narsingh
McBurnie

.....and the rest

If then Bony and Fer leave in January what do you think the playing staff costs will then be?

I forgot about Dyer
Interview with the Owners on 16:00 - Sep 6 with 1695 viewsjasper_T

£30m for playing staff

Bony
Fer
Naughton
Carroll
VDH
Nordfelt
Montero
Ollsson
Routledge
Narsingh
McBurnie

.....and the rest

Most of those are on £20-30K a week following relegation clauses, the exceptions being McBurnie (more like £15k with a big pay rise should we get promoted) and van der Hoorn (who signed his contract to be a backup player coming from Holland, so again maybe £15k). Matt Grimes is on £10k.

Bony's on anywhere between £80k and £120k, with City potentially still paying a sizeable chunk (£30k).

Youth players are on anywhere between £500 and £2k/week, including Connor Roberts who signed his last deal a month into his Bristol Rovers loan in 2016. Exceptions there are Dan James, Yan Dhanda and George Byers who are likely between £5k and £10k for various reasons. First and second year scholars £105/week.

I don't have figures for Declan John or Carter-Vickers yet. Don't know what Rangers & Spurs were/are paying them.

For more details buy FM19 (available Nov 2nd).
Interview with the Owners on 17:58 - Sep 6 with 1633 viewsomarjack

£30m for playing staff

Bony
Fer
Naughton
Carroll
VDH
Nordfelt
Montero
Ollsson
Routledge
Narsingh
McBurnie

.....and the rest

My breakdown (estimates, not facts obviously since the details aren't made public)

Goalkeepers =
1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt - 18k/wk (relegation clause)
2) Erwin Mulder - 10k/wk (relegation clause)
3) Steven Benda - 1k+/wk

Defenders =
4) Kyle Naughton - £23k/wk (relegation clause)
5) Connor Roberts - £5k/wk (relegation clause)
6) Martin Olsson - £23k/wk (relegation clause)
7) Jordi Govea Merlin - £3k/wk
8) Cameron Carter-Vickers- £20k/wk
9) Mike Van der Hoorn - £10k/wk (relegation clause)
10) Cian Harries - £2k/wkk
11) Joe Rodon - £1k/wk
12) Declan John - £10k/wk

Midfield =
13) Jay Fulton - £5k/wk (relegation clause)
14) Leroy Fer - £30k/wk (relegation clause)
15) Tom Carroll - £25k/wk (relegation clause)
16) Bersant Celina - £20k/wk
17) Yann Dhanda - £10k/wk
18) Matt Grimes - £5k/wk (relegation clause)
19) George Byers - £5k/wk
20) Adnan Maric - £2k/wk

Wingers =
21) Joel Asoro - £15k/wk
22) Nathan Dyer - £23k/wk (relegation clause)
23) Barrie McKay - £10k/wk
24) Jefferson Montero - £21k/wk (relegation clause)
25) Luciano Narsingh - £22k/wk (relegation clause)
26) Wayne Routledge - £25k/wk (relegation clause)
27) Daniel James - £1k/wk

Strikers =
28) Wilfried Bony - £100k/wk
29) Oliver McBurnie - £20k/wk (new deal)

+ Graham Potter - £20k/wk

TOTAL 18/19 = 485k/wk = 25.2 £ per annum

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Interview with the Owners on 18:22 - Sep 6 with 1611 viewsjasper_T

On top of those figures you then add standard performance bonuses and tax, plus the wages we're still paying for the Ayews and Baston and £30m for players alone starts to look a conservative figure.
Interview with the Owners on 18:27 - Sep 6 with 1602 viewsomarjack

Interview with the Owners on 18:22 - Sep 6 by jasper_T

On top of those figures you then add standard performance bonuses and tax, plus the wages we're still paying for the Ayews and Baston and £30m for players alone starts to look a conservative figure.

Fenerbahce and Crystal Palace are covering all of the Ayews wages (at least Fenerbahce are I'm sure of that) (we can't expect any loan fees with such "generosity" of course)

As for Borja, other academy players then that's around extra 2 m I'd say.. (Alaves are p!ss poor, we can't expect them to pay more than 20k out of his 40-45k/wk wages)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Interview with the Owners on 19:48 - Sep 6 with 1560 viewsQJumpingJack

I am hoping someone (ie the Trust) can get confirmation who funded the US trip for the journalists for this interview.
Did WalesOnline and BBC Wales (us the license fee payers) pay for their travel/expenses or did the club (ie us the fans)?

Is there a line against PR in the club accounts?
Interview with the Owners on 20:09 - Sep 6 with 1542 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 16:00 - Sep 6 by jasper_T

Most of those are on £20-30K a week following relegation clauses, the exceptions being McBurnie (more like £15k with a big pay rise should we get promoted) and van der Hoorn (who signed his contract to be a backup player coming from Holland, so again maybe £15k). Matt Grimes is on £10k.

Bony's on anywhere between £80k and £120k, with City potentially still paying a sizeable chunk (£30k).

