Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 39642 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 21:04 - Sep 3 with 2526 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 20:55 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

The fact that they declined to answer some questions should have been made clear in the article. It’s the same with politicians, they want to stage manage everything.

It's hard to stir the pot when you depend on access for your content. Proper investigative journalism is a dead art.
Interview with the Owners on 21:05 - Sep 3 with 2507 viewsDarran

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interview with the Owners on 21:10 - Sep 3 with 2464 viewsicecoldjack

Anyone who thinks these guys are genuine and can be believed need their heads tested, not sure if it's just me but the lies and deceit seep through the written words.

Every single supporter clearly understood we needed to cut the playing staff and cut it greatly, in fact many welcomed it including myself, and my posts in pre season are there to be found, the depth of cost cutting however didn't seem to extend to them or Jenkins.

Like most other fans i've suspected we would get screwed from day 1, and there is nothing that's happened since to calm my fears, actually saying there is more cost cutting to come when 16 players are already gone will take some doing but good early season form from young players already looks like it will be yet another means to cash in.

It's yet another bland statement with empty words with a thinly veiled threat of continued asset striping of the playing staff, full of holes such as them not doing proper checks on the most expensive signings which differs from the young players that have been here a while, do they not realise that 2 of those fook ups were here before? Bony was a gamble we couldn't afford and Andre a bigger one who was here only 6 months last time before he was making noises and wanting to leave !

They never knew that and yet many fans did ?

It's all utter bollks. We all know serious cost cutting was needed but because they are so inept at buying AND selling they've actually achieved the no mean feat of double fooking us ! over paying and under selling assets and then having to sell more to cover the hideous losses !!

That ain't any kind of plan that's just sheer incompetence on a grand scale, yet some muppets on here seem to lap it all up.

These people should not be trusted or listened to, the first plan must be to get rid of Jenkins, force him to resign, do what it takes, then there is no buffer zone or layer of protection in front of the yanks, they will then be clearly accountable and visible to the fan base, I'm actually appalled Jenkins hasn't already resigned, he knows the situation, maybe he is an unwilling partner and no doubt an NDA will be in place if he left so his words couldn't help but it seems he just doesn't care enough to drop his 500k a year and is happy being the patsy .

It's a huge shambles, has been for years and we all must take a share of responsibility for it as many were happy sticking their head in the sand as we limped from one relegation survival to the next, many ignoring the glaring mismanagement higher up.
Interview with the Owners on 21:11 - Sep 3 with 2447 viewsdobjack2

Interview with the Owners on 20:45 - Sep 3 by TenbySwan

Dafydd Pritchard (the interviewer) has said on Twitter tonight that they only had an infinite amount of time for the interview and that some questions were rejected by K & L as being ones they didn't want to answer

We are only being told what they want to say. All spin.

Only an infinite amount of time? He should have kept going.
Interview with the Owners on 21:12 - Sep 3 with 2430 views_

Interview with the Owners on 20:50 - Sep 3 by TenbySwan

Someone asked him that but he hadn't replied last time I looked.

It seems that the interview was 'stage managed by the PR machine.

They clearly think we are all bloody idiots!

Hang on, it's no different to what the Trust do. They hide behind 'confidentiality' barriers as well.

You can't go assuming anything until you have context.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Interview with the Owners on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 2399 viewsDarran

Interview with the Owners on 21:11 - Sep 3 by dobjack2

Only an infinite amount of time? He should have kept going.

Finite he actually said on Twitter.

Interview with the Owners on 21:16 - Sep 3 with 2399 viewsjeza739

Interview with the Owners on 21:10 - Sep 3 by icecoldjack

Anyone who thinks these guys are genuine and can be believed need their heads tested, not sure if it's just me but the lies and deceit seep through the written words.

Every single supporter clearly understood we needed to cut the playing staff and cut it greatly, in fact many welcomed it including myself, and my posts in pre season are there to be found, the depth of cost cutting however didn't seem to extend to them or Jenkins.

Like most other fans i've suspected we would get screwed from day 1, and there is nothing that's happened since to calm my fears, actually saying there is more cost cutting to come when 16 players are already gone will take some doing but good early season form from young players already looks like it will be yet another means to cash in.

It's yet another bland statement with empty words with a thinly veiled threat of continued asset striping of the playing staff, full of holes such as them not doing proper checks on the most expensive signings which differs from the young players that have been here a while, do they not realise that 2 of those fook ups were here before? Bony was a gamble we couldn't afford and Andre a bigger one who was here only 6 months last time before he was making noises and wanting to leave !

It's all utter bollks. We all know serious cost cutting was needed but because they are so inept at buying AND selling they've actually achieved the no mean feat of double fooking us ! over paying and under selling assets and then having to sell more to cover the hideous losses !!

That ain't any kind of plan that's just sheer incompetence on a grand scale, yet some muppets on here seem to lap it all up.

These people should not be trusted or listened to, the first plan must be to get rid of Jenkins, force him to resign, do what it takes, then there is no buffer zone or layer of protection in front of the yanks, they will then be clearly accountable and visible to the fan base, I'm actually appalled Jenkins hasn't already resigned, he knows the situation, maybe he is an unwilling partner and no doubt an NDA will be in place if he left so his words couldn't help but it seems he just doesn't care enough to drop his 500k a year and is happy being the patsy .

It's a huge shambles, has been for years and we all must take a share of responsibility for it as many were happy sticking their head in the sand as we limped from one relegation survival to the next, many ignoring the glaring mismanagement higher up.

Contender for post of the year
Interview with the Owners on 21:16 - Sep 3 with 2398 viewsdobjack2

Interview with the Owners on 21:12 - Sep 3 by _

Hang on, it's no different to what the Trust do. They hide behind 'confidentiality' barriers as well.

You can't go assuming anything until you have context.

Depends whether they didn’t want to answer because of confidentiality issues or simply because they didn’t like the question.

I agree context is everything
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 21:18 - Sep 3 with 2358 views_

Interview with the Owners on 20:51 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

An interesting but concerning article.

“... The Swans received a combined total of only around £30m......” that does seem to be on the low side, could it be that by the time intermediates and other parties had a cut of the pie there was only £30m left for the club or was it around £30m was all they could get? That would suggest a buyers market and the more desperate one is to sell the cheaper the price becomes! It certainly puts some of the recent transfer business in to perspective.

Whether this is the truth or flannel or a bit of both I don’t know, however a full set of audited accounts and financial breakdowns will certainly be able to shed more light on matters. Based on what has previously happened, it is clear some supporters have very little faith and trust in HJ et al, to restore that transparency, honesty and potentially some departures are going to be required.

You don't need that, you can just ask the Trust

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Interview with the Owners on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 2348 viewsjasper_T

They would have said if they weren't charging interest because it would be an absurdly generous thing for them to do from our and the trusts' perspective.

Except the members of their hedge fund might not look at the idea too kindly. They've already made terrible returns on this investment, and now L&K are giving their capital away free of charge!
Interview with the Owners on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 2346 viewsmajorraglan

I suspect the further cuts refer to moving the highest earners on to other clubs, Bony, Routledge and I believe Narsingh are out of contract next summer, with Dyer, Jordan Ayew and Naughton up in 2020, Andre Ayew is 2021.

Let’s hope those players who are out on loan have great seasons and that their value shoots up.
Interview with the Owners on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 2333 viewsDarran

Superbly said Tone.

Interview with the Owners on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 2340 viewsWatchman

Interview with the Owners on 20:39 - Sep 3 by Darran

I’ll tell you something too,an impeccable source told me last week and their exact words were because I’ve still got the message “there have been many broken promises last 2 years”

Anyone that trusts those fuçkers needs help.

that is going to be the 'local' narrative when the time comes. Did not deliver what they promised blah blah blah
any one who supports them or the sell outs is looking after self interest

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Interview with the Owners on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 2337 viewsQJumpingJack

Who introduced the Americans to the former directors?
Was it Keith Harris or someone else?
Interview with the Owners on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 2299 viewsShaky

Interview with the Owners on 21:05 - Sep 3 by Darran

lol

This is without doubt the most interesting claim in the article, which interestingly comes less than 24 hours after i asked in another thread what commitments they originally made to the sellers about supporting th eclub financially.

2 key implications:

IF they have actually done this they are putting fresh money on the line. That's unequivocally good news.

The bad news is it almost certainly means the club would have lost the full support of its bankers well before relegation and the summer's transfer movements. in other words it puts paid to the spin being peddled by the errand boy team that the woes are all related to relegation.