Youth players are on anywhere between £500 and £2k/week, including Connor Roberts who signed his last deal a month into his Bristol Rovers loan in 2016. Exceptions there are Dan James, Yan Dhanda and George Byers who are likely between £5k and £10k for various reasons. First and second year scholars £105/week.

I don't have figures for Declan John or Carter-Vickers yet. Don't know what Rangers & Spurs were/are paying them.

For more details buy FM19 (available Nov 2nd).

Thanks and could I ask what do you think are the costs for Graham Potter and his team?
Interview with the Owners on 20:11 - Sep 6 with 1539 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 17:58 - Sep 6 by omarjack

My breakdown (estimates, not facts obviously since the details aren't made public)

Goalkeepers =
1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt - 18k/wk (relegation clause)
2) Erwin Mulder - 10k/wk (relegation clause)
3) Steven Benda - 1k+/wk

Defenders =
4) Kyle Naughton - £23k/wk (relegation clause)
5) Connor Roberts - £5k/wk (relegation clause)
6) Martin Olsson - £23k/wk (relegation clause)
7) Jordi Govea Merlin - £3k/wk
8) Cameron Carter-Vickers- £20k/wk
9) Mike Van der Hoorn - £10k/wk (relegation clause)
10) Cian Harries - £2k/wkk
11) Joe Rodon - £1k/wk
12) Declan John - £10k/wk

Midfield =
13) Jay Fulton - £5k/wk (relegation clause)
14) Leroy Fer - £30k/wk (relegation clause)
15) Tom Carroll - £25k/wk (relegation clause)
16) Bersant Celina - £20k/wk
17) Yann Dhanda - £10k/wk
18) Matt Grimes - £5k/wk (relegation clause)
19) George Byers - £5k/wk
20) Adnan Maric - £2k/wk

Wingers =
21) Joel Asoro - £15k/wk
22) Nathan Dyer - £23k/wk (relegation clause)
23) Barrie McKay - £10k/wk
24) Jefferson Montero - £21k/wk (relegation clause)
25) Luciano Narsingh - £22k/wk (relegation clause)
26) Wayne Routledge - £25k/wk (relegation clause)
27) Daniel James - £1k/wk

Strikers =
28) Wilfried Bony - £100k/wk
29) Oliver McBurnie - £20k/wk (new deal)

+ Graham Potter - £20k/wk

TOTAL 18/19 = 485k/wk = 25.2 £ per annum

Cheers Omar and same as above how much do you think we are paying for Graham Potter and his team?
Interview with the Owners on 20:13 - Sep 6 with 1530 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 20:11 - Sep 6 by Nookiejack

Cheers Omar and same as above how much do you think we are paying for Graham Potter and his team?

Sorry you have estimated £20k at the end for Graham Potter
Interview with the Owners on 20:13 - Sep 6 with 1528 viewsWarwickHunt

Interview with the Owners on 19:48 - Sep 6 by QJumpingJack

I am hoping someone (ie the Trust) can get confirmation who funded the US trip for the journalists for this interview.
Did WalesOnline and BBC Wales (us the license fee payers) pay for their travel/expenses or did the club (ie us the fans)?

Is there a line against PR in the club accounts?

I doubt very much if the interview was in person.
Interview with the Owners on 20:15 - Sep 6 with 1519 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 20:11 - Sep 6 by Nookiejack

What is your understanding of the solidarity payments that PL pays to Championship clubs.

Do we still receive them if we receive the parachute money? How much do you estimate for these along with Championship TV money plus our season ticket money?

How does all this compare to the £25m wage bill?
Interview with the Owners on 20:24 - Sep 6 with 1513 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 20:13 - Sep 6 by WarwickHunt

There are photos of the journos in the room with them, aren't there?
Interview with the Owners on 20:24 - Sep 6 with 1513 viewsNookiejack

Interview with the Owners on 18:22 - Sep 6 by jasper_T

You would add employers NI at 13.8% = £3.5m on £25m.

So agree £30m looks conservative when you add the other things you have mentioned.

What is your estimate for non playing staff (excluding Graham Potter and his team)?

If Bony and Fer leave in January costs come substantially down and you can understand why they were trying to get Routledge, Dyer and Narsingh off the books - of Omar’s figures are right.
Interview with the Owners on 20:28 - Sep 6 with 1501 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 20:24 - Sep 6 by Nookiejack

You would add employers NI at 13.8% = £3.5m on £25m.

So agree £30m looks conservative when you add the other things you have mentioned.

What is your estimate for non playing staff (excluding Graham Potter and his team)?

If Bony and Fer leave in January costs come substantially down and you can understand why they were trying to get Routledge, Dyer and Narsingh off the books - of Omar’s figures are right.

Off the top of my head I've got ~£25k all in for Potter's team (manager, two first team coaches and head scout Macaulay).
Interview with the Owners on 20:28 - Sep 6 with 1500 viewsQJumpingJack

Interview with the Owners on 20:13 - Sep 6 by WarwickHunt

the journos were in America.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024