"So we stepped in and did that last season, and we have done it this season."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 21:30]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Interview with the Owners on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 2255 views_

Genuine question - how much money have you put into the Club in the last 10 years - £100?

Interview with the Owners on 21:26 - Sep 3 with 2256 viewsmajorraglan

Interview with the Owners on 21:20 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

They would have said if they weren't charging interest because it would be an absurdly generous thing for them to do from our and the trusts' perspective.

Except the members of their hedge fund might not look at the idea too kindly. They've already made terrible returns on this investment, and now L&K are giving their capital away free of charge!

If they were lending the club money and charging interest, I would have no issue with it as long as the interest rate the club was being charged was at or below the rate the club could commercially borrow at. Anything over and above what’s out there commercially would be unacceptable.
Interview with the Owners on 21:32 - Sep 3 with 2160 views_

Interview with the Owners on 21:16 - Sep 3 by jeza739

Contender for post of the year

It was a truly shocking post played out by someone who has contributed almost zero to the Swans most of his life and repeats the same old shit in every post.

God awful and cheap.

Interview with the Owners on 21:32 - Sep 3 with 2167 viewsShaky

Interview with the Owners on 21:26 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

If they were lending the club money and charging interest, I would have no issue with it as long as the interest rate the club was being charged was at or below the rate the club could commercially borrow at. Anything over and above what’s out there commercially would be unacceptable.

If they were able to borrow commercially there would be no need to dip into their own pockets.

This is major news, that speaks to significant financial weakness, and if true the Trust must have been aware of it.

The plot thickens.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Interview with the Owners on 21:33 - Sep 3 with 2151 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 21:26 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

Interest, fees, charges can all be built in.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Interview with the Owners on 21:33 - Sep 3 with 2142 views_

Interview with the Owners on 21:16 - Sep 3 by dobjack2

Depends whether they didn’t want to answer because of confidentiality issues or simply because they didn’t like the question.

I agree context is everything

But we dont know yet everyone assumes the worst.

Think about what's going on here.

Interview with the Owners on 21:34 - Sep 3 with 2143 viewsicecoldjack

Interview with the Owners on 21:23 - Sep 3 by Shaky

This is without doubt the most interesting claim in the article, which interestingly comes less than 24 hours after i asked in another thread what commitments they originally made to the sellers about supporting th eclub financially.

2 key implications:

IF they have actually done this they are putting fresh money on the line. That's unequivocally good news.

The bad news is it almost certainly means the club would have lost the full support of its bankers well before relegation and the summer's transfer movements. in other words it puts paid to the spin being peddled by the errand boy team that the woes are all related to relegation.

"So we stepped in and did that last season, and we have done it this season."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 21:30]

I'm no expert so this is an open question to the more informed, is it possible that the septics or a company or business affiliated to them loaned us a million quid and charged us 20% interest, is that a legit way of extracting money out of the club ?

I suspect there is a whole load of reasons why this couldn't be done but i'm sure Sam and the Riddler did something along those lines.

Thoughts ?
Interview with the Owners on 21:37 - Sep 3 with 2105 viewsDarran

Interview with the Owners on 21:32 - Sep 3 by _

It was a truly shocking post played out by someone who has contributed almost zero to the Swans most of his life and repeats the same old shit in every post.

God awful and cheap.

So if he lives abroad now and can’t get to games the same applies to your chum E20 then yeah? lol

What a facking mug.

Interview with the Owners on 21:38 - Sep 3 with 2095 viewsShaky

Interview with the Owners on 21:34 - Sep 3 by icecoldjack

I'm no expert so this is an open question to the more informed, is it possible that the septics or a company or business affiliated to them loaned us a million quid and charged us 20% interest, is that a legit way of extracting money out of the club ?

I suspect there is a whole load of reasons why this couldn't be done but i'm sure Sam and the Riddler did something along those lines.

Thoughts ?

It is possible to do it, but in violation of Company Law, and i doubt very much this has been happening.

Rather the distressed financial situation is entirely consistent with the analysis i have been putting out since the '17 accounts came out

Here's the thread where i discussed all that if you want to take a look:
https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/219920/3096249/audited

Misology -- It's a bitch

Interview with the Owners on 21:40 - Sep 3 with 2060 viewsmajorraglan

Interview with the Owners on 21:33 - Sep 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Interest, fees, charges can all be built in.

Indeed, but my point was any arrangement mustnt be more expensive than what they get commercially.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024